OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1751244307078455789

Conspiracy theorists working for and within the US government are perpetuating myths about UFOs that millions of taxpayer dollars are then spent looking into, a "self-licking ice cream cone", according to the Pentagon's former chief investigator of unidentified anomalous phenomena (UAP).

...many lawmakers, he insists, are only too happy to embrace unsubstantiated stories circulated by "a core group of people" about secret government UFO research programs. Those include startling claims from the former US intelligence official and whistleblower David Grusch last year about intact alien vehicles and non-human "biologics", or biological matter, stored at a remote facility.

"They're some of the same people that have been working behind the scenes with Congress to write legislation," Kirkpatrick told the In the Room With Peter Bergen podcast.

Kirkpatrick declined to identify the people by name, but agreed with Bergen's observation that "the actual conspiracy is being carried out by a group of true believers themselves to get the government involved in the business of investigating aliens".

"Some members of Congress prefer to opine about aliens to the press rather than get an evidence-based briefing on the matter. Members have a responsibility to exhibit critical-thinking skills instead of seeking the spotlight."

"Most of the times when we can't give an explanation, it is because there is a lack of data, and by that I mean consistent, solid, recorded data that you can put into a computer and you can do analysis on."

ber

Oct 31, 2017
Jellyfish UFO's!?

hysterical-laughter.gif

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
www.defense.gov

Deputy Pentagon Press Secretary Sabrina Singh Holds a Press Briefing

Deputy Pentagon Press Secretary Sabrina Singh held a press briefing.

View: https://youtu.be/HMssSippPaI?t=1535

Q: Just a couple questions on Secretary Austin. I know — I can't remember if it was you or Pat responded to a question on this the other day but do you have any — said you were looking into it — but is there anything on the request for the Secretary to testify in the HASC? And do you have any comment on the congressional criticism, I think it was from Wicker, about the letters that — that DOD submitted about the timeline surrounding his hospitalization?

And then separately, on the — the DOD Inspector General report about UAP, said that there wasn't a comprehensive plan for dealing with UAP and that could pose a security threat. Any response to that?

MS. SINGH: Sure. Let me take the first ones at the top. So in terms of testifying, we're — our — our teams are working with the Hill to figure out — we always want to be responsive to Congress, we always want to ensure that we are getting answers back to, whether it be senators or members of Congress, in a timely manner.

I don't have an update for you on any hearing, of — of anything being scheduled, but we are certainly in touch with the staffs of those members who have requested that hearing, and when I have more to share, I'd be happy to do it.

And then in terms of the letters, again, we're always responding to Congress in - in a timely manner. We provided the details that we could in that letter, and I know our staffs have been in — in touch and the Secretary has been in touch also with members in both the House and Senate.

In terms of the UAP report, I — I'm sorry, I just have to take that question.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
At least she, and the audience, didn't laugh at the question, I guess 😕. Although I've never heard anyone responding to "taking that question" meaning 'I don't plan on answering that'

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
thehill.com

What has happened to the Pentagon’s former UFO hunter?

Why would a former Pentagon official continue a long tradition of obfuscation and distortion about the enduring mystery of UFOs?

"As an intelligence officer, I would expect all of you to expect me to lie to you." So the former director of the Pentagon's UFO analysis office quipped to an audience in 2022.

Since his retirement in December, Sean Kirkpatrick has been on a media tour unusual for former intelligence officials.

Kirkpatrick now indirectly accuses top members of Congress of holding a "religious belief" in UFOs "that transcends critical thinking and rational thought." In his most pointed commentary, he has also fired back at whistleblowers alleging the existence of surreptitious government UFO retrieval and reverse engineering efforts.

According to Kirkpatrick, "none of [the UFO whistleblowers] have any firsthand evidence or knowledge. They're all relaying stories that they've heard from other people."

At least three sources contradict Kirkpatrick's statement.

First, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, has said that multiple whistleblowers with "firsthand knowledge or firsthand claims" of UFO retrieval and reverse engineering activities have spoken to Congress.

Rubio also stated that the whistleblowers are "saying to us what you've seen out there in the public record…about legacy [UFO] programs…Most of [the UFO whistleblowers] have held very high clearances and high positions within our government. So, you do ask yourself: 'What incentive would so many people with that kind of qualification – these are serious people – have to come forward and make something up?'"

In contrast to Kirkpatrick's denial that individuals have "firsthand" knowledge, Gallagher stated that witnesses are telling congressional investigators that "they've been part of this or that [UFO] program," resulting in "a variety of pretty intense conversations."

Without naming him directly, Kirkpatrick saved his sharpest criticisms for UFO whistleblower David Grusch.

Grusch, in further contradiction of Kirkpatrick's claims that no whistleblowers have "firsthand" knowledge of illicit UFO retrieval and reverse engineering activities, had testified under oath that he "had the people with the firsthand knowledge provide a protected disclosure to the [intelligence community] inspector general."

Grusch's statement, along with his claim of interviewing "over 40 people over four years" in an investigation of alleged UFO retrieval and reverse engineering efforts, could easily be disproven if false. Had Grusch lied to Congress, he would almost surely be facing legal penalties.

Grusch's inquiry, it seems, was far more thorough than Kirkpatrick's. As Kirkpatrick described in his own words, the extent of his investigation of whistleblower claims amounted to asking the government's secret-keepers if a certain illegal program existed. Kirkpatrick's approach, as astute observers have noted, is roughly akin to asking a mob boss if he is engaging in illegal activity, and subsequently being satisfied with a "no."

But the honor system is never a viable method of investigating allegations of illegality. Moreover, Kirkpatrick claims that "a small group of interconnected believers" has hoodwinked Congress and the media into believing remarkable fantasies.

Kirkpatrick's account is disputed by a credible source. In July, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) announced extraordinary bipartisan legislation alleging that surreptitious government "legacy programs" are attempting to reverse-engineer exotic UFOs of "non-human" origin.

In stark contrast to Kirkpatrick's claim that a "small group" is driving recent UFO-related developments, Schumer stated that a "vast web" of UFO whistleblowers and witnesses informed the eyebrow-raising legislation. Moreover, in remarkable comments on the Senate floor, Schumer cited "multiple credible sources" to allege that elements of the U.S. government have illegally withheld UFO-related information from Congress.

Kirkpatrick also appears to be muddying the waters on some of the most widely publicized UFO incidents. For example, in 2004, four naval aviators observed a "Tic Tac" shaped object, which was tracked on two independent radar systems, execute seemingly physics-defying maneuvers. To this day, the perplexing incident remains officially "unresolved."

Now Kirkpatrick appears to be injecting confusion about this well-known incident. According to Kirkpatrick, "there's this company in Florida, they make these backyard lighting balloons…Some of them are 'Tic Tac' shaped….When we talked to the company, they're like, 'Yeah, we lose them. And we sometimes find them again, but generally not.'"

For someone who hammers relentlessly on the importance of evidence, Kirkpatrick provides none that could plausibly explain the most perplexing recent UFO incidents.

Thus, a key question emerges: Why would a former Pentagon official continue a long tradition of obfuscation and distortion about the enduring mystery of UFOs?

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/NYMag/status/1752672298513920223

There has never been a worse time to be a UFO skeptic. Last month, Sean Kirkpatrick, the head of the Pentagon office responsible for investigating unexplained aerial events, stepped down. He said he was tired of being harassed and accused of hiding evidence, and he lamented an erosion in "our capacity for rational, evidence-based critical thinking."

Thoughtful, sensible-seeming, non-crankish people at Harvard, at The New Yorker, at the New York Times, and at the Pentagon seemed to be drifting ever closer to the conclusion that alien spaceships had visited Earth. Everyone was being appallingly open-minded. Yet even after more than 70 years of claimed sightings, there was simply no good evidence. In an age of ubiquitous cameras and fancy scopes, there was no footage that wasn't blurry and jumpy and taken from far away. There was just this guy Grusch telling the world that the government had a "crash-retrieval and reverse-engineering program" for flying saucers that was totally supersecret and that only people in the program knew about the program. Grusch said he had learned about it while serving on a UAP task force at the Pentagon. He interviewed more than 40 people, and they told him wild things. He said he couldn't reveal the names of the people he interviewed. He shared no firsthand information and showed no photos. He said the program went back decades, back to the saucer crash that happened in Roswell, New Mexico.

This has all happened before: It's the latest instance of what Marina Koren, a science writer for The Atlantic, calls the "UFO-mania cycle." Before Grusch, there were military men like Robert Salas, who published a book a decade ago in which he said that one night in the 1960s a space alien floated him out of his bedroom window and inserted a needle into his groin. And before Salas, there was Colonel Philip J. Corso, a retired Pentagon insider, who in 1997 published a memoir, The Day After Roswell, in which he claimed that in July 1947 he had opened a small shipping crate in a veterinary building in Fort Riley, Kansas, and found a dead space alien inside, submerged in a viscous blue liquid. "It was a four-foot human-shaped figure," Corso wrote, "with arms, bizarre-looking four-fingered hands — I didn't see a thumb — thin legs and feet, and an oversized incandescent lightbulb-shaped head that looked like it was floating over a balloon gondola for a chin."

In the 1950s, Corso was an intelligence operative and counterpropagandist in Washington, and later he began working for President Eisenhower's National Security Council. The United States was fighting a two-front war, Corso wrote — against Communists on the one hand and space creatures on the other. Earth, he said, was "under some form of probing attack by one or more alien cultures who were testing both our ability and resolve to defend ourselves."

The flights of Eisenhower's U-2 spy plane over Soviet Russia had an undisclosed secondary purpose, Corso believed. Not only did they identify missile sites and bombing targets; they also carried on the search for extraterrestrial crash sites behind enemy lines: "We also wanted to see whether the Soviets were harvesting any of the alien aircraft technology for themselves."

In 1961, Corso was put in charge of the foreign-technology desk at the Pentagon, where (so he said) he was asked to "exploit" the secret Roswell files and alien remains, including autopsy reports and crash debris. Corso said his team farmed out various reverse-engineered extraterrestrial innovations to American industry, including tech for lasers, integrated circuits, fiber optics, stealth planes, and night-vision goggles — also Kevlar, which was, according to Corso, inspired by the "cross-stitched supertenacity fibers" on the surface of the downed saucer. "The seeds for the development of all of them were found in the crash of the alien craft at Roswell," he wrote.

On June 24, 1947, Kenneth Arnold, a salesman of fire-control equipment, was startled by a flash of blue light while flying from Chehalis, Washington, to Yakima, Washington, in his single-engine airplane. He looked to his left and saw "a chain of very peculiar-looking objects that were rapidly approaching Mount Rainier at about 107 degrees." The objects were shiny, and they dipped and rose and flashed as they flew, Arnold said, "like a fish flipping in the sun." When the light reflected off them, they seemed "completely round." "I assumed at the time that they were a new formation, or a new type of jet," he said, "so I was baffled by the fact that they did not have any tails."

On the same day Arnold saw saucers, a prospector in the Cascades, Fred Johnson, looked up to see five or six discs about a thousand feet above him. He estimated they were 30 feet in diameter. They were silent, and they made his compass needle wiggle wildly, he said.

Another same-day report came in from Richland, Washington, 125 miles east of Mount Rainier and very close to the enormous Hanford plant, which was at that time going full blast turning uranium into plutonium to make atomic bombs. A Richland resident named Leo Bernier said he'd seen several discs or saucers heading west very fast, probably just before Arnold saw them. "I believe it may be a visitor from another planet, more developed than ours," Bernier said. Then came the "July 4 deluge" reported by the Los Angeles Times: "Two hundred persons in one group and 60 in another saw them in Idaho; hundreds saw them in Oregon, Washington, and other states throughout the West." A group of policemen in Portland, Oregon, noticed several discs that they said looked like "chromium hubcaps"; they "wobbled, disappeared, and reappeared." A United Airlines pilot and co-pilot, on their way from Boise to Seattle, had a surprise. "Brother, you could have knocked me over with a feather when about eight minutes after takeoff, at exactly 7,100 feet over Emmett, Idaho, we saw not one but nine of them," said pilot Emil Smith. They were "evenly spaced in a line."

Smith had been a commercial pilot for years. The story he and his co-pilot told, said the Associated Press, "is the first confirmation by experienced, highly trained airmen of flying discs which have been reported over the northwest for the past two weeks."

"Lots of people are worried to heck about the things," said a military PR man in Sacramento. "But there's nothing to get excited about. If there were anything to them, the Army would have notified us."

By the '60s, the UFO movement was multifarious and all but unstoppable. The lurid abduction stories so interesting to Budd Hopkins had begun: Betty and Barney Hill of New Hampshire claimed they'd had an unpleasant alien experience in 1961, and later, under guided hypnosis, Betty described her sojourn in the spaceship, where her dress was removed and a needle was inserted into her bellybutton. Barney said that the alien crew, who wore glossy leather uniforms and were about five feet tall, harvested his sperm and poked a "cylindrical object" into his bottom. In a web essay, "Aliens and Anal Probes," UFO skeptic Jason Colavito persuasively argues that Barney was half-remembering imagery he had seen in several Outer Limits episodes broadcast shortly before the hypnosis sessions.

Something unusual was going on, that's clear. And the reports had elements in common: roundish wobbly objects, shiny, grouped together, connected, tethered.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
www.ctvnews.ca

Pilots describe 'bizarre' lights and 'triangles' over Canada in air traffic control audio

At least four flights reported 'multiple lights sometimes in a triangle formation' high above the Canadian Prairies one morning earlier this month, according to air traffic control audio obtained by CTVNews.ca.

Early on Jan. 19, several pilots reported "multiple lights sometimes in a triangle formation" high above the Canadian Prairies.

"I'm certainly no expert, but they're moving side-to-side and then going away from each other and then forming triangles," an Air Canada pilot from Seattle to Winnipeg replied while flying over Saskatchewan. "That doesn't really seem like they're in any type of orbit. But I mean, I'm no expert."

"Yeah, it's quite bizarre," a pilot on a nearby Flair Airlines flight from Vancouver to Toronto added. "There's around six of them just randomly in formation flying at a high altitude at 12 o'clock."

"Definitely not satellites," a pilot on a Morningstar Air Express cargo flight from Calgary to Toronto interjected. "It's unlike anything I've ever seen in the 15 years of night flying that I've done."

"There's no active airspace, military airspace, anything like that we're aware of," an air traffic controller said on Jan. 19. "I honestly have no idea what that might be."

At least four aircraft reported seeing the lights that morning, including Flair and Morningstar jets, and two Air Canada flights. They estimated the lights were well above them, as high as 100,000 feet (30,480 metres), which is beyond the reach of most fighter jets. Two other crews also chimed in to say they've recently had similar sightings over Canada.

"I've never seen them eastbound, only westbound," the Cargojet pilot added. "And yeah, same thing too: movement all over, sometimes they make a triangle, sometimes they make a diamond and square. They're bright and they just appear all over."

"Sure be nice to get answers on that, for sure," another pilot said.

According to both the audio and written report, Nav Canada air traffic controllers also alerted the military's Canadian Air Defence Sector in North Bay, Ont., which is tasked with monitoring the continent's northern approaches as part of Norad, the joint Canada-U.S. defence group.

Canada's military routinely states that it does "not typically investigate sightings of unknown or unexplained phenomena outside the context of investigating credible threats, potential threats, or potential distress in the case of search and rescue."

"NORAD detects radar tracks and if required, provides a threat assessment of those tracks based on a variety of factors," a Canadian NORAD and Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) spokesperson told CTVNews.ca. "For operational security reasons, we do not discuss how NORAD assesses threats."

The RCAF, Transport Canada and Nav Canada all declined to provide additional details on the Jan. 19 case and any potential responses.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
www.telegraph.co.uk

We know what ‘foo fighters’ that buzzed Second World War pilots really were, say scientists

American scientists believe they have discovered what the strange, fast-moving blobs that shaped alien conspiracy theories truly were

Now a paper suggests the phenomena are in fact plasmas, or ionised gases, which are drawn to the electrical charge of aircraft, spacecraft and satellites.

Experts from the universities of California, Arizona and the Harvard-Smithsonian argue that the strange properties of plasmas make them appear to behave like living organisms, even though they are not alive.

Plasmas can grow in size and replicate, make contact with each other and may "feed" off the electromagnetic radiation of satellites and spacecraft, they argue.

Huge glowing masses of up to a mile wide, which behave similarly to swarms of living organisms, have been filmed by 10 Nasa space shuttle missions, while astronauts have reported strange phenomena since the 1960s.

"Based on video, photographic and computerised analysis, including reports by military officers and astronauts, we believe these plasmas account for at least some of the numerous reports of UFOs and Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon over the last several thousand years including the 'foo fighters' observed by German, Japanese and Allied pilots during WWII."

Co-author Dr Christopher Impey, of the department of astronomy at the University of Arizona, said: "This does not mean these plasmas are alive, or engaging in intelligent purposeful behaviour.

"Rather, as documented experimentally, these upper atmospheric electromagnetic plasmas may be engaging in 'energy cannibalism' and behaviours referred to as 'collisionality' in which they turn, follow, collide, intersect, and, possibly exchange energy."

Some of the authors believe that the plasmas may even represent an alternate form of life that is not carbon-based, although others are sceptical.

The team has called for more research studying the plasmas, including sending up satellites which generate electromagnetic pulses equipped with infrared and X-ray cameras to capture the phenomena.

Commenting on the research, Daniel Mitchard, a lecturer at Cardiff University's School of Engineering said: "It's not surprising that previously unknown charge-based phenomena exist at this altitude, and that they exhibit behaviour that we don't yet fully understand.

"It's also likely that they will be attracted to, or repelled from, satellites and the Space Shuttle, which can build up static charges of their own.

"Even at ground level, glowing balls from thunderstorms that behave strangely are occasionally reported, often called Ball Lightning, and no one knows what these are either - they may be the same as 'foo fighters'. It's definitely interesting research."

Abstract

Plasmas up to a kilometer in size, behaving similarly to multicellular organisms have been filmed on 10 separate NASA space shuttle missions, over 200 miles above Earth within the thermosphere. These self-illuminated "plasmas" are attracted to and may "feed on" electromagnetic radiation. They have different morphologies: 1) cone, 2) cloud, 3) donut, 4) spherical-cylindrical; and have been filmed flying towards and descending into thunderstorms; congregating by the hundreds and interacting with satellites generating electromagnetic activity; approaching the Space Shuttles. Computerized analysis of flight path trajectories, documents these plasmas travel at different velocities from different directions and change their angle of trajectory making 45°, 90°, and 180° shifts and follow each other. They've been filmed accelerating, slowing down; stopping; congregating; engaging in "hunter-predatory" behavior, and intersecting plasmas leaving a plasma dust trail in their wake. Similar lifelike behaviors have been demonstrated by plasmas created experimentally. "Plasmas" may have been photographed in the 1940s by WWII pilots (identified as "Foo fighters"); repeatedly observed and filmed by astronauts and military pilots and classified as Unidentified Aerial-Anomalous Phenomenon. Plasmas are not biological but may represent a form of pre-life that via the incorporation of elements common in space, could result in the synthesis of RNA. Plasmas constitute a fourth state of matter, are attracted to electromagnetic activity, and when observed in the lower atmosphere likely account for many of the UFO-UAP sightings over the centuries.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/AskaPol_UAPs/status/1753881968180080772
Ask a Pol asked:

"It's almost like the military industrial complex is now complete, it seems? And that enables them to hide stuff from Congress?"

AOC's response:

"I mean, that's the core question that we must ask," Ocasio-Cortez exclusively tells Ask a Pol.

Notable: AOC on defense contractors

"I think there's an enormous amount of open questions here as to what guides, what — where the line is between what falls under direct government operations and what is chosen to be contracted out. I think that there's an important — I think that there's potential oversight to be done, and then also, of course, once a contractor is in possession of US resources, how that is deployed and what the information shared," Ocasio-Cortez exclusively tells Ask a Pol.

zooj

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ames, IA
OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/sciam/status/1754542271133778398

Vergano: Can you talk a little bit about your office's search through past records? What'd you find in—what did Congress ask you to look for?

Kirkpatrick: Sure. The Congress really gave us two main missions. There was an operational mission, which is to investigate contemporary sightings with military pilots, operators [and] sensors to understand what's happening in our domain. You can think of that as the current time going forward.

The second mission was a historical mission, which was to look at everything the United States government has done on this topic, going back to 1945, as well as look at whether or not there's been any sort of hidden program by the government that's been kept from Congress on investigating UAP/UFOs or reverse engineering of said things.

In that second mission, in that historical mission, anybody who had previously signed nondisclosure agreements that protect classified information, they were allowed to come in—if they thought what they had access to was supporting evidence for this investigation—to come in and tell us all about that. And then we would go and investigate what they had to say.

We then had the National Archives; we had all military service archives; we had some of the combatant command archives, the intelligence community archives, NASA.... We would investigate what they would have to say, going back as far back as those archives go, to identify, "Hey, if you came in and named a program, whose program was it? What was it? How did that relate to what the person was describing?" and document all that—which we did, and that was the last report that I signed out when I retired.

So in it, there is a bunch of programs that were named. Those are all classified. We found what all of those programs are and reported those back up to Congress. Congress's concern is that there was a program that they did not have insight into, and that is not the case.

What we've found is that everything that's been named or identified has a legitimate oversight committee. It's been reported out. It may be state-of-the-art capabilities that if somebody were [to] see, [they] didn't understand, but that's the scope of the investigation.

Vergano: You know, there's been a lot of concern that excessive classification is playing a role here, that people can't even knock down these claims. Is that a fair complaint, or how would you describe that? Like, you can't tell somebody that they didn't see something they're not to see because you're not allowed to talk about it. Has that been a factor here?

Kirkpatrick: Uh, in some instances, yes, obviously, because if somebody inadvertently got access to something or had unauthorized access to something, you can't go and explain to them everything about it. And so that's where you get into another issue of who actually has access to that information on the Hill. Most people don't understand [that] congressional members don't all get access to everything.

Vergano: We should point out that none of these people who call themselves whistleblowers is or are describing this supposed conspiracy—came to you with evidence of hidden technology.

Kirkpatrick: Right. Most everyone that came—now, there are some that had firsthand, eyewitness accounts of something, but that's something that turns out to be something else—but for the whistleblowers in the public eye, all of them did not come in.

So I really have two sets of people. I have a group of people who legitimately have something to say and share. We have others that would rather go to public or to the Hill and not come in and share that information, which to me is an immediate red flag on the viability of anything they have to say.

So I had to get a lot of the information that those other people were sharing through second and third parties, because it all comes down to the same group of individuals, you know, recirculating this story, and the story has been around for decades.

Vergano: And it just seems like a tremendous game of telegraph that's been going on for a long time. And it's spun up now from the world of ufology to entertainment, to the Congress and genuine congresspeople, who aren't in the intelligence world that you describe, sort of pounding the table and demanding answers on this. Is that unfair?

Kirkpatrick: No, that's not unfair. We have legitimate concerns by some of the more rational-minded members of Congress, mostly on the Senate side, about the contemporary observations. I have trained military pilots, intelligence sensors that pick up things that we don't identify. Now just because we don't identify it, you shouldn't leap to "it's an extraterrestrial." There are a lot of things that we can't identify, and that's part of the problem.

And that's one of the things that we were trying to get characterized and analyzed. But then I've got others who—they don't have an oversight role, and none of those members ever asked for a briefing. So it's really hard for me to get my head around how a policy maker doesn't ask for that data.

Vergano: Is there anything you'd say to the more general reader, like, who thinks, "Okay, well, people aren't talking about UFOs—the government must know something," I mean, like, who maybe are maybe more amenable to, like, a reasonable argument?

Kirkpatrick: Well, what I would say is that the government spends a lot of time and effort developing advanced technology for a variety of reasons. Some of this is just people having observed things or seen things or got access to things that they shouldn't have—that they don't understand. And just because they don't understand it, they seem to leap to "it must be extraterrestrial," as opposed to, well, it could just be maybe the United States has an edge. So I would take some comfort in that.

We laid out a very clear, scientifically based plan that is being executed to do everything from calibrating our sensors and training our operators on known objects to investigating what state-of-the-art technologies are happening across the world that we may not know about or not recognize. And so my team and I put all that in place, and that's all been executed and analyzed and done in a rational sanction.

What happens to that is where I get frustrated because where that goes beyond that—and "Does it fall on the deaf ears of these policy makers?" You know, I've got better things to do. So I'm hoping that once this report gets delivered, there will be an unclassified version that goes to the public that will help clear up at least some of this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/ddeanjohnson/status/1754624049152410005
The recently released paper "Extraterrestrial Life in the Thermosphere: Plasmas, UAP, Pre-Life, Fourth State of Matter," has been getting quite a bit of play in the "UAP press." The paper suggested that plasmas that engage in "life-like behaviors," including "hunter-predatory" behavior, may account for many UAP sightings, including the "foo fighters" of World War II. The paper seemed to me to be high on speculative and conclusory statements based on a grab-bag of scattered observations, but very short on detailed explanations and hard data. Also, the paper appeared in a journal (Journal of Modern Physics) that I could not find on a list of the 200 most-cited physics journals.

So, I asked physicist UAP-friendly physicist Matthew Szydagis, associate professor of physics at the University of Albany, for his take on the article; his response appears below. If you disagree with Prof. Szydagis, or merely wish to explore the subject further, I suggest that you invite him on your podcast and go at it. His gmail address is his name.

Question: Prof. Szydagis, do you believe that the paper "Extraterrestrial Life in the Thermosphere" should be taken seriously?

Prof. Matthew Szydagis: No, for multiple reasons. (1) I cannot find a single equation in the entire paper. Not one formula. I tell my students this is one sure-fire way to determine if a physics paper is "real" or not. (2) The lead author, Rhawn Joseph, is a well-known pseudo-scientist who has twice unsuccessfully sued NASA for failing to act on his claims regarding life on Mars. He has no apparent affiliation with a university, but is affiliated with Cosmology-dot-com, which is a truly nutty pseudo-science journal. (3) The new plasma paper appears in the Journal of Modern Physics. This journal has an "impact factor" of less than 1, which means that on average, papers published there are cited elsewhere less than once. Since references are integer numbers, that means this journal publishes lots of papers that nobody cites anywhere. That's considered a joke in physics. (4) A plasma is just a ball of hot gas. It is not well enough organized to engage in complex behavior. Where is the brain, where are the neurons? (5) In my opinion, playing up a paper that is this weak damages credibility of UAP studies.

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
The "plasma" thing has been out there for a while now from the Project Condign report from Britain. I guess its the modern day "swamp gas" of debunking.

Project Condign (not to be confused with the Condon Committee) was a secret unidentified flying object (UFO) study undertaken by the British Government's Defence Intelligence Staff (DIS) between 1997 and 2000.

The report concluded that UFOs had an observable presence that was "indisputable", but also that no evidence has been found to suggest they are "hostile or under any type of control". According to its author/s the majority of analyzed UFO sightings can be explained by the misidentification of common objects such as aircraft and balloons, while the remaining unexplainable reports were most likely the result of a supernormal meteorological phenomena not fully understood by modern science. This phenomenon is referred to in the report as "Buoyant Plasma Formation," akin to Ball Lightning, and is hypothesized to produce an unexplained energy field which creates the appearance of a Black Triangle by refracting light. The electromagnetic fields generated by plasma phenomena are also hypothesized to explain reports of close encounters due to inducing perceptual alterations or hallucinations in those affected. The Condign report suggests that further research into "novel military applications" of this plasma phenomenon is warranted, and that "the implications have already been briefed to the relevant MoD technology managers." The report also notes that scientists in the former Soviet Union have identified the close connection between the 'UFO Phenomena' and Plasma technologies," and are "pursuing related techniques for potential military purposes."

Close encounters

The report described people who believed themselves to have had close encounters as being convinced of what they said that they had seen or experienced, but also as not representing proof that such encounters were real. It attributed a number of cases to the "close proximity of plasma related fields" which it said could "adversely affect a vehicle or person".

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
www.politico.com

Former UFO boss: Pentagon needs to be less secretive

Sean Kirkpatrick says the Defense Department would have benefited from engaging with the public on unknown aircraft.

"There was a very strong concern to engage in the public discourse as often as I thought we needed to," Kirkpatrick said. "The fact that they [Pentagon leadership] can't figure out how to get at that message without concern for spillage into other areas has always been a frustrating point."

He made the comments after POLITICO reached out for a response to a Defense Department Inspector General report in late January concluding the Pentagon's efforts to identify UFOs are "uncoordinated" and could have overlooked threats to the U.S. Kirkpatrick now provides strategic scientific and intelligence consulting services under Nonlinear Solutions LLC, and serves as the chief technology officer for Oak Ridge National Laboratory.

Kirkpatrick added in the interview that his former boss, Deputy Secretary Kathleen Hicks, was supportive of his efforts as UFO chief. Still, his attempts to engage the media always met internal resistance in the staffing process, he said. Kirkpatrick did only two on-camera interviews during his 18 months in office. He also conducted two print interviews, including with POLITICO, and two off-camera media briefings.

Eric Pahon, a Pentagon spokesperson, disputed Kirkpatrick's claim that the department shot down the UFO chief's media requests.

"Standard procedure within the department is to have public engagements cleared by higher officials. To our knowledge, any media engagement Dr. Kirkpatrick recommended or requested was approved," Pahon said. "Dr. Kirkpatrick's commitment to transparency with the United States Congress and the American public on UAP leaves a legacy the department will carry forward as [the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office] continues its mission."

Kirkpatrick said the Pentagon is reticent to engage on the subject because it's concerned about getting caught up in a web of conspiracy theories that has long existed surrounding the issue of UFOs. He argued that staying silent just exacerbates the problem.

"If there is a void in the information space, it will be filled with the imagination of the public right and the conspiracies and these accusations," Kirkpatrick said.

Instead, he argued the Pentagon should be "more forceful" in explaining and defending AARO and its mission — which is to investigate these unexplained phenomenon that may pose a threat to U.S. operations, he said, not "to go and find extraterrestrials."

While he said Pentagon leadership generally was reluctant to talk publicly about UFOs, he praised Hicks for her support of the AARO mission.

"She was the catalyst that made us get to where we were," Kirkpatrick said. "I could not have done it without her."

Still, one thing that could have benefitted from more transparency was the recent Inspector General report that DOD just released concluding the Pentagon's efforts to identify UFOs are "uncoordinated" and could have overlooked threats to the U.S.

That review, which began internally rather than from an outside request, covered only a period of time up until AARO office launched, Kirkpatrick said. While he reviewed the report last summer and agreed with all of its findings, "they didn't really fully account for the progress that has been made" by AARO, he said.

AARO tried to get the IG to include a review of the office's actions, but "they wanted to close it out," he added. The final report "can be very misleading if you aren't aware of all the context," he said.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/ddeanjohnson/status/1755230361116676249
On February 6, 2024, two top officials of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) sent a memo to records managers at federal agencies, instructing them to begin identifying records related to Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP), as required by provisions of the National Defense Authorization Act enacted December 13, 2023 (Public Law 118-31). The provision that was enacted was a greatly narrowed revision of the Schumer-Rounds UAP Disclosure Act that the Senate had approved in July 2023.

The new law requires NARA to assemble from throughout government all records "relating to unidentified anomalous phenomena, technologies of unknown origin, and nonhuman intelligence (or equivalent subjects by any other name with the specific and sole exclusion of temporarily non-attributed objects)..."

However, I note here that federal law defines only one of those four key terms, "unidentified anomalous phenomena," and even that definition was crafted for a different purpose.

I asked Laurence Brewer, Chief Records Officer for the U.S. Government and the lead signer of the February 6 memo, "Will the forthcoming 'finding aid' contain explicit definitions for all four terms, and if so, to what sources will NARA look in developing those definitions?" Mr. Brewer's response: "More information is forthcoming related to the details of the guidance and other requirements."

GFvQ9NUWEAAh61b

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
www.thewrap.com

Watch Martin Scorsese's UFO-Filled Super Bowl Commercial | Video

Martin Scorsese took a page out of the Spielberg playbook and finally made a sci-fi movie, or commercial rather for the upcoming Super bowl.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp5v3-3Hc-E

Martin Scorsese took a page out of the Spielberg playbook and finally made a sci-fi movie, or commercial rather, for the upcoming Super bowl.

"At my age, it's a stretch finding a directorial debut. When Squarespace first approached me to create a spot, I thought this was my shot," Scorsese said in a statement. "Let's go big, let's do something out of this world – space guys building a website. I'm a New Yorker. We're busy, always on the move. Would we even notice extraterrestrials living among us? It's going to launch on this show called Super Bowl? Supposed to be big!"

"At Squarespace, we have always said that an idea isn't real until you make a website for it," David Lee, Chief Creative Officer at Squarespace added. "It's been an honor to work alongside the cinematic legend Martin Scorsese to bring this insight to life through his lens for our 10th Super Bowl campaign. Our focus on design and creativity has always been at the heart of our business and the reason why people choose us – and nothing illustrates this more than our Super Bowl campaigns."

"Hello Down There" will run during the first half of Super Bowl LVIII on Sunday.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/canberratimes/status/1756403539176505838

In October, the Canberra Times reported Australia ignored the United States-led Five Eyes meeting about Unidentified Anomalous Phenomenon (UAP) - the contemporary term for UFOs - despite the US labelling the issue a "national security threat".

The Department of Defence denied attending multiple times, including in a response to a question on notice by Greens Senator Peter Whish-Wilson in the May Senate estimates.

In response, the Department of Defence backflipped on its previous answer.

"Yes [Australia was invited to the UAP briefing]. A Defence representative at the Australian Embassy in Washington attended," the department stated.

However, the Department of Defence would not confirm the details and refused to answer any questions about why it had misled Senators in its previous response.

Australia's UAP policy has previously been criticised for being out of step with its closest military allies, including the US, which introduced mandatory UAP reporting for defence personnel in 2021.

The past three years, the US has held multiple Congressional hearings and commissioned several reports, while the Pentagon has created a new division dedicated to researching UAPs.

Other allies have acknowledged the unknown aerial phenomenon, including the UK, Canada, France and Spain.

Despite the renewed interest in the topic from other Western nations, Australia has no plans to implement reporting mechanisms for pilots.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/AskaPol_UAPs/status/1756570878114926867

Ask a Pol asks:

"What was your guys' classified UAP briefing in January? You have it on your public schedule."

Gillibrand:

"Umm. It wasn't about UAP," Gillibrand exclusively tells Ask a Pol. "It was in the context of that, but it was not about that. It was about broader…"

View: https://twitter.com/AskaPol_UAPs/status/1756464151117873615

Ask a Pol asked:

"Did you see any of Sean Kirkpatrick's — from AARO [All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office] — his statements since leaving?"

Rubio:

"There's a whistleblower complaint filed by one of them, and, ultimately, I mean, we haven't spent a tremendous amount of time on it lately but I was hoping that's what AARO would do!"

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/AskaPol_UAPs/status/1758264979206058213
Then Ask a Pol walked away with Norman where we inquired about the briefing the Conservative Opportunity Society received Wednesday from Lue Elizondo, two pilots — one who's a veteran combat pilot who "took pictures," according to Norman — and a scientist.
"It's been portrayed by the media as crazies that are identifying unidentified flying objects, but it's not," Norman exclusively told Ask a Pol. "He's been doing this 30-some years. Combat veteran. Very qualified. I'm gonna have him back. In fact, we may open it up. Everybody ought — y'all ought to know it — everybody should."
"I heard he corroborated what the whistleblower, David Grusch, testified to this summer?" Laslo inquired.
"Absolutely," Norman replied to Ask a Pol. "Yes."

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
www.psychologytoday.com

The Danger of UFOs Is Not What You Think

Our psychological response to the unfamiliar holds the real threat.

KEY POINTS
  • UFO sightings are usually dismissed as hoaxes or reports of misguided individuals.
  • Such derision arises, in part, from a psychological need to predict and control our fates.
  • Discounting possibilities that make us uncomfortable can make us vulnerable to those same possibilities.

I knew an intelligence officer who, decades ago, returned from the field with strong evidence that an adversary might be employing extremely unorthodox techniques to mask their activities. When he presented his suspicions to superiors, the response was: "Keep your theories to yourself. That's so bizarre, the giggle factor will destroy your reputation."

This "giggle factor" applied to any topic such as UFOs, ESP, or far-out theories that were so far removed from normal experience that serious intelligence professionals would snicker at both the idea and whoever advanced the idea.

A present-day example of the giggle factor surrounds the US Defense Department's (DOD's) investigation into UFOs, now called unidentified aerial phenomena (UAPs). Despite establishing a formal office to investigate UAPs and encouraging DOD employees to report sightings without fear of the consequences, the reality is that many officials working in national security privately (or not so privately) snicker at the possibility that UFOs are "real," viewing anyone who takes the topic seriously as part of the "tinfoil hat brigade."

One individual told me, "Yeah, the Pentagon set up the UAP investigation group, but it was all window dressing to get members of Congress who want answers about UFOs off their backs."

Lue Elizondo, who led the Pentagon UAP investigations until 2017 said that he wanted to alert Secretary of Defense Mattis to flight safety and potential military hazards of UAPs, but the "Praetorian guard" around the Secretary wouldn't allow it. In frustration, Elizondo resigned to continue his investigations outside the government.

Elizondo and others who took UFOs seriously were not victims of a sinister coverup or conspiracy but a fundamental psychological need to believe we have control of our lives in the present and to predict what will happen to us in the future.

Research on the roots of emotional stress demonstrates that feeling out of control in the present and uncertain about the future are two of the biggest drivers of chronic stress.

As a result, we unconsciously adjust our perception of events to remain inside a low-stress comfort zone where we have at least the illusion of control and predictability of our fates.

Thus, when presented evidence of uncontrollable or unpredictable changes to our lives, we tend to discount (and even giggle at) looming disruptions like climate change, COVID-19, UFOs, and other circumstances far outside our normal experience.

Although UFOs may all turn out to be misidentifications of benign human activity (errant party balloons or drones), natural phenomena (e.g., ball lightning), or perceptual errors (optical illusions), credible reports, video, and radar information captured by the US Navy in 2004 and 2015 suggest that something more exotic and unexplained is behind a few of the reports.

"Something exotic" does not necessarily mean ETs but could indicate that a foreign adversary has leapfrogged the United States in aerospace technology, which has occurred before when Russia surprised us with the first satellite (Sputnik) and both China and Russia fielded hypersonic missiles long before we did. If some UFO sightings are indeed foreign actors surveilling us or testing our responses and military capabilities (UFOs are frequently reported around U.S. military ranges and nuclear areas), then UFOs merit more than a giggle from defense officials.

But the long-standing association of UFOs with aliens will continue to cause potentially real, nonalien threats to national security from UFOs to be the "baby that is thrown out with the bathwater" and continue to be discounted. If a foreign actor surprised us in a future conflict using leapfrog technology, it's hard to say what would happen on the battlefield, but one thing is certain: No one in the Pentagon would be giggling anymore.

The UFO giggle factor raises a far bigger issue than the origins of mysterious flying objects that may or may not pose a threat.

Unconsciously adjusting our perceptions to reduce stress associated with potentially disruptive phenomena is normal, and even healthy under most circumstances, because stress is a big driver of both physical and mental illness.

But the pace of change from technology, globalization, demographic shifts, and other factors is accelerating, so that unfamiliar and uncomfortable disruptions to our jobs, our relationships, and our well-being are likely to come at us at an ever-increasing rate.

Ridiculing the prospect of the most extreme of these looming disruptions will keep us in our comfort zones for a while but, sooner or later, leave us ill-prepared for the next 9/11, pandemic, war, or capitol riot.

Yes, we should not overreact to the prospect of low-probability/high-impact disruptions, but neither should we giggle, lest someone else enjoy the last laugh.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/blackvaultcom/status/1760312211837423876
The "Air Intelligence Division Study: Analysis of Flying Object Incidents in the United States," dated December 10, 1948, is a crucial document in the history of UFO research. Originally classified as Top Secret, it was ordered to be destroyed in 1950, but surviving declassified copies have been obtained and studied by researchers such as Michael Swords, Jan Aldrich with Project 1947, the late Clifford Stone, and many others.

This document provides an early analysis of UFO sightings and the government's approach to understanding these phenomena. Its survival has made it a valuable resource for understanding the initial stages of official UFO investigations.

2024-02-21_05-49-02.png

Estimated to be going 840-900MPH, the fastest known record at the time was 650MPH set on August 25, 1947, by Major Marion Eugene Carl, USMC, in a Douglas D-558-1 Skystreak. The next record came after this UFO encounter, but still was shy of the speed at only 670MPH, and that was set on October 14, 1947, by Chuck Yeager in the Bell X-1.

The report also discusses the potential explanations for these sightings, including natural phenomena, misidentifications, and foreign technology.

The significance of this document lies not only in its content but also in its historical context. It provides insight into the government's early efforts to understand and address the UFO phenomenon, which was a topic of growing public interest and concern at the time. The decision to classify the document as Top Secret and later order its destruction reflects the sensitivity and potential implications of the information it contained.

Researchers who have studied the document have highlighted its importance in the broader history of UFO research. It is seen as a key piece of evidence in understanding the government's initial response to UFO sightings and the development of official investigation programs like Project Blue Book.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Records Related to Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAPs) at the National Archives

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) has established an ‘‘Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena Records Collection," per sections 1841–1843 of the 2024 National Defense Authorization Act (Public Law 118-31). Please explore the links below to find out more about records related to...

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) has established an ''Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena Records Collection," per sections 1841–1843 of the 2024 National Defense Authorization Act (Public Law 118-31).

Please explore the links below to find out more about records related to unidentified anomalous phenomena (UAPs)/unidentified flying objects (UFOs) in NARA's holdings. All links to items in the National Archives Catalog are downloadable and can be republished with attribution to the National Archives and Records Administration.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
thehill.com

Utah study reveals the ‘best’ place for UFO sightings

According to a recent study led by University of Utah geographers, the “best” place to spot UFOs is the American West.

According to a recent study led by University of Utah geographers, the "best" place to spot UFOs is the American West.

Using data from the National UFO Research Center, U of U geographers examined the influence of environmental factors and whether they increase or decrease the number of reported sightings of UFOs — now referred to as Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena, or UAPs.

The university referred to the movement of UAPs from the realm of conspiracy theories to reality when a whistleblower spoke to the House Oversight Committee in July 2023 about his experience seeing UFOs.

"The U.S. Department of Defense has increasingly taken UAP, formerly known as Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs), as a serious threat to national security," the university said.

Data used in the National UFO Research Center (NUFORC) study amounted to 98,000 total sighting reports between the years 2001 and 2020.

With those reports, researchers examined the "sky view potential" — how much light pollution is in the area — for each county in the contiguous states. They also looked at cloud cover and tree canopy cover, plus the proximity to airports and military installations, according to the press release.

"The authors note that the National UFO Research Center's data is a public, self-reporting system with no real way to verify hoaxes," the university said. "However, the authors assert that if the data were entirely invalid due to some psychological and sociological cause, then there would be no spatial pattern. But there is."

"There's more technology in the sky than ever before so the question is: What are people actually seeing?" Medina asked. "It's a tough question to answer, and it is an important one because any uncertainty can be a potential threat to national security,"

"By examining the spatial distribution of reports and how they relate to the local environment, we hope to provide some geographical context that may help resolve or understand reports by both the public and in military settings," Brewer said.

Sean Kirkpatrick is another co-author of the study.

"The U.S. government — the military, intelligence, and civil agencies — needs to understand what is in the operating domains to ensure the safety and security of the nation and its people," said Kirkpatrick, who is also the first director of the AARO and an adjunct assistant professor of physics at the University of Georgia.

Kirkpatrick added that the scientific community is responsible for investigating the unknown and educating about the unknown.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
www.ctvnews.ca

Canadian government's top science advisor provides update on official UFO study

The Canadian government's top scientific advisor is calling for the release of more UFO information and says her office is working on a public report that will be published this year.

The Canadian government's top scientific advisor says her office will release a public UFO report by early fall.

Speaking to lawmakers in Ottawa this week, Mona Nemer also said that more can be done to make UFO information available to Canadians.

"I think that there is room for improvement in terms of the gathering, reporting on the information, and also making it available to researchers and to the public," Nemer told.

"I can appreciate that some, you know, may be of national security concern, but I believe that by and large, that you can make the information public – and I think that's the best way to mitigate conspiracy theories and disinformation."

"We should be on track for releasing the report at the end of summer, early fall," Nemer said on Tuesday. "I think our report is going to be quite fascinating on the historic front, so stay tuned."

"The enthusiasm or the responses have been uneven," Nemer revealed. "Sometimes the information is more complete or, you know, more cryptic than we'd like it to be, which is why in some cases I will be engaging directly with the deputy ministers to make sure that we have the information that we need."

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
thehill.com

Spy balloons, drones and advanced UAP pose a clear and present danger

I continue to hear from military pilots about sightings of UAP in restricted airspace.

Unidentified objects in defended airspace represent a domain awareness gap. This gap poses a clear and present danger to pilots and our soldiers that is more acute than ever.

Whereas the Chinese spy balloon was visible to civilians from the ground, the three other objects shot down by American fighters over Alaska, Canada, and Michigan the following weekend were only detected after the North American Aerospace Defense Command removed Cold War-era filters from its radar. Previously, filters excluded anything too small, too high, too slow, or too fast to be a Soviet bomber or ballistic missile. For decades, despite radical advances by adversaries in balloons, drones and hypersonic capabilities, we have been stuck in a Cold War psychology, blind to much of what was overhead.

The shootdowns last February marked the first time in the 50-year history of NORAD that fighters destroyed objects in our airspace. President Biden did not mince words: "if any object presents a threat to the safety and security of the American people, I will take it down."

Yet, in this new era of aerial threats, I continue to hear from military pilots about sightings of UAP in restricted airspace. I also hear from commercial pilots with accounts of hard-to-explain sightings and the challenges they encounter in reporting them to the government.

The inspector general of the Department of Defense recently released an unclassified report which found that the department "has no overarching UAP policy and, as a result, it lacks assurance that national security and flight safety threats to the United States from UAP have been identified and mitigated."

There is much to be done. It is unacceptable that we cannot identify UAP that may be adversarial platforms and a threat to the safety of our military and civilian pilots. Let's identify what's in our skies.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/blackvaultcom/status/1765455887878258979

Newly released documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) by software engineer and UAP researcher Abbas Michael Dharamsey have unveiled details of a mysterious Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (UAP) sighting that occurred on January 26, 2023. The incident, which was first brought to public attention during a UAP hearing in Congress, involved a U.S. Air Force pilot encountering four separate UAPs during a test mission over the Gulf of Mexico. The documents have been verified by The Black Vault.

Congressman Matt Gaetz, who played a pivotal role in revealing this incident to the public, recounted his experience in seeking information about the event. Gaetz described how he, along with other Congress members, was initially denied access to crucial evidence, including images and radar data. However, following a discussion on authority, they were granted access to an image captured by one of the flight crew members, depicting an object unlike any known human-made technology.

The FOIA documents reveal a declassified summary of the event, which describes the lead UAP as resembling an "Apollo spacecraft" in size and shape, with an "orange-reddish" illuminated bottom and a "three-dimensional cone shape" top composed of "gunmetal gray segmented panels."

The pilot managed to gain radar lock on the UAP and obtain a screen capture of the object, while the remaining three were only detected by radar. Notably, upon approaching within 4,000 feet of the lead UAP, the pilot's radar malfunctioned and remained disabled for the rest of the mission, with post-mission investigations failing to conclusively diagnose the fault.

Drawing of UAP released via the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) The documents also include a drawing of the UAP, providing a visual representation of only a part of the pilot's encounter.

However, a responsive video related to the incident was withheld in full under Exemption (b)(1), which protects information deemed critical to national defense or foreign policy and properly classified under an Executive order. This video was not previously mentioned by Gaetz, and it is unclear if Gaetz had seen the video, or if the image he did see was a screen grab from it.

2024-03-06_10-28-16.jpg

2024-03-06_10-36-25.jpg

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/LueElizondo/status/1765520696657039549

Friends, it's always most quiet before the storm. There is no going back. Some members of Congress finally know what's going on, some officials in the Executive Branch are scrambling. Efforts are underway below the wave tops. The results of which will break the surface and reveal themselves at a time of our choosing. This is going to be an interesting year for those who continue to obfuscate. We are hard at work for you!

View: https://twitter.com/LueElizondo/status/1765537705495273653

We (many of us) already provided classified evidence to AARO. Lying about it doesn't help his case. But like everything else, the truth is always revealed. Sadly, I really did try and give him a break in the beginning. No matter…his comments won't age well, nor will his narrative.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/sciam/status/1765467715794342357

Many outside observers nonetheless have criticized AARO as supposedly part of a continuing government cover-up of the existence of aliens. Interestingly, they have not provided any verifiable evidence of this, nor are some of the more outspoken willing to engage with the office to discuss their positions or offer up the data and evidence they claim to possess. Too often these critics and their supporters rely on secondhand "friend of a cousin" reporting with no personal firsthand knowledge or rigor in their critical thinking. Some claim that those with firsthand knowledge of this supposed cover-up have relayed it to AARO, but no source in my tenure as director of the office had firsthand knowledge of anything to do with an alleged reverse-engineering program of extraterrestrial spacecraft. While those who came forward have provided valuable information (albeit not of extraterrestrials or cover-ups), those who chose to instead titillate the national interest only stir division and hatred against the credible men and women of AARO who are working faithfully to address this mission. The AARO continues to offer anyone an opportunity to provide their personal knowledge of an alleged program involving extraterrestrials for the record in a safe and nonadversarial environment. It remains perplexing that some critics are hiding behind their own cloak of secrecy and legal maneuvering, refusing to engage with the AARO when the office has been given full authority by Congress, DoD, ODNI and others in the interagency process to review all information regardless of its classification while legally protecting those who provide it.

If people claim to have evidence involving aliens, they need to come forward to AARO to enable the office to investigate it. Otherwise, hearsay in a scientific and fact-based investigation serves only as a distraction.

There also is the possibility that some observed and reported phenomena are associated with past or ongoing national security programs completely unrelated to extraterrestrials. Unfortunately, some who have been peripherally involved in these programs are taking advantage of the lack of understanding of security compartmentalization among the public—and some members of Congress—and feel that exposure of national security activities is a public right.

Lost in the hyperbole about a government conspiracy to hide the existence of alien spacecraft and physical remains is the real potential that the unexplained phenomena represent a dangerous technological leap by our peer competitors, China and Russia (it could be weapons testing, spying or just technology testing). Such a leap would present a national security crisis. As mandated by Congress, DoD and ODNI must fully engage with and support AARO to ensure that it is receiving the resources and government-wide collaboration required. Likewise, critics of AARO must step up and become part of the solution by collaborating and providing the full disclosure of any and all information they hold.

In the multiple reports to Congress that I oversaw, full insight into AARO's methodology, status and results, both unclassified and classified, has been provided. Anyone saying otherwise is not part of the 12 committees that oversee AARO's mission; critics need to learn how access to information within Congress works. If the true issue is the scope of government classification and congressional notification, that should be addressed in the appropriate fora, not by chasing ET. This is a serious, national, fact-based scientific effort to avoid the potential for a grave intelligence failure that could lead to a devastating strategic surprise to our nation. Only science and objective evidentiary-based investigation will prevent that.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/thewarzonewire/status/1765571562563072069

The Air Force further told Dharamsey that a video from the incident also exists, but that this was being withheld for reasons of national security, according to John Greenewald's post about the documents on The Black Vault.

Many of these details are also roughly in light with what Matt Gaetz, a Republic Representative from Florida, first disclosed during a hearing in July 2023.

"They saw a sequence of four craft in a clear diamond formation for which there is a radar sequence that I and I alone have observed in the U.S. Congress. One of the pilots goes to check out that diamond formation and sees a large floating, what I can only describe as an orb. Again, like I said, not of any human capability that I am aware of," Gaetz said at that time. "And when he approached he said that his radar went down. He said that his FLIR [forward-looking infrared] system malfunctioned and that he had to manually take this image from one of the lenses and it was not automated in collection as you would typically see in a test mission."

The now-released unclassified summary of the incident makes no mention of the failure of any sensor on the aircraft beyond the radar. The summary also does not say what type of aircraft the pilot who saw the object was flying in at the time, though it has been said in the past that they were in an F-22 Raptor stealth fighter. Raptors have been based at Eglin, which is also a major Air Force test and evaluation hub, since Hurricane Micahel devastated Tyndall Air Force Base, also in Florida, in 2018.

At the July 2023 hearing, Gaetz said he initially learned of the incident through a legally protected disclosure to his office. He, along with Tim Burchett and Anna Paulina Luna, Republican Representatives from Tennessee and Florida, subsequently traveled to Eglin to get more information.

"We asked to see any of the evidence that had been taken by [the] flight crew in this endeavor and to observe any radar signature ... as well as to meet with the flight crew. We were not afforded access to all of the flight crew and, initially, we were not afforded access to [the] images and to [the] radar [data]," Gaetz said. "Thereafter, we had a bit of a discussion about how authorities flow in the United States of America and we did see the image and we did meet with one member of the flight crew who took the image."

"The image was of something that I am not able to attach to any human capability either from the United States or from any of our adversaries and I am somewhat informed on the matter having served on the Armed Services Committee for seven years, having served on the committee that oversees DARPA [the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency] and advanced technologies for several years," he added.

Without seeing the imagery and other data that was collected during the January 2023 UAP incident over the Gulf of Mexico, it is difficult to independently assess what the pilot may have seen. An Apollo command and service module is just over 36 feet long and nearly 13 feet in diameter. So, if the comment about the UAP being of a similar size is at all accurate, it would have been a relatively large object.

Among what little is unredacted in the four intelligence reports released to Dharamsey are warnings that explicitly say "NOT FINALLY EVALUATED INTELLIGENCE." The reports were all sent by the Air Force Office of Special Investigation's (AFOSI) Detachment 104 at Eglin primarily to the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). They also appear to have been forwarded to a litany of other intelligence and other offices across the U.S. military and the U.S. Intelligence Community. What subsequent assessments DIA or any of those other entities may have made is unknown.

There are interestingly no clear indications that any of these reports were sent to the Pentagon's All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO). AARO was established in 2022 specifically to assist with the refining and centralizing of policies and procedures for tracking, reporting, and analyzing UAP incidents. The office is also supposed to serve as a central repository of UAP-related intelligence assessments and other data.

Still, if nothing else, "we were told by Matt Gaetz that he attended a classified briefing in which two pilots encountered, what he could best describe as 'an orb', during a routine training mission off the Gulf of Mexico. With this FOIA request, we can confirm that the event took place," Dharamsey told The Black Vault's John Greenewald. "My next steps are to appeal the request for the video to verify what the object actually looks like, try and find any possible human origin for the craft, and to file more FOIAs with regards to any investigation of the event by AARO or any other government organization."

Altogether, many questions remain about this UAP incident, but, as Dharamsey notes, there is now no debate that an Air Force pilot reported seeing something highly unusual off the coast of Florida last year.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Last edited:
OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/ddeanjohnson/status/1765866774631768429
Capitol Hill sources tell me that AARO yesterday (March 6, 2024) briefed staff to the House Intelligence and Armed Services committees, and staff to the two top party leaders (Speaker Mike Johnson and Democratic Leader Hakeem Jeffries) on volume 1 of the UAP historical report, and transmitted the classified version to those parties. (I think it is safe to assume that the parallel parties in the Senate also received the classified report on March 6.) Notably, a request went back to the Pentagon asking that the classified report be sent also to certain other House committees, presumably including the House Oversight Committee, but I have no information as to whether or how the Pentagon responded to that request. The unclassified version of the report will be released on Friday, March 8.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
They'll try to make a handoff or a football pass to their favorite press writers to do everything by the numbers and be on record. But the game is up, and the military\intelligence group created to research and give THE authoritative report on UFOs is ironically not even close to being considered an authority on this subject matter to anyone. They're just another pawn on the game board, the visible government effort to fill the sudden gaping hole made very visible to the whole of society. The thing that happens when people demand politicians "do something", except not even the disinterested masses are interested enough to suddenly pay AARO a bunch of faith and credence, they'll just continue not to give a damn.

So who is this report for? I'd say it's for the media and the politicians to use in their argument that the discussion should close. It's just another salvo in the internecene war. My ufo whisperer hat is in the cleaners though, so there's no use in trying to sound out what ripples or seismic waves are crashing about behind closed bureaucratic doors. People have said some dramatic things. Others have made some direct accusations. We saw the killing of the concessions and watering of the bill didn't end things, so I wouldn't expect things to end with a AARO report. Especially not after Kirkpatrick failed to stick the landing on his exit vault.

THIS particular part of the game was telegraphed years ago when the military and media were starting their UAP dog and pony show. Whenever they got around to trying to put this story to bed for the 'modern era', they'd go to the same platforms and editors who had always played the faithful skeptics, and use their status as public affairs media to try to mold the public opinion of this thing.

It will take more than coordinated coverage of some government report to make all this go away.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
defensescoop.com

DOD developing ‘Gremlin’ capability to help personnel collect real-time UAP data

The Pentagon’s All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office is producing and refining a new deployable surveillance capability — the Gremlin System — to enable personnel to capture real-time data and more rapidly respond to unidentified anomalous phenomena incidents as they occur, the acting chief of...

The Pentagon's All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office is producing and refining a new deployable surveillance capability — the Gremlin System — to enable personnel to capture real-time data and more rapidly respond to unidentified anomalous phenomena (UAP) incidents as they occur, the acting chief of the office told DefenseScoop during a press briefing Wednesday.

"We're working with some of the government labs, such as the Department of Energy labs, and we have a great partner with Georgia Tech. And what we're doing is developing a deployable, configurable sensor suite that we can put in Pelican cases. We're going to be able to pull it to the field to do a long-term [collection]. Since the UAP target — that signature is not clearly defined — we really have to do hyperspectral surveillance to try to capture these incidents," explained Phillips, who stepped into the AARO lead role when its inaugural director Sean Kirkpatrick departed last year.

The AARO team began developing the sensors and associated capabilities for Gremlin in October.

The team is currently experimenting with Gremlin at "a very large range in Texas," where officials have been testing the system against known drone-type targets, and some unknown targets as well, Phillips noted.

Last edited:
Report on the Historical Record of U.S. Government Involvement with Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) Volume I
OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/DoD_AARO/status/1766145163636740162

The Pentagon has disclosed that the government once considered a program to recover and reverse-engineer any captured alien spacecraft, an effort that never came to fruition but fueled conspiracy theories about a cover-up.

The Defense Department on Friday released a public version of a congressionally ordered comprehensive review of classified U.S. government programs since 1945 that debunked decades of speculation about UFOs, saying it found no evidence of extraterrestrial activity or efforts to withhold information from Congress.

However, DOD's All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office did discover a program that was proposed to the Department of Homeland Security in the 2010s, code-named "Kona Blue," to reverse-engineer any recovered extraterrestrial craft. The effort was eventually rejected by DHS leaders "for lacking merit," and never actually recovered any other-worldly craft, according to the report.

"It is critical to note that no extraterrestrial craft or bodies were ever collected—this material was only assumed to exist by KONA BLUE advocates and its anticipated contract Performers," according to the report.

Kona Blue was not reported to Congress at the time because it was never established as a highly classified "special access program." It was declassified for the AARO review released Friday, Tim Phillips, AARO's acting director, told reporters. Deputy Defense Secretary Kathleen Hicks notified Congress of the program when it was identified "in the spirit of transparency," the report states.

But that effort fueled a wave of reports of a longstanding U.S. government cover-up stemming from people with various connections to the program, Phillips said.

"That was reported as, 'that's where they hide bodies.' That wasn't true," he said, stressing that "the prospective program was never formally approved by leadership and never possessed any material or information."

The AARO office looked at US government investigations and efforts related to UFOs dating back to 1945. But these reports did not contain any evidence of the US possessing alien bodies or technology.

Some of the reported sightings of UFOs were people who unknowingly witnessed the testing or use of classified US technology. For example, the claims of seeing alien spacecraft near Roswell, New Mexico, in the late-1940s were consistent with a balloon launched under a classified program called Project Mogul.

"The aggregate findings of all [United States Government] investigations to date have not found even one case of UAP representing off-world technology," the report said.

abcnews.go.com

UFOs in storage? Findings about alien technology from exhaustive Pentagon review

The review looked at UFO sightings and reports dating back decades.

The review of U.S. government records dating back to 1945 was conducted by the Pentagon's All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO) which over the past two years has integrated the U.S. government's investigations into UFO or Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) incidents, as required by Congress because of renewed interest as to whether they are extraterrestrial in origin.

"AARO has found no verifiable evidence that any UAP sighting has represented extraterrestrial activity," Tim Phillips, AARO's acting director, told reporters ahead of the 63-page unclassified report's public release on Friday.

"AARO has found no verifiable evidence that the U.S. government or private industry has ever had access to extraterrestrial technology,' he added. "AARO has found no indications that any information was illegally or inappropriately withheld from Congress."

"AARO assesses that alleged hidden UAP programs either do not exist, or were misidentified authentic national security programs unrelated to extraterrestrial technology exploitation," said Phillips. "We assess that claims of such hidden programs are largely the result of circular reporting in which a small group of individuals have repeated inaccurate claims they have heard from others over a period of several decades."

Last edited: