• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is an impulse buy that was so, so worth it. About an hour in and absolutely loving it.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I played for about 2 hours last night (PS4 copy arrived yesterday afternoon! Woot!), and I love it. It's exactly what I hoped for from a modern Igavania. Very glad I backed it.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
crazy that the day one patch is still not there. wasnt that the reason they didnt send out review copies earlier? now people start reviewing and the patch is still not in sight.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Given that every other platform got their codes on time, and PS EU got their codes already, I feel like you kind of have to chalk this up to Sony US and not 505?

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Why can't people wait another measly day? It's the middle of the week how much time do you have anyway?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought the game and left it downloading while I go to work. The day one patch will be available once the PS store updates right? Or is that a separate thing?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Why can't people wait another measly day? It's the middle of the week how much time do you have anyway?
I think I can relate to being aggravated. If you helped fund development of the game, and then you can't get it until after everyone else who didn't kickstart it... that's pretty counterintuitive. Also, some people take days of from work for highly anticipated game releases. Imagine wasting that.

I kickstarted it and got my code. If I didn't get it, I'd def be annoyed.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I understand where they're coming from. It sucks to back something and see a bunch of folks enjoying the game when you should be too. FOMO + broken promise (even if it's not directly 505's fault) suck.

The one time I went physical ended up paying off I guess.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I understand where they're coming from. It sucks to back something and see a bunch of folks enjoying the game when you should be too. FOMO + broken promise (even if it's not directly 505's fault) suck.

The one time I went physical ended up paying off I guess.
I guess that's true. Seeing everyone else play before you certainly sucks.

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care who is at fault. There's no reason for this to happen in the age of preloads and whatnot. No reason at all. Fuck Sony for screwing this up and fuck fangamer for beating around the bush all day when they were never going to get the codes. This is the second time they totally fucked up code delivery.

It's whatever at this point. No amount of bitching will change it. I hope everyone is enjoying it.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Any reports of game length?

10 hours more or less to beat the game. After that, you can reach 40+ and even more if you want everything (crafting, shards, leveling up) and this is not counting Hard and Nightmare playthroughs AND whatever extra content that's coming.

Anyone know how to open chests underwater?

Keep progressing through the game and you'll get something that helps with that.

Last edited:

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it also comes down to How early did 505 send the requests to Sony for the keys? Unless we know when they sent in, we can't get a full picture. Given US Sony's history, getting that to them earlier would have been nice, but we don't know all the details.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I can relate to being aggravated. If you helped fund development of the game, and then you can't get it until after everyone else who didn't kickstart it... that's pretty counterintuitive. Also, some people take days of from work for highly anticipated game releases. Imagine wasting that.

I kickstarted it and got my code. If I didn't get it, I'd def be annoyed.
Yeah. Some people get way too bent out of shape about stuff like this, but I absolutely understand being annoyed. I spent $100 backing this game, and if I wasn't already waiting for the Switch version, I'd be kinda peeved too. If anything, backers should get it EARLY.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
How do you dismantle found gear in this, or can you only dismantle items, or crafted gear? Have a bunch of useless gear that I can't dismantle (shows a grey stock number), and it seems like the only option is to sell.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
So who owns the Bloodstained IP? Is it wholly owned by ArtPlay and 505 are just publishing it, or does this franchise technically now live with 505? Either way, I hope this one is enough of a hit to roll out further Bloodstained games to fill that IGA-era Castlevania hole that Konami left.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Yeah. Some people get way too bent out of shape about stuff like this, but I absolutely understand being annoyed. I spent $100 backing this game, and if I wasn't already waiting for the Switch version, I'd be kinda peeved too. If anything, backers should get it EARLY.
It makes me wonder if there's something in the deals they do with retailers that forbids them from sending the game to backers early. Mom and pop shops clearly got the game well before backers did since they were breaking street dates all over the place. Why couldn't backer copies have been sent out along with those?

Zej

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kickstarters are just the newest racket to get money from those who preorder x in full earlier.

If the game is good, I'll get it at retail.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Just a courtesy message. As of 10:21 PM PDT / 1:21 PM EDT, there is no Day 1 patch yet for PS4

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be a little silly and double dip for the Steam version even though I backed the Switch version.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Any reports of game length?
I don't know about hours, but map size is pretty big (you can scroll around the blank spaces of the map and it seems pretty massive). I was in the
Garden of Silence
and stumbled upon an
underground train station that makes me think we are going to get a RotN version of the first stage in Curse of the Moon

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
It makes me wonder if there's something in the deals they do with retailers that forbids them from sending the game to backers early. Mom and pop shops clearly got the game well before backers did since they were breaking street dates all over the place. Why couldn't backer copies have been sent out along with those?
It is basically asking them to do two launches, which is a lot of added overhead for smaller devs/pubs already trying to launch across multiple consoles/pc/languages/etc...