• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to trying it out but so far from everything I'm seeing, I hope there's a way to retain the vibration aspect of the controller and turn off the trigger thing. I have a strong inclination that I'm going to really dislike using it overall. Will figure that out I guess as more PS5 games use it.

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
It's crazy how much crazy shit is happening in the controller while you play. The amount of internal sound is really impressive. They went above and beyond with this controller.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
What concerns me is that the lead on Demons Souls says haptics only work well when you can both feel the rumble and hear the accompanying sound from the controller speaker. I never will use the controller speaker since I only game with headphones. Hopefully not too much is lost doing so.
Its not really a problem, in astrobot the sounds come through the headphones. Vs the controller speaker its just that the speaker just adds a little extra.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I am surprise the DualSense is that price since DS4 still runs for 65 and this is a new controller with all those features plus big new ones.

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
It mustve been crushing Sony not to be able to get this controller in peoples hands all year.

For all the people who worked on the PS5 it has to be so incredible to get this level of feedback on the controller.

Oct 24, 2019
This could sound hyperbolic but this controller capturing imagination from all journalists like this in a mere demo, tells me Sony won hearts and next gen before it even started. So many launch games use Dual Sense, the coverage will be incessant, it will be what is talked about everytime. It's a crazy big differentiator. The most unexpected one.

Sony outsmarted everyone. I say this as someone who play on PC and didn't have a PS4.

It's definitely been the single most underrated feature of next gen. Everyone's been hyping up the SSDs (rightfully so) and comparing tflops (wrongfully so), but the DualSense will be the single biggest differentiator, aside from games of course, that sets PS5 apart from Xbox.

For every single multiplat game that takes advantage of the haptics and adaptive triggers, the media is going to be gushing about how cool these features are and how much they enhance the gameplay experience of CoD or Madden or NBA or what have you, and Sony will be able to use that to sell the PS5 versions of those games as the "true nextgen" versions.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
In hindsight, it feels incredible smart of Sony to push for that they can only talk about the controller. Outlets need to be creative, just like this, to have something to talk about haha.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
It mustve been crushing Sony not to be able to get this controller in peoples hands all year.

For all the people who worked on the PS5 it has to be so incredible to get this level of feedback on the controller.

Yeah they would have loved to let people get a hands on at various shows, best buys, eb games etc.. Shame. On the bright side once it releases their customers will do all the marketing it looks like lol.

N.IgmatikOne

Banned
Oct 24, 2020
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Trigger and Haptic
Imagine if Playstation put the haptic technology into the PSVR2. Next level immersion. Get shot or attacked and feel it in your head.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The detailed sound generated by the controller's haptic motors is really odd. But also neat somehow lol. That was an insightful video.

Imagine if Playstation put the haptic technology into the PSVR2. Next level immersion. Get shot or attacked and feel it in your head.
Yeah that's smart, getting something that's constantly pounding at your friggin' head.

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
Ah that skin is insanely beautiful. The black with the white on the underside is the best. I would totally leave it like that.

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
He said it's going to be hard to implement features for the adaptive triggers.
Is this true? I thought it was suppose to be relatively straightforward. Or am I mistaken?

Anyways interesting video, especially the recordings of the actual haptics.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The console looks so much better in black

Still a huge monstrosity, but better

Can't wait to feel the Dualsense

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I guess some of that is neat, but none of that seems all that cool to me personally. The adaptive triggers seem like they could be useful, but I can also see implementation of that being more annoying than anything depending on how it's done. Might change my mind once I play it myself, but guess I'm old fashioned in the end. I just like a normal controller and playing a game. I could even lose regular rumble and be fine lol

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I hope 3rd party devs support it, even on PC, I wouldn't mind using the Duelsense on both my PS5 and PC.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Is this true? I thought it was suppose to be relatively straightforward. Or am I mistaken?

Nope dev here said its quite easy actually.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding needs a PS5 DualSense update so badā€¦ feels like it was made for it.
Absolutely, and it wouldn't surprise me if Kojima Productions was one of the first studios to get a dev kit.

This was the one bad thing about the video.

He said this and also that developers wouldn't support it much outside first-party, but we've seen and heard the opposite.

N.IgmatikOne

Banned
Oct 24, 2020
The detailed sound generated by the controller's haptic motors is really odd. But also neat somehow lol. That was an insightful video.

Yeah that's smart, getting something that's constantly pounding at your friggin' head.
Maybe lower the intensity but a good jerk motion, plus 3D audio tech would be next level.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
What concerns me is that the lead on Demons Souls says haptics only work well when you can both feel the rumble and hear the accompanying sound from the controller speaker. I never will use the controller speaker since I only game with headphones. Hopefully not too much is lost doing so.
'only'?
I think he mentioned both working great individually
How he could dodge arrows with just the audio and how he could react to attacks or environment with just haptic feedback

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
You'd have a point if this was coming from Sony but it's not. Just one man's opinion.

I'm not talking about the marketing, I'm saying that the DualSense is literally the most important feature that sets apart the PS5 right now and makes it a possible better deal than the equally priced Xbox even though the latter may have better specs.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017

From what we've heard, the implementation is a definitely straightforward especially for the haptic feedback but like with everything else it's only useful if devs use it.
you can check out most of the details in the OT Dualsense OT

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I'm not talking about the marketing, I'm saying that the DualSense is literally the most important feature that sets apart the PS5 right now and makes it a possible better deal than the equally priced Xbox even though the latter may have better specs.

Well I must have misinterpreted your post because I took it as a criticism rather than how you're presenting it here.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
This could sound hyperbolic but this controller capturing imagination from all journalists like this in a mere demo, tells me Sony won hearts and next gen before it even started. So many launch games use Dual Sense, the coverage will be incessant, it will be what is talked about everytime. It's a crazy big differentiator. The most unexpected one.

Sony outsmarted everyone. I say this as someone who play on PC and didn't have a PS4.

Controllers are a tangible thing, and that experience involves every second of the gaming experience. The same cannot be said for pixel counting and stuff like that; which, while important talking points, are a bit harder to sell to your average consumer.

Regarding your general observation, I think the hype train was been chugging for months. It's been--by far--the most discussed gaming thing since whenever we first saw the box.

Oct 25, 2017
That controller is what I've wanted haptics in games to be for a long time.

Dave makes great videos, btw. They're always short and to the point like this.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
The most important feature is the games. DualSense will just enable a better and immersive gaming experience.

Kenzo

alt account
Banned
Oct 9, 2020
Tsushima
Great video. I recently found his channel and his production value reminds me of MKBHD. I cant wait to get hands on with the dualsense.