• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jason Schreier has dropped a few hints. Back in February someone made a thread asking if we think we'll ever get a Demon's Souls remaster, and Jason Schreier immediately jumped in the thread and said yes: https://www.resetera.com/threads/think-we'll-ever-get-a-demon-souls-remaster.101879/post-18285508
And just 3 weeks ago in a thread with a poll asking what people think Bluepoint's mystery game is Jason Schreier voted Demon's Souls as well https://www.resetera.com/threads/bl...or-the-playstation-5-and-is-a-big-one.145720/

Thank you!

Jan 4, 2018
I know Schreier seems to have hinted at Demon's Souls (and I think it's still the most likely), but during the first MinnMax group stream Ben Hanson mentioned he talked to someone who is "usually very in the know" and in regards to Bluepoint and DeS they said to him "I don't think Bluepoint is doing that" (as in someone else is working on DeS).

Although keep in mind Ben also said he thinks it's DeS and might just be reading too much into what that person told him. Still, something to consider while we wait for it to be inevitably revealed during the PS5 event.

Here's the timestamped portion of the stream:

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
So many possibilities. They definitely tease many,but I hope it's one of them really.

My personal pick would be either Demons Soul or MGS

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
So we all agree with his a troll post that means nothing, but just for fun, let's compile all the possible references (and yes a lot of those are reaching, obviously):

So calm this spooky night = ?
Symphony (+ the image) = Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
of rumors = acknowledging the swirling rumours that have been circulating
not one, but two = they're making two games/remasters?
return = remake/remaster
from the shadow = same as above, or something else (e.g. maybe from = From Software, Shadow = Castlevania Lords of Shadow, probably a mega-reach though)
A resistance = Resistance
to dart home = Legend of Dragoon (protagonist is called Dart)
as black monsters = reminds me of the Ico monsters
escape twisted = Ape Escape and/or Twisted Metal
hills = Silent Hill
wander lands = Shadow of the Colossus (protagonist is called Wander)
syphon = Syphon Filter
souls = Demon's Souls
Filter
= Syphon Filter
your candy collections = HD collection
soft from = From Software/Demon's Souls
solid = Metal Gear Solid
and be eco-friendly = Ico
Have a metal Halloween = Metal Gear Solid and/or Twisted Metal

Did I miss anything?

(Worth noting that they've already re-released Ico, Shadow of the Colossus [as a collection, and SotC as a full remake later], as well as Metal Gear Solid HD collection)

Andromeda

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, so that makes 4 references to demon's souls: "souls", "soft from", "from" and "one" (the main protagonist in Demon's souls)

I admit the last 2 are reaching.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
This basically covers every rumor so in the end you can't take away anything from this.

In general if we're being real Demon's Souls and MGS are basically the only things actually worth remaking from Sony, and it's not likely to be MGS with the Konami/Kojima situation. (although I expect Konami will probably do an MGS collection again in the future.)

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So we all agree with his a troll post that means nothing, but just for fun, let's compile all the possible references (and yes a lot of those are reaching, obviously):

Did I miss anything?
people already stated it in this thread but I believe the black monsters reference is also The Legend of Dragoon

The Black Monster plays a major role in the storyline of The Legend of Dragoon. It has been the personal goal of the main character Dart to destroy this demon to avenge the death of his parents. The Black Monster shows up every 108 years when the Moon That Never Sets glows red, signaling the appearance of the Moon Child who is said to fill the world with holy bliss.
(Worth noting that they've already re-released Ico, Shadow of the Colossus [as a collection, and SotC as a full remake later], as well as Metal Gear Solid HD collection)
forgot about this

so basically these tweet can also just possess a lot of things they already worked on

Jan 3, 2019

So calm this spooky night = ?
Symphony (+ the image) = Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
of rumors = acknowledging the swirling rumours that have been circulating
not one, but two = they're making two games/remasters?
return = remake/remaster
from the shadow = same as above, or something else (e.g. maybe from = From Software, Shadow = Castlevania Lords of Shadow, probably a mega-reach though)
A resistance = Resistance
escape twisted = Ape Escape and/or Twisted Metal
hills = Silent Hill
wander lands = Shadow of the Colossus (protagonist is called Wander)
syphon = Syphon Filter
souls = Demon's Souls
Filter
= Syphon Filter
your candy collections = HD collection
soft from = From Software/Demon's Souls
solid = Metal Gear Solid
and be eco-friendly = Ico
Have a metal Halloween = Metal Gear Solid and/or Twisted Metal

Did I miss anything?

Eco-friendly could also mean Jak & daxter

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Edit:

So we are getting two games from Bluepoint that are remakes or re-imagined games that we're on PlayStation before?

Would this mean a game and its sequel or successor?

Dealer A

Jan 13, 2018
Maybe it's not a troll and they are releasing all of these games as remakes/remasters. In a series. One every couple of months or so.

Nov 28, 2017
Yeah, that tweet reads like all those obviously hinted titles are coming (or have the green signal from their IP holders for them to remake/remaster), but the SOTN remake and the Demon's Souls remaster are coming as PS5 launch titles ("not one, but two - return from shadow").

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
You can read alot of games names scamblend in the message.

"Twisted Metal Black"
"Syphon Filter"
"Resistance"

and also other references to other games like MGS, Souls, castlevania. Weird.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
The fact much of the referred IP in that tweet are Sony owned gives the impression that an acquisition is in the talks or at least of interest from the two entities. At the very least a partnership

Oct 1, 2019
Maybe they are teasing multiple PS titles because they've just been acquired and they are very excited to remake all of those teased games?!

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be down for a PlayStation All Stars Remaster that fixes all of the last game's flaws.

Probably isn't that though.