• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
How's the PC performance? I picked up Origin Access to give this a shot once I finish my build/transplant tomorrow and was curious.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3 missions and I've run into myself playing colossus, one person playing an interceptor, and 7 players on storm

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cant post tweet from my phone, but this is from Michael Gamble:

Xbox people this is important: there's a known bug where if you suspend your game on Xbox and come back later on and resume it, it won't re-connect. When you're done, kill the title and relaunch when you play next. Otherwise it sits on the reconnecting screen forever

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Cant post tweet from my phone, but this is from Michael Gamble:

Xbox people this is important: there's a known bug where if you suspend your game on Xbox and come back later on and resume it, it won't re-connect. When you're done, kill the title and relaunch when you play next. Otherwise it sits on the reconnecting screen forever

This is also known to Xbox users as the Crunchyroll bug. If you don't kill the CR app after use it'll take like 8 hours before it works again.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Any sour taste left behind from the demos has been completely eliminated to me. Runs so much better on the X. I should have expected this but I hate how we can only choose old and dirty in regards to our javelin condition. The demo spoiled us by having everything unlocked. Still think its stupid that people who bought the game on Xbox only get 10 hours but whatever.

Oct 27, 2017
M/KB controls are so much better, as is the flying with default settings. Much improved! Also, it looks and plays really well on my PC.

VentusGallius

Oct 25, 2017
I am trying to stay positive with the game but there are so many red flags everywhere for me its getting hard to ignore. Just pushing that stuff to the side I have a question here. Its not letting me search for an expedition and asking me to change difficulty. Why is it doing this instead of just letting me host the game then people will join after? Seems like the only way I can launch this mission is setting the game to private. Do I have a setting wrong or is it just forcing me to only join games already in session?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The appaerance kiosk in the launch bay hub place appearing for anyone else? I can't select it.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
How's the PC performance? I picked up Origin Access to give this a shot once I finish my build/transplant tomorrow and was curious.
If it helps you I have a Ryzen 2600 and Vega 56 and play at 1440p. Game runs 50-70 fps in Ultra most of the time. The freeroam area and Tarsis can be quite taxing though. I'll probably go down to high to get a more stable fps.

Edit: first two tutorial/solo missions are NO indication of how well the game runs. Performance there was way higher than in the later MP missions.

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
Really wishing I could have taken a day today. Excited to dig into this. My demo impressions were mixed but by the end of my time with it I was having a lot of fun.

HughJayNus

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 29, 2018
I can already tell I'm gonna burn through my ten hours of time with the game in like two days this weekend, then spend the rest of the week being whiny and grumpy I can't play 🤣🤣
Haha yeah I know how you feel. I was really enjoying the first two missions but I had to stop and pace myself so I don't end up being left with nothing by Sunday xD

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Gotta say... this is night and day from the demo on X... BioWare really hurt themselves with that demo, all my friends lost their hype for the game. I can't believe how much more polished and playable it is now... doesn't seem to have nearly as much mid mission loading, and the load times are much faster. Man that demo build must have been ancient...
I wanted to mention it when the demos were ongoing but of course, preferred to steer clear of being labeled a shill again lol. From what I understand the demo builds were months old.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Can you not change your suit voice or whatever it's called? Trying to find the option but I don't see it anywhere

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Storm is the most fantastical and looks the coolest, what do you guys expect? The designs for the other javelins is severely lacking. If it wasn't for Storm, I would have zero interest in this game.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Oh I hope we can glitch the timer on Xbox like we could with other games, 10 hours is gonna fly so quick on this type of game. The Division 2 was only 4 day beta and I ended up with 1 day and 12 hours playtime lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all, so here was one weird thing. I'm only like level 3 or 4 but I was actually allowed to unlock TWO Javalins at level 2. I picked Ranger (The one I'm actually using) and Storm. I keep seeing folks talk about the one they picked. I only did the Origin Premium thing. I rarely use Origin at all, so I don't think it was some weird kind of loyalty reward or something. Is it normal to be able to unlock 2 suits at level 2 and maybe I was misunderstanding?

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is the Origin Basic Access 10 hour trial the final release version?

Wanna test the performance before I buy.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Storm is the most fantastical and looks the coolest, what do you guys expect? The designs for the other javelins is severely lacking. If it wasn't for Storm, I would have zero interest in this game.

If you say so. I think they look really boring. Giant junkyard mecha Colossus is way cooler to me than "not a Warlock"

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Do the npc's have personalities other than boring or sarcastic? This looks fun, but I hated destiny for all the wisecracking robots.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say... this is night and day from the demo on X... BioWare really hurt themselves with that demo, all my friends lost their hype for the game. I can't believe how much more polished and playable it is now... doesn't seem to have nearly as much mid mission loading, and the load times are much faster. Man that demo build must have been ancient...
i was shocked by the mid mission loading in the beta. i never had that in the alpha where you just flew through the loading zones like you do in destiny.

the alpha also had performance issues but it somehow felt better during combat than the demo did despite being an older build.