• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Seriously, they'll go down as the greatest useful idiots in modern British history.

"Did somebody say USEFUL IDIOTS? Never fear, a 'One Nation' Tory is here!"

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-9.gif

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
This is one of those situations where the vote is so tight, and the consequences so great, that it might actually be worth writing to your MP.

Whether they're a Tory, or a Corbyn loyalist, or a CUK, whatever they are. Swaying 1 MP could be worth it.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017

Eh they tried the same thing with May. Didn't work and she fucked them off. They are just doing the same old song and dance until BoJo fucks them off to, this all appeals to the leave constituents in the respective areas they are the mps for. Gotta keep up appearances, they won't vote for the deal.

I expect those lot to once more add votes on the day about rights etc to try and get them in, and fail once more. Then just not vote for the deal.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
OMFG Sky News repeating that Junker said there would be no further extension

Launch these fuckers into the sun

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
"Did somebody say USEFUL IDIOTS? Never fear, a 'One Nation' Tory is here!"

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-9.gif
I hate their attempted rebranding as one nation Tories like it means anything. They still hate and punish the exact same groups whatever they call themselves.
This is one of those situations where the vote is so tight, and the consequences so great, that it might actually be worth writing to your MP.

Whether they're a Tory, or a Corbyn loyalist, or a CUK, whatever they are. Swaying 1 MP could be worth it.
Mhairi Black probably doesn't need my encouragement haha, but yes this a very good idea.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Not to alarm anyone but Ronnie Campbell just in radio 5 (he is a Labour leave MP)

He expects the deal to pass as he is having talks with those in leave areas saying as an election is coming you will lose if you vote down the deal, so removing the whip has no meaning, vote for the deal and can go into election with head held high

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Not to alarm anyone but Ronnie Campbell just in radio 5 (he is a Labour leave MP)

He expects the deal to pass as he is having talks with those in leave areas saying as an election is coming you will lose if you vote down the deal, so removing the whip has no meaning, vote for the deal and can go into election with head held high
They will end up being deselected by their local parties if they save Boris.

Oct 27, 2017
London
Cowards in our political system. Utter cowards. I sometimes wish we had the capacity to go full Hong Kong protest and shut the country down in response to the removal of our EU citizenship.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I hate their attempted rebranding as one nation Tories like it means anything. They still hate and punish the exact same groups whatever they call themselves.

Mhairi Black probably doesn't need my encouragement haha, but yes this a very good idea.

The ideology died completely when Thatcher came in. When your shining champion is Ted Fucking Heath, you know your ideology is a bit useless. The thing is that after Thatcher but before Cameron, they were just a tiny bit less evil. Still evil though. Now they're just deluded enablers of imperialist trash.

... And as an aside, I somehow doubt writing to Paul Maskey would help~ ;p

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cowards in our political system. Utter cowards. I sometimes wish we had the capacity to go full Hong Kong protest and shut the country down in response to the removal of our EU citizenship.

The problem with that is it's not the people Vs the authority. It's the people Vs the people. That would get bad very fast.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

As usual, they only care about their job for a few more years. Scum.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland

I heard that interview - tbf he's not going for re-election so his take might be a wee bit different.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
A chara, comrade~! You guys deserve a referendum as a matter of basic human decency, to be as free as you rightly deserve.. Honestly? Though there are caveats, I think Brexit has been a huge boon for Irish and Scottish nationalists in that the possibility of Scotland leaving the UK and Ireland being united once more is higher than ever. In the case of the occupied six counties, tangible laws are pushing us closer to Dublin and further from Westminster, which is good because I have no desire of experiencing the English British Empire Weeaboo Insurgency any longer.

By contrast, Scotland is probably not having no immediate referendum without another election. However, public opinion seems to be turning in favour of Scottish Independence at a rapid rate. However, I'm sure someone more versed in Scottish politics could confirm or deny that, but I don't think I'm wrong.

Obviously, the caveats are there in both instances because we're starting to hit an unprecedented unknown period which never should have even happened in the first place, so yanno, everything"s gotta be taken with a grain of salt. But the nationalist movements of Scotland and Ireland seem to be getting turbocharged by English hubris, which is very fitting and not at all unwelcome.

Thanks! Although the chance of us getting a referendum is about the same of you guys going to Westminster.

It's amazing though, both the SNP and the SF would "prefer" the deal to go through, as it increases the chance of fulfiilling your long term goals, but neither of you can vote for it.

I think this summarizes perfectly what a conundrum Brexit is, specially for us uninitiated. For the inititated I guesd the most fitting word would be "shitshow" :P

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The ideology died completely when Thatcher came in. When your shining champion is Ted Fucking Heath, you know your ideology is a bit useless. The thing is that after Thatcher but before Cameron, they were just a tiny bit less evil. Still evil though. Now they're just deluded enablers of imperialist trash.

... And as an aside, I somehow doubt writing to Paul Maskey would help~ ;p
Very true, the label means absolutely nothing. Especially now.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So are we expecting Nigel Farage to dissolve into an inert gaseous mist if the deal gets voted through? I guess that would be one positive.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
IF the deal gets voted through, I really do wish the UK the best. I hope the experts are completely wrong, and that they can flourish by themselves without hardship etc etc. I love too many people that live in the country still, and too much that comes from it.

But I will be quick to swear off my nationality, because the UK will no longer be something I recognize.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Would you rule out anything these days? I wouldn't. I thought racism was bad enough in UK, but Brexit has made it way worse.
I guess the EU could change their laws to speed up the UK rejoining, but in that scenario they'd also have to be hurting pretty badly in a way that the UK rejoining would fix.

I don't see how that would line up, but perhaps. But I'd presume given the current laws or rules, that yeah, they won't want to encourage other countries to think they can get back in in quick order, to further discourage other members of the union leaving.

So I think it's very very very unlikely that a best case scenario puts the UK back into the EU in anything less than 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.