• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
of course you can. but will GF let it? then again, we did get that Dynamax Mewtwo event, so it's not like they can't make difficult battles. Legends is the perfect game for that
I didn't mean in terms of difficulty, but how you lose a big part of the combat system when you don't have to switch based on type or other stuff

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
GF can make balanced games when it comes to difficulty. FireRed can be quite challenging if you pick Charmander. It's just that they don't want to lol.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Pokemon has never been hard, we remember it to be ¨harder¨ because ( if we were kids when it first came out) our reading comprehension wasn´t as developed, they didn´t tell you at times where to get the HM, and internet wasn´t big at the time to find the typing of certain Pokemon. The QoL and remover of Hm has made the game a lot easier though. That being said, removing the HM was a good for the series imo.

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
I'm really not convinced that we're getting BoTW2 this year. I can see it launching march if Pokémon Legends is posponed to the next fiscal year, but if not I think it will be late 2022.

I'm pretty sure they'll release a middle tier game like DK, Metroid, Kirby or Yoshi this year, and another heavy hitter together with BDSM for the holidays (not Zelda though)

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (2 Months): Platform Warring; Long History of Platform Warring
Hopefully this translates to them releasing games that's actually worthy getting a console for.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
my guess is they wanted to show BOTW2 closer to the switch revision so they can show it off in the absolute best state. probably is coming in 2021.

Deleted member 63122

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Sorry, I thought for a moment that i could ask for better offerings from a company trying to sell more than they are right now, but I guess this would be out of place of me, right?
Yeah, you can. All of us are, but going against reality and saying they aren´t worthy for people. That´s just absurd. When the data shows other wise. Which goes with what me and other people said. maybe not for you but a good chunk of people they are releasing awesome stuff.

JoshuaJSlone

Dec 27, 2017
Indiana
A series of marquee game releases is expected to drive software sales next fiscal year to 250 million units,
I would think merely the fact that most of the next year will be with a userbase of 80-100m rather than 50-70 would make a big difference, regardless of how marquee those titles are.
the fact that we're 4+ years into the switch now and it's not slowing down or may not have even hit its peak yet is.... unprecedented right? Like not just for Nintendo.
Among all hardware original Game Boy is probably the one with the latest peak, since each of its last 3 or 4 years before GBA was a new high (even before GBC). It is peaking later than PS2, Wii, or PS4, but it hasn't quite reached the point where DS peaked.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, you can. All of us are, but going against reality and saying they aren´t worthy for people. That´s just absurd. When the data shows other wise. Which goes with what me and other people said. maybe not for you but a good chunk of people they are releasing awesome stuff.
This is like saying microtransaction is all that consumers ever wanted because it's the most lucrative endeavor gaming companies ever had. Just because it sells well or it is successful doesn't means it's good.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Man Nintendo is FEASTING right now. Still blows my mind seeing titles like MK8, Odyssey, and BotW continue to chart.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
This is like saying microtransaction is all that consumers ever wanted because it's the most lucrative endeavor gaming companies ever had. Just because it sells well or it is successful doesn't means it's good.

The proclamation was never that Nintendo would release good titles though. All that was said was they would release software to accelerate total software and hardware sales. One repackaged Mario game will sell more than Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem 3 Houses and Astral Chain combined. It is a sales thread, the analysis is going to be different.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
They don't have that many first party hits left though.

Pokemon
Splatoon
Tomodachi

What else?

Metroid and Pikmin are not big sellers.

I think they will release a bunch of casual titles and hope they become a hit like Ring Fit.

Deleted member 63122

Banned
Jan 16, 2020

Pokemon
Splatoon
Tomodachi

What else?

I think they will release a bunch of casual titles and hope they become a hit like Ring Fit.
I think they are hoping that the AC crowd buys a lot of games, unlike the Wii Sports crowd. Furukawa has stated that people that bought the Switch for Animal Crossing are buying more games.

If that stays the same, that crowd will be buying a ton of games this year.

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

Pokemon
Splatoon
Tomodachi

What else?

The "they don't have many 1st party left" narrative is nothing new, we heard it since 2018.

To answer your question, for the FY:
- BOTW2
- Pokémon x2
- Mario Kart
- Donkey Kong ?

With Splatoon, 3D Mario, Tomodatchi, Pokémon Gen 9 and a 2D Mario being after April 2022.

Deleted member 63122

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
The "they don't have many 1st party left" narrative is nothing new, we heard it since 2018.

To answer your question, for the FY:
- BOTW2
- Pokémon x2
- Mario Kart
- Donkey Kong ?

With Splatoon, 3D Mario, Tomodatchi, Pokémon Gen 9 and a 2D Mario being after April 2022.
There are more collaborations on the way as well. Nintendo has already stated that there are content that they themselves can´t create and they will rely on third parties for that content, whether they are funded by them or just brought by the companies.

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
There are more collaborations on the way as well. Nintendo has already stated that there are content that they themselves can´t create and they will rely on third parties for that content, whether they are funded by them or just brought by the companies.
Yep, Monster Hunter ans the upcoming Resident Evil Outrage are signs of that.

Nintendo should get plenty of content from its Japanese partners.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Did they say Splatoon 3 was Q1 22 ? I see it more as a spring/summer release so something for the next FY.
Only year was mentioned yes. People speculate, that a late March/first week of April release (end of the Japanese school year, when kids have time) is possible. Similar to the summer window of Splatoon 2.