• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Eren, the kid who killed two men with a knife tied to a broomstick, has always had issues.
I think he is definitely naturally like that. Before he even inherits the AT and FT, we see him go all hotheaded on Hannes in episode 1 for not taking the titans seriously, we see him calling humanity weak and like cattle with nothing to live for.

again, with the way the attack titan works

that could be OLD eren, influencing kid Eren

I get what Gustaf is saying.

Eren was clearly experiencing future visions even before he officially got the Attack Titan. It's very possible that Eren's personality from birth was being influenced by an older Eren

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
now I am confused because I thought having it was how you get access to its powers, so obviously he wouldn't be influenced by it until he got it

Eren was clearly experiencing future visions even before he officially got the Attack Titan. It's very possible that Eren's personality from birth was being influenced by an older Eren

With the Dina revelation it opens up a pandora's box of all the shit Eren could have been influencing behind the scenes

he sent dina to kill his mother so he can actually influence things in times where he did not have the AT yet

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
Her arc was over? *shrugs*
Her being the queen meant Isayama couldn't quite justify her taking part in the actual conflict anymore, I imagine.
She can still talk about things

even in this last chapter we don't get much from her. just seems wrong to sideline a significant character like that. I really don't know what her thoughts are about all this. she wasn't my favorite character mind you.

Oct 25, 2017

Then Eren is more of a slave than Mikasa was. No wonder why he stated he hate her. She reminds himself of everything that he represents.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I can't wait for Jean and Mikasa to
have the roughest, most vigorous outdoors sex imaginable for 3 days straight so Eren can see and screech "YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO WAIT AT LEAST 10 YEARS!! CACAW!!! TATAKAE!!!! CACAW!!!! TATAKAE!!!!
I unironically want Mikasa to have a sudden sexual awakening and have lots of sex with many different men as Tatakae Bird watches on helpless.

NTR doujin artists/ fanfic writers have the rare golden opportunity to create righteous NTR content.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
With the Dina revelation it opens up a pandora's box of all the shit Eren could have been influencing behind the scenes
tumblr_psnbhazB4u1ynx7sqo8_400.gifv

Then this turns into the question of who is the real Eren, how did he act and when did we see him?
if so then that does kinda create a paradox I don't like :/

You can see this as Eren wondering a similar thing:

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
She can still talk about things
even in this last chapter we don't get much from her. just seems wrong to sideline a significant character like that. I really don't know what her thoughts are about all this. she wasn't my favorite character mind you.
I understand, but I also think we've seen enough to infer that she's on the same page as the rest of the main cast: I can't imagine she doesn't want peace, regardless of how fascist (most of) Eldia has become.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
also the line where armin thanks eren for becoming a mass murderer, HAS TO BE something lost in translation lol

we will see what the official release says

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
So is what we have leaked now still not the *official* translation I'm kinda confused on that. Kinda funny that this is my first time experiencing a chapter release 😂

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
I understand, but I also think we've seen enough to infer that she's on the same page as the rest of the main cast: I can't imagine she doesn't want peace, regardless of how fascist (most of) Eldia has become.
yeah but she kept quiet about the rumbling, I'd like to hear her more about why.

I'd like to hear her thoughts on the pregnancy and her child too. We never got the rest of that Eren conversation, at least we could've got that

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
correct, these are fans translating a leaked version of the chapter.
It's not the "official" translation, but an english typeset form a fan translation team.
All the official translation in the world isn't going to save Eren from that one fucking panel.
I see, are things normally super different or pretty accurate? Like was anything ever misinterpreted? Wanna know before I get *super* into theories and analysis

Oct 25, 2017
I see, are things normally super different or pretty accurate? Like was anything ever misinterpreted? Wanna know before I get *super* into theories and analysis
Things can always get ironed out, but I really don't think there's enough mistranslated to completely shift the context of that scene to something less fucked up. Also I wonder if that guy in the anime thread that wanted to name his kid Eren will reneg on that after this gets adapted. I really don't think being named after a
murderous, incel simp
is a good look.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Eren's description of "I don't know why I wanted to, I just wanted to really badly" sounds like he was being influenced by Ymir, just as Royals were bound by the Vow to Renounce War.

BlackBoyFly

Oct 12, 2020
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, the combo of Eren having the Attack Titan & activated founding titan (unlike Grisha) led to him having this crazy Dr Manhattan perception of time? If so, he was only in this state from the time he touched Zeke correct?

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, the combo of Eren having the Attack Titan & activated founding titan (unlike Grisha) led to him having this crazy Dr Manhattan perception of time? If so, he was only in this state from the time he touched Zeke correct?
It would be from when he touched Historia

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
User Banned (1 Month): Inappropriate Commentary; History of Inappropriate Commentary
I unironically want Mikasa to have a sudden sexual awakening and have lots of sex with many different men as Tatakae Bird watches on helpless.

NTR doujin artists/ fanfic writers have the rare golden opportunity to create righteous NTR content.

Same.

At the very least, Mikasa's gonna
ride Jean's horsecock and pogostick Armin's colossal dick maybe with Annie involved while Eren looks on impotently. Eren's gonna be dropping bird shit on those two for the rest of his bird life while screeching "Tatakae. Not my waifu! Tatakae." -cries some more in bird chirps-" I don't read hentai but I'll read that hentai as a fuck you to Eren Jaeger

Things can always get ironed out, but I really don't think there's enough mistranslated to completely shift the context of that scene to something less fucked up. Also I wonder if that guy in the anime thread that wanted to name his kid Eren will reneg on that after this gets adapted. I really don't think being named after a
murderous, incel simp
is a good look.

reminds me of when GRRM many years ago told people not to name their kid "Daenerys" and those fans just thought GRRM was being cute

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was coming out on the 9th and thought I'd be able to cram the entire series in by that time. Oh well, I read the final chapter anyways lol

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Eren's description of "I don't know why I wanted to, I just wanted to really badly" sounds like he was being influenced by Ymir, just as Royals were bound by the Vow to Renounce War.

Potentially or it's just his human nature in the same way that some serial killers just want to kill people but have no idea why they just do. It's left ambiguous.
Maybe Eren was just born this way or Ymir/Older Eren made him this way.

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that I don't even hate most of the ending with the exception of what happens with Mikasa is like the funniest thing for me. Eren devolving into that and Mikasa probably fated to spend the rest of her life sharing dinner with a severed head in the ground is just the lowest state of that character. Gabi and Annie won and Pieck is hands down a better character than her. Is Louise still alive? Maybe she should hang out with her or something and reflect her thought processes.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
The fact that I don't even hate most of the ending with the exception of what happens with Mikasa is like the funniest thing for me. Eren devolving into that and Mikasa probably fated to spend the rest of her life sharing dinner with a severed head in the ground is just the lowest state of that character. Gabi and Annie won and Pieck is hands down a better character than her. Is Louise still alive? Maybe she should hang out with her or something and reflect her thought processes.

Louise already died trying to suck Mikasa's toes
similar to Eren actually

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
I think the implication is that he was influenced by Grisha.

It would be from when he touched Historia
He saw some of his future via Grisha's memories, but he couldn't use the Founding Titan's power at the time.

I thought this was coming out on the 9th
It is. There was a leak (as usual, really).

JAA55

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego
Finally got around to reading the fan translations and I don't hate it. We saw a fucked up piece of shit grow up into that. Eren fuckin bootstrapped himself into who he is. I like that we didn't get a complete peace ending, since it wouldn't make sense imo. Ymir and mikasa stuff really sucked. In the end I got the sad ending I wanted. Went from a possible 10/10 to a solid 8/10.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
I really, REALLY liked this chapter.
as a lot of people has said it before, it could've been developed a little bit more, specially Historia's part but i love this bittersweet ending, i love the fact that Eren's, Mikasa's and Armin's wishes didn't come to fruition in the end but had to deal with the consequences of an absolute fucked up situation where there wasn't a huge twist that made everything right at the end.

And it makes me happy after reading this manga for eleven years.

BTW, i don't know why everybody keeps pairing Mikasa and Jean if this chapter made it quite clear that Jean considers Mikasa

too old, now schoolgirls is where the real fun is!

fucking perverted horseface

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
as a lot of people has said it before, it could've been developed a little bit more, specially Historia's part but i love this bittersweet ending, i love the fact that Eren's, Mikasa's and Armin's wishes didn't come to fruition in the end but had to deal with the consequences of an absolute fucked up situation where there wasn't a huge twist that made everything right at the end

BTW, i don't know why everybody keeps pairing Mikasa and Jean if this chapter made it quite clear that Jean considers Mikasa

old news, now schoolgirls is where the real fun is!

He really should just get with Pieck, she even notices him growing out his hair.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Read the fan translation:

I do not hate it as much. It is not a complete trainwreck... but boy did so much of it need flashing out and some things were better off omitted (Ymir stuff first and foremost, because that shit is disgusting).

What really kills it is Mikasa, despite the last chapter making it seem like she was ready to get over Eren, reverting back to simping for her beloved incel fuck and apparently still pining over his sorry incel simp ass three fucking years later.

Levi getting to send off the spirits of his comrades was the best part of the chapter by a mile.

Over all, it was kinda disappointing, but not quite as horrible as I feared. MAPPA has a real opportunity to make it better and I hope they take it, but then again people though the same with Promised Neverland and that ended up making people wish they stuck with the manga.

Oct 25, 2017

I do not hate it as much. It is not a complete trainwreck... but boy did so much of it need flashing out and some things were better off omitted (Ymir stuff first and foremost, because that shit is disgusting).

What really kills it is Mikasa, despite the last chapter making it seem like she was ready to get over Eren, reverting back to simping for her beloved incel fuck and apparently still pining over his sorry incel simp ass three fucking years later.
It's on some Wonder Woman 84 shit, but worse, but fucking worse.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
as a lot of people has said it before, it could've been developed a little bit more, specially Historia's part but i love this bittersweet ending, i love the fact that Eren's, Mikasa's and Armin's wishes didn't come to fruition in the end but had to deal with the consequences of an absolute fucked up situation where there wasn't a huge twist that made everything right at the end.

And it makes me happy after reading this manga for eleven years.

old news, now schoolgirls is where the real fun is!

It's really because Jean is the only guy that shows romantic interest in Mikasa and it would piss off
Eren that another man is sullying his precious waifu and taking her virginity. "She's gotta wait 10 years dammit i mean Tatakae tatakae" so now I've head-canon'd that they're gonna fuck hard on the scarf when Jean lands on Paradis and preferably in front of that damn bird

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Oof that one panel with Eren and Armin is going to be a meme forever. I didn't like the ending but I didn't hate it either. It just kind of left a lukewarm taste in my mouth. 🙃

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

Levi getting to send off the spirits of his comrades was the best part of the chapter by a mile.

Over all, it was kinda disappointing, but not quite as horrible as I feared. MAPPA has a real opportunity to make it better and I hope they take it, but then again people though the same with Promised Neverland and that ended up making people wish they stuck with the manga.
I could see MAPPA maybe adding the convos Eren had with the others that weren't shown. Also really think they could omit some of the stuff that was briefly glossed over yet could cause tons of debates like Eren being the one who caused Dina to eat his mom. I don't feel like removing that would take anything away, but actually make it better.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

too old, now schoolgirls is where the real fun is!

It is not that people here want to ship Jean with Mikasa, they just want to see Eren get cucked.

Any man will do really.

Perhaps Mikasa could find herself some farmboy like Historia did.

Last edited:

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
It's really because Jean is the only guy that shows romantic interest in Mikasa and it would piss off
Eren that another man is sullying his precious waifu and taking her virginity. "She's gotta wait 10 years dammit i mean Tatakae tatakae" so now I've head-canon'd that they're gonna fuck hard on the scarf when Jean lands on Paradis and preferably in front of that damn bird
It is not that people here want to ship Jean with Mikasa, they just want to see Eren get cucked.

Any man will do really.

Perhaps Mikasa could find herself some farmboy like Mikasa did.

Sorry, sorry, I know! of course anybody can say whatever they want about their shippings and shit on Eren as much as they want, i mean, AOT is over...

is over

2HjqAut.jpg

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Sorry, sorry, I know! of course anybody can say whatever they want about their shippings and shit on Eren as much as they want, i mean, AOT is over...

is over

2HjqAut.jpg

Any man will do really.

Perhaps Mikasa could find herself some farmboy like Mikasa did.

To be fair, Isayama's editor did say that Jean would have a chance with Mikasa if
Eren died so there's the possibility of Jeankasa happening. Mostly, I just want Mikasa to move on though. Her being hung up on Eren is just sad. I'm thinking like Armin here, hopefully she finds someone else to love.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
source.gif

Damn its over. I liked it. Very lukewarm about it and it feels just a tad rushed but it has some great moments.
As a whole, this manga was quite a ride and I'm very pleased to have been a part of it since 2014. Honestly it feels great to finish reading a popular manga that actually ends and doesn't crash and burn in this generation.
Thank You Isayama, now take a well deserved break.

Everyone next week:
54su9g.jpg

Miura please...

Wari Oman

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 2, 2021
So I'm mostly fine with everything except Armin thanking Eren for his Lelouch maneuver that didn't do anything but give them a slight tiny glimmer of hope. Eren killed 80% of humanity and failed in his goal, there ain't nothing to thank. Cut that shit out or hammer in other perspectives to balance out the biased view of Eren from his friends.

Also the implications of Eren "not having a choice". Anything that implies taking agency away in favor of "fate" forcing characters to do things to drive the plot is never good in my book. That didn't need to be expanded on, we got everything we needed to know about why Eren did what he did in the chapter he admitted he was disappointed at knowing other people existed.

But I'm still gonna hold off a bit until better translations

This is where I'm at.