• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Flappy bird is better then anything Mario.
flappy_bird.png

Always remember!

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Saints Ro.. beaten. GTA4 left a huge hole that Saints Row 2 filled and wouldn't stop pouring. Then I got the PC version and had mods to mess with. I look forward to their PC version redo with better performance. I will enjoy that.

Oct 25, 2017
Stardew Valley is the most obvious pick, but Heroes of the Storm doesn't get nearly enough credit for mopping the floor with the standard MOBAs. To think it started life as an in-house knock-off of WC3's most overrated mod.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I usually prefer Zelda-likes to actual Zelda games.
Okami, Darksiders just have super fun and unique settings that I dont feel like I get from Zelda. They both just bite a bit harder if that makes sense.

Also as much as I love Bloodborne, I really did not like Sekiro.....I think Jedi Fallen Order was my more preferred "sekiro-like" than the real thing. Sekiro was just way too hard to the point I did not find it fun at all, while Jedi Fallen Order always gelt like it pushed just enough to be challenging but not frustrating.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I can think of a few really good clones, but not many that are legit better than the originals.
War of the Ring was a really fun game that is basically just a model swapped Warcraft 3.
Night of the Moon is a good f2p smartphone alternative to Slay the Spire

neither of these really touch the originals tho.
i will agree that CTR is the best Mario Kart game
I wanna say some SNK game is better than Street Fighter, but they're not clones, they're just better fighting games

Oct 26, 2018
Saints Row > GTA. All of Rockstar's games control like hot garbage and I prefer the silliness of Saints Row to GTA's "we've scene a lot of crime movies and shows and we stole from all of them" writing.
I will take it back True Crime>>>GTA
Yup. Even my favorites GTA games like Vice City & San Andreas are a chore to play These days while I can still enjoy all the Saints Row games. Chinatown Wars is just as great as the Saints Row games though.
Yea. No. San Andreas blows all saints rows out the park, and this is coming from someone who was a giant superfan of saints row. Literally that series is a clone of San Andreas, and the first two kept the comedy to moderate levels, but then went to far in the third and 4. I'll give you that saonts row 2 is better than GTA4( saints row 2 had one of the better character creations imo, plus the wackiness didn't go overboard in the story mode. It had a good balance like San Andreas. Gta4 was too serious for it's one good) I had an urge to play saints row recently and decided to play San Andreas instead because, to this day, om still finding more and more content I didn't even know was in the game.

Injustice45

Oct 29, 2017
The one thing that Dead or Alive has over Virtua Fighter is a sixth game. That, in addition to spectacle and boobs.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Yea. No. San Andreas blows all saints rows out the park, and this is coming from someone who was a giant superfan of saints row. Literally that series is a clone of San Andreas, and the first two kept the comedy to moderate levels, but then went to far in the third and 4. I'll give you that saonts row 2 is better than GTA4( saints row 2 had one of the better character creations imo, plus the wackiness didn't go overboard in the story mode. It had a good balance like San Andreas. Gta4 was too serious for it's one good) I had an urge to play saints row recently and decided to play San Andreas instead because, to this day, om still finding more and more content I didn't even know was in the game.
Can't say I agree. Outside of the local multiplayer & the soundtrack I don't get any enjoyment from playing San Andreas anymore whereas I can play through Saints Row 2 twice or more a year because I enjoy it so much.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Out of the Park Baseball > Football Manager

OOTP just reads better than FM, imo.

I might be biased though as I'm more familiar with the sport of baseball than football.

the AI in FM is heaps better and also the scouting in FM is in a league of its own, to the point where actual professional managers use it as a tool.
Especially with the improvements in this years version Football manager is a management sim that is unrivaled in quality.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Sleeping Dogs > Saints Row

Sleeping Dogs > GTA

i love them all