• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Team Are You?

• Team Real

Votes: 871 33.2%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 1,431 54.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 322 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keibe

Nov 21, 2020
THE HILLS OF OUR DREAMS SEEM AS REAL AS THE REALITIES THAT ARE NOTHING BUT DREAMS. CAN YOU FEEL IT YOU CAN SEE IT CAN YOU UNDERSTAND IT IT IS NOT THAT THE MISTS HAVE RETURNED BUT THAT THEY NEVER LEFT.

Where'd you find this?

Busy right now. Later I will upload the screens if I find them. Unable to find these tweets now. Erased maybe.

Oct 27, 2017
Geoff really left us hanging after all that.

he knows we are all setting ourselves up for a colossal disappointment

If nothing else, this is a great example of how human beings like to find patterns where none exist, especially if this turns out to be a big nothing. There are some really odd threads here though for sure, though I can't help but feel that nobody's actually on the right track with all of these random ass guesses.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Idk if this has any relevance, but this is Hasans Steam account:: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986749070

maybe there are more hints?
This is his only screenshot.

9810511D46ED912E873E96BF7ACB77227A103561

Can anyone make out the road?

Edit: Oh nevermind, it's from The Haunting. But it could be a clue -- who knows.

manuvlad

Mar 26, 2019

If nothing else, this is a great example of how human beings like to find patterns where none exist, especially if this turns out to be a big nothing. There are some really odd threads here though for sure, though I can't help but feel that nobody's actually on the right track with all of these random ass guesses.

Enjoy the ride :)

Alcander

Oct 29, 2017
This is what I think is actually happening, but this is a fascinating experience regardless:
- This studio is probably 1 or 2 real people, attempting to appear larger (hence the fake linkedin profiles, etc).
- They very much know what they are doing, and are trying to drum up interest in their (maybe/probably vaporware) game
- Sony really does let any indie dev promote their game via twitter/blog posts (as evidenced by others)
- The preview app is just a ps app that allows to you view previews of upcoming games; they would have all released previews (and upcoming previews) there naturally, without much quality control
- They really did contact Geoff about having him promote the game, he really did screenshot it at the time (as he probably does with DMs asking for similar things which he'd send to someone to run due diligence, etc, before replying)
- Geoff's smirk / attitude in the twitter video is simply him acknowledging the absurdity of the situation, though not wanting to comment directly and enflame the situation (or deliberately de-hype the devs)
- Most of the other "coincidences" are either confirmation bias or deliberately planted by the studio

Honestly Geoff's video response is the one thing that gives me slight pause as he seems "in on it" to some extent. Would love to be proven wrong about all this!

TrashHeap64

Dec 7, 2017
Austin, TX
Idk if anybody pointed this out yet but in Geoff's Twitter dm screenshot it only shows the time under the tweet. That only happens when you screenshot on the same day. After 24 hours it shows the day of the week and after a week it shows the actual date. So unless he screenshot that 10 minutes after they initially sent it and just happened to have that on hand, I'm calling bs

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it turns out they're making what they thought Silent Hills (PT) was going to be, with no zero backing from Konami or Kojima.

Alcander

Oct 29, 2017
Idk if anybody pointed this out yet but in Geoff's Twitter dm screenshot it only shows the time under the tweet. That only happens when you screenshot on the same day. After 24 hours it shows the day of the week and after a week it shows the actual date. So unless he screenshot that 10 minutes after they initially sent it and just happened to have that on hand, I'm calling bs
Jason replied with exactly this

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
This is what I think is actually happening, but this is a fascinating experience regardless:
- This studio is probably 1 or 2 real people, attempting to appear larger (hence the fake linkedin profiles, etc).
- They very much know what they are doing, and are trying to drum up interest in their (maybe/probably vaporware) game
- Sony really does let any indie dev promote their game via twitter/blog posts (as evidenced by others)
- The preview app is just a ps app that allows to you view previews of upcoming games; they would have all released previews (and upcoming previews) there naturally, without much quality control
- They really did contact Geoff about having him promote the game, he really did screenshot it at the time (as he probably does with DMs asking for similar things which he'd send to someone to run due diligence, etc, before replying)
- Geoff's smirk / attitude in the twitter video is simply him acknowledging the absurdity of the situation, though not wanting to comment directly and enflame the situation (or deliberately de-hype the devs)
- Most of the other "coincidences" are either confirmation bias or deliberately planted by the studio

Honestly Geoff's video response is the one thing that gives me slight pause as he seems "in on it" to some extent. Would love to be proven wrong about all this!

This is what I was believing but... there's hints to this from four years ago. It's pretty nuts. Props to them if they've been plotting on this for that long.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Yeah Jason Schreier already pointed that out

Jan 4, 2018
So something I've been wondering about is the assets in the teaser trailer. No offense to the developer, but their history doesn't put a lot of confidence in them being able to pull off visuals like that both artistically and technically. But then again, maybe that's not given them enough credit. Regardless, this has led a lot of people to suggest it's basically an asset flip (they just bought a bunch of stuff on the unreal marketplace or wherever and threw them together).

Which is certainly possible. But does anyone recognize any of these assets? The trees, rocks, and textures might be harder to identify (and to be fair could even be from something like Quixel which plenty of larger devs use nowadays), but that sign, the gun, campfire, and brick wall are more distinct and I figure it might be possible to find them if they aren't unique assets made for this project. We also see a brief shot of the character's shadow move, suggesting there is a full-body rig that is actually animating.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
So something I've been wondering about is the assets in the teaser trailer. No offense to the developer, but their history doesn't put a lot of confidence in them being able to pull off visuals like that both artistically and technically. This has led a lot of people to suggest it's basically an asset flip (they just bought a bunch of stuff on the unreal marketplace or wherever and threw them together).

Which is certainly possible. But does anyone recognize any of these assets? The trees, rocks, and textures (and to be fair could even be from something like Quixel which plenty of larger devs use nowadays) might be harder to identify, but that sign, the gun, campfire, and brick wall are more distinct and I figure it might be possible to find them if they aren't unique assets made for this project. We also see a brief shot of the character's shadow, suggesting there is a full-body rig that is actually animating.
I wish I could find it but someone posted in the last Kojima x Abandoned delusion thread the exact marketplace asset for the forest either on Epic or Artstation

mercuralia

Sep 30, 2020
Portugal

Possibly. But this is the most fun I've had in a thread yet.

The real Kojima Production will be the unsubstantiated theories we'll have made along the way.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory Point of Comparison

And people seriously wonder how people fall for shit like Q and 9/11 Conspiracies.

MasterOfNone

Oct 27, 2017
So something I've been wondering about is the assets in the teaser trailer. No offense to the developer, but their history doesn't put a lot of confidence in them being able to pull off visuals like that both artistically and technically. But then again, maybe that's not given them enough credit. Regardless, this has led a lot of people to suggest it's basically an asset flip (they just bought a bunch of stuff on the unreal marketplace or wherever and threw them together).

Which is certainly possible. But does anyone recognize any of these assets? The trees, rocks, and textures might be harder to identify (and to be fair could even be from something like Quixel which plenty of larger devs use nowadays), but that sign, the gun, campfire, and brick wall are more distinct and I figure it might be possible to find them if they aren't unique assets made for this project. We also see a brief shot of the character's shadow move, suggesting there is a full-body rig that is actually animating.

Someone mentionned earlier that is was from this pack https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/procedural-forest-complete-project

Oct 25, 2017

It makes sense he would have taken the screen grab when it happened though since everyone was freaking out when the video was first posted too.

Jan 4, 2018
I wish I could find it but someone posted in the last Kojima x Abandoned delusion thread the exact marketplace asset for the forest either on Epic or Artstation
Yeah, that definitely seems to be the same forest. Looks like the level used in the teaser might even just straight up be the demo level the asset makers usually provide.

wagesoffear98

Dec 8, 2019
This seems to be from another early access game from last December--The Haunting: Blood Water Curse. Here's the store page.
Blue Box seem to have quit developing The Haunting and handed it off to new devs around the time of the Abandoned teaser's release. Not saying anything one way or the other here, but it's weird timing for sure.

UPDATE: the rabbit hole goes slightly deeper seeing as the new devs have zero credits to their name and also SneakyWarriorr/Hasan Kahraman is still commenting on the game's updates as if he's the lead dev.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018

Check out the unedited 4 year old comment in the video. This is the channel of the person who commented RDY on Hasan's channel. This person is also uploading MW clips which is Hasan's most played game on PSN.

lol...

euphoria posted abandoned 4 years ago, and even has a steam profile....

EDIT:
Well, it is getting late.
The code is in the video, lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Check out the unedited 4 year old comment in the video. This is the channel of the person who commented RDY on Hasan's channel. This person is also uploading MW clips which is Hasan's most played game on PSN.

To be fair, figuring out that ZYZMWLMVW means ABANDONED is not really all too difficult so I don't think this means anything

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
To be fair, figuring out that ZYZMWLMVW means ABANDONED is not really all too difficult so I don't think this means anything

I think it's more about the fact that they were doing some weird shit with ABANDONED 4 years ago

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Yeah, that definitely seems to be the same forest. Looks like the level used in the teaser might even just straight up be the demo level the asset makers usually provide.
I'm convinced this dude's a snake oil salesman and somehow basically plagiarized off the asset packs and said here's my game Sony, give me some clout.

Then when it blew up, he's like oh fuck forget that teaser the REAL game hasn't even been shown yet, because he got caught basically lol

Status
Not open for further replies.