• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who ya got?

• Roll Tide!

Votes: 49 21.5%
  • Go Tigers!

Votes: 67 29.4%
  • Boomer Sooner!

Votes: 17 7.5%
  • Fight on Irish!

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • Not UCF

Votes: 89 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
we trying to pretend that texas is a top 5 team, and michigan doesn't belong in the top 25? What the hell is going on in here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, he's a Texas fan, which makes this conversation even more baffling.

still waiting on those receipts about PSU being "boarderline top 25."

Because thus far your argument for them is that they lose real good, apparently.

Also demolished Maryland, which is SOMETHING TEXAS FAILED TO DO.

And that makes the case for Michigan... how?

You realize nobody has called Texas a top 5 team, right? The statement is that Georgia does not deserve a high ranking, not that Texas deserves a top 5 ranking. Sorry if you can't follow.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Texas is in for a rude awakening having to replace 11 starters or whatever next year. I have a feeling they won't be yapping quite as much.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Longhorn fans are the worst. I've forgotten how bad they are after moving away. One top 15 finish and they act like they run college football.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Texas is in for a rude awakening having to replace 11 starters or whatever next year. I have a feeling they won't be yapping quite as much.

Oklahoma will be in bigtime transition next year as well, which will help Texas' prospects. But the Big 12 is deceptively deep, and the lack of on-field talent is often offset by coaching talent. I'd expect Okie St. and TCU to bounce back somewhat next year, and Iowa State's not going away as long as Campbell's there. Wouldn't surprise me to see a Big 12 champ with two conference losses next year.

Longhorn fans are the worst. I've forgotten how bad they are after moving away. One top 15 finish and they act like they run college football.

No lies detected. And it's not just their fans- the arrogance/entitlement goes straight to the top. Just ask Mizzou and A&M.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
And Iowa beat...?

let me shore this up for you: do not post some big 10 victory to try and impress me, because they won't. That's circular reasoning. Show me a marquee OoC win for Michigan.

Iowa just beat Mississippi State. Jesus.

The B1G wasn't great this year but it was a down year for the sport as a whole. They were still probably the 3rd best power conference- haven't looked at the final numbers.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
National title game brought out a bunch of shitposts, none of which are even from fans of the two teams engaged last night!

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
And Iowa beat...?

let me shore this up for you: do not post some big 10 victory to try and impress me, because they won't. That's circular reasoning. Show me a marquee OoC win for Michigan.
Honestly it seems like nobody can talk to you without having their opinions disregarded because we clearly know nothing about CFB. I bow to you, my college football czar.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
1. Penn State is a top 25 team. They played 4 ranked teams lost 1 in a blow out, 2 more were close, and won the last 1. Only other loss was in the B1G scandal bowl with Mich State. They handled everyone else on their schedule.
2. Name 20 other teams that could have played Michigan's schedule better than Michigan did.
3. Do not ever make me defend Penn State again.

You leave UCF out of this!
Why is the man with a Bama tag defending UCF?

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder we live in the new year where LSU is the best team in the nation and those orange Tiger frauds better be concerned.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aggie, which is a good win.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
I do want to say suck it to everyone who thought Mississippi State was going to go anywhere this year. I also only gave LSU 9 wins, so kudos to them for pulling out a 10th. Could have been 11 if it weren't for the greatest game ever played (7OTs vs tAMu.)

I oversold Nebraska like always, but I guess thats being a fan :P

Start the clock everyone, fewer than 8 months to go!

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Yeah, I'm with Rvaan . You have me defending Penn State and Michigan of all teams, and I hate doing it. Aggie is a good win, yes. I should know- they just demolished my alma mater.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
All you Longhorns crawling out of the woodwork whining about how you aren't in the top 5 or ahead of UGA - maybe next time, don't lose to TWO unranked teams on your way.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
I thought 5-7 or 6-6 were on the table for A&M this year, so I'll absolutely take 9-4. The Auburn loss still stings a bit.

Now to prepare for next year, with our two returning scholarship linebackers.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
justify georgia's ranking first, since I asked first
OK if you promise to post your top 25. They won the SEC East and beat all the teams in it including Florida who has to be ranked high because they beat LSU and Michigan also beat Kentucky another top 15 team. They Beat Auburn who beat the pac 12 champion. They only lost to ranked teams, two being ranked above them in the final poll and SEC boost of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.