• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Team Are You?

• Team Real

Votes: 871 33.2%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 1,431 54.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 322 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mercuralia

Sep 30, 2020
Portugal
i32bFMZ.png

Oct 25, 2017
Was it hyped to the same level that this is currently being? To the point that big names like Geoff Keighley, Jason Schreier and Kinda Funny get in on it?
Did that game get a dedicated blog post, never mind an app/demo? I can't find it.

The post was about Sony keeping a watch on indies pushing the system so they don't harm the brand image. Quantum Error is an example of that.

Just become a game is doing marketing doesn't mean Sony will be involved. If this is a grift, that's precisely what's happening.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Hell, if this ends up not being a thing, I hope all parties involved in the meme realize the actual potential of this project lol (i.e. Sony, Kojima, Konami, etc.)

People are so goddamn thirsty.

Oct 25, 2017
I wound't say "plenty".

I decided to check, plenty was maybe not the right word, but it's not uncommon like once or twice a month. They clearly like to post blogs that focus on the Dual Sense lately, which Abandoned did. There were many posts that were "How game X uses the Dualsense on PS5"

blog.playstation.com

How the DualSense controller brings KeyWe’s chaotic mailroom to life

Adorable delivery birds flock to PS5 and PS4 on August 31.

blog.playstation.com

How Foreclosed utilizes PS5’s unique DualSense controller features

Creating an immersive cybernetic storytelling and gameplay experience.

blog.playstation.com

Abandoned, a cinematic survival sim, hits PS5 later this year

Plan every move, weigh up every decision as you try and escape the sprawling wilderness.

I didn't include some because they were developers that had a few other games to their name. But not everything is AAA / AA house hold names on there.

Was it hyped to the same level that this is currently being? To the point that big names like Geoff Keighley, Jason Schreier and Kinda Funny get in on it?

Those people are hyped because this thread / twitter. This thread get people like Jason or Geoff interested and then when they post about it comes back here as further confirmation of something lol

mercuralia

Sep 30, 2020
Portugal
The post was about Sony keeping a watch on indies pushing the system so they don't harm the brand image. Quantum Error is an example of that.

Just become a game is doing marketing doesn't mean Sony will be involved. If this is a grift, that's precisely what's happening.
I know. The most likely scenario is that this guy is lying about the Sony partnership since 2015 (I don't even know if they started their first asset flip by then). But then why would Sony not only let him talk, but give him a platform to do so? I don't think any word on the blog gets posted without being approved, even if the article is written by the devs themselves.

mercuralia

Sep 30, 2020
Portugal
I decided to check, plenty was maybe not the right word, but it's not uncommon like once or twice a month. They clearly like to post blogs that focus on the Dual Sense lately, which Abandoned did. There were many posts that were "How game X uses the Dualsense on PS5"

blog.playstation.com

How the DualSense controller brings KeyWe’s chaotic mailroom to life

Adorable delivery birds flock to PS5 and PS4 on August 31.

blog.playstation.com

How Foreclosed utilizes PS5’s unique DualSense controller features

Creating an immersive cybernetic storytelling and gameplay experience.

blog.playstation.com

Abandoned, a cinematic survival sim, hits PS5 later this year

Plan every move, weigh up every decision as you try and escape the sprawling wilderness.

I didn't include some because they were developers that had a few other games to their name. But not everything is AAA / AA house hold names on there.

Those people are hyped because this thread / twitter. This thread get people like Jason or Geoff interested and then when they post about it comes back here as further confirmation of something lol
Only one of those is exclusive. And it is Abandoned.

Edit: sorry, I thought you were replying to another post.

Oct 25, 2017
I know. The most likely scenario is that this guy is lying about the Sony partnership since 2015 (I don't even know if they started their first asset flip by then). But then why would Sony not only let him talk, but give him a platform to do so? I don't think any word on the blog gets posted without being approved, even if the article is written by the devs themselves.

That stuff isn't in the blog post though.

Plus, his PS blog post has a spelling error or two.

Oct 27, 2017
Again, if you think HK ("Hasan") is just an indie developer who's in over their head, you have to question why Geoff Keighley, a person who has plenty of better things to do and plenty of high profile people to talk to, is spending his time on a random, totally unremarkable developer. We have thousands and thousands of one- or two- or three-person studios across the world, and Geoff Keighley is not interfacing with each of them like this.
Because the indie dev in question has a thread about him with 350k views on resetera alone. Then you have reddit, it's own subreddit, other forums, youtube and other gaming websites. In other words somehow Hasan has managed to emerge as one of the most popular gaming topics and we are in E3 season. It makes sense to follow the thread further if you're Geoff imo.

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
Has there been any speculation on what B.L.U.E. stands for? Guess we'll find out in an hour.

Yes loads. Many think it's just as simple as Best Level User Experience which is what was on their old site.

Others think each letter represents its number in the alphabet which points to a code.

The BlueBoxConspiracy subreddit has loads more guesses.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
"Best Level User Experience" was plastered all over their website for a long time, apparently. So probably that.
Yes loads. Many think it's just as simple as Best Level User Experience which is what was on their old site.

Others think each letter represents its number in the alphabet which points to a code.

The BlueBoxConspiracy subreddit has loads more guesses.
Haha oh god, if it's that, I'm 180ing real quick over to #TeamFake lmao.

Staying strong.

Apr 20, 2021
I don't see people talking about the other game by BB games "The Haunting : Blood water curse"
The title look very similar to MGSV ( I mean art wise)
The description of the game is :
Sarah Fineman is a journalist who is in search of her brother Josh ... In the woods...she will meet ghosts and a cult.
Guess what the other game talks about "Jason" who found himself in the wood.

So an indie studio in very capable of pulling two PS5 games ?
I think this is connected to the rumour of Silent hill being episodic maybe...

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Then they did that and they're absolutely in on this, whatever this ends up being. Too many coincidences, that Crysis trophy could've been anything else but it's that one!
The one that blows my mind is the number of trophies leading to an obscure Silent Hill Commercial, that shit is bonkers and I doubt it's a coincidence, even if for marketing it's 100% on purpose

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020

Like I said I don't even remember Quantum Error and that game was nothing compared to this. Especially when you consider this is playing on the name of a close Sony partner and large 3rd party publisher.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
In about an hour BBGames should start tweeting.
They promised their "blue" answer.

They seem to enjoy those Leiden city nights.

ForboJack

Oct 30, 2017
Nipawomsett
I just love how bonkers the internet goes about this thing. I really hope this is SH, but I don't want to get disappointed, so I just mostly lurk here and watch it all unfold :D

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope its Silent Hill or a Kojima Horror game, if its neither I'll be a bit annoyed at BlueBox but also it goes to show how fucking exciting Kojima and Hideo-adjacent stuff is for this industry.

The rest of the E3 news cycle was snore inducing despite me being excited for a few of the games.

Oct 27, 2017
Every time there's speculation about a new horror game I'm always reminded of that "Sadness" Wii game practically at launch and then never came to be anything, altough they kept posting vague key art that totally reeked of vaporware, but a lot of people had high hopes on this title for some reason.

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said I don't even remember Quantum Error and that game was nothing compared to this. Especially when you consider this is playing on the name of a close Sony partner and large 3rd party publisher.

Right. That you don't remember an indie PS5 exclusive touting 4k/60 goes against the point that Sony cares about any and every game for the sake of their brand.

Smooth1e

Jun 5, 2021
Blue Box is gonna get so much shit if this is elaborate trolling, but after all they do say all publicity is good publicity…

ArnoldPlayers

Feb 5, 2020
I don't see people talking about the other game by BB games "The Haunting : Blood water curse"
The title look very similar to MGSV ( I mean art wise)
The description of the game is :
Sarah Fineman is a journalist who is in search of her brother Josh ... In the woods...she will meet ghosts and a cult.
Guess what the other game talks about "Jason" who found himself in the wood.

So an indie studio in very capable of pulling two PS5 games ?
I think this is connected to the rumour of Silent hill being episodic maybe...
episode was not in the hands of bloober team?

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
While I don't expect anything coming from this, and is probably someone having fun on the internet. It has been a fun sometimes funny journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.