• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
pGiWyY7.jpg

Looks pretty similar to the "high end" system.

We can try to arrange a visit later. I don't know how much I'll be playing today, but I'll shoot you a PM if the opportunity presents itself.

I literally only have the massive old 'cupboard' radio so that would be great if I can buy and you catalog. Let me know at your convenience

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So first Nook lowers my interest rate and then he tries to rob me blind with overpriced wares? This dude knows I'm sitting on 2 mil with no plans to pay off that last loan any time soon 😅

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you so much to everyone who visited for the meteor shower yesterday and watered my flowers. I've never seen so many new purple hyacinth buds in a single day before!

On that note - Twiggy is crafting a cherry lamp, does anyone want to come and visit for the recipe?

I was a big fan of your island, Red Arremer . You and cupcakeunicorn have created some of my favourite islands I have had the chance to run around. Nice layouts, trees and flowers everywhere. I'm not looking for 5 stars as I know achieving it will mean loads of decorations and fences.
Thank you! I never had a grand plan for my island, it call came together pretty organically and I'm really happy with it.
Claudia is.... that bitch.
Haha, she's wonderful.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I took a gamble. I was admittedly kind of losing steam on keeping up with Animal Crossing, so I managed to psych myself up over the idea of custom-terraforming my island. Not to any specific template or anything, just trying to stuff in creative ideas here and there that would make it interesting to navigate and feel a sense of ownership over its custom layout from top to bottom. I spent HOURS wiping out or moving the plant life across my island to give me as much a sense of carte blanche as I could have in terms of terraforming things — it is truly nearly barren, save for a few trees I preserved for resources and some flower varities I wanted to carry forward to the new look and feel of my island.

Buuuut the terraforming controls and general restrictions I face make it feel like a constant barrier, transforming the experience of feeling like an artist going to canvas to feeling like I'm failing to learn some arcane language to communicate my task in, and then when I finally feel like I have an a-ha moment, I run into a ton of restrictions that kind of kill the idea I thought up.

I can't easily curve corners on cliffs and water in some positions, for instance. The fact that everything happens at a real-time pace and you're limited to a single construction project per day really slows things down. I can't easily move resident houses out of the way to make room for ideas as they happen, etc... I mean, time travel is an option, but there is a certain tedium I've lost the patience for when it comes to backing out to my system menu to set the time to a desired value that I just don't want to put up with anymore.

I admit, I brought this ruin upon myself — I should have experimented in small scale with these tools ahead of time to become better acquainted, but now my island is barren of the vast majority of its plant life and most of its natural layout is demolished, and I can't be assed to try and piece it back together or even exhausted what little sense of creative spark I have left.

I think I might have to leave this game behind, my island now a desolate, bare form of what it was before. I didn't have a sense of ownership of what I had before, but it at least had started to feel lived in, and I've spent hours tearing it all down now and there's no reset button to rely on to say "oops, I guess I do not have the creative fever to follow through on this anymore."

Game's not bad, I did have fun for the ~150 hours or so it took to get me to this point, buuuuuut I've passed a point of no return that has kind of killed my energy with this game. Again, a lot of the fault is on me for not experimenting with the tools ahead of trying to turn my island into a temporary blank canvas to experiment on, and I went biiiiig on some formations only to find out they weren't as cool as I had been dreaming.

Game will probably still be one of my top games — if not the absolute top — of the year... But I can't play this anymore, knowing my options are either nuke my island from orbit and start completely over or painstakingly reverse these 25 or so hours of wild (but restricted) experimentation.

Andrin

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Managed to find Audie on the first island expedition I went out on today after I had a villager move out yesterday. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes the game is really nice to me.

dheophe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone ever meet again with Villager that has move out? It's kind of weird since they forget memory they have in my Island.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm not looking for 5 stars as I know achieving it will...
Getting to 5 stars isn't even that hard. If you naturally use all the stuff the game offers you, you can reach 5 stars without even trying.
I'm guessing those don't reproduce on their own like most other flowers?
Nope. You need a 5 star rating so they keep on spawning randomly. I probably got lucky? I'm getting them pretty frequently every three or four days. It will take a veeeeeeery long time to fill my designated spot with them.
Managed to find Audie on the first island expedition I went out on today after I had a villager move out yesterday. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes the game is really nice to me.
Congratulations. You should go and buy a lottery ticket today :D

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Are there any KK songs that can only be acquired by request? And if you ask him to play whatever is it literally whatever, and you can get one you already have? And does the Nook shop have a limited selection or also everything randomly?

Is it best to just look up a list so you can request something new each time?

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Game gave me Audie as a default for forgetting to invite a villager to a new home ASAP.
Was pissed when I saw the SOLD sign but was pleasantly relieved once I googled her and saw she would be a hip wolf.

... Had no idea she was in such high demand. I mean, I get that she's a new one and you can't Amiibo spoof the new ones but over all she's just a cool af wolf girl with sun glasses. Her charm HAS cemented her a spot on my island, safe from the culling (I'm kicking ALL these fuckers out 1 by 1 outside of her and now Goldie). But I don't think she's some rare color or w/e like odd-eyes cat or Judy.

Welp, Once I wake up my journey to find Judy starts. Starry eyed cotton candy colored cub ... that's a shiny if I ever seen one.

Nol

Oct 26, 2017
trying to get rid of my duplicate diy's if anyone wants any of these:
- cherry-blossom branches
- bamboo doll
- natural garden table
- log dining table
-steamer basket set x3
- bamboo noodle slide
- bamboo wand
- beekeeper hive
- backyard lawn
- wooden block table

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- fruit wreath
- mum cushion
- golden dung beetle
- natural garden table
- knight's helmet
- cherry lamp
- orange dress
-steamer basket set x3
- bamboo noodle slide
- bamboo partition
- beekeeper hive
- backyard lawn
I don't have any of these...

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Are there any KK songs that can only be acquired by request? And if you ask him to play whatever is it literally whatever, and you can get one you already have? And does the Nook shop have a limited selection or also everything randomly?

Seems only 3 are Request Only:

Animal City
Drivin'
Farewell

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
So I've fully paid off all of my loans and have 4 mill in the bank and it almost feels like the game is only starting now lol. I have no ducking idea what to do with my island and it's gonna take tens of hours to get it looking decent

Apr 19, 2020
I've not seen a single peacock butterfly in time I've had the game. Do they not spawn by pink windflowers? Haven't had luck producing any other hybrids

Oct 27, 2017
I've not seen a single peacock butterfly in time I've had the game. Do they not spawn by pink windflowers? Haven't had luck producing any other hybrids
You need purple or blue flowers.

If you haven't had any luck crossbreeding flowers, you can find blue flowers on a hybrid flower mystery island. Or, I have some spare purple mums I could plant on your island if you want.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Mouldy already told you the 3 secret ones.
The Nook shop has all of the KK songs available in its rotation except for those 3 and Welcome Horizons (which you get at the 3 star KK concert). If you want to be the most effective, your best option is to request those secret ones first, and then just look and see which of the songs you don't have yet and request those.

Also, no idea if he picks one you don't have if you pick him playing whatever.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I wonder if you need to tell him the names of the songs in the language you're playing in. No idea what they're called in German, if so.

nookipedia.com

Animal City

"Animal City" is a K.K. Slider song that first appears in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. The song is a cover of music played in the city in Animal Crossing: City Folk...

nookipedia.com

Drivin'

"Drivin'" is a K.K. Slider song that first appears in Animal Crossing: New Leaf as a live-only performance, and with an aircheck version in Animal Crossing: New...

nookipedia.com

Farewell

"Farewell" is a K.K. Slider song that first appears in Animal Crossing: New Leaf as a live-only performance, and with an aircheck version in Animal Crossing: New...

These have the German Names I think

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game gave me Audie as a default for forgetting to invite a villager to a new home ASAP.
Was pissed when I saw the SOLD sign but was pleasantly relieved once I googled her and saw she would be a hip wolf.

... Had no idea she was in such high demand. I mean, I get that she's a new one and you can't Amiibo spoof the new ones but over all she's just a cool af wolf girl with sun glasses. Her charm HAS cemented her a spot on my island, safe from the culling (I'm kicking ALL these fuckers out 1 by 1 outside of her and now Goldie). But I don't think she's some rare color or w/e like odd-eyes cat or Judy.

Welp, Once I wake up my journey to find Judy starts. Starry eyed cotton candy colored cub ... that's a shiny if I ever seen one.

She's new, she's the first and only peppy wolf villager (and all wolf villagers are inherently popular) and, what makes her in such high demand as well is that she is named after the 87-year old granny that poured thousands of hours into the 3DS game.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's any hybrid flowers for peacocks. It's just that they got their spawn rate heavily reduced, so they're a bit more rare. Still not super rare, I caught a bunch yesterday without even trying to.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
- fruit wreath
- mum cushion
- golden dung beetle
- bamboo doll
- natural garden table
- knight's helmet
- log dining table
-western style stone
- cherry lamp
- orange dress
-steamer basket set x3
- bamboo noodle slide
- bamboo partition
- bamboo wand
- beekeeper hive
- backyard lawn
- wooden block table
I need that fruit wreath :O

Do you want anything special?

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
nookipedia.com

Animal City

"Animal City" is a K.K. Slider song that first appears in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. The song is a cover of music played in the city in Animal Crossing: City Folk...

nookipedia.com

Drivin'

"Drivin'" is a K.K. Slider song that first appears in Animal Crossing: New Leaf as a live-only performance, and with an aircheck version in Animal Crossing: New...

nookipedia.com

Farewell

"Farewell" is a K.K. Slider song that first appears in Animal Crossing: New Leaf as a live-only performance, and with an aircheck version in Animal Crossing: New...

These have the German Names I think
Thanks a lot! Didn't know there was more than AC wiki out there, and the other one doesn't have names in different languages.

Andrin

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
- fruit wreath
- mum cushion
- golden dung beetle
- bamboo doll
- natural garden table
- knight's helmet
- log dining table
-western style stone
- cherry lamp
- orange dress
-steamer basket set x3
- bamboo noodle slide
- bamboo partition
- bamboo wand
- beekeeper hive
- backyard lawn
- wooden block table

There are a bunch of those that I don't have. Would you mind trading a few for some of mine? I'll look through the ones I have lying around and list them here as soon as I can.
I'm particularly interested in the golden dung beetle, knight's helmet, western style stone and mum cushion.

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
Bam! What are you wearing?? Ahahaha. Sometimes this game really makes me laugh.

I delivered the gift that Raymond wanted him to have and it was a bath towel. Didn't know that he'll actually wear it out!
EWa2QpRUYAAypss

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
- fruit wreath
- mum cushion
- golden dung beetle
- bamboo doll
- natural garden table
- knight's helmet
- log dining table
-western style stone
- cherry lamp
- orange dress
-steamer basket set x3
- bamboo noodle slide
- bamboo partition
- bamboo wand
- beekeeper hive
- backyard lawn
- wooden block table

I'd love the dung beetle, knight's helmet, fruit wreath and/or orange dress. Bamboo partition I don't have but is by no means a priority.
I can offer pot, water pump, acoustic guitar, or steel-frame wall.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
She's new, she's the first and only peppy wolf villager (and all wolf villagers are inherently popular) and, what makes her in such high demand as well is that she is named after the 87-year old granny that poured thousands of hours into the 3DS game.

AWWWWWWWwwww :o
That's so sweet!

I remember thinking she was gonna be an old tiger or something when I read the name cause of how old fashion the name is, so nice to know that she's named after an older hardcore fan! Makes her even more of a lock for my island.

Didn't know Wolf peeps were Popular, figured people would gravitate towards the bear cubs.

Nol

Oct 26, 2017
There are a bunch of those that I don't have. Would you mind trading a few for some of mine? I'll look through the ones I have lying around and list them here as soon as I can.
I'm particularly interested in the golden dung beetle, knight's helmet, western style stone and mum cushion.

I need that fruit wreath :O

Do you want anything special?

Sorry, someone else already asked for the golden dung beetle, knight's helmet, and fruit wreath. I still have the western style stone and mum cushion though.

I'd love the dung beetle, knight's helmet, fruit wreath and/or orange dress. Bamboo partition I don't have but is by no means a priority.
I can offer pot, water pump, acoustic guitar, or steel-frame wall.

I'll trade the orange dress and bamboo partition for acoustic guitar if you're up for it

Andrin

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Here's a list of extra DIY recipes I have that I'd be willing to trade:
Green-leaf pile x3
Bamboo-shoot lamp
Stone lion-dog
Wooden-block table
Pansy table
Bonfire
Shell bed
Bamboo bench
Dark wooden-mosaic wall
Plain wooden shop sign
Rustic-stone wall

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, someone else already asked for the golden dung beetle, knight's helmet, and fruit wreath. I still have the western style stone and mum cushion though.

I'll trade the orange dress and bamboo partition for acoustic guitar if you're up for it

Sounds good to me!

Here's a list of extra DIY recipes I have that I'd be willing to trade:
Green-leaf pile x3
Bamboo-shoot lamp
Stone lion-dog
Wooden-block table
Pansy table
Bonfire
Shell bed
Bamboo bench
Dark wooden-mosaic wall
Plain wooden shop sign
Rustic-stone wall

I'd be interested in the stone liondog and bamboo bench!
As said above, I can offer pot, water pump, or steel-frame wall - since acoustic guitar's already taken.

Also, I have a HUGE list of clothing and furniture that I'm willing to give away to trade for DIYs:
docs.google.com

AC New Horizons ~ Excess Furniture/Clothing

Sheet1 Furniture,Clothes (tops/bottoms),Clothes (costumes),Clothes (hats),Clothes (footwear/bags),Misc. Baby chair white,Apron green,Alpinist dress red,Balloon hat green/yellow,Holey socks white,Camo umbrella Box corner sofa pink,Biker jacket yellow,Alpinist dress green,Bicycle helmet orange,Neo...

Andrin

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Sounds good to me!

I'd be interested in the stone liondog and bamboo bench!
As said above, I can offer pot, water pump, or steel-frame wall - since acoustic guitar's already taken.

Also, I have a HUGE list of clothing and furniture that I'm willing to give away to trade for DIYs:
docs.google.com

AC New Horizons ~ Excess Furniture/Clothing

Sheet1 Furniture,Clothes (tops/bottoms),Clothes (costumes),Clothes (hats),Clothes (footwear/bags),Misc. Baby chair white,Apron green,Alpinist dress red,Balloon hat green/yellow,Holey socks white,Camo umbrella Box corner sofa pink,Biker jacket yellow,Alpinist dress green,Bicycle helmet orange,Neo...

I'd be more than happy to trade them for the water pump recipe and a gong.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Do purple/blue spawn from a single one or do you need at least two? I have a few purple/blue randomly spawned but only 1 for the flower types

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Spare DIYs. Whoever lets me buy some lily seeds from their crany can pick up as many as they want.

Orange End Table
Classic Library Wall
Wooden Bookshelf
Wooden Chair
Wooden-block bed
Wild Wood Wall
Log Stool
Birdhouse
Golden Seat
Sandy Beach Flooring
Windflower Fan
Traditional Balancing Toy