Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017

It was already posted in the thread yesterday/earlier today, still feel it's a bit shit it getting shared/posted about etc.

Should watch the video Lonestar shared instead...

Not sure if someone already shared it, but I know there's quite a few Liv fans here so in case it hasn't been shared.

View: https://youtu.be/GH6M54oZZkQ?si=RWYvtSr9gSUMIuFL

TheBee

Oct 18, 2023

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Will delete but was more to show the behaviour of the police.
giphy.gif

Here I was subtly talking shit about Resident Evil and all of a sudden I'm in a WWE thread.

May 22, 2023
Florida

View: https://twitter.com/TakeshitaFan/status/1790890614416199981

100% This promo was so good. And if he did this same promo today there would be about thirty Yeeeets in there as well. Its completely Flanderized his character.

He has become a wwe merch cliche who pretty much stole most of his moves - Spear, pull back hand and spit on it before punch ala rock etc etc, and super kicks more than both young bucks combined in any match.
But still feels mid AF and not a title holder.
That being said, who the fuck am I. WWE has never been about being original or even good. The crowd in France ended up elevating Jey because of his entrance and WWE saw money.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
I wasn't watching during this time, feels like a completely different character to what he is now.

His first feud as a single wrestler was with Roman and that was awesome. To the point I thought he was the One to beat Roman's streak.

View: https://youtu.be/Pctm3jE_NXw?si=E_XkhGG-BpJd2zLp

youtu.be

Roman Reigns promises Jey Uso that he will fall in line: SmackDown, Oct. 30, 2020

After Jey Uso said “I quit” in the brutal Universal Title Hell in a Cell “I Quit” Match, he resisted cousin’s consequences and The Big Dog made a chilling pr...

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
He has become a wwe merch cliche who pretty much stole most of his moves - Spear, pull back hand and spit on it before punch ala rock etc etc, and super kicks more than both young bucks combined in any match.
But still feels mid AF and not a title holder.
That being said, who the fuck am I. WWE has never been about being original or even good. The crowd in France ended up elevating Jey because of his entrance and WWE saw money.

Yeah. I'll give him that he has a fire entrance but his promo and ring skills just doooo not excite me anymore.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
It is pretty impressive that Jey survived after delivering a WM match that was almost universally agreed to be the worst match of the event and made the Uso v Uso feud end with a huge wet fart

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Could you think of anyone who survived something similar like this before?

The closest equivalent was the Matt and Jeff Hardy feud of '09, where Jeff was the hottest act in wrestling and turning Matt heel practically made him a main eventer until they actually had a match at WM 25 that Matt won but it was wildly disliked and Matt was depushed hard while Jeff stayed over.

Oct 28, 2017
California
That is the plan right? Getting the Usos with Roman?

Yeah that's the plan I believe. Don't want them to rush it, but Jey seems like he's at his best when Roman is involved.

And don't get me wrong, Jey is SUPER over with the crowd right now, probably has the best entrance out of anybody right now, gets the entire arena hyped up. But other than that, not much else unfortunately.

And yeah, him beating Ilja was absolutely the right call. Jey is in the main event scene and Ilja just got called up, he'll have his time. Plus why waste Ilja vs Gunther so soon.

Rustyspider13

Shinra Employee
Nov 16, 2023
On one hand, I shouldn't be pissed at this if Jade and Bianca are ok with it. On the other hand this is the same company that overlooked DUIs for Jimmy IIRC so this is kinda their MO when dealing with people they are trying to push. So, just a shitty situation all around. I'll be rooting for Bianca tonight that's for sure.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
100% figured that is what was going to happen the only time WWE is going to step in is when something a talent does effects their bottom line or brand reputation.
Yeah. The problem with Tiffany in particular is that she's good in the ring, and she's good at this gimmick, but her NXT Women's Title reign kinda sucked ass, because she was constantly getting exposed on the mic, and her character had pretty much zero depth outside of "mean girl", which is a problem when you are the champion of a brand, especially one as big as Smackdown or RAW.

Of course, none of that is a problem to WWE, who is willing to overlook anything as long as it doesn't harm their bottom line. It doesn't help that there are people out there willing to find any excuse possible to defend her from her remarks on this, and it will likely result in her being emboldened to do this more in the future.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. The problem with Tiffany in particular is that she's good in the ring, and she's good at this gimmick, but her NXT Women's Title reign kinda sucked ass, because she was constantly getting exposed on the mic, and her character had pretty much zero depth outside of "mean girl"

I would argue that it's gotten worse now that it's boiled down to just pointing at her wrist and yelling "It's Tiffy Time" a lot.

AllezLesVert

Mar 30, 2024
I would argue that it's gotten worse now that it's boiled down to just pointing at her wrist and yelling "It's Tiffy Time" a lot.

I don't think giving her long promos will do anything for her right now. Short and sharp is clearly the intention. Same reason Jade only gets a few minutes in the ring at a time.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017

I think Tiffany learned how to do a lot REALLY fast and is ahead of the curve for her experience level, but I feel like she still struggles to put together great matches and a lot of what she does still feels like move, move, move, you know? I think main roster is the perfect position for her right now because she will get to learn more with more experienced women, but they should keep her involved with experienced workers because I don't think she could get much out of someone like Jade, for example. And I feel like they're going to end up putting her in a tag team against Jade & Bianca until MITB and I don't think it will work well.

Agreedfor the tiffy Time thing. It pretty much just looks like they stripped everything and boiled it down to her having that catchphrase and getting her to say it over and over again. Although honestly, I think that it'S a thing they do for a lot of wrestlers. It still feels like they need to put over some catchphrases or some kind of mannerisms. Love Bianca to death but I'm over the hair twirling thing, it's fine for random matches or specific setups and all but it feels a bit jarring when she's in some sort of a very personal feud like she's been with Dmg Ctrl for 80000 years. I feel the same for screaming IT'S TIFFY TIME 10 times in a row in a match. Y'all can just sprinkle this

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Rumor going around Reddit that Montez Ford changed his Insta bio from "Father of 2" to "Father of 3"-- and that part of his bio has now been completely deleted. If true, Bianca's dropping her belt soon-ish.

Those women's tag titles are really something, lol.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
So Montez Ford updated his Instagram profile today. Went from saying "Father of Two" to "Father of Three" which is telling me that he might have a new kid on the way with Bianca (the other two are from his previous relationship).

Rumor going around Reddit that Montez Ford changed his Insta bio from "Father of 2" to "Father of 3"-- and that part of his bio is now been completely deleted. If true, Bianca's dropping her belt soon-ish.

Asuka continues to prove that wrestling her is a potentially bad idea, it usually ends with you pregnant.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Rumor going around Reddit that Montez Ford changed his Insta bio from "Father of 2" to "Father of 3"-- and that part of his bio has now been completely deleted. If true, Bianca's dropping her belt soon-ish.

Yeah update on this, I don't think it's true. From an interview with People Magazine last year (emphasis mine):

people.com

Bianca Belair Talks New 'Fun-Filled' Reality Show, Working with Husband Montez Ford: 'I'm Blessed' (Exclusive)

WWE's Bianca Belair talks to PEOPLE about her 'blessed' title reign and the plans for a new reality show with her husband, fellow WWE star Montez Ford

Belair's parents and Ford's mom will play prominent roles in the upcoming series, the WWE star says. Belair is also the stepmother to Ford's three kids, who often travel with their parents at live events or follow along on TV at home.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Ivar, man was really beginning to pop off in this singles run and I was game for an NXT run to really have him let loose

Looks like the viking experience is over for now

...sorry, I just like to remind everyone of that actual Vince mandated name every now and then.

Man if she's pregnant what does Jade even do now lol
Solo all tag team challengers by herself