• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Team Are You?

• Team Real

Votes: 871 33.2%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 1,431 54.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 322 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Well if nothing else, Hasan's legacy is that he ghosted Geoff on multiple occasions so that's something I guess

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Non game apps require more certification from Sony especially if they come from random devs because if not you would have apps to steal your personal info or bitcoin mine everywhere
What personal info would be given for a free app downloaded from the playstation store that anything else on the playstation store wouldn't require? It's still entirely within their ecosystem.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
What personal info would be given for a free app downloaded from the playstation store that anything else on the playstation store wouldn't require? It's still entirely within their ecosystem.
Stuff like Spotify needs you to access their site and put CC information if you want Premium, while it's a big corporation Sony still needs to certify that to see if there isn't some backdoor, it's the same here for sure

Oct 7, 2020
Italy
Makes it more suspicious that all the interviews so far haven't mentioned this at all apart from saying it's not associated with Kojima or SH. No questions about his past 5~ abandoned projects.
Not only that: their website had stock photos of random people to rapresent employees, their YT channel is pretty much dead, their address leads to a random apartment (they said they have 50 devs working at their studio). Lots of weird stuff that leads me to believe this is either a scam or a subpar indie game that got too much attention.

cableboy

Jul 15, 2019
Not only that: their website had stock photos of random people to rapresent employees, their YT channel is pretty much dead, their address leads to a random apartment (they said they have 50 devs working at their studio). Lots of weird stuff that leads me to believe this is either a scam or a subpar indie game that got too much attention.
If it's a scam I don't get the Mark Delaney posts saying that we should stay tuned for what the actual reveal is and alluding towards the game being real. Due diligence when writing an article about this guy would bring up all that sketchy stuff and cast doubt IMO.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If it's a scam I don't get the Mark Delaney posts saying that we should stay tuned for what the actual reveal is and alluding towards the game being real. Due diligence when writing an article about this guy would bring up all that sketchy stuff and cast doubt IMO.

It's entirely possible he is working on a REAL GAME, just...not one that's worth all the stupid teasing and hinting and hype posts.

The dude could be a total liar but still actually developing a game and using the lies to draw attention to it.

SaintFrancis

Nov 7, 2017
100% team real

-no (easily verifiable) sign of a dev team
what's with handing The Haunting over to createQ?
-their website, google maps result and Facebook page have lots of inauthentic, strange aspects.
-everything (traceable) was founded in 2015 or after.
-Not a single pic of the createQ team at work or together.

Lastly (a big one), there are ZERO traces of any real businesses utilizing createQ products.

-Kojima hasn't simply squashed it
-Keighley hasn't said anything that truly puts the speculation to rest
-how often has he promoted small, obscure, "disorganized" developers like this?
he's to savvy to stumble into this stuff unwittingly.
-He has been Kojima's reveal game buddy

I believe we'll soon discover that Kojima's "reveal game" has been slightly adapted this time;
utilizing Hasan interviews with some game journalists who are not in on it and come away from their interviews more puzzled then enlightened, providing yet another layer of grist for the mystery.
Hasan is real. Real people can be hired to change the story of what their real biz is making.
No Blue Box games indicate any software of any quality which would justify having a "secret development deal" with Sony since 2015.
Sleeper cell-like businesses (planted in 2015), or possibly just buying or renting a dormant biz's digital storefront. Again, where are the companies that have used createQ's products?

Reading the recent posts here, it seems there is a growing view that Hasan is poorly playing a Kojima like media mystery game.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"—Charles Baudelaire

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
100% team real

-their website, google maps result and Facebook page have lots of inauthentic, strange aspects.

Lastly (a big one), there are ZERO traces of any real businesses utilizing createQ products.

I believe we'll soon discover that Kojima's "reveal game" has been slightly adapted this time;
utilizing Hasan interviews with some game journalists who are not in on it and come away from their interviews more puzzled then enlightened, providing yet another layer of grist for the mystery.
Hasan is real. Real people can be hired to change the story of what their real biz is making.
No Blue Box games indicate any software of any quality which would justify having a "secret development deal" with Sony since 2015.
Sleeper cell-like businesses (planted in 2015), or possibly just buying or renting a dormant biz's digital storefront. Again, where are the companies that have used createQ's products?

Reading the recent posts here, it seems there is a growing view that Hasan is poorly playing a Kojima like media mystery game.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"—Charles Baudelaire

Why is the simpler explanation "IT'S A SIX-YEAR RUSE" and not just...Hasan is a serial liar who has been desperately trying to gain a reputation as a developer over the course of his career?

Kojima isn't going to go on twitter and "squash" this because it has nothing to do with him. It's just some idiot who's in way over his head and the internet has assumed Kojima must be part of it.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Stuff like Spotify needs you to access their site and put CC information if you want Premium, while it's a big corporation Sony still needs to certify that to see if there isn't some backdoor, it's the same here for sure
Idk I just don't think Spotify, a global corporation with apps on like every platform that also requires payment is at all the same as what is likely a free app that will just run videos from a company who appears to be solely working with Sony at the moment

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
At this point if it ends up just being a huge grift I think I'll end up just as amused if it ends up being a legit ARG for SH/KojiPro.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Idk I just don't think Spotify, a global corporation with apps on like every platform that also requires payment is at all the same as what is likely a free app that will just run videos from a company who appears to be solely working with Sony at the moment

Sony would open some one man show without a face the door to have an app that can download media of those no names choosing.
That is a little bit weird.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
100% team real

Createq didn't exist for The Haunting til after it failed and Hasan is the registered founder for Blue Box games but also working at Createq.
the haunting isn't Blue Box Game Studio's first game. It's their 4th or 5th.
There's a simpler explanation

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What if... Hasan is not even in Netherlands? What if he's studio lead in Japan? Would explain the weird timings so far and the fact that no studio buildings have been found so far.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Point of Comparison; History of Hostility
100% team real

But have you looked into QAnon yet? 😂

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Maybe it is Sony themselves trying the PT strategy.
There are Guerilla Games in the Netherlands and of course Hermen Hulst has connections to the Netherlands.

Maybe that indie dev works at Guerilla Games, and was allowed his hobby dev studio that he now uses.
That would explain why there is no problem with the app.

Oct 25, 2017
People still can't wrap their heads around a simple horror games being made by one or maybe two people.

And that those people would lie to try and look like a legitimate studio. That they would rather say they got financial backing instead of just removing their unfunded game from Steam Greenlight. That they probably lucked out and got a blog post because their submission had enough buzzwords and looked decent enough; and then they try to make it seem like it's an actual PS5 exclusive by saying it over and over.

SaintFrancis

Nov 7, 2017
Why is the simpler explanation "IT'S A SIX-YEAR RUSE" and not just...Hasan is a serial liar who has been desperately trying to gain a reputation as a developer over the course of his career?

Kojima isn't going to go on twitter and "squash" this because it has nothing to do with him. It's just some idiot who's in way over his head and the internet has assumed Kojima must be part of it.

I understand your point, but it doesn't need to be a carefully plotted six year ruse.
Small, unsuccessful or failed business owners could have been approached much more recently than 2015 to participate as a "sock puppet" storefront for this.
I'm convinced Sony is in on it. The first ever Playstation "app" for a developer's game goes to a guy with no credible record?
Sony hasn't squashed this at all.

And again, what about creatQ? I'm convinced they don't exist. If that's the case who built the website? Check it out for yourself, big ARG vibes.

putting the "Q" in their name is cute lol

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
But have you looked into QAnon yet? 😂

Dude I was thinking the same thing just following this whole thread lmao. Got a bit disturbing how strong people are clutching at straws and pouncing at even the slightest shade of a "hint". Unwavering desire to will this thing into reality. But hey it's fun I guess?

eldenjon

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2018
Moved to 25th.Trailer app I mean. Supposedly.
22nd I thought?

Can't believe PlanetSmasher is back.

Also if this was only some lame marketing stunt by a no name indie developer Sony, Konami, Kojima etc. etc. would be doing damage control by now. That's probably the most compelling evidence at this point

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
At this point if it ends up just being a huge grift I think I'll end up just as amused if it ends up being a legit ARG for SH/KojiPro.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel. I'm #TeamFake but this has all been so damn entertaining regardless.

I will say though, if it's not Silent Hill or some other existing IP, I'll feel really bad for the guy behind this honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.