Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Hmm, what if theyre making a 'Rare Replay' kind of compilation?

'Playstation Replay' featuring Metal Gear Solid, Demon's Souls, Resistance, Castlevania, etc

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously I have no idea why they mentioned 'symphony', but SotN has had so many recent releases what would be the point of another? And wouldn't a reimagining of it be kind of controversial given the fact the original is so revered. (And again, so fresh in the memory.) But still, I would love for there to be multiple games in the offing and that's a really interesting take on it. Maybe it'll be multi-collection? Like Collection 1 has A, B, C and D, while Collection 2 has E, F, G and H.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Remasters of Resistance series but give all the games Resistance 3's gameplay kthx

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
This is honestly amazing. Even as someone who really wants a Demon's Souls remake like

Guys let's be honest. They're not going to add world 6.

Like honestly, the game is a bit rough, but a port would probably be fine. A remaster, I mean, yeah, I'm there, but I can't imagine being blown away by it.

What would excite me is a full made world 6, and also if ladders didn't take 10 years to ascend or descend. And I really wouldn't mind them removing weight because it sucked, but I understand they probably want to preserve the pure experience so that's fine. But regardless of what they do, I want nothing more than for them to add world 6. That would excite me.

Since they probably aren't, any of the other games they teased would be great. Metal Gear Solid 4 not being stuck on the PS3 would be good. Legend of Dragoon is super old so a remake would probably completely reshape that. Twisted metal is so weird. Syphon Filter too. I'd play resistance, but you could probably port that just fine.

Interesting they seem to be implying 2 new projects though. Huh. They've spoken in singular up till now.

Dart is the name on Legend of Dragoon main hero so it probably refers to that.

Black Monsters is apparently another reference.

Oct 2, 2018
with the bats, I'd say its a castlevania game of some sort. Probably SOTN in 3D ala that kickstarter game. Blood stained.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
With that many references it's either trolling or they're working on a general purpose PS1 emulator for PS5 or something like that.

You...

oh

Oh you know what

You could be on to something there.

Wait, and they mention Resistance. Dude. I mean. This is bluepoint. They have some really great engineers there. And they keep being mentioned alongside Sony stuff. Could this literally be them developing an emulator for PS3 and older for the PS5? That would be insane. Uh, someone slap me am I talking excited gamer nonsense? How out-of-the-realm-of-possibility is this?

Nov 8, 2017
You...

oh

Oh you know what

Wait, and they mention Resistance. Dude. I mean. This is bluepoint. They have some really great engineers there. And they keep being mentioned alongside Sony stuff. Could this literally be them developing an emulator for PS3 and older for the PS5? That would be insane. Uh, someone slap me am I talking excited gamer nonsense? How out-of-the-realm-of-possibility is this?

I'm just rambling. I guess it's possible they're involved in back compat stuff (not just PS1 specifically) for PS5. But I think they did specifically go on record as saying they were working on a reimagining of a classic, so they're probably just trollin' overall.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Bravo Bluepoint! Masterful trolling right there.

Unless of course, rather than being a hint of an upcoming game or a collection of remastered Sony classics, it's a hint that they going to be purchased by Sony.........

Nah. I'm looking too much into it, which what they wanted me to do in the first place because it's a troll!

Or.......maybe they want it to look like they're trolling and it is a hint dressed as a troll post......

ARGHHHHHHHHHH

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
they keep being mentioned alongside Sony stuff. Could this literally be them developing an emulator for PS3 and older for the PS5? That would be insane. Uh, someon
I'm just rambling. I guess it's possible they're involved in back compat stuff (not just PS1 specifically) for PS5. But I think they did specifically go on record as saying they were working on a reimagining of a classic, so they're probably just trollin' overall.

Well, they did indicate two things at the beginning of that tweet there.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Right. The entire post even if a troll, heavily mentions two specific games which people are missing if you look into all the wordings. Demon's Souls and Legend of Dragoon are both mentioned the most. I think those are the two, and they're both Sony games so this makes sense since they'll be at the PS5 event. Demon's Souls is absolutely true, that's been rumored forever and is credible. Legend of Dragoon would be shocking and amazing.
Oh my fucking god.....I would legit scream in pure joy.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
I mean, it is quite obvious that they are hinting at Vamp from Metal Gear Solid 2 by using the bats, so it has to be Metal Gear Solid 2.

I have no idea. It seems like Castlevania but I dont see a reason for making Castlevania

Nov 8, 2017
Oh my fucking god.....I would legit scream in pure joy.

"Why not both?"

I could see them revealing Demons Souls at launch and then teasing Legend of Dragoon as in development to be released later (their next game).

I typically wait to jump in on a new console, but Legend of Dragoon remake release would be the the day I buy a PS5 no matter what.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
That tweet is some piss taking

You could get all of Syphon Filter, Resistance, Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid, Demons Souls, Twisted Metal Black from it lol and probably more. Not sure what the eco thing would be hinting at

Oct 25, 2017
You...

oh

Oh you know what

This would indeed be a dream scenario, which alone makes me doubt its plausibility. But also, would Sony contract an outside party for something like that? They haven't acquired BluePoint... yet.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Konami likely is working on Castlevania, what with keeping the current series producer an actual secret.

I thought they were working on an ambitious sort of remaster/remake, and that would likely rule out Castlevania completely, unless they're turning a 2D game into 3D, which in that case why?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone said Metal Gear Solid, but far fewer people saw them choose the other Konami property of Castlevania. That would be an AMAZING choice, and honestly I might be in favor of that over MGS even though I'm a bigger Metal Gear fan.

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
It has to be a sony franchise. Why use other 3rd party IP in there when most of their games have come from Sony franchises. I'm assuming they are working on Demon Souls just based on rumors and its rumored in their tweet as well..

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
*reads tweet over for the 20th time*
1024.jpg

Clearly, they're resurrecting... *checks notes*... Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.
71nUtIC1dhL._SY445_.gif

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It has to be a sony franchise. Why use other 3rd party IP in there when most of their games have come from Sony franchises. I'm assuming they are working on Demon Souls just based on rumors and its rumored in their tweet as well..

Konami is as likely too, seeing as Bluepoint came to fame with the excellent Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Makes the bats and the specific use of "symphony" very interested in the tweet too, considering this. If you presented that gif as completely new and unrelated to the text, the first imagery it presents is akin to Castlevania, not Demon's Souls.

In fact, to be specific, that gif is crazy reminiscent to the opening shot of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Red moon, bats, castle in the distance...

Last edited:

Maxflier

Nov 22, 2017
Louisiana
Wouldn't black monsters be an Ico reference or is that definitely Dragoon? Never played Dragoon so I know nothing about that game.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Also the Red Moon in the gif being the "Moon that never sets" glowing red for the Lunar Child. Another Legend of Dragoon hint.

jesus christ!!

Are you serious? I literally suggested for a long time this game needs a remake. Imagine a updated combat system?

God I need this.

So there is just one black monster in Dragoon, right? Because the tweet says monsters, plural.

Re-reading the tweet, it is definaltey Dragoon not ICO.

Last edited:

Maxflier

Nov 22, 2017
Louisiana
I'm sure you are right, because Ico wouldn't make any sense based on them saying the next project was more complex than SotC.
An Ico remake certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings though, I adore that game.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Guessing Demon's Souls Remake currently in development and Bluepoint has come to an agreement with Sony to remake Legend of Dragoon after Demon's Souls.

"not one, but two - return from shadow"

NerevaRising

Oct 5, 2018
Galaxy brain take, they aren't remaking any game in particular, they are working on implementing a backwards compatibility system for the ps5. Ps1, 2, 3 and 4 games all under the same console.