mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Was there ever a point to the random giant hands Legacy Blitzwing came with?

www.seibertron.com

We Now Have an Explanation for why Legacy Blitzwing Comes with those Energon Gauntlets

Spoiler, you won't like the reason. But at least it's a reason. Now, more than ever before, Hasbro designers talk to fans directly, answering questions that they would have never answered before. Like what is up with those clear red giant hand accessories

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how many of you had the Missing Link Optimus on your radar, but I got mine yesterday and...what a trip. Gonna steal some of my own thoughts that I had written elsewhere.

Before this released, the pictures and everything they showed lead me to think this was going to be a really neat piece and it is. But in hand it's also so much more and it's really hard to describe.

My first Optimus Prime was a G1 figure that a friend gave me. It was missing a leg, his hands, and was paint chipped to hell and back. It was, by all accounts, trash but it was all I had and I loved it. My parents hated it so much that they got me the set that was part of the G2 line, with the black trailer and voicebox. I really loved that figure, but even at 6 I wondered why it was different than how he was in the movie. And here we are, some 30 years later and I'm holding the thing 5 or 6 year old me imagined his Optimus Prime could be. It's a really surreal experience.

Transforming it was so familiar but also strangely new. I didn't have to take his hands out of his chest and plug them in, he didn't stand like a lump, his arms can hold the weight of his blaster. This release comes with a Matrix, something I was always baffled he didn't have, and plugging it into his chest was this weirdly special moment. We've had many Primes with the Matrix over the years, but there was something very special about putting the Matrix into the chest of this specific Optimus.

The only other time I've really had this collecting was Haslab Unicron which was basically a thing I put on holiday and birthday lists to the letter (it even had the shuttle), despite having no idea it wasn't a real thing.

If you have any love or affinity for the old G1 Prime toy, the Missing Link release is a real treat.

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
My favorite Christmas present was a G1 Optimus that my mom still complains about having to track down to this day. You'd better believe I have both the toy and cartoon versions on the way from Amazon Japan.

DarkOxygen

Oct 30, 2017
You fine folks are going to convince me to order Missing Link Optimus, haha. Juraash I had very similar reactions to Studio Series 86 Kup and Hot Rod, almost an emotional "This is *exactly* what 5-year-old me would have wanted".

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I had no idea Missing Links were already landing. I ordered mine from BBTS so I'm not expecting them to arrive until next month.

I did receive MP-44S today. Haven't had the chance to convert him yet (I got FFVIIRb a day early and so that's going to take precedence for now), but the sticker sheet he comes with is interesting. It's got the full arm deco rather than the half deco they originally showed. And it comes with two Autobot symbols, one for the right arm and one to... I guess... cover the tampoed one to make it match? And it also comes with silver stickers to cover the yellow deco on his pelvis, which seems like a pretty odd choice when they could've just done it the reverse way.

I really wish they would've just molded and tampo'd all this like they did with ML. But I guess that's asking too much for a variant.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I had no idea Missing Links were already landing. I ordered mine from BBTS so I'm not expecting them to arrive until next month.

I did receive MP-44S today. Haven't had the chance to convert him yet (I got FFVIIRb a day early and so that's going to take precedence for now), but the sticker sheet he comes with is interesting. It's got the full arm deco rather than the half deco they originally showed. And it comes with two Autobot symbols, one for the right arm and one to... I guess... cover the tampoed one to make it match? And it also comes with silver stickers to cover the yellow deco on his pelvis, which seems like a pretty odd choice when they could've just done it the reverse way.

I really wish they would've just molded and tampo'd all this like they did with ML. But I guess that's asking too much for a variant.

Amazon Japan tried to bill me last Thursday or Friday I think, but Chase flagged it. Even after authorizing the transaction and resubmitting, AJ couldn't make it happen. Ordered it from HLJ over the weekend instead because impatient, and got it a couple days later. Even though you'll have to wait a bit on BBTS, it'll be worth it for sure.

I had a PO for 44S. I like the look of the mold a lot, but I never wanted all the stuff 44 came with. I don't need more Optimus trailers. But the colors just didn't do it for me in the end. I want 44 in toon colors released just like this. How this hasn't been a thing yet is somewhat baffling to me.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My Missing Link is getting packed up together with Kaen now. Ami Ami is pretty slow these days at shipping things out, but hopefully will get it next week.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
news.tfw2005.com

Legacy United Doom ‘n Destruction Collection Mayhem Attack Squad Chop Shop, Barrage & Malleus Minotaurus 3-Pack And Breakdown & Windsweeper 2-Pack

Via CBR.com we have our first look at the new Legacy United Doom 'n Destruction Collection Mayhem Attack Squad Chop Shop, Barrage & Malleus Minotaurus 3-Pack And Breakdown & Windsweeper 2-Pack. Read on for details about these new figures: The Transformers: Legacy United Doom 'n Destruction...

New Amazon two packs, Prime Breakdown and Windsweeper and Chop Shop and Barrage.

The latter comes up with the excellently named MALLEUS MINOTAURUS

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
What's weird about it?

Windsweeper's fine, but just painting Needlenoses' buddies silver is pretty disappointing.

Prime Breakdown just isn't doing it for me. Both of 'em seem too quick and too dirty. I realize they're just quick cash-ins so they want to save money and not change too much, but that works better for me if the base toy is already close. Breakdown pushes it too far and the illusion snaps.

Hopefully Runamuck fares better and isn't paired with dead weight.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Missing Link Prime is such a mindfuck. Being able to bend and move things that would have snapped off before, or having ratchets in places you don't expect. Ab crunches and (slight) waist rotation. I got the toy version and all the previously stickers stuff is painted on (and molded in) so exquisitely. Not missing or peeling or torn like my old one lol. I need to figure out where the kids stashed it so I can do a side by side.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Got my Missing Links and finally got some time to open them. Not sure if I'm a fan of how they did the crotch, but otherwise they're really neat.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
Wishful thinking, but watching Missing Link video reviews on YouTube makes me wonder if a G1 Optimus Prime toy could show up in a Toy Story movie, Peter Cullen voice and all.

I could dream lol

I pre-ordered the C-02 anime version from BBTS, who knows when it'll arrive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Messing around with Kaen...really nervous around the railings but otherwise he is an easy transformation. I haven't tried combining yet, I think that would end up being a multi hour process. But the waist connection to Shouki is so so small.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
With all these deep cuts they've been doing in the last few years, it's kind of wild Hasbro hasn't gotten around to Rack-N-Ruin, a character who has never had a figure in 40 years. I know there was a Cyberverse version or something in the younger line but that doesn't really count. Maybe in that comic tribute line they're about to start.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
As I don't have my nose quite on the grindstone as I used to, has that 4/5-pack with Hound been released in the UK yet? I don't have any of the other bots in it, so I'm more than happy to shell out for it.

OP
OP
Claire Delune

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
CYBERKEY POWER!!!!

news.tfw2005.com

Legacy United Voyager Cybertron Starscream New In-Package Images – Found In Chile

We now have new images of Legacy United Voyager Cybertron Starscream which has showed up at a store in Santiago, Chile! The photos were posted by Jugueteria Santiago on Instagram. We have in-package shots of the recently leaked figure, and the box reveals clear looks at both the robot and alt...
Cybertron Starscream is already damn good on its own merits, I'm not sure it's so old that is going to gain a whole lot from more modern engineering while also being a smaller figure.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How is it possible we are getting product reveals when it hits store shelves before official release statements / product shots from Hasbro?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
How is it possible we are getting product reveals when it hits store shelves before official release statements / product shots from Hasbro?
Hasbro has no idea where things are or when they get there, stores don't stick to dates.

Also, the trend is for Hasbro to announce things onsey-twosey throughout the year instead of a big blowout at the start of a line.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Ooof. This sucks. Just seems to be third-party licensed products. I wish they'd announced the categories for the streams.

Edit: Yep, garbo stream. Just third party stuff we've already seen, yet another Blaster that was inexplicably announced two hours earlier, and the Mayhem stuff that was already announced and has already been sold out for weeks in Canada.

Why on earth did they split this into four.

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man, that Blaster is tempting because Rewind isn't transparent...

I should actually get around to selling my stuff if they are going to release better versions of everything later.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
It's Eject in the SS86 Blaster. Not sure how we get an opaque Rewind unless they do another Twincast somehow. Maybe a Generations Select Lost Light crew set.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's Eject in the SS86 Blaster. Not sure how we get an opaque Rewind unless they do another Twincast somehow. Maybe a Generations Select Lost Light crew set.

I wish 86 Blaster had Rewind instead, just to give a little incentive to people that got the original release.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I wish they'd just do a tapes gift set or something, especially with the rumor that there's somehow a Voyager Soundwave on the way, presumably (hopefully) at that price point with the inclusion of a bunch of tapes.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd just do a tapes gift set or something, especially with the rumor that there's somehow a Voyager Soundwave on the way, presumably (hopefully) at that price point with the inclusion of a bunch of tapes.

This too. I just want my Blaster to have ALL his little guys.

Picked up Silverbolt and Shard today from CMDstore.

I don't own the original, but I really like this Silverbolt. There are tabs to lock the leg in alt mode, but I guess they're to help basic posing, they're not mandatory.

View: https://imgur.com/951eN3S

View: https://imgur.com/D0X4vaR

View: https://imgur.com/fCJsnWo

View: https://i.imgur.com/6OYeoZX.jpeg

Wow, is this a repaint? Looks really good and I'm not even a big BW fan.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
They showed Scrapper last Fall alongside XTB's reveal of Long Haul. XTB has beat them to market, but as always FT looks to be the winner in terms of fit and finish. I did get XTB's Long Haul and he's very good. It'll be a real close contest that comes down to what aesthetics people prefer in their Devastator. I'm just glad there are finally going to be two sets of Constructicons that actually look like the characters for once. None of the previous MP Constructicon offerings have been appealing to me.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Talking of Constructicons, is there a kid-friendly Constructicon set out there at the moment? I might have asked this before but my nephew's birthday is coming up soon...

RyanPrime_

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The Fanstoys purple is really off and I (along with TFW) have no idea where the hell they are pulling that from. The robots also have some issues where they just look incredibly wide and chunky. Ultimately though I believe this will be the best combined Devastator between XTB/FT/MMC so I am in for combined mode.

XTB wins for Robot mode though, incredibly excited for those after Long Haul.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
The FT purple looks very magenta but purple is notoriously hard to photograph. I'm not too worried about it, FT tweaks color details all the way up to final production.

Oct 25, 2017
Talking of Constructicons, is there a kid-friendly Constructicon set out there at the moment? I might have asked this before but my nephew's birthday is coming up soon...

Could be expensive or hard to find, but maybe the Super7 ReAction devastator? I also could have sworn they made one with all the individual members but now I can't find it.