• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
I'm actually sold on this game, looks like so much light-hearted fun. Voice acting in the impressions is really solid too (unsurprising, given the cast!)

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh, I just noticed there's no announced physical release of this yet? That's too bad.
Wonder how soon before we get Limited Run Games and adjacent releases on PS5.

Oct 27, 2017
Ever since I played Beyond Good and Evil I'm a sucker for games where you take pictures of creatures as part of the game's mechanics.

Micerider

Nov 11, 2017
I really like the idea, but man will I have to adapt to that artstyle. It's something, it's like telling your 3yo that her drawings are awesome because you love her very much and want to encourage her.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I can't lie, games like this are the reason I can't take indie games seriously.

tenor.gif

Indie games are the best....even if this isn't your cup of tea...

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the first couple minutes of the Giant Bomb video and it looks like the level of whimsy I expected. Day 1.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Really looking forward to this. So damn charming!!

edit: y'all, don't give attention to the obvious flaming takes heh

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Please elaborate. Too whimsy? Is the music too good?

A lot of things tbh.
Firstly it was one of the prime offenders of the typical "indie section" during a supposedly next gen showcase during which most people shut down for 30 mins.
Then it also has the typical low production value look of most indie games.
Like most indies that try to stand out, it also seems to rely on a different-for-the-sake-of-different gameplay gimmick that will soon lose its novelty.

At least they made it 3D, so that's more than most indies can manage.

I wish I could share the same enthusiasm, but I can guarantee that this would bore me to the point of agitation.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Yes, and to clarify, I like Greg. Im actually super envious of the Kind of Funny guys ability to just love everything.
But he is pretty open about his affinity for the brand (and not to mention his personal friendships with Sony employees). Which is fine. My skepticism would apply equally to someone with relationships close to MS as well. I just find most "game journalism" to be more PR mouthpiece than objective impressions.

But, kudos to him because in the first 2 minutes of the video he provided the disclaimer about his wife doing the PR and what not. So I appreciate his openness.

Your talking about the same greg Miller that spent YEARS talking shit on the ps3 right? The dude isn't some fanboy. He's had plenty of negative things to say about Sony and has never backed down from speaking his mind about it.

Searsy82

May 13, 2019
Your talking about the same greg Miller that spent YEARS talking shit on the ps3 right? The dude isn't some fanboy. He's had plenty of negative things to say about Sony and has never backed down from speaking his mind about it.

Everything will be okay, you don't need to white knight for a internet personality. He will be okay regardless of what I think.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
'Shishkabug (a spider with the torso of a kebab)', amazing !!!

Do the various bugsnax say their name as they're walking around like at the start of the reveal?

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of things tbh.
Firstly it was one of the prime offenders of the typical "indie section" during a supposedly next gen showcase during which most people shut down for 30 mins.
Like most indies that try to stand out, it also seems to rely on a different-for-the-sake-of-different gameplay gimmick that will soon lose its novelty.

I wish I could share the same enthusiasm, but I can guarantee that this would bore me to the point of agitation.
Octodad was great. Has this developer made a non-3D Game?

idk how the final product will be, looks good IMO but you never know, but I don't think any game should bore you to agitation.

indies have lower production values but so does any small business. Seems like a weird thing to hold against them, clearly they've invested in the voice talent and seemingly they've been making it for like 5 years.

and "different for the sake of different" idk dude. Not saying you have to like most indie games but this is nothing but a good thing for the industry to have studios trying new things. It seems like you have some resentment or issues with indies, and that's fine you do you, but you're missing out if don't give some a try.

I think if you did you'd be surprised how much you enjoy them, just like any non indie game. I'd recommend Orba Dinn, Stardew, Hollow Knight, Sayonara Wild Hearts, and Donut County based on what you posted.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why don't you just watch it? There's enough gameplay in the video.

I watched some of the gb one, dont have time to watch the rest right now, just curious what the over all vibe was. Im because i didnt like octodad
Outside of the first hour of "oh these controls sure are wacky". I wanted to know if the game seems like its a one time joke game or if there is more substance this time around

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of things tbh.

Your complaints seem rather arbitrary and many don't even seem to be about the game itself, or indie games in general, but some weird image in your head of what indie games are.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I skimmed through the Giant Bomb video since I don't want to see too much but it's looking pretty great. Seems like a good degree of potential mechanically in mixing up the different ways to catch Bugsnax. And making them interact in different ways.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of things tbh.

What completely arbitrary complaints.

Low production value?? What do you expect from games with a handful of devs who aren't even going for a more graphically intensive showcase? Your take is horrible and using this game as some sort of example for why Indie games cant be taken seriously shows how limited and probably boring your taste in games are.

This sort of take is exactly why game devs think they need to push the envelope further and further graphically, leading to crunch, leading to pubs having a flimsy excuse to monetarily gouge the players even more .