• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, once it is December 10 worldwide and the game is out in all regions, then all Cyberpunk threads will be closed for 24 hours.
I don't get the purpose of this. Either ban all discussions of CD project games permanently or don't do it at all. It just seems like a way for mods to feel good about themselves without angering people who don't give a shits about trans rights or feelings.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I don't get the purpose of this. Either ban all discussions of CD project games permanently or don't do it at all. It just seems like a way for mods to feel good about themselves without angering people who don't give a shits about trans rights or feelings.

Full ban on CDPR would spawn discussion on about other troublematic studios and publishers etc., where the line is basically. Maybe ERA needs to have that discussion, but this half-step somewhat addresses and highlights issues with the CDPR without hard ban on them or their titles.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Full ban on CDPR would spawn discussion on about other troublematic studios and publishers etc., where the line is basically. Maybe ERA needs to have that discussion, but this half-step somewhat addresses and highlights issues with the CDPR without hard ban on them or their titles.
Yeah, people would want Ubisoft, Naughty Dog, Insomniac, and Thq Nordic discussion banned too and this forum would die. Might as well just keep the threads open and let people vent about their grievances.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, people would want Ubisoft, Naughty Dog, Insomniac, and Thq Nordic discussion banned too and this forum would die. Might as well just keep the threads open and let people vent about their grievances.

OK.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
cyberpunk_2077___behig6ksr.gif

cyberpunk_2077___behiekjkv.gif

I just set my last gen consoles on fire watching this. Those versions should've been shit canned long ago so CDPR could really go all in.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I believe the rules/guidelines are that people can still be excited for and talk about Cyberpunk, but concerned users can also post their grievances. And neither side needs to talk about the other, as there were a few bans for users trying to force that a couple of weeks ago.

It's actually a good set of guidelines, IMO. Doesn't treat anyone unfairly.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I can hear PS4s around the world already spinning up to run this.

But seriously, the last few days of information and previews of the game have been incredibly encouraging and I can't wait to finally play it.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
The rain effects are incredible!😲!

Exactly how I hoped they would be!
Well in WIRE 5 they did say that game has over 7.5 hours of music just for ambient, quests etc. and on top of that they have over 150 tracks of music from established artists likes Grimes and RTJ for radio stations etc.
Thats an insane amount of original music.

Thats what 10 years of development time can afford👍
One thing I loved about Sleeping Dogs was driving in rain-soaked Hong Kong at night while listening to the radio.

So uhhh... if I'm not getting Sleeping Dogs 2 anytime soon then this'll do.
Well, Donnie Yen is starring in the "Sleeping Dogs" movie:
sleeping-dogs.png

😲

Last edited:

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Production costs are way, way too high for them to ignore massive install base of last-gen.

Ehh people say this, but you could make the same argument for Witcher 3 leaving millions of PS3/360 players behind. Outside of doing blockbuster numbers on PC, the attach rate across both next gen systems would approach BOTW levels, plus it would have years long legs, just like W3.

Mar 30, 2018
fUsVPQE.png

I was hoping they'd keep clothing cosmetic, but it looks like they changed their mind. Probably the only disappointing thing I read in terms of game mechanics from the previews.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
fUsVPQE.png

I was hoping they'd keep clothing cosmetic, but it looks like they changed their mind. Probably the only disappointing thing I read in terms of game mechanics from the previews.

It was.... late 2019 if I remember right when they talked about having fashion and stats fully separate so we can have our V look just like want. Hearing they ended up coupling the two after all is disappointing. If they are going as hard with RPG as previews etc. imply then stats will matter A LOT => stats dictate looks of V instead of our personal tastes.

Sucks.

Makes me wish that stats on gear don't mean much so I can rock what ever I want.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
that gamestar preview confirmed there won't be that many side activities like in a gta. kinda sad i always enjoyed playing tennis, bowling, darts, pool, do all the basejumping, pilot school and stuff. makes the game world feel more alive.

also sucks that the game world won't have the same type of emergent gameplay like in gta, where it's possible that one AI car crashes into a car of another and a huge gang war breaks out of nowhere. that's something that still only rockstar does right, let's hope cdpr puts all of that on the list for their next cyberpunk game.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Bha, already in my ignore list for some reason.
I could understand not liking the dev/publisher, but pissing on a beloved decades old RPG, that's pretty piss poor.
I'll say it again then, can anyone please show me an image directly from the rulebook or official materials of this beloved decades old rpg that shows the same level of transphobia as the goddamn chick-with-dick poster, saying "chromanticore", that has been doubled down on by cdpr in in-game and live events, because mine sure doesn't? No? Shut up then about the traditions of a game you probably never played.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
that gamestar preview confirmed there won't be that many side activities like in a gta. kinda sad i always enjoyed playing tennis, bowling, darts, pool, do all the basejumping, pilot school and stuff. makes the game world feel more alive.

also sucks that the game world won't have the same type of emergent gameplay like in gta, where it's possible that one AI car crashes into a car of another and a huge gang war breaks out of nowhere. that's something that still only rockstar does right, let's hope cdpr puts all of that on the list for their next cyberpunk game.
I think there is boxing and street races. Aside from that I'd much rather the world is filled with interesting quests and NPCs rather than filler activities such as golf or tennis.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I think there is boxing and street races. Aside from that I'd much rather the world is filled with interesting quests and NPCs rather than filler activities such as golf or tennis.
I'd love to play Pool and Arcade games. If not in the main game, maybe the expansions could add those activities.

Also, here is the list of the Radio Stations:

89.3 Radio Vexelstrom
92.9 Night FM
101.9 The Dirge
103.5 Radio Pebkac
88.9 Pacific Dreams
107.3 Morro Rock Radio
98.7 Body Heat Radio
106.9 30 Principles
96.1 Ritual FM
95.2 Samizdat Radio

Oct 28, 2017

I'm not really bothered about the side activities. They're the sort of thing you do once, go 'neat', then never touch again.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
What's up with Insomniac?
I'm not really bothered about the side activities. They're the sort of thing you do once, go 'neat', then never touch again.
Like Gwent? :) I mean I totally get you because I usually don't do mini-games in games as well. But I know people who can lose themself in the mini-games of Yakuza and the like. It also adds a lot to the immersion.

Oct 28, 2017
What's up with Insomniac?
Like Gwent? :) I mean I totally get you because I usually don't do mini-games in games as well. But I know people who can lose themself in the mini-games of Yakuza and the like. It also adds a lot to the immersion.

Yeah even Gwent. But I totally get why people got more involved with that, and why they spun it out.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
fUsVPQE.png

Eh I mean if it''s like Witcher it won't really matter that much. There will be optimal gear but nothing that stops you from just dressing how you want to really. I think it would be super boring if gear was purely cosmetic, honestly.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I love mini-games in games. They offer something else to do when the Golden Path gets monotonous after a long playsession. It's also realistic to be able to walk into a bar, order a drink, drink it and then mosey over to the Pool table and play a few games.
I want to ride the roller coaster.
Me too.

I wonder what other side activities are in this game that we can partake in?

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
I need to see what FPS this plays at on a base PS4

Just one more game before retirement.

Resetta Stone

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, Arizona

It especially got bad when some of the aspects of those side activities were added into main story missions. As much as I love Rockstar, them shoehorning in side stuff that I had no interest in playing felt less fun and more of a 'let's get past this and never speak of it again'.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
One thing i really love is the quality of the NPC's faces, lipsync etc in dialogue. That stuff results in good immersion for me.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
It especially got bad when some of the aspects of those side activities were added into main story missions. As much as I love Rockstar, them shoehorning in side stuff that I had no interest in playing felt less fun and more of a 'let's get past this and never speak of it again'.
True.

I tried to read through the Gamestar article to see what LabRat meant about there being fewer side activities; but the article threw up a paywall today🤷‍♂️

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
They also mention that the city center was bustling with people and that the bars had even more people in them than in the last preview. Obv on a high end system.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Do any of the preview articles mention your apartment? Do they still have the cool weapon locker rooms, closets, etc.?

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
No, unfortunately. They also notably didn't give previews to any press that normally address that kind of thing, though it's not realistic to know if that was intentional. If you're worried about that then you should definitely wait until post release.

I pre-ordered the game years ago on a key site for 30 bucks and can't get my money back now. I'll definitely wait for reviews before I play it and might end up not playing it after all. The hype I felt back then pretty much evaporated - the whole mess is still interesting but not on a "can't wait to play" level anymore.

Should I play it, I'll go through it with a critical eye though. The attention that the last week has brought on issues regarding the development of the game and the developers stance or lack thereoff on important issues regarding portrayal and representation in the game has given me a lot of insight.

I was aware that CDPR has shown a very transphobic side these last two years but I didn't know how the trans community looked at those portrayals in the PR/game or felt about it.

The pinned thread was really informative for me - even if I didn't actively participate. Had I not already locked a key down, I wouldn't buy it with the knowledge I have now.

antbeezy21

Banned
May 25, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing concerns regarding transphobia
I personally don't care, I don't even know these people so I can't judge anybody I don't even know like that. That's how I feel, I just hope they deliver on a great game that's all

Status
Not open for further replies.