• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
I'm going to try this beta.

I want it to be at least average in quality. I'm more forgiving of superhero games.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Avengers game looks so mid I can't even pretend to care about who's exclusive to what platform. I guarantee you they'll be plenty of ugly ass characters in generic AAA game design on all platforms.

I just miss Marvel Heroes so much - running through Savage Land and shit was a blast.

I am still waiting for a successor and it doesn't look like I'm getting one yet

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
If only someone could make a fighting game for Marvel superheroes.

If only.
I would be up for another Marvel Ultimate Alliance. But they desperately need to come up with something that makes the player want to keep playing after the story is done. Infinity trials just ain't cutting it. And the story gets terribly dull on successive playthroughs.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that what happened with the very obvious Venom rehash? Shame.

Saladin Ahmed's Ms. Marvel started out really nice but became boring so quickly.

Ahmed's Ms. Marvel isn't bad but it's a lot more typical. He lacks the unique voice that gave Wilson's Ms. Marvel its heart and soul.

Also he erased her parents' memories of her being Ms. Marvel and that sucks!

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
What can I say, dude at least has a character arc and has shown clear growth and development. (Though the bullying stuff reeeeeally should've been touched on and handled better, of course.)

That said, you want the real character preference that points to me disliking Deku, I'd more choose Mirio being the best character in the series, and the questions raised in that arc legitimately got me feeling like "Man, it really would be a lot better if this guy was the main character instead..."
Heh. I'm just messing with folks. Everyone's got a fave, especially in large casts like MHA.

I tend to find that a number of folks the faceturn of a heel: Sasuke, Bakugo, Kylo Ren, etc. And that's just not my jam. It's expected, it's overdone and it's rarely surprising.

I hate what they've done to Kamala. She's got such a good costume and they gave her body armour.

I can... talk more about that in the future.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How was the EXILES series that was started by Judd Winick? Looks like Claremont took over at the end lol and relauched the book at New Exiles.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Lol so I ordered the Hellsing HC last week from Amazon and got a message that my package may be lost during shipping and that I can get a refund.

The world doesn't want me having manga!

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone warned me, but I read all of the initial Exiles comic. Starts off great, then changes staff and is like, okay-ish from what I recall, and then Claremont comes on, and my god does he ever just completely ruin it at the end there.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I'm not surprised that Spider-Man is a PS4 Avengers exclusive and I get why people are pissed but I really don't care. The game has always looked like the definition of average to me and I never expected him in it in the first place. I was surprised he made it into MUA3 tbh.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
welcome to the community btw blanton. or are you a familiar face returned?

Lol so I ordered the Hellsing HC last week from Amazon and got a message that my package may be lost during shipping and that I can get a refund.

man, that's a kind of customer service I've dreamed about. packages usually disappear and you have to spend weeks or months having it looked for or persuading sellers to give you refunds.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Al Ewing needs to be on Exiles. I'm telling you.

And he needs to bring back Guillotine. She was cool during Contest of Champions.

b5aa66cc244157e08d04c14ab33b4fd7._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

And then he brought her back for USAvengers during Secret Empire, when Hydra was attacking Europe

Man maybe I should just read Contest of Champions again. I've been talking about it so much.
I'd bet she's off the board due to Hickman shit with her.
Probably way too busy figuring out how to kill Moira.
Right sure

But like just for like, a little bit

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
man, that's a kind of customer service I've dreamed about. packages usually disappear and you have to spend weeks or months having it looked for or persuading sellers to give you refunds.
I'm currently having to do that right now in fact.
Been waiting for something for over a month, it clearly is never going to get here, now I'm fighting for a refund.
Fun times.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Yea, wtf, they actually told you without you having to contact them lol? Thats nuts! The Amazon robots must have gotten a software update.
Everyone warned me, but I read all of the initial Exiles comic. Starts off great, then changes staff and is like, okay-ish from what I recall, and then Claremont comes on, and my god does he ever just completely ruin it at the end there.
Really, thats a shame. I remember people enjoying the Winick stuff when it was coming out, but I didnt know he left the book before it finished.

I was looking at a reading guide for Spider-Man 2099 and apparently he joins the Exiles towards the end and becomes a full on member of the team.

The Exiles seems like a book that could do really well since he wouldnt have to be roped in to whatever status quo event was going on at the time. Has any of the Exiles runs been noteworthy lol?

Al Ewing needs to be on Exiles. I'm telling you.

And he needs to bring back Guillotine. She was cool during Contest of Champions.

And then he brought her back for USAvengers during Secret Empire, when Hydra was attacking Europe

Man maybe I should just read Contest of Champions again. I've been talking about it so much.
Oh wow, she looks awesome.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Let me tell you a little story about how Trump gutted the US Postal Service so that he can mess with mail-in ballots for this year's election.
oh, I know. But I've still been getting all my stuff fine. I'm curious as to what exactly changed mechanically. Do they just have a giant hole that 1/3rd of all mail needs to be dumped into?

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
oh, I know. But I've still been getting all my stuff fine. I'm curious as to what exactly changed mechanically. Do they just have a giant hole that 1/3rd of all mail needs to be dumped into?

I don't know what's going on exactly, how it has gotten even more bogged down and inefficient, but I was expecting a signed agreement from a client in April, and I just got it last week. That's just one of several examples of how stuff seemingly just stops moving/vanishes for weeks at a time.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The only change that Ive seen is that if the mail courier is running late, they will hold all of the mail and deliver it the next day. Not sure how much that will impact things, at least on a normal day. During the holidays though I could see people throwing a fit lol. All of this just to stroke Trump's ego. I really hope this kinda shit comes back to bite him on the ass. Even my die hard Republican grandpa thinks its ridiculous, but he would rather deal with it than see a damn liberal in charge.

Tried calling him out on the double standard and its literally no use. Age really does make things worse.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Omg look what Kotobukiya released this month. Just ordered one.

s43ein0u4p541.jpg

I've nearly 2k in orders sitting in an ami ami warehouse paid and waiting to be shipped.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wilson is a good writer but it will never not be stupid that she temporarily wrote Bruno out of the comic by having him blow himself up trying to hack a door.

Civil War II was a bad time, man.

arkon

Nov 6, 2017
I pre-ordered it back in March with the Astonishing X-Men omnibus - which did actually arrive - from Speedyhen. They've always been great in the past and I prefer to use them than Amazon, but I must have made the wrong choice this time.

I can see Blackwells say they have some in stock online, but it looks like they're a nightmare to deal with according to reviews.
I've used Blackwells for a number of orders and had no complaints, although I suppose their packaging isn't any different to Amazon or other UK retailers, randomluck what condition your books arrive in. I guess I haven't had cause to deal with their customer service yet so maybe that's the issue?

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, I'm finally getting around to the Netflix Marvel series. Watched Daredevil season 1 and am halfway through season 1 of Jessica Jones. The setup worked for Kingpin, but a whole season of Purple Man is feeling a bit stretched.

Are all the Netflix seasons like that, fixating on one villain for like 13 episodes of 50 minutes each? Because if so, yeeeeeeah, might want to break this stuff up rather than marathoning all these shows in a row like I had been planning...

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, I'm finally getting around to the Netflix Marvel series. Watched Daredevil season 1 and am halfway through season 1 of Jessica Jones. The setup worked for Kingpin, but a whole season of Purple Man is feeling a bit stretched.

Are all the Netflix seasons like that, fixating on one villain for like 13 episodes of 50 minutes each? Because if so, yeeeeeeah, might want to break this stuff up rather than marathoning all these shows in a row like I had been planning...
The Netflix shows start off really good with DD and JJ but after that? Oof.

DD stays good, though.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
How on Earth are so many packages getting lost lately?

Louis DeJoy likely bears some blame. Trump mega-donor gave $2m to campaign. Given new job as postmaster general despite zero experience. Also owns incredible amount of stock in USPS rivals like UPS.

Enacted policies that hinder our mail. Both to uplift competitor business for his monetary gain and to also potentially hinder election mail voting.

A true patriot that one.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if UPS or FedEX can implement a mail in vote thing where they will handle all of it for free, just to fuck with Trump. Like he keeps saying that the USPS cant handle it because it would be too much for them. You know, rather than giving them more money and resources to help, even though the USPS have already said they are more than ready for mail in voting lol.

But man, I would laugh so hard if UPS just came out and said for the week or two of mail in voting, they would be providing couriers to pick up your ballots and ship them out. It wont happen of course. But that would really get on Trump's nerves lol.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Vic_Viper actually Amazon didn't reach out about refund heh. Tracking page told me it was probably lost though and I can request refund if I wanted. Seems it was routed waaaaayyyy off course and maybe it may arrive still eventually?

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Oh wow, she looks awesome.
She originated in the game first, which means she's a Gamerverse character original.
Wilson is a good writer but it will never not be stupid that she temporarily wrote Bruno out of the comic by having him blow himself up trying to hack a door.

Civil War II was a bad time, man.
The part that made it stupid was that he blamed Kamala for it. Like dude, you went in there. This isn't on her.

I'll break down JJ for you:
-S1 is stretched in the back half but the pay off is worth it
-S2 is just bad, but it sets up all the arcs and storylines for S3
-S3 is strong all around, the main downside being that it lacks a strkng antagonistic personality on the level of David Tennant as Purple Man to match Krysten Ritter's Jessica Jones. If it had, it would be the best season.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

Lol, even VIZ knows.

I feel bad for the person who drew the cover but god is it bad.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Kocho was just announced within the last day.

So happy. I hope hope hope they are making her Nendo. Her and Kanao if I get my dreams.

Nice to see Chip Zdarsky getting an ohc for Daredevil. Deserved it at the same time as Hulk and Venom tbh.

Btw y'all see Zdarsky is doing a story in one of the DC metal books? He isn't Marvel exclusive?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

They go back and forth. Daredevil S2 is sort of 50/50 between two plot threads. Jessica Jones sticks with the "one major plot" for both of its seasons. Luke Cage breaks it up some, across his two seasons he has like... four or five major villains. Iron Fist, uhh, I don't think even they know what they were doing there. And Punisher, yeah, both seasons are one overarching plot each.

They're all worth watching but yeah, they're all very similar in tone and structure. There's a reason I still haven't finished all of it... though I'm down to just DDS3 at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.