• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jungomitis

Apr 8, 2020
I would bite on this but the current PS Now library doesn't really interest me that much. Hopefully the path sticks around until they announce more games for the new PS+ tiers. If I like the game list then, I'll bite

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Oh come on now. This was even available on PS5 with the official apps.

20220404_021921w5jsc.jpg

Sony can't call it an hack and they won't, because it's all their fault and nothing needed to be done other than using the stick and X button of the DualSense to get there on PS5. It was hidden, but still visible with normal navigation. Anyone calling that a hack will get laught out of the room by the consumers lawyer.

I took that post to mean he is laughing at the article as well. He has evolved from the "doom and gloom" routine he was doing yesterday and now for some reason has flipped sides and is promoting this deal.

RainerDrix

Oct 25, 2017
Long Island, NY
Ok I'm done, my sub now ends 11/18/2032. My PS+ ends in 2027 (all purchased for half off at CD Keys), so even if Sony does give + Essential subscribers an easy upgrade path to Premium, I'm still getting the half off price after my + Essential subscription expiration date.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Ok I'm done, my sub now ends 11/18/2032. My PS+ ends in 2027 (all purchased for half off at CD Keys), so even if Sony does give + Essential subscribers an easy upgrade path to Premium, I'm still getting the half off price after my + Essential subscription expiration date.
you just had to best me with the most years gained huh? lol your really tempting me to add on two more years.

The funny part is people in this thread are saying we are crazy adding on a decades worth when in reality you and I are pretty similar (well my half off years from cdkeys ends 2026, not '27) and are just buying 4-6 cards( only $240 instead of paying $480) and we are going to get hundreds of dollars (if not in the thousands) off the free games from plus and now in those years.It's actually really smart to do if you have the money for it.

RainerDrix

Oct 25, 2017
Long Island, NY
you just had to best me with the most years gained huh? lol your really tempting me to add on two more years.

The funny part is people in this thread are saying we are crazy adding on a decades worth when in reality you and I are pretty similar (well my half off years from cdkeys ends 2026, not '27) and are just buying 4-6 cards( only $240 instead of paying $480) and we are going to get hundreds of dollars (if not in the thousands) off the free games from plus and now in those years.It's actually really smart to do if you have the money for it.

lol your posts definitely influenced my recent re-up.

But I agree, and that's also my line of thinking. We're getting the highest tier membership for the price of the lowest tier. Although not all new releases will be available Day 1 on Premium, it sounds like there will be a lot of Day 1 game trials on top of all the BC streaming & downloading benefits. I'm hoping PS+ Premium adds mobile streaming too, but I'm currently satisfied with PS5 to mobile remote play.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Besides a few exclusives the PS Now catalogue is really poor. I wanted to play but there's nothing there I already played. Hopefully this changes in June.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Hold on...can I just, cancel my recurring PS+, get this deal for PS Now, and then get the benefit of the $120/year subscription for just the $60?

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
I've decided to add a year. I had a discounted version of Now in December and got the extra year for £45 using a discounted psn top up from shopto.

I think my years plus runs out around June/July so I should be ok to ditch plus about the time the service goes live.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My PS+ expires on June 25th, so not sure if I should jump on this deal or not?

SAINT_

Banned
Oct 4, 2020
Besides a few exclusives the PS Now catalogue is really poor. I wanted to play but there's nothing there I already played. Hopefully this changes in June.

"What are some of the games that are going to be in this new PlayStation Plus?

Jim Ryan:
"I'm going to play a little hard to get on that one, but I can tell you for free that we have massive publisher participation in this program. We have all of the big names present. We obviously have PlayStation Studios present. We have big publishers, we have small indie publishers. We have over 200 partners working with us to put their content into PlayStation Plus. So the lineup is going to be really strong."

I think it will.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
My PS+ expires on June 25th, so not sure if I should jump on this deal or not?
I think you're a prime candidate for this deal. Only a little bit wasted overlap with the new plans in June. That's if you have any interest in the PSNow offerings, the new classics, and continuing PS+, that is.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It is possible in Germany? If yes, how?

Yes. Log in on the playstation website und then follow the Spanish link on the first page in the tweet. It should add ps now 12 month sub in your shopping cart . If you have money in your ps wallet you can pay with that.

If you want to have more than one year just click on the Spanish link again and it will add another year.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Just checked and I am good on PS+ until November and that is from like 3 years back when there was some kind of deal.
So even though it means I may miss out on this type of pricing in the future, I am going to hold off and see how this shakes out first for sure.
Limited time to game on my end is the primary reason as to why I am holding off. I struggle to make time to play new releases, nevermind revisit previously released games.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
This is where I'm at. I've got 2 years of PS+ stacked so worst case I pay another $60 to upgrade to premium which is no money lost compared to this deal. Best case they give me a discount and let me upgrade for like $50. But I don't feel comfortable throwing money at this deal hoping they'll somehow honor my extra PSNow and PS+ combined time, because I don't think they will.
Exactly, I realized about this only today, it's crazy they didn't show any upgrade plan for currently users that have PS Plus, which are the majority of it.

My brother has almost two years of Plus stacked and this isn't worth since they HAVE to provide an upgrade plan for 30€ (for Extra) and 60€ (for Premium) if you want to expand one year of Plus to an higher plan.

What about the remaining months of Plus users have tho? How they are going to convert those few months of Plus?
They will let you pay half the monthly price (and more expensive compared to the 12 months tier) in that case? Or they will calculate the remaining months price under one year by taking that 30/60€ year upgrade as a base?

This is all unknown and it's absurd... they surely can't ask another 120€ if you have regular Plus, and they can't ignore people with multiple years of Plus by not letting access them the new tiers.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Just checked and I am good on PS+ until November and that is from like 3 years back when there was some kind of deal.
So even though it means I may miss out on this type of pricing in the future, I am going to hold off and see how this shakes out first for sure.
Limited time to game on my end is the primary reason as to why I am holding off. I struggle to make time to play new releases, nevermind revisit previously released games.
That might also be why something like this will most benefit you. PS Plus/Now will never do day 1 games. They have said that. So by the time you get to them you might have them offered on Now or Plus and may never have to buy a game again. Just something to think about.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Sony sneak attack. They are locking in some people for years that might have otherwise not stayed subscribed.

Its really not bad PR, people are STILL paying $60/yr for a service that hasn't even launched yet and we don't even have a list of games that will be offered. With this "exploit" "hack" "theft" "organized crime ring" loophole they will be launching PS+ Premium with millions of already enrolled subs, which is a big marketing win since people tend to like to join stuff they know friends are already members of.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I usually get a deal on the plus so this makes for a $20-30 upgrade. I hardly use the nintendo one but that's only $20 a year so I don't mind. Nso doesn't have a ton of games but it's got some serious essentials and I have dipped into a few since I got it. Let's see if the ps1/ps2/psp selection can go toe to toe with the nso collection.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017

Just re-upped to 11/26/2032 (almost to '33 baby and probably will be if the extra years of plus convert/add on to your sub as they should). I couldn't let you be the one who benefited most from this thread/deal lol. Your move. Do you want to reup more or do you want to fold. Anyway I don't need to buy a subscription to anything for the rest of the PS5 life cycle and I'm well into PS6's life by now too. lol

Since it's 10:30 PST and well into the work morning I guess this is really hard to remove on their end or if this was planned.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
So I wonder what's going to happen when it launches in June. I have a PS+ sub that expires December 2022, and now a PS Now sub that expires April 2023.

When June rolls around, will they cancel both of them, and put in it's place a PS+ Premium sub that expires in 2023?

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stacked four years, with one of those years being wasted since I have ongoing PS sub until Sept 2023. So basically, 3 years of savings. May add another just in case.

Shame it probably won't have Game Sharing like GamePass, I'd be able to split the price further with a friend. I was mainly only interested in the mid tier sub, and this turns out to be cheaper than that

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Shame it probably won't have Game Sharing like GamePass, I'd be able to split the price further with a friend. I was mainly only interested in the mid tier sub, and this turns out to be cheaper than that
If you're ok with someone else logging into your account to download games to play on their own profile then you can currently game share and probably will still be able to after the convergence. Not quite as slick or safe as game sharing on Xbox but works ok with a trusted friend/family member.

Joo

May 25, 2018
Stacked four years, with one of those years being wasted since I have ongoing PS sub until Sept 2023. So basically, 3 years of savings. May add another just in case.

I don't know how game sharing works on Xbox and this probably isn't as slick, but sharing PS+/Now/your library in general is still extremely easy and I've done it for years with my brother. I have my account set-up on his console. He can just log in, download whatever he wants, log out and play on his own account. You just need to make sure you only do this with someone you actually know.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Soooooo... I messed up. I looked at my PS+ sub and saw it expires in June. I thought, "Sweet. I'll get a year of PSNow so when my PS+ expires right when the services merge, it'll just turn into Premium." Bought PSNow, then noticed my PS+ sub was loaded until June 2023. Ugh. Now what's going to happen?

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Tbh... I don't think any of you are going to actually get PS+ Premium memberships past the end of whatever annual subscription term you're in once June hits. All your money is gonna go toward the full-price subs for future years.

I'm extremely hesitant to give Sony any money up front until I've actually tried the service.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Just re-upped to 11/26/2032 (almost to '33 baby and probably will be if the extra years of plus convert/add on to your sub as they should). I couldn't let you be the one who benefited most from this thread/deal lol. Your move. Do you want to reup more or do you want to fold. Anyway I don't need to buy a subscription to anything for the rest of the PS5 life cycle and I'm well into PS6's life by now too. lol

Since it's 10:30 PST and well into the work morning I guess this is really hard to remove on their end or if this was planned.
Shit, now you have me thinking of upping three extra years too, lol. Currently PS+ to 2024 and with Now part of the '30s gang.

But almost a decade is enough for me.

Joo

May 25, 2018
Tbh... I don't think any of you are going to actually get PS+ Premium memberships past the end of whatever annual subscription term you're in once June hits. All your money is gonna go toward the full-price subs for future years.

I'm extremely hesitant to give Sony any money up front until I've actually tried the service.
How would that work exactly? There probably isn't any artificial limit when folks have been able to buy subscription time a month, three months or one year at a time. The service also only keeps count of the date of renewal. I had PS Now until 11/23 before the announcement, and now I have it until 11/24. Where would a sensible "annual subscription term" be here?

Sony definitely needs to offer at least a) same functionality as what people have paid for and b) the same amount of subscription time. Anything extra is offered only because the new service doesn't have a tier exactly like PS Now.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017

And how would they do that if we are paying half of what a whole year costs AND their blog says every year of Now we have before June converts at no extra cost? They would be liars and get major backlash/ bad publicity.

SAINT_

Banned
Oct 4, 2020
Soooooo... I messed up. I looked at my PS+ sub and saw it expires in June. I thought, "Sweet. I'll get a year of PSNow so when my PS+ expires right when the services merge, it'll just turn into Premium." Bought PSNow, then noticed my PS+ sub was loaded until June 2023. Ugh. Now what's going to happen?
I don't think anybody will know for sure, but my guess is you'll have premium for one year and then get demoted to essential.