• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Wrong. The OS interface is being updated on both Xbox One and Series X. It's not out yet.
From what I know, it's going to be mostly the same. Didn't Tom Warren say something akin to that?

Of course the OS and especially the guide is being steadily updated even now, so true it won't be exactly like the console today.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
they have shown the indie games earlier. Now its time for first party and 3rd party big games.

That's a good point, actually. Though I think people will be surprised by The Medium and Scorn, in terms of the number of AAAs they'll contain. Imn terms of indie exclusives (timed or otherwise) MS have opted for games more to my taste this time than Sony, with those two, and The Ascent.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
I am not complaining about games being shown. I am disappointed that part of the info seems to be held back again.
You used "the words"!
LarryDavid-faint-CurbYourEnthusiasm-fall-passout-1348523706L.gif

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
We have seen how the is is in action? What other features the console has. As far as chat? Like discord? Or a improved LFG system? Or any other features.

I am not complaining about games being shown. I am disappointed that part of the info seems to be held back again.
"Xbox Games Showcase" should have given you an idea about the focus. August is platform and services and has been for a while (delayed out of June)

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Man I can't wait for the inevitable live stream of Sony and MS, together, vowing to say their console prices at the same time and neither one being able to do it.

Them both being all shy and coy and giggling

...and then they fuck, I guess?

Also say something about Fable. Don't care if it's a scribbled note in the background that's spelled incorrectly. Just do it!

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly am ready for a 2-hour presentation that focuses on games, services, hardware, and launch details, but I didn't expect that out of this, so I'm good with games. Gimme Halooooo.

Expected a longer show than just one hour though, given the amount MS has to show.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good to know ahead of time there'll be no Lockheart/date/price info.

1 hour is good, assuming we don't lose 15-20 mins to one gameplay demo.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Was hoping for a Series S reveal, curious to see what that's going to be and how they're gonna message it.
I guess that'll be in August, but a tease would be cool.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I'm so confused. Why did anyone expect anything but games from the "Xbox Games Conference"??

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really ready for a new Forza this year. Will take Motorsport or Horizon.

Other than that, it's all about Halo for me. If we come out of this thing with a solid understanding of what Halo Infinite is and looks like, a new Forza and at least one other cool looking surprise then I'm good.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Let's hope "just games" means "just gameplay footage" this time. Still remember all zero seconds of actual gameplay footage from the AC Valhalla "gameplay" trailer from the last event.
There is nothing wrong showing both gameplay and trailers. And you're already setting yourself up for disappointment if you think it will all be gameplay. I'm sure Forza, Halo will be gameplay related-focused, but they probably have something like Fable which will be a nice story trailer for the future similar to Horizon.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
From what I know, it's going to be mostly the same. Didn't Tom Warren say something akin to that?

We know a few things:

1.) They recently pushed out a new design on Xbox One, and are still tweaking/changing things via insider/preview builds. (I think this is what you were suggesting in a previous post)

2.) We know Series X will have new features, such as multi-game suspend and resume

3.) We know the Store is getting rebuilt, and will have a brand new UI

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Greenberg doing a "temper your expectations" tweet is not something you see every day.
Hopefully their generally-underwhelming 3rd party show plus Sony knocking it out of the park with their last show taught them something.

Good to know as well, I don't have to stay up to watch it if no hardware/price announcements. :)

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
That's what I want. Make a separate boring event about hardware or businesses.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
We know a few things:

1.) They recently pushed out a new design on Xbox One, and are still tweaking/changing things via insider/preview builds. (I think this is what you were suggesting in a previous post)

2.) We know Series X will have new features, such as multi-game suspend and resume

3.) We know the Store is getting rebuilt, and will have a brand new UI

Oh yeah, the store is going to be a big change.
I think the guide will stay mostly the same. And I'm more curious about the current home screen.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
Sorry but I had to do it.

This reveal might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew they said it wasn't going to be business of hardware but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew business or hardware was expected, they should've cancelled the announcement.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Good! Hopefully they've learned their lesson from their previous event and watching Sony's reveal a few weeks ago. Also hoping for actual gameplay and not just in-engine footage.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
No price is just getting silly. I swear they will wait until launch day to tell us the price at this point.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Kinda reasonable since there's still another presentation in August.

With the lockhart releasing later on instead of day and date with the series x. They can still announce it later on.

Only games is cool. There's still other events before actual release for other stuff.

Aug 23, 2018
The person making the original post was quite rambunctious but do people really not understand why the lack of any news outside of games might annoy people this close to release?

Look at the price, for instance. People need to budget for stuff ahead of time, and whether the Series X is $400, $500 or maybe even more is kind of important in letting people do that. Same goes for the release date; "Holiday 2020," can mean anytime between the start of October and Christmas, and that could make the difference in being able to save up for this on time or not. Hell, we don't even know if a crucial pillar of Microsoft's console strategy this gen even exists, and it makes one wonder whether Microsoft is actually going to spring an entirely new revision on us a few months before releas.e. Who knows, really?

Games being shown is great, but when you really don't know all that much else about the platform you're going to be playing those games on it can get tiresome, and I don't fault people for complaining about it.

??? Assume this is $500 (or your currency's equivalent) and you'll be fine. Seriously doubt MS will charge more, and if it's less buy GP or Halo

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima Perú
Well, that's short compared to the length of their pervious E3 events. I hope they don't have extended gameplay sections but upload them right after like Ubi. Also hope it's not just a compilation of trailers, that would be very sad.