• Undecided

Votes: 322 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I'm now starting to think that this really might simply be someone that is trying to get his stuff connected to Kojima and Silent Hill any way he can and has been trying for yeeeears - in the updates to it they're talking about having a playable trailer which is basically what PT did a year before that kickstarter etc.

I'm losing faith

There is absolutely no way that Kojima or anyone would've been teasing this in 2015 basically straight after getting dumped by Konami
It's not even playable.

The person obviously saw what people were connecting to him, and is leveraging that. Purposefully using words to make it sound related to PT, after the fact (he knew he was being conspiracy theoried.)

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
So I got curious regarding Blue Box and the obvious Star Trek connections to that phrase. It made me think of this old, old piece from Destructoid about Kojima's love of that particular universe.

Hideo Kojima talks Star Trek and Smash Bros. at MGS event – Destructoid

This part caught my attention.

So I put the registration date for Blue Box and announcement Abandoned into a Star Trek date calculator. Just for fun, you know?

Welp.

The first one: -307539.97609081696
The second one: -302705.16741297295

I struggled to figure out what to do with this number until I remembered that P.T. carries its own unique numerical date too.

HOLY CRAP.

I went back to the Abandoned trailer and looked for this exact signature in the detailed frame breakdown because I know I've seen it before.

The trailer opens with the phrase "let me tell you a story. A true story."

abandoned-screenshots-of-the-ps5-exclusive_fnxw.1200-1024x576.jpg

I start counting every time the narrator pauses between speaking.

Abandoned_PS5_Exclusive_Screenshot_1-1024x576.jpg

And then you see that *exact* number in the shadow here in this pic.

And here too:

Abandoned_PS5_Exclusive_Screenshot_5-1024x576.jpg

Zoom in carefully, raise the contrast, and you see... well.

It's unreal. Man.

Okay, I've been poking fun and shitposting but holy shit I think you've actually cracked this thing.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
So I got curious regarding Blue Box and the obvious Star Trek connections to that phrase. It made me think of this old, old piece from Destructoid about Kojima's love of that particular universe.

So I put the registration date for Blue Box and announcement Abandoned into a Star Trek date calculator. Just for fun, you know?

Welp.

I struggled to figure out what to do with this number until I remembered that P.T. carries its own unique numerical date too.

HOLY CRAP.

I went back to the Abandoned trailer and looked for this exact signature in the detailed frame breakdown because I know I've seen it before.

And here too:

It's unreal. Man.

I can't tell if I'm being trolled or not lol. What are we supposed to be seeing in the last pic?

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
I really, really do want to believe on this one. Blue Box's dev history seems to be incredibly suspicious and loaded with failed Kickstarters and abandonware, so for them to suddenly make the jump to PS5 exclusivity, Sony partnership, and Geoff Keighley hype is... odd, to say the least.
The cancelled Kickstarter that got picked up by someone privately, that got put up around the same time as the Konami/Kojima fallout.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
It's not even playable.

The person obviously saw what people were connecting to him, and is leveraging that. Purposefully using words to make it sound related to PT, after the fact (he knew he was being conspiracy theoried.)

So this guy was setting up coincidences years in advance?

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
joshcam19 You should add a poll to this thread, see how many people are #TeamReal and how many are #TeamFake

Welp.

HOLY CRAP.

And here too:

It's unreal. Man.

Holy fucking shit, that got me, that's incredible that you managed to find that honestly. I'm fucking sold.

I couldn't even see it until I clicked on the link

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Ok after catching up on this thread, i am 100% in team real. There is too many "coincidences" for it to be fake

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is just this person's guess... but this seems to make a lot of sense, no?

This does seem plausible, if it wasn't for the fact that the whole Kickstarter business happened right around the time Konami dumped Kojima. I somehow doubt that, as first order of business after getting dumped by Konami, Kojima went and bought off someones random Kickstarter..

but who knows..

wagesoffear98

Dec 8, 2019
Your second explanation is much more realistic
Honestly I just want to believe for even a second in a SH game that isn't a damn pachinko machine; this could all entirely be a scam and there's enough evidence to support the opinion that it is, but I've learned never to underestimate how convoluted Kojima is willing to get with his shenanigans.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
So this guy was setting up coincidences years in advance?
They are all huge stretches; if you look at something and then search for things related to the 30 year history of a developer + a couple of specific games, you'll find stuff.

Especially since we are talking about a dev who is making horror games.. so he's going to be inspired by past big horror games either way.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still trying to understand why their team would move development for their failed Steam game to CreateLQ or whatever it is, and then suddenly they're ready to make a PS5 game as Blue Box Studios still. Hell, their oldest tweet that's up is about that move. Surely they had tweeted on that account prior to announcing Abandoned

Aimi

self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 16, 2021
joshcam19 You should add a poll to this thread, see how many people are #TeamReal and how many are #TeamFake

Holy fucking shit, that got me, that's incredible that you managed to find that honestly. I'm fucking sold.

I couldn't even see it until I clicked on the link

I still can't see it - can anyone circle it out in the screenshot pretty please?

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if Kojima was to coax Sony into going halfsies with him on some random indie game studio, it would have to be pre-Death Stranding.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If this does have absolutely nothing to do with Kojima/PlayStation how plausible is it that this studio could literally have a PS5 game (that doesn't look half bad) releasing this year? Seems super unlikely to me.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
This does seem plausible, if it wasn't for the fact that the whole Kickstarter business happened right around the time Konami dumped Kojima. I somehow doubt that, as first order of business after getting dumped by Konami, Kojima went and bought off someones random Kickstarter..

but who knows..

Wasn't Kojima officially employed with Konami through Dec '15? Seems extraordinarily risky from a litigation standpoint for him to have been investing in any type of game development independently at that point.

#TeamFake

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this does have absolutely nothing to do with Kojima/PlayStation how plausible is it that this studio could literally have a PS5 game (that doesn't look half bad) releasing this year? Seems super unlikely to me.

considering their first trailer was basically a slightly re-arranged version of a map in a 30$ unreal marketplace forest asset pack... unlikely.

it's either all part of an elaborate kojima ruse (i want to believe!).. or someone's little asset flip scam. and if it's the latter, I wonder if they're sweating now that all eyes are on them haha

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Well they don't... as the dev said not this year.

And what we saw, was just one of the assets given away as part of Unreal Engine.

So what "looks good" is just an asset flip trailer.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
all right im just gonna call it in this legendary thread. i am firmly on #teamreal. im not gonna go for the option select. if it turns out to be fake my disappointment will be immeasurable and my day ruined.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Pains me to say it but I'm Team Fake.

I loveee stuff like this, but the fact that BBG came out in Twitter, multiple times to deny it, kind of shoots a few holes in the theory. Like, just not say anything at all, right? Why even come out and deny it?

Some insane coincidences, for sure, but I think that's all it is.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
That subreddit connecting all these dots is nuts. Now I see how rubes fell for stop the steal.. however… I'm still fucked up by all these bread crumbs lmao.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well they don't... as the dev said not this year.

And what we saw, was just one of the assets given away as part of Unreal Engine.

So what "looks good" is just an asset flip trailer.
www.unrealengine.com

Procedural Forest in Environments - UE Marketplace

A completely procedurally placed forest with assets, textures, lighting and procedural setup.

So basically we're looking at a scenario where the game (as we know it) is entirely fake or it's a Kojima ruse?

Oct 25, 2017
Is CreateQ Interactive even a real company? There's zero info about them online, they have zero social media presence, but apparently they took over development on Blue Box's last game. I get that this is presumably a small company, but there is nothing online.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm team fake. but i'm also team playstation needs better quality control. why is this shovelware allowed to have a special ps5 app no other game has, why did it get a ps blog post and youtube video promoting it, despite according to the devs, the final product not having anything to do with the promotional material?

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Is CreateQ Interactive even a real company? There's zero info about them online, they have zero social media presence, but apparently they took over development on Blue Box's last game. I get that this is presumably a small company, but there is nothing online.
There's a company in Leiden where Blue Box Studios / Hasan is based, with the name CreateQ, who does electronic signs (software backed.)

They do not have "Interactive" in their name however. At the very least, that's a violation of Steam's rules.

But.. the game isn't collecting money anymore, so not like it would really matter if Hasan just wanted to abandon his project and hide it behind a fake company registration on Steam.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that some indie dev with an asset flip trailer was able to get Sony funding, for a PS5 exclusive, is insane.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'm team fake. but i'm also team playstation needs better quality control. why is this shovelware allowed to have a special ps5 app no other game has, why did it get a ps blog post and youtube video promoting it, despite according to the devs, the final product not having anything to do with the promotional material?
It's just an app.

Alcander

Oct 29, 2017

I think it's pretty clear that they don't exist, and the explanation was simply a ruse to relinquish ownership of the game development. I think that this is all one guy trying to pass himself off as something more.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Geoff being so giddy is a tell that something weird is afoot but doesn't prove that we're on the right track.

I do think the number of coincidences is intentional, but to what end? We'll see soon enough I suppose!

LeProvo

Apr 24, 2020
Turkey
If you download Go Fit XL, theres an email address in the privacy policy. wyrustaaruz.. here is the GitHub profile https://github.com/wyrustaaruz

Seems like Hasan might be a real person.
lol what, they are not even the same person. This guy has a second name and a different surname which is Uzuner. Im just mindfucked at this point. :D Why it shows developers name Hasan Kahraman on app page but when you click on his name and went to developers web site, buuum, he becomes Hasan Rıza Uzuner. :D Like "Kahraman" used on some purpose here, really fishy.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

but who knows..

important to remember that Kojima was literally prohibited from working in gaming after being fired. That non-compete with Konami was serious shit. I can't see him potentially risking getting sued by his previous employer right after his firing, just to set up a viral marketing thing for six years later.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
One of your indie devs in your partner programs sends you a trailer that looks neat, and he writes up a blog post.

That's really it.. the PS Blog has dozens of blog posts like that, which go unnoticed, as does the Playstation channel for videos submitted.

The app? I mean the guy is a dev registered with Sony at the very least; so he submits an app.. probably bills it as a "Game Demo".. Sony's certification program is more about making sure apps aren't full of nudity or are going to crash your console than making sure it's quality software. I bet the bar is particularly low for game demos.

Will be funny if this guy is charging for it though lol

Alcander

Oct 29, 2017
lol what, they are not even the same person. This guy has a second name and a different surname which is Uzuner. Im just mindfucked at this point. :D Why it shows developers name Hasan Kahraman on app page but when you click on his name and went to developers web site, buuum, he becomes Hasan Rıza Uzuner. :D Like "Kahraman" used on some purpose here, really fishy.
Quite possibly because he reverse translated Hideo and wanted to create the connection. Again, a grift

Status
Not open for further replies.