Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
I double dog dare you, Sony.

giphy.gif

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'd just stick to them being part of the lore (maybe add in the other modern-day religions as well).

As much as people lovee to laugh at Christians getting offended I don't think it would really be in good taste to add people's belief systems into a game where the primary form of interaction with those belief systems is brutal murder.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I feel like Jesus, being a pacifist in basically every way, would be more of a helper to Kratos or a guide. Especially the Kratos from the PS4 God of War.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Wouldn't Japanese also be controversial? It's still an active religion.

Oh is it?

I thought it wouldn't be controversial since p4 had a Japanese deity as a major villain for an example though I admit not that familiar with Japanese religions

Hmm well at least Egyptian and I guess after that they could go after the Arabian/Sumerian mythos

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Mark my words, mortals
In the end, Kratos kills God (JRPG.jif), and being the reformed, repentant, "I'm too old for this shit" man he is -- but also aware of the wrongness in going off to hide in the woods until he dies -- he swears off violence and begins to wander the earth.

He grows his beard out even more. He ditches his shoes. He wears a robe. He starts to preach about forgiveness, penance, and the righteousness of non-violence. He amasses followers, and knowing the mountain of sins every god actually stands on top of, has some of them write stuff that'll make mortals better rather than the exact truth. After 30 or so years, he's sick of all this gods/God shit and decides to let Pontius Pilate put him down so mortals can do their own thing. Over time, the facts of his father being a god and his extensive first-hand knowledge of the Judeo-Christian God get whisper-down-the-laned together to him being the son of God.

This is how we go from Vengeful God Old Testament to Loving God New Testament.

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Cristian lore is gamey enough tho
I think that with the right imagination and direction it can be done. Showing everything from the Bible but in a metaphorical way. Like Babels Tower instead of tower, lets say it was a rocket to go to God. There was a book called Yavehs book where text from the bibles where traduced in a sci-fi way and made it very interesting.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Sony pictures: No one will top our North Korea fiasco!
Playstation: Hold my beer...

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Christianity is an Abrahamic religion. Even if Cory wanted to, no way Sony allows them. That's a huge, potentially brand crippling, can of worms. Don't touch active religions. Just don't.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm Catholic and I would be all for that boss fight!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
What would be cool in the next game:

Your doing some side quest everything seems as normal. Then you get to some clearing and see a winged figured kneeling and facing away from you. As they get close Atreus remarks that maybe it's a valkyrie they missed (or something). As you get close the figure stands up and turns and suddenly your in this super hard fight against an Archangel. You win the fight though unable to kill and they leave with some cryptic message. and later on they can either follow up on it or always leave it a mystery.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Since other cultures have been brought up: I've said this before, but as cool as it would be to encounter mythologies from around the world, I really don't like the idea of having Kratos going around and destroying the pantheons of non-European cultures. And I'm honestly surprised that more people don't see the historical baggage that brings.

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
Btw, GOW teases other religions on the game:

Yeah I noticed those symbols when I played it, those were some hype teases. As cool as Egyptian, Celtic, and Japanese would all be, they get a lot of attention as it is, so I would really love to see some of the lesser-known religions get featured. Polynesian could be amazing. Imagine fighting Pele, the volcano deity, across a lush tropical archipelago backdrop? Native American, Inuit, and/or Voodoo would all be really awesome as well

Oct 27, 2017
When I finished God of War 2 I thought in the end it would be revealed that Kratos killed all other divine beings and basically is the God of the Bible and that Jesus was his son.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Would be a cool twist if Jesus is the only god that is not corrupted in the GoW universe

Jan 20, 2019
Since other cultures have been brought up: I've said this before, but as cool as it would be to encounter mythologies from around the world, I really don't like the idea of having Kratos going around and destroying the pantheons of non-European cultures. And I'm honestly surprised that more people don't see the historical baggage that brings.

There wont be enough God Of War games for that to happnen, i dont think we will get much more then this new trilogy.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I mean Kratos did sort of chill with the genociding after Atreus was born so...

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
There wont be enough God Of War games for that to happnen, i dont think we will get much more then this new trilogy.

I doubt that. God of War is one of PlayStation's most iconic franchises and it just got a huge reinvigoration.

Just like Halo or Zelda or Mario, I don't see God of War going away any time soon.

Oct 29, 2017
Come on let's rip Gabriel's wings or something.

That said, angels better be abstract as fuck. Androgynous people with wings is played out.