• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Only 1... I always skip horsefuck valley when playing Dark Souls 2. I'll take 1000 Bed of Chaos and Lost Izaliths over that poorly-designed shithole. Honestly I'd probably also skip the Iron Passage/blue Smelter Demon and Cave of the Dead/gank squad if I were to play it right now. All those areas were designed for co-op so they're pretty miserable to solo.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
You can skip the four heavies in DS2 and head directly to Drangleic Castle if you collect enough Souls, and I've taken that long, hard route so I could skip the Duke's Dear Freya and her goddamn spider-infested monstrosity of a level. Fuck suffering through that area more than twice.

Rafroel

Oct 28, 2017
Any and all of the big ass dragons. Just not fun for me, they take forever and the camera is always working against you.

Saray

Nov 26, 2018
Priscilla. I like to roleplay in games and that is the only boss i can't find a reason to kill, so i plunge down from the plank, and hurry home.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
If you're on your 6th playthrough and running through just to get a certain weapon for pvp and you fight every single boss you're playing DS wrong.
Lol I've replayed DS2 like 20 times and I never skip a boss, 8 pt of DS3 and I never skip either.... it's ok to to be wrong sometimes OP ;) :p

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I don't replay them that often like other peeps so i don't really skip any.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Midir in DS3 is just annoying to fight. The window for attacking is short and the fight takes forever and is really stacked against some builds.

In Sekiro I usually skip most of the Headless in NG+. They are not fun to fight.

I don't think I want to do Darklurker in DS2 ever again because the bullshit just to get to the fight is a bit too much. Ancient Dragon is also a load of crap.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
Genuinely the only one I have ever skipped and will forever skip is Royal Rat Authority. When I replayed DS2 two years or so ago it drove me fucking insane, especially as I had no problems with any other bosses before and after it. God. God, FUCK that ugly rat-dog.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My goal is always to fight every boss on my first playthrough and decide from there which ones I want to skip on multiple playthroughs. For DS3 (the only one I've beaten) Nameless King and Midir are the only two I'll never fight again. Once was enough for me when it comes to those two lol.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting how many people say they skip Midir. He's my favourite in The Ringed City and almost up there with Kalameet. Although someone did say they skip Kalameet as well.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
If you skip a boss, you're playing DS wrong.
The game literally gives you the option to skip the bosses. If skipping bosses wouldn't be an intended way of playing the game, there would be no shortcuts and no master key. It's absolutely an intended way of playing and it would be a worse game if it wasn't.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I mean if I was doing a specific run, I would skip every optional boss I could do achieve what I set out to do in the fastest time possible.

A proper full run on the other hand, never skip a boss. In the end you become so strong that you can go back and squash optional bosses in no time.

Oct 28, 2017
  • Dark Souls
    • Bed of Chaos (I wish)
    • 2 Chimeras (depends on build)
  • Dark Souls II
    • The 3 coop bosses in the DLC
    • Sir Alonne sometimes because fuck that passage before him.
    • Dark Lurker usually
    • Ancient Dragon
  • Dark Souls III
    • Darkeater Midir (beat him once, it's enough)
    • Sometimes Slave Knight Gael
Only count solo btw.

mazpratim

Oct 27, 2017
Depends what I need for my build but I've never beaten Midir, Darklurker, most DS2 DLC bosses or Demon of Hatred before

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight!
Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about war than you do pal, because he invented it.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Not Dark Souls but Bloodborne.

Yarnham, I've fought her once only because unlocking all the crap to get to her gets old. They really should carry over to other saves.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Some people in here trying to flex that they always devour the fecal matter like Royal Rat and Ancient Dragon in every run as the only true way to play
source.gif

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I played DS2 4 times and I don't think I ever even encountered Royal Rat Authority. Since everyone seemed to hate it I never bothered to look up how to either. Also skipped the co-op focused DLC stuff.