• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
7jqtp6kx4ld21.jpg
I think this chart was updated too... let me check:
FDmgH5L.jpg

Yeah the creator updated it to add more time zones :) Super useful for people not sure when the Demo begins.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
This is confirmed to be fixed at release. Interceptor suffers most from it in the demo because attacks like Venom Spray and Spark Dash use the direction your character is facing/moving to set their initial direction, at release it'l be where you're targeting/looking at.

This is really good to hear.

I will say I enjoyed dropping from heights in that death spin a lot more than i thought i was going to.

The spin was my go to melee, but it still wasn't great to hit things in the air. I just want to be able to use the guns/have the guns matter as little as possible since that is the most unfun part of the game for me. Am hoping that with later skills and good loadout synergy that can be more possible but even then there wasn't too much really fun in the Interceptor's toolkit when I went in thinking it was going to be the most fun. The charge had potental but it has too long of a startup. Have hopes for storm now I guess even if I would rather a super fast melee thing.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I think a melee based large titan with melee weapons as drops would be slick af. Like the counterpoint to the lithe ninja interceptor would be this monstrous hulk like bruiser.
Make it fly super limited. More jumping for looooong distances like the hulk!!!

So what you're saying is you want the Krogan Warlord to make his glorious return. So do I. I miss that lil guy.
5ruGEEm.png

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Question that's probably been answered somewhere in the last 142 pages, but what the process for participating in the open beta? You gotta signup anywhere or is it just something you can freely download and join?
Open beta is for everyone. Download the demo from the store and enjoy on 1st of February

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
So what you're saying is you want the Krogan Warlord to make his glorious return. So do I. I miss that lil guy.
5ruGEEm.png

I was thinking Assault Marine's with chainswords and the like but you do you Lizard-bro!!

Looking forward to everything tho. One of the people in my crew has decided to main INterceptor as well and it has me contemplating getting that Ranger leveled way up as well. So many decisions for this game... and i still haven't even played the storm!~ that'll be this weekend.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Do we take that then as meaning that Edmonton will be focusing on the content drops/updates and Austin will be focusing on the ongoing live service, new cosmetics...etc? We also know that Motive helped with the Launch Bay, maybe some other studios are making some more post-launch content too.

I'm thinking once game is launched Edmonton will go onto another game altogether. They have Dragon Age 4, they may even try to get Mass Effect off the ground again.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Those who played the VIP Demo will know all about the 95% loading bug, well on Reddit someone asked if it was going to be fixed for the Open demo, this was the dev response:

"So it's not my team that is working on this specific issue, but I'm part of the slack channel coordination for the demo - I'm not 100% certain if it will get fixed, but I can tell you that tons of people have been working overtime to get this resolved and it looks hopeful. Deploying fixes with a one week turnaround across multiple platforms without introducing MORE stability issues is hard.

We may not be getting frustrated trying to play the game, but watching our fans get frustrated sucks, especially after working so hard on the game for years and wanting everyone to experience it.

Here's to hoping, and thanks for your continued patience and support.

Stronger together!"

Ronin0510

Oct 27, 2017
See...them not being able to fix that infinite loading bug does not look good for launch. Granted they have more time before launch but still ppl will be put off by it so much.

codemnk

Oct 30, 2017
Those who played the VIP Demo will know all about the 95% loading bug, well on Reddit someone asked if it was going to be fixed for the Open demo, this was the dev response:

"So it's not my team that is working on this specific issue, but I'm part of the slack channel coordination for the demo - I'm not 100% certain if it will get fixed, but I can tell you that tons of people have been working overtime to get this resolved and it looks hopeful. Deploying fixes with a one week turnaround across multiple platforms without introducing MORE stability issues is hard.

We may not be getting frustrated trying to play the game, but watching our fans get frustrated sucks, especially after working so hard on the game for years and wanting everyone to experience it.

Stronger together!"
Oh boy, can't wait to find out what vinyl we're going to get this time!
For real though, hopefully they'll manage to fix it. It's been damaging enough as is, I hope their work pays off and they can redeem themselves a little with the open demo. I won't be able to participate much either way unfortunately.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017

Stronger together!"
I would just cancel the open demo of it is not resolved, would probably cost more potential sales trying to play a broken demo

WizzNARD

Jan 5, 2018

Stronger together!"
I had a feeling this would be the case. I don't doubt that they're working as hard as they can to fix it, but I have a feeling that it won't be fixed or at least not 100%.

I hope it is, especially since it's open to everyone and that alone will turn a lot of people off immediately. All the problems with the demo are such a downer. I know it's an older build and everything but they should really be putting their best foot forward to get people to play the full release and constant crashes, rubber banding and load glitches is not it.

I'm in for the full game but if any of these things are happening when it does come out is really gonna put a damper on things especially with division 2 and new destiny season both launching close to Anthem. Just too many choices in the same space for people to hang around or even give a chance altogether. Which is a shame because when this game is clicking it's really fun!

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
The only tweet I care about is "The infinite loading screen bug has been fixed!" for the open demo. Any updates on that front?

That seriously ruined the entire VIP demo weekend for me. I am not going to sit there and restart the game every time I want to load a mission.
I agree, but they better fix the crashes, we had at least 3 trying to do the stronghold last week end and with the last one we lost all progression.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Browsing the subreddit and the general consensus is it probably won't be fixed for the open demo but will *hopefully* be fixed for the final release lmfao

Is this based off what devs are saying over there? I feel like they'd be better served cancelling the open demo than letting everyone experience that infinite loading glitch.

I feel like the outcome would be catastrophic and it blows my mind that it might still be there and they're pushing forward with it.

Edit: just seen the dev comment on the last page, woof. I would really hate for the game to tank on something that isn't in the final build.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I went from hating it to quite enjoying it by the end of the VIP beta so I'll be back on Friday, this time with a few friends which will make it more fun. I'm hoping some of the issues will be fixed, the awful controls and performance being the major ones.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this based off what devs are saying over there? I feel like they'd be better served cancelling the open demo than letting everyone experience that infinite loading glitch.

I feel like the outcome would be catastrophic and it blows my mind that it might still be there and they're pushing forward with it.

Edit: just seen the dev comment on the last page, woof. I would really hate for the game to tank on something that isn't in the final build.
Right?

Obviously people who preordered or have Origin premiere subs are gonna play regardless but could you imagine being on the fence about a game and then you play what is being marketed as a DEMO and not a BETA and you literally can't load a mission? Would you buy that game? I wouldn't.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
If I were them, I'd postpone the open demo a week if they can't fix it by Friday. If they thought last weekend's reaction to the demo was a shitshow, just wait for the reaction from the masses. They will be torn apart.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I were them, I'd postpone the open demo a week if they can't fix it by Friday. If they thought last weekend's reaction to the demo was a shitshow, just wait for the reaction from the masses. They will be torn apart.
Yep.

Or they should have just been calling this a beta / server stress test or something.

Issues like this are completely acceptable in a beta. But calling it a demo implies a certain level of polish, because you're putting it forward as a representation of what the final product is with the goal of convincing more people to buy the game.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Yeah, with the amount of people rooting for this game to fail spectacularly, there will be no shortage of folks ready to pounce all over this.

bazzi

Dec 19, 2017
there's no way they don't fix the infinite loading glitch by Friday, it would be such a disaster lol

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Yep.

Or they should have just been calling this a beta / server stress test or something.

Issues like this are completely acceptable in a beta. But calling it a demo implies a certain level of polish, because you're putting it forward as a representation of what the final product is with the goal of convincing more people to buy the game.
You can't release a 'beta' three weeks before launch. But yeah, calling it a server stress test might've been a better move.

there's no way they don't fix the infinite loading glitch by Friday, it would be such a disaster lol
Disasters are EA's specialty.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
Going to try this again but I think I might be good not getting this, at least for the time being. Just not feeling it like I hoped I would.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Seems like it. On top of that, you're always instantly match made with 4 players even in free roam, so friends can't drop in or out since free roam is locked to public matchmaking (no private option). Even worse, there's no way to change who the party leader is, so if that person leaves, everyone else gets kicked back to the fort.
This is bad.....I didn't realise the was a release game thing, this is bad level bad.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Seriously...an open beta that basically hits users with a massive tech issue is going to be beyond disastrous for the game. That NEEDS to be fixed before the public at large can play this.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
If it doesn't load, quit the game and relaunch, it'll throw you right into the mission/mode you chose
What was crazy was that towards the end of the demo button prompts on my controller stopped working at the title screen. So I'd hit the infinite load glitch, close the game, restart, hit the title screen, hit X to rejoin and .... nothing. Even hitting Triangle to pull up the settings wouldn't work. Couldn't find a consistent behavior to that either. Sometimes if I sat there and kept hitting X for 30 seconds it would eventually start. Sometimes I could restart the game again and it would work immediately. Sometimes it wouldn't. It was frustrating the hell out of me and the fact that I kept trying to get back in is a testament to the good time I was having when I could get in.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
BW at the minimum need to fix 2 things for the open demo.
  1. The obvious 95% loading bug.
  2. Overall platform optimization but at the very least they need to have the consoles run more than mid 20's fps.
If they let any of the above issues continue to linger into the open demo, this demo campaign will pretty much be a right off.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Seems like it. On top of that, you're always instantly match made with 4 players even in free roam, so friends can't drop in or out since free roam is locked to public matchmaking (no private option). Even worse, there's no way to change who the party leader is, so if that person leaves, everyone else gets kicked back to the fort.
Party leadership can be changed in the full game.

Status
Not open for further replies.