• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Just had one of my first villagers move out, Axel. He was a good lad and I wanted him to stay, but his house can never get better and I felt bad for him so I just let him go.

I bought a bunch of Nook Miles tickets to find a replacement, looking out for any of Mitzi, Lolly, Bob, Goldie, Aurora or Eloise, but found Astrid the Kangaroo on my first island and grabbed her because she looks really cool. I've been playing since the GC original and have never encountered any, so I didn't know there were any Kangaroo villagers and as an Australian, feel compelled to have one on my island.

I'll just force one of my other villagers out soon so I can keep bringing ones I want in.

I really really reeeeeeeeeeeeally just want Tiffany to leave, I hate her so much.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
In many ways it is indisputably better than New Leaf IMO, but there are some things i really miss.

i thought for sure the seaplane would let us visit more NPC islands. I liked all the old shops and stuff from the city. I miss seeing a lot of the old NPCs. I'm sure many will yet appear in the future, but where do characters like this fit in now:

Dr Shrunk
Rover
Resetti
Gracie
Pete
Porter
Phyllis
Tortimer
Harriet
Reese
Cyrus
Etc

The consolidation of features into certain characters/places feels almost like a shrink backwards. You know like, i miss the hair salon and comedy club. Stuff like that. In a lot of ways the absence of these characters and places makes the world of New Horizons feel smaller. It's honestly kind of lame that a lot of NPCs don't have their own location anymore, they just randomly show up wandering around. Like, no observatory means no constellations, Celeste is just randomly there one day so that means meteors. Yay.

while I appreciate that each game does have its unique appeals, it is also a series so quickly made obsolete by its QoL improvements. I don't have any desire to go back to the older games because that would mean going back to old bullshit that got improved. It's not like going back and playing an old Zelda or Mario or even Smash Bros. These games kind of replace each other so you want the latest entry to be the ultimate one to-date.

I agree going back to New Leaf it feel dated, but all the things you pointed that are missing, is the reason why i just cant atm put it over New Leaf. With all the DLCs in the future, they will add what mostly missing and hopefully new stuff to make it the ultimate Animal Crossing. But atm, im enjoying it, but at the same time, after buying all the stuff from nook miles, fully paid my house, set up my island to my liking, i dont even know why im collecting money and nook miles, even dont know whats the purpose of going to another nook ticket island. Still doing the daily routine, shaking trees, fixing a little thing here and there, getting a few new items, but we need more to do.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean he sells you pretty cheap REAL paintings (accidentally?) so yeah he's not bad.

He's bad at his job, which is ripping off trusting citizens, but his inability to properly skeeze doesn't mean that he's not a skeezer.

But he's the type of skeezer I'd love to buy a drink for while listening to his stories about trying to rip everyone off.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
There's no way to really force anyone out unless you have amiibo cards of the ones you want
I don't know if it's an actual thing, but I've found there are designated 'move out' days, on which a villager will ask you about moving out. I time jumped around a bit to get more fossils, and found that every time I jumped to April 30 on my file, one of my villagers had the lightbulb above their head. Go back to the current date, then jump again to April 30, and it's shifted to a different villager. I haven't tried again after Axel left (I was trying to force Tiffany out, but after six tries she never got the lightbulb, Axel got it three times so I just let him go), so I don't know if you can use the same day more than once.

monsterboysp

Oct 30, 2017
This inability to have no more than 8 inclines is kinda annoying right at the moment for me. I can't finish off my island the way I want it *grumpy face*

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
This inability to have no more than 8 inclines is kinda annoying right at the moment for me. I can't finish off my island the way I want it *grumpy face*
I kind of hate the limits placed on bridges and inclines in general. It's crazy to me that a bridge absolutely has to be placed over water that exists on the same level and can't be used to bridge two elevated sections of ground in a way that'd allow you to walk underneath the bridge.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Were the lazies always so gross? I don't remember them saying things comparable to sucking the stains out of their clothing or making friends with the bugs in the floor in the previous games.

At least Lucky's a mummy, so I can wave off his love of insects and stuff lol.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
I don't know if it's an actual thing, but I've found there are designated 'move out' days, on which a villager will ask you about moving out. I time jumped around a bit to get more fossils, and found that every time I jumped to April 30 on my file, one of my villagers had the lightbulb above their head. Go back to the current date, then jump again to April 30, and it's shifted to a different villager. I haven't tried again after Axel left (I was trying to force Tiffany out, but after six tries she never got the lightbulb, Axel got it three times so I just let him go), so I don't know if you can use the same day more than once.
Yeah, time travel is the only way that works.
You just have to keep time travelling until the one you don't like decides to move.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
So, Flick appears at random? I was pretty sure he appeared on Fridays since the past two weeks I've seen him on my island those days but apparently not?

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not to be that guy but when does this game pick up? I just built a campsite and now I've got nothing to do till tomorrow all day. But I do the same thing every day. Smack trees and rocks for materials, dig up some fossils, pluck up branches and weeds, build something, stop playing. It's getting aggravating.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey lovely people, i have a proposition for those who want it, never played co-op or AC before this game!

My island is full of peaches, coconuts and oranges right now and I'd like even more variety! Have pears, apples or cherries? Feel free to visit my island, I'll give you my dodo code, is that enough?

Pm please, hopefully this is the right place for this lol.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Were the lazies always so gross? I don't remember them saying things comparable to sucking the stains out of their clothing or making friends with the bugs in the floor in the previous games.

At least Lucky's a mummy, so I can wave off his love of insects and stuff lol.
Is this just the English translation maybe? I haven't noticed my lazy villager saying this kind of stuff in Japanese. I do switch to English occasionally and notice that the dialogue is in general more "colorful".

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Is this just the English translation maybe? I haven't noticed my lazy villager saying this kind of stuff in Japanese. I do switch to English occasionally and notice that the dialogue is in general more "colorful".
It's possible. In English, they talk about bugs and food a lot, and their dialogue suggests that they are very unhygienic lol.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
I had an empty housing site but didnt invite anyone or saw anyone at campsite. But the next morning, I saw the housing spot sold.. does this happen randomly?

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I know I'm lttp but I bought a Switch Lite for my gf for our anniversary and we are both downloading Animal Crossing right now and I'm excited.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I had an empty housing site but didnt invite anyone or saw anyone at campsite. But the next morning, I saw the housing spot sold.. does this happen randomly?
It's almost guaranteed to happen if you let an unsold plot roll over to the next day. If you want to pick someone yourself, you need to hop Nook Miles islands while the plot is empty to try to find someone. There will be villagers on the Miles islands whenever you have an empty, unsold plot.

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
Decided to give up the original setting of my house to go all in for Fengshui.

Seems worth it, after all these days of repetitive stuff selling in the shop and dropping with the balloons.
Finally come across something new of both furnitures and clothings.

Last edited:

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
With the nerfs to peacock butterflies and tarantulas it seems the stalk market is the way to go...so I'm saving up for Sunday. We need those bridges and inclines built! And houses moved!

Really no reason not to - the Era discord for turnips has been incredibly friendly and intuitive.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Animal Crossing: New Horizons director Aya Kyogoku spoke about the approach to future updates in an interview with CNET. Although Kyogoku wouldn't dive into any specifics, she did mention that Nintendo is looking to continue surprising players "in two years or three years down the road".

Kyogoku's full words:
"…Animal Crossing is a game where you're able to enjoy seasonal changes throughout the year, and it syncs with real time and through that you are able to basically sync your real life with the game. We want to make sure that in two years or three years down the road, players will still continue to find new surprises in the game. So we hope to create an update that you can do that with."
nintendoeverything.com

Animal Crossing: New Horizons devs hope updates give surprises for years to come

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is introducing something we didn’t really see with previous games. The Switch title is receiving regular updates, which are primarily tied into seasonal events. Bunny Day kicked things off right around launch, and the game is continuing to go strong with Nature Day...

Excellent.

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
I forget, when the artwork is displayed in the museum, is it displayed as "twinkling, normal, etc. painting" or as the actual name of the artwork like "Mona Lisa"?

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
nintendoeverything.com

Animal Crossing: New Horizons devs hope updates give surprises for years to come

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is introducing something we didn’t really see with previous games. The Switch title is receiving regular updates, which are primarily tied into seasonal events. Bunny Day kicked things off right around launch, and the game is continuing to go strong with Nature Day...

Excellent.
This gives me hope. There is a god and he loves me and Tom alike

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
EWbSf61UMAASeFq

Cousins

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
nintendoeverything.com

Excellent.

Damn, I won't be playing anything else for 2 or 3 years.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change spawn rates? I want to grind a bit of money today to keep for turnips on Sunday, need to know if the tarantula trick is still doable.

They did. The tarantula change was not very severe, but the peacock butterfly change was. I'm assuming you could still do the tarantula trick it just may take longer to catch all the ones you want.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to KeyPit, Javi and Harris helping me water flowers yesterday, my roses spawned stuff like crazy - 2 new blacks, 2 new purples, a whole buncha orange and pink.
Sadly no new other hybrids beyond like one orange cosmos, but still, thanks a lot you guys.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What really sucks is that if you accidentally choose the wrong building to move, you're locked in forever and ever. You can't change it up once Nook gives you the kit. :/

Edit:
Oh, looks like snails also appear on grown shrubs.

Last edited:

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I met Beau on a mystery island and invited him to live on my island. Did I do good? This is my first Animal Crossing so I don't know who most of the popular villagers are. He seems cool, though!

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I met Beau on a mystery island and invited him to live on my island. Did I do good? This is my first Animal Crossing so I don't know who most of the popular villagers are. He seems cool, though!
Do you care about getting popular villagers? If so, he's relatively popular.

From a game perspective, it doesn't make a difference, save for the spread of personalities on your island. IMO, focus on getting villagers that appeal to you personally, and don't worry about popularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.