• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
6rB1Gdb.jpg

I'm watching you...

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
I have an appointment at a local no kill shelter tomorrow and I'm kind of nervous. I put my cat down last year that I grew up with and it was extremely rough. I adopted a cat fairly quickly to help heal (didn't help) but I think him having someone else when I'm gone all day would help. Just kind of nervous/afraid that the acclimation process will be bad.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I have an appointment at a local no kill shelter tomorrow and I'm kind of nervous. I put my cat down last year that I grew up with and it was extremely rough. I adopted a cat fairly quickly to help heal (didn't help) but I think him having someone else when I'm gone all day would help. Just kind of nervous/afraid that the acclimation process will be bad.
Kind of in a similar situation. I adopted a stray a couple of months ago. He's a very talkative fellow and I think it's partly because he's lonely/bored. My fear is that if/when the time comes I want to introduce another cat he'll start trouble- he's definitely an alpha.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
We lost one of our boys last week..he slipped out when my gf wasnt watching and didnt come home that evening. They're used to being indoors so I was ready for the worst. luckily I heard him (very faintly) through double paned glass. He was locked in an outdoor cupboard, about 30 meters from our kitchen window, on a 15cm high shelf. He mustve gotten scared and the neighbours didnt notice him and just closed the doors. I was crying my eyes out, never been as happy to seen him fucking up our furniture again.
The next day we had to see the vet about some urinating problems so the poor little guy had quite the week.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
We lost one of our boys last week..he slipped out when my gf wasnt watching and didnt come home that evening. They're used to being indoors so I was ready for the worst. luckily I heard him (very faintly) through double paned glass. He was locked in an outdoor cupboard, about 30 meters from our kitchen window, on a 15cm high shelf. He mustve gotten scared and the neighbours didnt notice him and just closed the doors. I was crying my eyes out, never been as happy to seen him fucking up our furniture again.
The next day we had to see the vet about some urinating problems so the poor little guy had quite the week.
Glad you found him safe and quickly. I would be bawling my eyes out if my kiddos got loose, they know nothing of life outside.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
128013584_10224464056778885_1673233636450026064_n.jpg

It's been two weeks now and Shaun looks a lot healthier, and keeps getting chubbier every day. He's friends with the rest of the cats too (except for Yuna but then again she doesn't like anyone)

He still can't jump very high because of his leg, so he can't climb on stuff, but I'm sure he'll get there.

K Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, its that time of the year again and its kitty and christmas! this year shes checking out the Lucky Cat bauble we got her as she shares the same name

fxaFDuw.jpg

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Wife and I are in bed and we hear Jensen dart up the hallway followed by a large thud. He hit something, either the wall, the doorframe or something else. He walked under the bed but didn't seem to be injured. Poor guy.

Also found one of his little dangly toys in two pieces in separate parts of the living room tonight...definitely would have liked to have known how that went down.

MrT

Oct 27, 2017
Wife and I are in bed and we hear Jensen dart up the hallway followed by a large thud. He hit something, either the wall, the doorframe or something else. He walked under the bed but didn't seem to be injured. Poor guy.

Also found one of his little dangly toys in two pieces in separate parts of the living room tonight...definitely would have liked to have known how that went down.
In our house, the front door faces the stairs, and when one of our cats gets the zoomies she likes to go charging down the stairs, slide across the hard floor, then do a sort of jump-turn using the front door as a kind of springboard. Sounds like a herd of elephants but it's just this little lady: (apologies for terrible quality pic!)
uha2FWU.jpg

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Is that Photoshopped or is there a creepy supernatural explanation for it? :D

Edit: yeah, Photoshopped. Here's the original.

In our house, the front door faces the stairs, and when one of our cats gets the zoomies she likes to go charging down the stairs, slide across the hard floor, then do a sort of jump-turn using the front door as a kind of springboard. Sounds like a herd of elephants but it's just this little lady: (apologies for terrible quality pic!)
uha2FWU.jpg

Cats wallrunning / wallspringing will never stop being hilarious and pretty cool at the same time. :)

Last edited:

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Orange tabby's are the best. Was looking last weekend at least one among other cats, but not sure I can adopt another one after putting mine down last year.
they are both cool! while they may be the same age. they have different personality.

patterned one definitely enjoys the attention. the other one gives off the old man vibe.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Awww. Two of mine are cuddled together like that right now. Winter makes them cuddlier. :D

Oh my, a long-haired yellow tabby; I haven't seen many of these in the flesh!
He's more medium haired then long. Love that bushy tail. I adopted him 3mos ago. He was a stray, although he's such a sweet guy I think he was someone's house pet who either escaped or they dumped on the street. Food obsessed and cries/yowls a lot.

Lucent

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I have a cat approaching a year and she's still clawing up things like my desk chair, the dining table chairs, and the door frames. I was thinking about doing caps. Any advice? I've tried saying no whenever she does it and turn her attention to a scratching board but it doesn't work 99% of the time.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I have a cat approaching a year and she's still clawing up things like my desk chair, the dining table chairs, and the door frames. I was thinking about doing caps. Any advice? I've tried saying no whenever she does it and turn her attention to a scratching board but it doesn't work 99% of the time.
https://www.amazon.com/SmartCat-3832-Ultimate-Scratching-Post/dp/B000634MH8

She's being a cat. You can try caps, I don't find that they work all that well. Do you have a good scratching post? I highly recommend you get a really good sisal post. That's the one my kitty is standing on a few posts back.

Even with the post I have tons of other scratching stuff, like a scratching board, a scratching lounger, lots of catnip toys, etc.

I still catch him scratching the sofa leg, my bed, my speakers, etc, from time to time but he always goes back to the scratching post.

Last edited:

Lucent

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.amazon.com/SmartCat-3832-Ultimate-Scratching-Post/dp/B000634MH8

She's being a cat. You can try caps, I don't find that they work all that well. Do you have a good scratching post? I highly recommend you get a really good sisal post. That's the one my kitty is standing on a few posts back.

Even with the post I have tons of other scratching stuff, like a scratching board, a scratching lounger, lots of catnip toys, etc.

I still catch him scratching the sofa leg, my bed, my speakers, etc, from time to time but he always goes back to the scratching post.

I just have a couple of simple scratching boards that are like $10. Lol. One by the litter box and one in my room near my chair. She doesn't have anything like that. But I guess I could try. I want to eventually get a nice desk chair, but I can't with her tearing my current one up.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I just have a couple of simple scratching boards that are like $10. Lol. One by the litter box and one in my room near my chair. She doesn't have anything like that. But I guess I could try. I want to eventually get a nice desk chair, but I can't with her tearing my current one up.
Don't put any toys/scratchers by the litter box- would you want to play with your PS5 while on the toilet? (what am I saying, this is Era, lol). Cats are very clean animals.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I had a longhair black and white cat as a kid- whenever he got caught out in the rain he seemed to shrink to about a quarter of the size, but loved being brushed and dried until he was appropriately 'big' again :D

The "wet rat" effect. Aww at loving being brushed. :)

If you don't have a cat tree, I would recommend one instead. You can get tall (2m) ones for $60-70 and it will make your cat super happy, and redirect the scratching to its posts. One of the best investments you can make.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
The "wet rat" effect. Aww at loving being brushed. :)

If you don't have a cat tree, I would recommend one instead. You can get tall (2m) ones for $60-70 and it will make your cat super happy, and redirect the scratching to its posts. One of the best investments you can make.
caoTSLC.jpg

$60 shipped from Petco. 😺

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
My guy refused to sleep in a cat bed I bought. He sleeps in my computer chair tho. lol

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Mandarin doesn't respond to slow blinks at all. Been living the hard life on the street too long. Lol

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Oh my that photo, the SO heard me aww from across the house. <3

No. He just sort of likes to stare blankly at times

If I could communicate with cats, the two first things I would ask them is what do they think of when they state into the ether, and what do they dream of. I want to know so badly...

Mandarin doesn't respond to slow blinks at all. Been living the hard life on the street too long. Lol

Yeah, the one of ours that grew up in the streets doesn't respond to slow blinks either, hahah. It's funny because she's become very loving over the years otherwise.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, the one of ours that grew up in the streets doesn't respond to slow blinks either, hahah. It's funny because she's become very loving over the years otherwise.
Don't get me wrong, he's a sweet guy- I think he was either someone's pet who escaped, abandoned, or indoor/outdoor kitty. He likes attention somewhat, but not a lap cat. Very food motivated. He has a love/hate relationship with petting- he will purr, but his tail is wagging like crazy.