• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like I'll switch to Interceptor or Colossus after tuesday (depending on the patch). I knew something was off with all the builds I tried for my Ranger, but that reddit post was very clear. The class is broken, and not much thought was put into it.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PvkFum8.jpg

Not too bad rolls but not sure about the inscription. Seems super close and I get interrupted when trying to trigger it lol.
It's...okay. Honestly, reloading is something I try to only do behind cover or if the enemy is stunned and I have a chance or something. If I'm in the middle of a mob, I'll probably switch weapons or use an ability instead of reloading. Maybe if they buffed its reload speed, too, it would be more viable.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's...okay. Honestly, reloading is something I try to only do behind cover or if the enemy is stunned and I have a chance or something. If I'm in the middle of a mob, I'll probably switch weapons or use an ability instead of reloading. Maybe if they buffed its reload speed, too, it would be more viable.
Yes, it does seem a little clunky but damage as a regular gun is ok. faster reload would be great, or interrupt immunity while reloading. Its my first MW, so hopefully more to come haha.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
While I was in easy, thought I'd do the dungeons. Did all except Bane Edge, The Vault and Sovereign Mine, because my loot had hit 250 lol. Got three mw, all dupes lol.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I have a hard time on Colossus rolling anything but Papa Pump (with +125% dmg) and Yvenia for annoying shield enemies.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
If you're playing below grandmaster there are only a couple masterworks you can get

Yeah I know, just that what the he'll why not, since I was hunting Titans anyway lol!

Managed to get my luck up to 83%. Is 90% what I should be aiming for ideally?

Btw, anyone know what the highest amount of luck can be, on a single item? Highest I've seen so far is 35%.

kOsmikcoffee

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Everyone complaining about the Ranger, but I've had more fun playing it than the Storm. I wanted to feel like a Jedi/Sith/Paragon, and while I was OP, it was boring. I made a Boots on the Ground Ranger and am having WAY more fun with it. I love getting in that ass and LMG'ing enemies to death lmao

chogidogs

Oct 25, 2017
I have a hard time on Colossus rolling anything but Papa Pump (with +125% dmg) and Yvenia for annoying shield enemies.

Honestly, the Colossus only clicked for me after I found a MW autorifle and grenade launcher. Same deal with Infiltrator. I only enjoyed playing that class after I found the Rolling Carnage.

anyone know what the highest amount of luck can be, on a single item? Highest I've seen so far is 35%.

I have a legendary that gave 45%

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Wow, guys, I have to tell you how great it feels to kill two Legendaries in a row on GM1 and get a white drop from both. Just *kisses fingers*

In fairness, I three MW pretty quickly after that, but it's not just about the drops, it's about the mouthfeel of killing a Legendary enemy in GM and seeing a white drop. Just a kick right in the dick.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The difference between Gold and Brass can be seen in this video at around the 15:00 mark:

Both were available in the demo by default.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
If you're playing below grandmaster there are only a couple masterworks you can get
is there a list somewhere? I'm curious what guns are in the smaller loot table

My first legendary was Papa Pump, still use it a lot just because it has +180% armor on it! :O
O.o I need it. I got that floating sniper rifle (40% more crit dmg for floating) that gives me 75% more armor and found that was pretty awesome

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
is there a list somewhere? I'm curious what guns are in the smaller loot table

O.o I need it. I got that floating sniper rifle (40% more crit dmg for floating) that gives me 75% more armor and found that was pretty awesome
I'm pretty sure it's:
  1. Avenging Herald(Heavy Pistol)
  2. Thunderbolt of Yvenia(Marksman)
  3. Artininia's Gambit(LMG)
  4. Unending Battle(Machine Pistol)
  5. Elemental Rage(AR)
  6. Wyvern Blitz(Sniper)

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Do you ever wonder what groups are like when you're not around to complete mission objectives? I like to imagine there are scores of groups who have been endlessly killing mobs while dancing around the objective since launch.
Yeah, all the time. I also wonder if Colossus players know that their class can actually go inside the green dome that appears when you are capping a point. So far the evidence is lacking.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad that the developers acknowledged that the Ranger is underperforming right now, and that they will be giving the Javelin a much needed buff soon. As a Ranger main, I really hope they rework its Masterwork components and buff its Ultimate.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
I swear they've done something fucky with the loot drops over the last couple of days. It's been a parade of commons and uncommons since the livestream....

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Ya seriously don't bother right now. Gm2 and 3 drop more greens and whites than gm1
I have friends who have been running at GM level for a week with no legendary drops. I run at hard, sometimes even normal and have barely played lately and got a legendary 2 days ago. The rng is not matching the difficulty level.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that the developers acknowledged that the Ranger is underperforming right now, and that they will be giving the Javelin a much needed buff soon. As a Ranger main, I really hope they rework its Masterwork components and buff its Ultimate.

Yea the March 12 update for melee/ultimate boost will help ranger missle barrage build, but I'm glad they are going beyond that.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have friends who have been running at GM level for a week with no legendary drops. I run at hard, sometimes even normal and have barely played lately and got a legendary 2 days ago. The rng is not matching the difficulty level.

The rumor is that luck is a completely fucked up stat that resets to 0 after a certain threshold. Because GM2 and GM3 increase luck, it pushes luck past that broken threshold if your javelin has too much luck equipped.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
The patch can't get here fast enough. My desire to play the game with all these bugs and loot issues is fading. 65 hours playing and haven't gotten a legendary yet, did Heart of Rage and it didn't count for my daily, multiple crashes, and bugged out quests.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/ayqaty/bioware_has_acknowledged_that_ranger_feels/

this explains why it's so shit. Also shows the glaring development and communication issues BW has within their studio.

As someone who mains Ranger, I'm amazed the poster was even able to get that deep into its mechanics. Like literally every piece of equipment I've seen only ever mentions Impact Combo; I've never seen "Blast Combo" in the description. I had no idea weapons scaled off of blast or impact multipliers, never mind where you get these multipliers from, never mind which one primes and which one detonates.

I find Ranger fun to play because I can jump-melee-smash and then run away and shoot stuff when it gets too hot, but it seems crystal clear from that Reddit post that it's basically a garbage class and I'm not contributing as much as I think I am. Yikes.