GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose she could be somewhere in the 32nd century and restart S31 to help the new Federation or something.
No, that's effectively ruled out. It's the reason they used to write her out of Discovery. By that point in time, the mirror universe had drifted too far away from the prime universe and she was becoming unstable. The guardian sent her back to an earlier point in time when the two universes were still closer together.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
No, that's effectively ruled out. It's the reason they used to write her out of Discovery. By that point in time, the mirror universe had drifted too far away from the prime universe and she was becoming unstable. The guardian sent her back to an earlier point in time when the two universes were still closer together.
Ah I totally forgot that. Maybe that's why I just assumed she'd be back in the pre-TOS era.

I guess she could end up in the 24th/25th century and she teams up with "William" Boimler. lol

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Ah I totally forgot that. Maybe that's why I just assumed she'd be back in the pre-TOS era.

I guess she could end up in the 24th/25th century and she teams up with "William" Boimler. lol
Lol, it's a possibility but given that Yeoh winning an Oscar is what made them hit the gas on finally filming this, I doubt we'd get something even like "Serious" Boimler.

But yeah, the general assumption is probably back to the same pre-TOS era she came from, but since it's been left ambiguous, the 24th or early 25th century is a valid possibility.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Lol, it's a possibility but given that Yeoh winning an Oscar is what made them hit the gas on finally filming this, I doubt we'd get something even like "Serious" Boimler.

But yeah, the general assumption is probably back to the same pre-TOS era she came from, but since it's been left ambiguous, the 24th or early 25th century is a valid possibility.
If she ends up anywhere near the Lower Decks time frame, I could see her doing an animated appearance. Yeoh seems game.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I actually wonder if Clone Boimler joining S31 was seeding something, since they avoided doing anything with that story last season. Probably a coincidence. lol

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
One season left of TNG. One of the fun things of this show is spotting actors in bit roles that would become famous later.

Season 6 finale had Benito Martinez who I recognize from the Shield:

MV5BMzBiMTEwOWQtODI4NC00ZDgzLWIxMzItOTI1ZjFlYmYxZWYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDIzMzcwNjc@._V1_.jpg

latest

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Late 24th century would make a lot of sense, they could use the rebuild Enterprise D bridge and get more use out of that set, it could be fun to see Georgiou undercover as an officer on a galaxy class ship doing whatever for section 31 during a mission. Put her there as the counselor, whispering in the captain's ear, having access to a lot of information while no one pays that much attention to her. Like others have said that would also allow them to use clone Boimler as her contact at section 31. It looks like they're not bringing back Shazad Latif so why not set it in an era where they can bring another familiar face who happens to work for section 31.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Wow yep, it's all there. It's a French dub which is probably why it's "fine"... I'm really surprised Netflix didn't buy the worldwide rights.

I'm going to try resisting watching it with my high school understanding of French, but I dunno if I can resist. lol

The only thing that will suck is if you care about spoilers, it's probably impossible to avoid. Although hopefully Netflix just releases the whole thing in one go and doesn't do that "Part 1" and "Part 2" junk they do with their originals.

Okay I couldn't resist. There are definitely things you don't want to know, so please be careful looking for Trek stuff if you're a spoiler-adverse person.
AHHHHHHHH, I have to hold this in for however months it will take for US Netflix to get it. Damn it. lol

It really is a perfect season and Prodigy is now my favorite of the new shows. I think it might top TNG in my overall rankings. I'm so excited to watch this again with the English cast, but the French cast is really good.

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Wow yep, it's all there. It's a French dub which is probably why it's "fine"... I'm really surprised Netflix didn't buy the worldwide rights.

I'm going to try resisting watching it with my high school understanding of French, but I dunno if I can resist. lol

The only thing that will suck is if you care about spoilers, it's probably impossible to avoid. Although hopefully Netflix just releases the whole thing in one go and doesn't do that "Part 1" and "Part 2" junk they do with their originals.

Okay I couldn't resist. There are definitely things you don't want to know, so please be careful looking for Trek stuff if you're a spoiler-adverse person.
AHHHHHHHH, I have to hold this in for however months it will take for US Netflix to get it. Damn it. lol

It really is a perfect season and Prodigy is now my favorite of the new shows. I think it might top TNG in my overall rankings. I'm so excited to watch this again with the English cast, but the French cast is really good.

You... you watched the entire season in 8 hours??!?!

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
You... you watched the entire season in 8 hours??!?!
What are they, 24-minute episodes? 20 episodes x 24 minutes = 480 minutes = 8 hours. Skip the credits and you got yourself bathroom breaks. lol
Yep, I marathoned it. And yeah it's 20 minutes each. lol

I don't think I "binged" a show in a long time, but I did want to watch it in case it was a mistake, although it has been up for 3 days now so I assume it's just that they have the rights like that funny thing with the Australian streaming network getting Orphan Black first.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think I "binged" a show in a long time, but I did want to watch it in case it was a mistake, although it has been up for 3 days now so I assume it's just that they have the rights like that funny thing with the Australian streaming network getting Orphan Black first.

Wow. You are truly a Prodigy superfan, I can't imagine doing this (though maybe if my French was orders of magnitude better...) Glad to hear it's good!

It's wild that we don't even have a release date for season 2 on Netflix besides "idk sometime this year maybe lol" and the whole thing's just finished and ready to air anytime.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. You are truly a Prodigy superfan, I can't imagine doing this (though maybe if my French was orders of magnitude better...) Glad to hear it's good!

It's wild that we don't even have a release date for season 2 on Netflix besides "idk sometime this year maybe lol" and the whole thing's just finished and ready to air anytime.
Yeah, it got its hooks into me and I didn't want to risk it disappearing. Also the French cast is really good. I posted on TBBS it's like if the universal translator got broken and they were stuck in French. The actors really try to sound like the English equivalents... although I think it would have been hilarious if they got the original Quebec actress who was going to be Janeway to do her cartoon voice just as a stupid easter egg for nerds. lol

I will say everything I complained about with Discovery and Picard recently in terms of storytelling... Prodigy is how you do a perfect Star Trek show that balances an arc, episodic storytelling and character development. It's why I think as a whole I would rate it above SNW or Lower Decks too. And that's not even considering what actually happens in the show.

Also the show is 100% spoilerable and I can see people pumping out videos and articles about what happens for clicks, particularly if this is an "official" release and they don't have to worry about burning PR contacts (or they just don't care). Avoid Trek news sites and all that stuff if you want to keep 'pure'.

Kal Shintar

Dec 11, 2018

Apparently its been up since the 18th!

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Since it's from that random period of time, it's hard to say if there's any reason why any single season would be more watched.

I think if we're living in a reality where people want Suits-style blue sky TV content, the other Treks doing well over DS9 makes sense.

Of course that just makes Picard and Discovery going all in on long serious arcs a bit strange given that trend.

Nov 27, 2020
Of course that just makes Picard and Discovery going all in on long serious arcs a bit strange given that trend.
I think that's more a genre TV thing. We still have plenty of procedurals out there that are more bite-sized and episodic, but since the end of Enterprise and Stargate SG-1, genre TV, be it Sci-Fi, Fantasy or superhero stuff, it's been pretty much serialized serious arcs. There's a reason The Orville, SNW, and the first season of The Mandalorian felt like such breaths of fresh air.

As for why TNG S1 is the most popular season of the show on Netflix…could it be that people simply start there and then don't go as far into the show as others? Especially if they get to the end of that season and say "damn, why do people like this so much"? I could understand that…even as a weirdo who prefers most of Season 1 to most of Season 7. 😂

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame the best trek show is watched the least. Surprised with how well Enterprise does, someone on twiiter pointed out "that Enterprise works out to be the most popular show if you account for the fact that there are fewer episodes. Per hour of available content, it is slightly more in demand than TNG"
Enterprise is only the most successful per hour of available content because it ended after season 4, with the way the numbers drop every season it's likely that trend would have continued had the show continued and had it seven seasons there's no way the numbers would be anywhere close to TNG and Voyager. Enterprise lost almost half of its initial audience by season 4.

Voyager is actually doing really good going by this list, it only has worse numbers than DS9 and TNG for the first season because unlike those two Voyagers first season had only 16 episodes instead of 26. Had it ten additional episodes it would be above 7.6 million for the first season and that would make it the most watched of all of them.
DS9 isn't doing bad either, they have a smaller audience but also a very consistent one, that's actually pretty impressive for a show that runs that long. I'd rather have a show that is watched by fewer people who stick with it for 7 years than one that starts much stronger and then sees its audience deteriorate like Enterprise.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame the best trek show is watched the least. Surprised with how well Enterprise does, someone on twiiter pointed out "that Enterprise works out to be the most popular show if you account for the fact that there are fewer episodes. Per hour of available content, it is slightly more in demand than TNG"

It's a shame we'll never get more Enterprise
I think I said something similar when the raw data was released, but the main piece to consider in addition to what others have already said is the fact that viewing availability is completely amorphous in the data set.

It doesn't include US viewers at all since I think all Trek was off of Netflix here in 2022. The overall availability could potentially favor certain series if Paramount is letting the Netflix rights expire anywhere else that P+ has been launched. For instance, there were I think 3? waves that Trek TV disappeared from US Netflix as those rights expired, so it's possible that this snapshot includes data from countries where some series were still on Netflix and others weren't.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
I guess broadcast television in Canada kind of confirms this stuff too in a way, as on CTV sci-fi (the main genre channel that shows the newer shows like Discovery and Picard), they show like multiple episodes of TOS on Monday, tons of TNG on Tuesday and Wednesday and same with Voyager on Thursday and Friday. DS9 gets like 3 episodes starting at 5am on Saturday morning.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I really do need to rewatch the original Animated Series, loved it as a kid but it is probably the show I've watched the least of since then.

Sep 5, 2021

I have a question, since you watched season 2 of Star Trek Prodigy:

Did the series end with a good closed ending? Or did it have several cliffhangers like the end of season 1? If the series is not renewed by Netflix, did it have a good series finale?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question, since you watched season 2 of Star Trek Prodigy:

Did the series end with a good closed ending? Or did it have several cliffhangers like the end of season 1? If the series is not renewed by Netflix, did it have a good series finale?
100%. I think these 40 episodes could be treated as a single story, much like Avatar the Last Airbender, with each 10 episode arc being a "book". The ending is amazing for reasons I won't talk about until it comes out in English.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing that there's no option for English subtitles?
Nope, it's made for French audiences. Even the French closed captions seem broken in some episodes, which made watching it a bit harder.

Edit: I think the hope for an early English release would be if Canada releases it early. You can't stream it without a Canadian cable subscription unfortunately, but it would be "out there".