• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Phew this sounds great. Never been one to spend on microtransactions unless it's a damn incredible game, but have no issues with mobile gaming or subscriptions. So this is right up my alley. Controller support? Even better. Love stuff to play when I have like 10 minutes of downtime.

Will try on my 11 Pro Max when it arrives. Really stress test that supposedly amazing battery.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Only tried it for about 15 minutes, but I'm not exactly sure what to make of Various Daylife yet... it seems like it might be interesting, but first impressions are a weird mix of charming and bland.

Tint's a simple but neat little puzzle game involving blending colors.

I just started Over The Alps, but I already have a very good feeling about it. Kinda giving me 80 Days vibes.

Last edited:

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet...but the options menu in Exit the Gungeon lets you customize the button icons. The options are Default, MFi, Sony, Xbox, and Switch.

Why would they let you choose Switch button icons if Switch controller support wasn't coming? 🤔

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Correct me if I'm wrong but there was a Sonic game teased for this at its initial reveal during like a sizzle real, right?

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Tried shinsekai for about 20 minutes. I heard it was a metroidvania but it didnt seem like it to me. Not a fan of underwater games so I was quite bored with it. Art and music arent too great either

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet...but the options menu in Exit the Gungeon lets you customize the button icons. The options are Default, MFi, Sony, Xbox, and Switch.

Why would they let you choose Switch button icons if Switch controller support wasn't coming? 🤔

Like they know about any API changes coming. Probably in there from the Steam port

Rlan

Oct 27, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
And over at PikPok, we've just shown off Agent Intercept, which is in the beta!

Give it a shot! I mean, why not? It's free :P

New Zealand pulling out all the punches with Agent Intercept (PikPok), Mini Motorway (Dinosaur Polo Club) and Red Reign (Ninja Kiwi) on Arcade!

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I only wanted to try 1-2 games... 2 hours later and I have over a dozen downloaded. The more in depth games like Oceanhorn and Cat Quest 2 I was holding off, and yet so far I've pretty much enjoyed every game I tried.

I love the "pinball" running around in Pinball Wizard. I went into What the Golf blind and it caught me by surprise, lol. I'm not sure I understand Card of Darkness or what to make of Speed Demons quite yet, but zack gage and radiangames respectively make good stuff. Both left me wanting to play more. I enjoyed Agent Intercept as a simple spy hunter with an amazing presentation. Grindstone might finally be a Dungeon Raid replacement. It's cool you play as a kid in a wheelchair in Cardpocalypse which seems like a simple but fun card battle game.

Then I still have Neo Cab, Overland, Jenny Leclue, Mutzlone, WCF... and of course Sayonara. This is why I passed on Borderlands 3 for now:)

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't expect a game like Shinsekai from Capcom there. I really like the atmosphere and the soundtrack. Resolution is a bit blurry though.

It has some refreshing gameplay elements that makes it an interesting Metroidvania with survival elements, like oxygen and stamina management. It has bit too much to explain in terms of the controls but I like the wonky unterwater gameplay somehow.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I know. That's what I'm saying, an actual sonic game without microtransactions on iOS, not a racing one.
Ah, I get what you're saying now. My bad.

If enough people play Sonic Racing, maybe they'll greenlight a more traditional Sonic game as part of Arcade. Would be really cool to see that happen.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I were a parent and I had a kid that wanted to play games on the family iDevice, I know 100000% that I would vastly prefer Apple Arcade versus introducing F2P microtransaction mechanics to said kid.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I just finished Sayonara Wilds Hearts and wowowowowow. This will probably be in my top 10 GOTY. It's got major Rez vibes.

Oct 26, 2017
Mini Motorways, Overland, and What the Golf? are the three games I've played the most.

Special shout-out to What the Golf? I'm normally not a golf fan (in real life, on TV, or in gaming), but it's funny, controls well, and has a massive "just one more level" appeal.

Especially once I discovered that each level can be played three times to get a crown per level.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, playing around with Apple Arcade, I'm going to say it - if Apple can keep this pricepoint and quality threshold, then they have outright fixed mobile gaming. I was skeptical and now I'm absolutely sold.

Not having to deal with ads, microtransactions, or any of that crap - it really changes the entire way you feel about mobile games.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Does it go any farther than just being a stylish Subway Surfers lane-thing? Thanks
I'm honestly not sure how to answer that question. It's definitely a game that's more about the experience than a challenge. It does switch up what you're doing in the later levels (the last third of the game is definitely the best and most surprising), but your mind probably isn't going to be changed if you're really not liking the first few levels of the game. Most of the game is dodging enemy attacks, enemies, and barriers, while hitting the occasional QTE button press. I don't like boiling it down like that, but it is the reality of it.

It's not that long, so I encourage anyone to give it as far of a shot as they can, because i really do think the game gets better and better as you go through it. The end is great.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
So glad that people are digging this. When Apple first announced this, i was ecstatic, but seeing how polished the implementation is has really impressed me even more. When iOS games aren't trying to copy the full on conssole experience, they have a very unique place in gaming that I adore. There are some titles that even lend themselves to iOS. Overland, for example, is a title that I originally wanted on Switch, but would prefer to play it on my iPAD.

Gaming is in this amazing and exciting place right now. At least for me. I feel like if i want that AAAA big budget cinematic experience or that super expensive AAA multiplayer game, my PS4 is ripe. If i want something that only Nintendo can offer, or, if I want that AAA game that magically works on the go, my Switch has been a dream. If I want something more indie that doesn't necessarily need controllers, the iPAD is fantastic. Despite the tech hiccups, I've enjoyed most of my story-based Telltale experiences on that device. I love it and I love the option to connect to my PS4 remotely if that's my desire.

Finally, if I want all new experiences, I boot up my Oculus Quest, which gets almost as much play as my Switch! With the inevitable launch of XCloud and games pass on multiple devices (fingers crossed for iOS), options are looking incredible right now.

This Apple Arcade thing, though...it's VERY exciting. So many games that legitimately have the potential to be great due to enthusiastic curation.

I honestly can't think of a better time in gaming than now.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Because the game will be ported to Switch, PS, etc. eventually, maybe?

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Like they know about any API changes coming. Probably in there from the Steam port
I suppose that's most likely yeah.
Because the game will be ported to Switch, PS, etc. eventually, maybe?
Yeah, I know...I just thought it was strange, since every other controller on the list is supported by the game. It's not like you're going to see the Switch button icon option in the PS4 version, or the MFi button icon option in any other version.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
hmmmm its probably safe enough to install the new ipados now right? i've been running ios13 on my phone but didn't want to try it on my ipad just yet

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
What is Exit the Gungeon, anyway? Is it any good? (Not an Apple guy, you guys gotta play all these cool mobile games in my steed XD)

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

TooFriendly

Oct 30, 2017
And over at PikPok, we've just shown off Agent Intercept, which is in the beta!

Give it a shot! I mean, why not? It's free :P

New Zealand pulling out all the punches with Agent Intercept (PikPok), Mini Motorway (Dinosaur Polo Club) and Red Reign (Ninja Kiwi) on Arcade!

Go Wellington!
Agent intercept looks cool (is there CarFu?), I'll give it a try when the public version of Apple Arcade opens.
I didn't know until today that Mini Metro was made in NZ. I got addicted to it on my switch.

I hope that Apple Arcade ends up doing well for developers, and manages to clear an area for mobile games to grow, away from the current app stores, where they won't have to rely on making 'free-to-play' games that have to rely on watching ads to get extra play time or microtransactions that rely on whale hunting.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I only knew the vague premise of Hot Lava and did not expect the over the top faux-80s cartoon intro at all. Really cool game, will probably wait till its on pc and i can play with m+kb tho. The sister chase level in the gym gave me the vibe my controller and a tiny phone screen wont cut it when the difficulty ramps up

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Will all of the games be universal and available on all devices or are there going to be some games that are iOS or MacOS only?

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Apple Music is now the same way, option to turn off Auto renew has been removed, and if you cancel during a free trial, even if you have several weeks/month left of trial, you will lose access immedietly when you click cancel.

I don't think this is right. My girlfriend subbed and canceled Apple Music and she still has access.

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not sure about the future but at the moment I think everything is meant to be cross platform.

Awesome, if all the games are natively supported on the Apple TV with controller support then Apple have just made it an essential gaming device literally overnight, gaming support on the apple tv was embarrassingly poor so this would be wonderful news.

Status
Not open for further replies.