• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 10, 2018
How so? Because of the weight advantage? Cause that is all he has.

But I don't think he takes this fight.
Cyborg is much, much smaller and lighter than Jake Paul. That shit matters in combat sports.
I'm completely ignorant on Nunes' fighting style, but yeah it's basically the weight advantage and the fact that's it's a boxing match that leads me to believe that Paul may have a chance. But if Nunes is a decent boxer, then I could see Paul getting wrecked.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I'm completely ignorant on Nunes' fighting style, but yeah it's basically the weight advantage and the fact that's it's a boxing match that leads me to believe that Paul may have a chance. But if Nunes is a decent boxer, then I could see Paul getting wrecked.

as Great of a fighter Nunes is, I don't think she has the power to knock out someone with those size advantages. Weight classes exist for a reason. And as much of an assclown as Jake Paul is, he seems to be fairly serious about this boxing thing, don't get me wrong I think he'd get destroyed by a legit boxer closer to his size, but likely not by a woman who is giving up 4-5 inches and 40-50 lbs.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Didn't this guy call out mcgregor? Calling his wife a 4 and offering him $50million guaranteed for a fight ?

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
as Great of a fighter Nunes is, I don't think she has the power to knock out someone with those size advantages. Weight classes exist for a reason. And as much of an assclown as Jake Paul is, he seems to be fairly serious about this boxing thing, don't get me wrong I think he'd get destroyed by a legit boxer closer to his size, but likely not by a woman who is giving up 4-5 inches and 40-50 lbs.

You have a solid point here with the height and weight advantage. I still think Nunez will outclass Paul in striking here, and if they are going by MMA rules, she will be able to kick his legs to wear him down. Not to mention take downs. Unless Paul have been training MMA, I don't think he will be able to handle Nunez at all.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Nunes is a professional kickboxer / boxer / wrestler isn't she? Plus she spars with men.

Plus she's a professional fighter. Holy holmes would also knock out Jake paul. That's like saying if either hit him đź’Ż in the stomach he'd laugh and walk away. A jaw is a jaw. Not like the weight goes to padding it.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Nunes is a professional kickboxer / boxer / wrestler isn't she? Plus she spars with men.

Plus she's a professional fighter. Holy holmes would also knock out Jake paul. That's like saying if either hit him đź’Ż in the stomach he'd laugh and walk away. A jaw is a jaw. Not like the weight goes to padding it.

Im 6'1 and 220 lbs. I have 0 doubts that Amanda nunes would knock me out if I fought her with some training under my belt.

Meant to add this to my post not reply to myself.

See she has me shook just thinking about it!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
There's no way he'd actually do it, he'd spout some misogynistic shit about not fighting women or that his agents have advised against it or something

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She's not a boxer, and he outweighs her by a lot.

This is almost (but not quite) as stupid as the Rousey/Mayweather crap.

TraBuch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Paul would get wrecked by any boxer not even ranked in the top 10 of his division.

He's be rated the same as he is now by anyone with half a brain, because this match would have endless asterisks tacked on.
I don't mean as a fighter, the reaction to a man beating up a woman in a professional fight. People have a hard enough time as is with intergender wrestling, what would the optics of an intergender fight be?

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hypothetically, what happens if he knocks her out? How would people react to that?
The "women must be protected at all costs" people would look down on him for hitting a woman.

The combat sports fans would look down on him for beating a non-boxer who he outweighs by probably 60 lbs.

His fanbase and the women-haters of the world would cum in their pants.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
As much of a shmuck Jake Paul is, Nunes would get bodied. I'm also not sure if Conor would be able to get the finish everyone is assuming he'll get. MMA fighters' boxing is very mediocre compared to legit pros (Even though Paul is shit). The size advantage will make a legit impact. Mark Hunt vs Galen is what can happen if you fight in the wrong sport. Best to stay away from this clown show.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nunes is a great fighter, one of the 3 best ladies to ever fight in MMA probably, but honestly Jake Paul is probably too much for her physically. He'd probably TKO her. She'd beat an untrained man... but he's been boxing two years now. Too big of a gulf between them in size and strength.

Let him fight McGregor instead.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Jake would probably knock Amanda the fuck out to be honest..

She should not put herself in such a position.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
All of these internet celebrities can punch each other for money all they want as far as I'm concerned. I just find it depressing that I know who Jake Paul even is, and that it seems like it's a race to wealth to be the least interesting, least intelligent, least funny, least witty, or least talented person these days. Are you a funny scholar trying their best to inform the public and help humanity? Congratulations, you get to compete with 5,000 other extremely bright and well-meaning people for the handful of jobs left out there that can afford you that.

Are you a huge piece of boring shit with nothing interesting to say but can arrest the attention of ten million 12 year olds on YouTube? Congrats, here's millions of dollars and the attention of every talkshow host and media outlet out there. Stride forth and knock humanity and civilization down a few more pegs - have fun!

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't have any interest in watching, but I support her using this douche to get a bag

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The whole conversation around that was straight up clown shit. Rogan crying on his podcast, calling her a once in a lifetime athlete etc.
I still hear edmuns desperate cries for head movement in the nunes fight. Lmao

I thought it was illegal to mention Edmond without posting this

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was illegal to mention Edmond without posting this

1*YZmoHM5nH-ThDMgM1H-qoA.gif

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Cyborg is much, much smaller and lighter than Jake Paul. That shit matters in combat sports.
Do know what's Amanda's suggesting her fight weight for this hypothetical match? 145? 155? Even if she doesn't cut down beyond her old walking weight of 160ish, that's still nearly 30 lbs below what Paul weighed in at vs Nate Robinson.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in UFC terms this is a Bantamweight vs a Light Heavy at worse and Welterweight vs a Light Heavy at best. The only good thing I can say is - at least Paul doesn't have the height of a Jon Jones to go with that weight advantage.

Arken

Jan 14, 2018
Seattle
I maybe a tad idiotic but I'm fairly certain this dude would destroy Nunes. He's significantly bigger, stronger and still probably faster with some training.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
The lighter UFC weight classes have trouble knocking each other out. Trying to hurt someone with that kind of weight advantage is a big fucking ask.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Reminds me of when Regina Halmich went against Stafan Raab (German moderator, bigger and heavier than her), whom she bodied twice. Then again this Jake clown apparently trained a bit, so that might complicate matters.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of when Regina Halmich went against Stafan Raab (German moderator, bigger and heavier than her), whom she bodied twice. Then again this Jake clown apparently trained a bit, so that might complicate matters.

that was also an actual boxer vs a middle aged schlubby tv host, not a 23 year old in his physical prime who has been training in actual boxing for 2-3 years.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
So i pretty much hate Jake Paul but he has trained for 3 years and from all accounts is getting the best coaching money can buy. He has knocked out multiple youtubers and 1 NBA athlete.
Like not saying his pro but he is actually pretty decent at boxing, add to the fact its a boxing match not a MMA match he could win on points alone.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
The lighter UFC weight classes have trouble knocking each other out. Trying to hurt someone with that kind of weight advantage is a big fucking ask.

Nunes takes feet to the head. Which if we're doing like pressure per square inch... Its not exactly like shes a frail woman. I doubt any of us could take a 100% force punch from Amanda nunes to the chin.

She fights professionally. That has the advantage, i'd put money on nunes for this. As, all he has is weight(?) which some how comes into effect anywhere outside of leaning his weight on her. To where we'd all see he clearly isn't just going to walk to the ring, 1 punch a professional athlete, then go home.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
Nunes takes feet to the head. Which if we're doing like pressure per square inch... Its not exactly like shes a frail woman. I doubt any of us could take a 100% force punch from Amanda nunes to the chin.

She fights professionally. That has the advantage, i'd put money on nunes for this. As, all he has is weight(?) which some how comes into effect anywhere outside of leaning his weight on her. To where we'd all see he clearly isn't just going to walk to the ring, 1 punch a professional athlete, then go home.

I genuinely think he would win on points no knock out. MMA is so different to boxing. MMA fight she would batter him boxing i think Jake wins

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

size/weight comes into play in terms of how much power a person can absorb from their opponent too. Amanda has power when she is punching other women of a similar size/weight, and with much smaller gloves.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017

Boxing might be a little overkill in terms of weight classes, but they exist for a reason. He's also got an enormous height/reach advantage. Without the threat of a takedown, Nunes doesn't have a whole lot going for her in this matchup.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
Let me precede this by saying I know nothing about MMA or boxing, so ya know...

But if he's got such a size advantage, shouldn't they be playing by MMA rules instead of boxing rules to make it a fair fight?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Let me precede this by saying I know nothing about MMA or boxing, so ya know...

But if he's got such a size advantage, shouldn't they be playing by MMA rules instead of boxing rules to make it a fair fight?

there are no rules to play by because this isn't going to actually happen, but the hypothetical is a boxing match because Amanda specifically challenged Paul to a boxing match.

edit: to clarify, it seems more like Dana White challenged Paul to a boxing match on Amanda": behalf.

Last edited:

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Jake's not gonna fuck up the Mayweather double feature after his brother gets beaten. Don't see him chasing this (and he'd probably destroy her)

Oscar de la Hoya drank ALL of that koolaid

screen-shot-2015-10-27-at-11-59-18-am.jpg
I'm dying at that image. The moment she met a a pretty good boxer/kickboxer she got worked. Then came back and got worked again by an expert striker (Nunes).