• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will RE2 success increase the possibility of Dino Crisis being remade

• Yes

Votes: 170 31.2%
  • No

Votes: 375 68.8%

• Total voters

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Doubtful, but i'd love to see a remake/reboot of the franchise. So long as we have the original trio of cast members.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A Dino Crisis reboot/remake should go full action like DC2 to keep the action RE fans satisfied.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
RE3 REmake is next and i'm happy about this. It was the scariest RE game when i played them as a little kid. Nemesis caused me nightmares back then lol.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I wouldn't be surprised if somebody paid Capcom to remake DINO CRISIS. That's about the only way I think they'll do it. And you can guess who that somebody is.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i mean...who wouldn't want to experience a T-Rex and raptor screaming right in front of your face in VR...i reckon it will be pretty cool.

I was imagining Dino Crisis remake more as an action game like Dino Crisis 2 and what better mechanics to use from RE than RE6. Imagining Dino Crisis in VR as a pure survival horror game though is the better way to path for the remake.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be really excited when Dino Crisis gets rebooted in any capacity.

I've never played a single game and don't really have any interest in it, but I really just want to see the suffering end.

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
I wish, but it won't.

I guess, it'll happen only when somebody at Capcom HQ suddenly remember "Oh, wait, we had a Dino Crisis along with others in our dormant IPs list!"

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
???

Not sure what Resident Evil has to do with Dino Crisis. I'd imagine they'd just go on to remake other Resident Evil games or perhaps remake entries in other big successful series

iliketopaint_93

Use of alt account
Sep 3, 2018
I hope so. I hope it's open world too, maybe set on an island with a large main compound surrounded by nature that you can explore. There's tons of potential for an amazing game and Capcom have the talent to do it right.

Feathered Dino's or no sale.

It's possible to make a Dino Crisis game with tons of memorable and popular dinos and the only ones with feathers would be the raptors. Most dinosaurs known to science were scaley, had minimal feathering and quills, or there is no evidence to say for sure either way.

???

Not sure what Resident Evil has to do with Dino Crisis. I'd imagine they'd just go on to remake other Resident Evil games or perhaps remake entries in other big successful series

Dino Crisis, the first at least, was pretty much Resident Evil with dinosaurs. It was a survival horror game made by the same creative director.

Last edited:

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Voted yes, but it only moves the needle the tiniest bit.

With Onimusha port/remaster FINALLY dropping tomorrow in the US and my zealous hype leading up to RE2 and DMCV's release dates, I'm very strongly on a kick for just wanting a resurgence of RE inspired games in RE Engine, and that includes a solid Dino Crisis return among other things.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Has Capcom ever done anything Dino Crisis related for Monster Hunter? Seems like it could be a good way to spark some life into the Dino Crisis I.P. Another Resident Evil remake isn't going to do anything for it.

Oct 26, 2017
Dino Crisis, the first at least, was pretty much Resident Evil with dinosaurs. It was a survival horror game made by the same creative director.
Ahh...well that goes to show how much I know. I've mostly just seen gameplay of some of the games out of curiosity so I never made that link. Still, I can't imagine Capcom would decide to remake an entry in the series because of the success of a Resident Evil remake. They've probably shelved the series for a reason

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Sorry Jaw's alt, probably not. REmake 3 will probably come out in a decade or so though so at least we have that to look forward to!

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
im actually more interested in a RE3 remake followed by RE4 remake (these 2 will probably be for the next consoles if they did come out tbh)

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
Sadly no but I wish it would, sign me up for a Dino Crisis reboot and add a real Tenchu reboot from the first PS1 game as well.

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only the first game was actually decent and it didn't sell well as a series so no. I wouldn't mind a remake of the first game though

iliketopaint_93

Use of alt account
Sep 3, 2018
Ahh...well that goes to show how much I know. I've mostly just seen gameplay of some of the games out of curiosity so I never made that link. Still, I can't imagine Capcom would decide to remake an entry in the series because of the success of a Resident Evil remake. They've probably shelved the series for a reason

That reason was mostly Dino Crisis 3 because it had the disastrous concept of dinosaur aliens in space, which fans of the series never really wanted. For whatever reason entertainment industries thinks prehistoric megafauna that actually existed and is unlike anything alive for millions of years isn't interesting enough on it's own, so they're usually made into fictionalized movie monsters. It was a bizarre sequel idea nobody wanted, and also had some janky gameplay as well.

But I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be a killer IP now if done properly, especially with the comeback of the survival horror genre and the popularity of games like Monster Hunter and Horizon. I think there's a lot of skepticism because we haven't seen nearly any solid examples of dino games beyond Turok and Dino Crisis, but an impressive trailer of a current or next gen AAA Dino Crisis game would probably put a swift end to that.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
That reason was Dino Crisis 3 because it had the disastrous concept of dinosaur aliens in space, which fans of the series never really wanted. For whatever reason entertainment industries thinks prehistoric megafauna that actually existed and is unlike anything alive for millions of years isn't interesting enough on it's own, so they're usually made into fictionalized movie monsters.

But I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be a killer IP now if done properly, especially with the comeback of the survival horror genre and the popularity of games like Monster Hunter and Horizon. I think there's a lot of skepticism because we haven't seen nearly any solid examples of dino games beyond Turok and Dino Crisis, but an impressive trailer of a current or next gen AAA Dino Crisis game would probably put a swift end to that.
Yikes. I can see why folk wouldn't exactly be into that. Just saying it out loud sounds rather really

Well we have no way of knowing but I can see the IP working for sure. More and more diverse games and concept seem to be more readily accepted these days, with many new weird IPs, like Splatoon, being surprisingly popular or series like Persona drawing in a large number of new fans with the last installment. A nice scary trailer with killer dinosaurs would at least draw some sort of attention, with proper marketing

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dino Crisis? No, it's not as popular as you may think.

This will certainly fast track a RE3 remake though, if successful

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
If anything, you'd think the success of Jurassic World movies, Horizon ZD, Ark, etc would lead to publishers or devs considering investing in dinosaur-based new IPs.

At the very least, we didn't see any substantial release or announcement materialise and it's been 3+ years since Jurassic World movie.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I hope so.

If the shitty jurassic world movies can make a shitton of money maybe is the time for a dino crisis remake too.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
This would be prime Cap-God right here if they pulled this off in the RE engine. I mean REmake 2 would have to sell gang busters.

Even then they'd likely have more of an interest of doing 3. Code Veronica has a better shot than DC unfortunately.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man I sure hope so.

Hire the guys who do the Monsters in Monster Hunters and let them make the dinosaurs and take REmake 2 and build Dino Crisis on it. Maybe make the gameplay more arcade like RE6 but if not then do it straight.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I think concerns about brand recognition for Dino Crisis are moot; the series should get rebooted with a remake of DC1 treated as an entirely new beast. There's tons of room for Dino Crisis to be more survival horror focused or more action focused.

Honestly, it's pretty wild that the DC series took a sharper turn from survival horror to action than any RE game, even RE Zero to RE4. DC1 is about as hardcore survival horror in mechanics as you can get with the classic template, certainly more than even the RE games of the era, and then Dino Crisis 2 released with such a drastic retooling of the gameplay that it feels like something you'd play in arcades by comparison.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I fucking wish though.
Dino Crisis is dead and will stay dead, Capcom doesn't give a shit about it.