• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Copons

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom / Italy
Should I pay some special care when buying from the US eShop?
Mario Rabbids for 18-19£ in US/CA/MX stores is a good deal, but I wonder if there are substantial region changes, or, like, how to not pay taxes on it.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, looking for some advice here

I bought Xenoblade 2 on September 21 from Base, and the game did not arrive within 25 working days so I used my rights to request a refund, which they gave me.
Earlier this week (Nov 20, just a day short of 2 months), I received the game in the mail which I did not expect.

I emailed Base and told them about this, but I honestly didn't expect them to request me to pay for the game after the delivery took 2 months and based on other people's stories of dealing with businesses under similar circumstances. There was some back and forth and they offered to either give me a 3 pound discount or cover the shipping costs if I want to return the game.
Am I in the right here? I don't want to refuse paying and be threatened with legal action or something

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Should I pay some special care when buying from the US eShop?
Mario Rabbids for 18-19£ in US/CA/MX stores is a good deal, but I wonder if there are substantial region changes, or, like, how to not pay taxes on it.
Biggest problem is making the payment. Best way is by buying US eshop cards
https://www.pcgamesupply.com/Nintendo-eShop/

Mexico is difficult from Europe, works best by making a mexican paypal account.

Deleted member 40953

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
Really disappointing Xbox One X prices, they're usually £379.99 with a game or two anyway so nothing really worth buying at the moment for me.

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017
UK era:
So for anyone that is near a Tesco that sells games, Nintendo switch pro controllers are going for £40 there and I think the joycons are on sale as well (as a side note anyone know a Tesco that does sell games near Central London :( I really want that pro controller)

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised to see prices on PS4 pro bundles here in Ireland a little lower than the UK deals online, we're used to the opposite. Picked up the 1TB pro + rdr2 bundle for €350 in Smyths, had already bought rdr2 last month at launch for €50 so I can sell that on to cex for €58 so €290 for the pro itself effectively.
Hoping it'll be a good bit more quieter than my 4 year old base model which has seen better days. It's a 72XX model which are meant to be amongst the quietest of pros.

FantasticMrSnake

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 25, 2017

Darkmark1987

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
UK era:
So for anyone that is near a Tesco that sells games, Nintendo switch pro controllers are going for £40 there and I think the joycons are on sale as well (as a side note anyone know a Tesco that does sell games near Central London :( I really want that pro controller)

Tried amazon customer service and they refuse to price match this

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, looking for some advice here

I bought Xenoblade 2 on September 21 from Base, and the game did not arrive within 25 working days so I used my rights to request a refund, which they gave me.
Earlier this week (Nov 20, just a day short of 2 months), I received the game in the mail which I did not expect.

I emailed Base and told them about this, but I honestly didn't expect them to request me to pay for the game after the delivery took 2 months and based on other people's stories of dealing with businesses under similar circumstances. There was some back and forth and they offered to either give me a 3 pound discount or cover the shipping costs if I want to return the game.
Am I in the right here? I don't want to refuse paying and be threatened with legal action or something

Legally you have no right to keep the game for free if that is what you believe. You've been unjustly enriched by this error and Base are entirely entitled to pursue you for this is they wish. The reality of the situation is that Base are unlikely to issue a claim against you due to the time and costs of this, but in such an event you would have no real defence to such a claim.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Can anyone recommend a price comparison site for 4K Blu Rays and Blu Rays please? I have just bought a new telly and 4K disc player so need something to play on it! UK chap, if that matters.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Are we expecting the switch games on the 3 for 70€ amazon de promotion to change in the coming days? There are 2 games I want there, but not a third one.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Are we expecting the switch games on the 3 for 70€ amazon de promotion to change in the coming days? There are 2 games I want there, but not a third one.

Not really answering your question but what I've done a couple of times with promos like these is sell off the third game, and then the savings on the first two are usually even better. Can understand why you wouldn't want to bother with that though.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Just came back from Saturn (Hamburg, Germany), at least here the Switch is available at 269 € today, plus most first party titles are 49 € plus they have a "Buy three, pay two" deal going on. This is as cheap as it gets, maybe check your local Saturn.

chicken_pasta

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Saturn.de has the 3x2 deal going on, with both versions of Pokémon being 49.95 I believe. So it's basically the same as Amazon's 3 for 100 euro deal.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
Legally you have no right to keep the game for free if that is what you believe. You've been unjustly enriched by this error and Base are entirely entitled to pursue you for this is they wish. The reality of the situation is that Base are unlikely to issue a claim against you due to the time and costs of this, but in such an event you would have no real defence to such a claim.
Well, guess I'm gonna have to pay them.
I don't think they would do anything if I refused to like you said, but I don't wanna take the chance.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Well, guess I'm gonna have to pay them.
I don't think they would do anything if I refused to like you said, but I don't wanna take the chance.

Complain about the service by all means but I wouldn't expect to keep it. Either return it or take the discount. It sucks, but I feel like they're well within their rights to ask for it back

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just got an x1x, fh4 and rdr for £340 using an Amex offer of £100 of £400 spend on Microsoft store. Happy with that even though rdr was an eye watering 59.99.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Not really answering your question but what I've done a couple of times with promos like these is sell off the third game, and then the savings on the first two are usually even better. Can understand why you wouldn't want to bother with that though.
I could go through the bother of selling them nationally, but shipping international wouldn't be justifiable, but since the covers are in German and I'm in Portugal, it'd be really hard to sell them here.