jwcdis

Jun 18, 2018
Hey everyone. Update on the Gharliera prints. I went to go pick them up in person on Friday and unfortunately what was ready wasn't up to par. There were some issues that weren't noticed until you looked at the prints up close and ultimately requires some adjustments to both the original file in how it's prepared and new separations. Art is the same. My apologies that this has taken so long but we (everyone involved) all want to make sure the final product looks as good as possible.
Thanks for sharing the update! Really appreciate you checking out the prints for quality. Hope it doesn't get to the point where it starts to cost you guys with the additional proof runs, upping the colors, etc.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Available now through Thursday, December 14th 18:00 GMT (10:00AM PST) at https://thebigscreenart.bigcartel.com/product/the-big-screen

The+Big+Screen.jpg

The Big Screen by Jeff Murray
Timed Edition
36"x24" Fine Art Giclee
Screen Printed Metallic Gold Art Deco Border
Fotospeed Platinum Etching Paper
£130.00

Printing and shipping from the UK in Q1 2024. Shipping to the US for me was £26.

lone_stranger

Aug 24, 2018
Available now through Thursday, December 14th 18:00 GMT (10:00AM PST) at https://thebigscreenart.bigcartel.com/product/the-big-screen

The+Big+Screen.jpg

The Big Screen by Jeff Murray
Timed Edition
36"x24" Fine Art Giclee
Screen Printed Metallic Gold Art Deco Border
Fotospeed Platinum Etching Paper
£130.00

Printing and shipping from the UK in Q1 2024. Shipping to the US for me was £26.
This looks fun in a where's Waldo, movie history sort of way. Hard to make out all the details at this resolution but cool concept. Thanks for sharing!

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for sharing the update! Really appreciate you checking out the prints for quality. Hope it doesn't get to the point where it starts to cost you guys with the additional proof runs, upping the colors, etc.

Thanks for being so understanding. Cost wise it actually did go up for everyone -- including the customers by way of having to wait longer ( but you won't be paying more). But hopefully they'll all like the final product.

We have some new releases coming up from Gharliera and Ilya. Some personal art pieces of theirs. Not this week but maybe the week after.

We also have a new series of things from Dave Perillo that we've been working on for a bit. They'll be at https://plushart.club maybe the week after as well.

Also started work on our next licensed 18"x24" videogame poster. New genre this time based on a new title from a long-running series that came out this year.

Last edited:

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
On sale today at Mondo, at 12pm CST:

Skinny.Ships_Elf_large_1_1024x1024.jpg

ELF Screenprinted Poster. Artwork by Skinny Ships.
36" x 24". Edition of 140. Printed by DL Screenprinting.
Ships to Select Countries. Estimated Shipping March 2024.
$80

Peanuts_PM.59_large_11_1024x1024.jpg

PEANUTS "A Good Christmas" Screenprinted Poster.
Artwork by Charles Schulz.
21" x 18". Edition of 140. Printed by Lady Lazarus.
Ships to US and Canada Only. Estimated Shipping April 2024.
$60

Peanuts_PM.60_large_11_1024x1024.jpg

PEANUTS "Melted" Screenprinted Poster.
Artwork by Charles Schulz.
21" x 18". Edition of 140. Printed by Lady Lazarus.
Ships to US and Canada Only. Estimated Shipping April 2024.
$60

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
On sale at Bottleneck Gallery, at 12pm EST:

HP_Reg_1202817e-b171-41f4-8f37-74dfdb984699_1024x1024.png

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by Drew Struzan
16 color screen print
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 350
$100 / Set: $195

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Acrylic Panel Print by Drew Struzan
Digital printing on 4mm thick acrylic panel
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered COA with BNG hologram of authenticity
Limited edition of 50
$125

HP_Art_1024x1024.png

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Art Print Variant by Drew Struzan
16 color screen print
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 150
$100 / Set: $195

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
On sale today at Bottleneck, at 12pm EST:

NanLawson_WEB_1024x1024.png

Glorious Purpose by Nan Lawson
Fine art giclee
18 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered timed edition
Edition size will be determined by the number of prints sold through Thursday, December 21st @ 11:59PM ET
$50

Glorious Purpose - Acrylic Panel Print by Nan Lawson
Digital printing on 4mm thick acrylic panel
18 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered COA with BNG hologram of authenticity
Limited edition of 100
$100

404Ender

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally home from holiday travel and was able to take a quick peek at my Deluxe copy of Amano's Last of Us print. I was a bit worried when it was announced they were going to print it as a screen print instead of a giclee like it was originally described as (a lot of potential for loss of detail, especially with so much fine line work) but I'm actually very pleased with how it turned out! The metallic inks look fantastic.

Originally when the artwork was revealed my plan was to put it up for sale because I didn't love the art, and I'm also not a huge Last of Us fan or anything (I did enjoy the show, I just haven't played the game). However, now that I've seen it in-person I'm rethinking that.

Also this thing is huge, I always forget that C&B's listed measurements don't include the white borders around the image lol

xxxoxxx

Dec 9, 2017
I'm finally home from holiday travel and was able to take a quick peek at my Deluxe copy of Amano's Last of Us print. I was a bit worried when it was announced they were going to print it as a screen print instead of a giclee like it was originally described as (a lot of potential for loss of detail, especially with so much fine line work) but I'm actually very pleased with how it turned out! The metallic inks look fantastic.

Originally when the artwork was revealed my plan was to put it up for sale because I didn't love the art, and I'm also not a huge Last of Us fan or anything (I did enjoy the show, I just haven't played the game). However, now that I've seen it in-person I'm rethinking that.

Also this thing is huge, I always forget that C&B's listed measurements don't include the white borders around the image lol

I still have to think how to frame it. I have no clue...

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017

Guess I shouldn't have skipped the Deluxe edition haha. Sounds like Cook and Becker did a great job. 39 x 28 inches is big, even for Amano. Usually only his personal work gets that large. It must have been a good day in the studio.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I only got a chance to unroll it today morning. I really love how it looks in person. I immediately got to carefully putting some even weight to flatten it out. Gotta decide how I want to frame it.

404Ender

Oct 25, 2017
So, what were everyone's favorite posters from this past year (either released OR purchased/acquired in 2023)?

I'm going to limit my answers to prints that I have in-hand. I'm in a few commissions with finished artwork that either haven't printed or haven't shipped yet that would definitely climb into this list otherwise. All of mine were released this year except for Kill Bill by Zero, which I finally tracked down a copy of.

Honorable mention goes to Kill Bill by Dave Merrell. I didn't want to put 2 prints from the same movie in my list, but I love the unique angle/framing and the sense of kinetic energy that it evokes.

My Top 5 in no particular order:

Bluey (Mark Bell)

UoS83is.jpg

Return of the Jedi (Matt Ferguson)

rQ9ikyR.jpg

Kill Bill (Zero)

SiX8KdM.jpg

Underwater Guardian (Kilian Eng)

oGMYZeu.jpg

Gundam (Rory Kurtz)

Dzv1KhR.jpeg

Last edited:

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite purchase of the year

"Time" by Yoshitaka Amano
1995, Edition of 50
18 x 24 inches

Printed at the Atelier Maeght in Paris, which also produced dozens of prints for Joan Miró and Alexander Calder. Talk about keeping good company.

MWEKeg1.jpg

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
So, what were everyone's favorite posters from this past year (either released OR purchased/acquired in 2023)?

I'm going to limit my answers to prints that I have in-hand. I'm in a few commissions with finished artwork that either haven't printed or haven't shipped yet that would definitely climb into this list otherwise. All of mine were released this year except for Kill Bill by Zero, which I finally tracked down a copy of.

Honorable mention goes to Kill Bill by Dave Merrell. I didn't want to put 2 prints from the same movie in my list, but I love the unique angle/framing and the sense of kinetic energy that it evokes.

Bluey (Mark Bell)

UoS83is.jpg

rQ9ikyR.jpg

Kill Bill (Zero)

SiX8KdM.jpg

oGMYZeu.jpg

Gundam (Rory Kurtz)

Dzv1KhR.jpeg

Those are some great picks.
Bluey's such a rad poster. Speaking of, not sure if you're into vinyl but there was an amazing Bluey Dance Mode Record Store Day exclusive that was released earlier this year. Here's a video of the zoetrope animation when the record is played and seen through a camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhsAeDLwelI
I ended up getting the Japanese variant of Matt Ferguson's Return of the Jedi. Haven't had a chance to hang it up yet but it will eventually rotate in.
One of the coolest details in Zero's Kill Bill print is that it has spot varnishing on the snakes' scales.
I'm surprised Underwater Guardian is still available. I might just pick it up to pair it with his A Dream of the Reef.
Lastly, I completely missed on the Gundam Kurtz drop. I don't even remember what I was doing but I saw Spoke Art Society's Facebook post, and even set a reminder.

1995, Edition of 50
18 x 24 inches

Printed at the Atelier Maeght in Paris, which also produced dozens of prints for Joan Miró and Alexander Calder. Talk about keeping good company.

MWEKeg1.jpg

Do you have it framed? I imagine there's a number of ideas with double or even triple mats that you can do.
This reminds me that I don't have much art of Amano's. Might need to correct that this upcoming year.

404Ender

Oct 25, 2017

1995, Edition of 50
18 x 24 inches

That's beautiful. Do you have any photos of it framed or in-hand? I feel like Amano's stuff looks so much better IRL than as JPEGs.

Those are some great picks.
Bluey's such a rad poster. Speaking of, not sure if you're into vinyl but there was an amazing Bluey Dance Mode Record Store Day exclusive that was released earlier this year. Here's a video of the zoetrope animation when the record is played and seen through a camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhsAeDLwelI

Woah, that's incredible!

I like the idea of vinyl (and particularly some of the limited releases I've seen, like the one you just shared) but I don't even own a record player and I already have a couple of other expensive hobbies, so I haven't really explored collecting them (although I do own a handful I purchased through Mondo with a particularly compelling combo of art + music). I just read about a limited release of Fred again..'s Tiny Desk concert though that I would've picked up in a heartbeat had I known about it before the drop.

I'm surprised Underwater Guardian is still available. I might just pick it up to pair it with his A Dream of the Reef.

Yeah I'm legit shocked. I'm pretty sure I remember A Dream of the Reef selling out super quick. I'm planning on pairing them up on my wall but haven't decided on how to frame Underwater Guardian just yet (Dream of the Reef is already up in a non-standard frame).

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That underwater guardian looks great. I'm partial to killian engs style. The Zelda poster is one of my fav prints ever created (even though I don't own one).

Also agreed that Amano's style looks better on paper than on a screen. Probably due to all that pencil work.

In terms of favourite prints this year I feel like I'll need to jog my memory by going back through this thread. I didn't buy too many new ones this year but in terms of the ones I bought I'd say barbenheimer (layered butter) is my favourite. It's my favourite in terms of a mix of things. The sheer ludicrousness of the meme/idea, and the execution on the poster. I'm going to try painting a plastic frame (pink) for it and if that fails I'll get a wooden frame and paint the frame for it. I'm also planning on doing something similar for the Amano vogue print (Lindsey Wixson Gucci). Those are both my goals for this January haha

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have it framed? I imagine there's a number of ideas with double or even triple mats that you can do.
This reminds me that I don't have much art of Amano's. Might need to correct that this upcoming year.

That's beautiful. Do you have any photos of it framed or in-hand? I feel like Amano's stuff looks so much better IRL than as JPEGs.

It arrived framed thankfully. You lose a lot of detail in JPEG or artbook size. His official prints are top notch, but the fine lines and gold elements don't reproduce well. I've posted the 1001 Nights and Vampire Hunter D prints before, although I bought those a few years ago.

B3T8CNk.jpg

lMOJa7Y.jpg

7aELuI5.jpg

K9CO9jL.jpg

Last edited:

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Good idea / good picks 404Ender !

Feel like I've definitely bought way fewer prints now that my walls are largely filled out in a way I feel good about (juxtaposed to the way I don't feel good about a portfolio full of good stuff that isn't going to "make the wall").

Scrolled through the thread to remember some of what was released, and boy there were some good as heck anime prints this year.

I think this Cowboy Bebop print by Utomaru (an artist I hadn't heard of prior) didn't get a lot of buzz but for my money it's the best Bebop print around and probably my favorite 2023 release. It's on deck to great framed.

Utomaru_Cowboy.Bebop_large_stroke_1.jpg

Older than 2023 prints that got framed and made the wall:

- Mathieu Bablet's The Bathhouse and it sits above my desk so I can frequently appreciate it (much better picture of it just laying on a table).

v8aUBa5.jpg

- James Jean Hound II - love this one and really like how the frame up went for it.

28VSibo.png

- Bezt's Road to Knowhere is a weird size and I slept on framing it forever, but hey, it's finally framed! Little dark and hard to see but like the art a lot.

Ro3KdAT.jpg

Didn't frame it but did pick up and really like the Ghost in the Shell by Krzysztof Domaradzki (hard to beat Ansin there!).

s4XzYeA.jpg

Prints I don't have but wanted to shout out:

- Ansin's Astro Boy is incredible.

OFouCbE.jpg

- Recently that Macross print by Shan Jiang was very good. Think it's rad it's quite limited and a bunch of folks managed to help each other get one!

5OO3TdC.jpg

Also, appreciate y'all and hoping everyone has a great 2024!

404Ender

Oct 25, 2017
Nice picks LaneDS ! It was hard for me to leave off Astro Boy and Macross, I really dig both of those art-wise even though I don't have much exposure to the properties themselves.

Great frame-ups as well. That Bezt piece gives me some serious Daniel Danger vibes.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, that's incredible!

I like the idea of vinyl (and particularly some of the limited releases I've seen, like the one you just shared) but I don't even own a record player and I already have a couple of other expensive hobbies, so I haven't really explored collecting them (although I do own a handful I purchased through Mondo with a particularly compelling combo of art + music). I just read about a limited release of Fred again..'s Tiny Desk concert though that I would've picked up in a heartbeat had I known about it before the drop.

I try not to think about all the drops I miss out on. lol
With Fred again..'s Tiny Desk Concert vinyl, looks like they'll eventually press more copies but it won't be exactly the same as the one that was recently available.

Somehow I managed to get 30 or so prints/posters in 2023. Most were purchased the year prior but didn't ship out until later. Not sure how 2024 will go but I already have seven posters preordered/commissioned. So here are my favorites that I received in 2023:

YpRKRmNh.jpg

Elspeth, Sun's Champion by Rebecca Guay
I rediscovered Rebecca Guay's art over the past few years. She created this for Magic: The Gathering's 30th Anniversary Secret Lair set. Getting the original was never feasible (it sold for $20k+) but I'm more than happy to have a giclee print of it. Probably my favorite art for the year.

8il68ezh.jpg

Ghost in the Shell by Krzysztof Domaradzki
I wasn't part of the original commission but most who were kept their foil versions and sold their regular which I bought for a reasonable price. What I liked most about this is that it doesn't portray Major naked or in some sexually suggestive pose.

1cM0pdxh.jpg

The Mandalorian Season 2 (Beskar Variant) by Amien Juugo
The Beskar variant has a silver foil finish that highlights his armor and I much prefer the variant as it has ***spoiler for Mandalorian Season 2*** Luke's arrival, which is depicted below Ahsoka on the poster. For comparison, here's the regular and variant.

My other two picks where I haven't taken photos of but are in my portfolio:

Ansin_TMWFTE-Reg_Sm.jpg
Night-2.jpg

The Man Who Fell to Earth by Martin Ansin
Macross (Night) by Shan Jiang
Couldn't believe I managed to buy Ansin's Man Who Fell to Earth when the APs dropped earlier this year (original release was five years ago!). The foil would have been nice but I'm just glad to get any version of it at all. And I've always wanted Jiang's Macross ever since it was revealed in Mondo's livestream a year ago. I like the artwork so much that I custom printed the art for three of my leverless controllers.

I'm surprised there weren't many, if at all, prints for House of the Dragon. Season 2 is slated for summer 2024 so maybe I'll see something then.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017

Feel like I've definitely bought way fewer prints now that my walls are largely filled out in a way I feel good about (juxtaposed to the way I don't feel good about a portfolio full of good stuff that isn't going to "make the wall").

Scrolled through the thread to remember some of what was released, and boy there were some good as heck anime prints this year.

I think this Cowboy Bebop print by Utomaru (an artist I hadn't heard of prior) didn't get a lot of buzz but for my money it's the best Bebop print around and probably my favorite 2023 release. It's on deck to great framed.

Utomaru_Cowboy.Bebop_large_stroke_1.jpg

Older than 2023 prints that got framed and made the wall:

- Mathieu Bablet's The Bathhouse and it sits above my desk so I can frequently appreciate it (much better picture of it just laying on a table).

v8aUBa5.jpg

- James Jean Hound II - love this one and really like how the frame up went for it.

28VSibo.png

- Bezt's Road to Knowhere is a weird size and I slept on framing it forever, but hey, it's finally framed! Little dark and hard to see but like the art a lot.

Ro3KdAT.jpg

Didn't frame it but did pick up and really like the Ghost in the Shell by Krzysztof Domaradzki (hard to beat Ansin there!).

s4XzYeA.jpg

Prints I don't have but wanted to shout out:

- Ansin's Astro Boy is incredible.

OFouCbE.jpg

- Recently that Macross print by Shan Jiang was very good. Think it's rad it's quite limited and a bunch of folks managed to help each other get one!

5OO3TdC.jpg

It has been a great year for anime/manga prints! I forgot I had picked up this Tomie by Junji Ito at SDCC. Not sure when I'll hang it up as I don't want the kiddos to have nightmares seeing it. lol

Did you get in on Mathieu Bablet's Zelda piece? Probably won't ship until February but I can't wait to get that one in.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Did you get in on Mathieu Bablet's Zelda piece? Probably won't ship until February but I can't wait to get that one in.

I did! Can't remember which user in here gave the heads up on that one happening but still appreciative! Not sure I'll have a good spot for it (it's big!) but love Bablet's style and Zelda is probably my favorite series so had to scoop it up.

(I should read Tomie!)

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017

Still mad I missed it. Had the variant in cart and just couldn't make it through checkout. First major thing I tried for in a long time and remembered why I try to avoid it.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017

Nice variety of prints! The Spirited Away print and Hound II are fantastic.

Bii Rebecca Guay is amazing. Have you considered smaller pieces from her gallery shows? The prime pieces get snatched up quick but there's usually something available.

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
After being out of it for a few years, I bought a few this year.

Of those my favorite is probably between the Macross (Night) by Jiang (already posted above) and the Amano Last of Us piece:
yoshitaka-amano-the-last-of-us_Naughty-Dog.jpg

Honestly, I wasn't 100% sure I vibed with it until I saw it in person. I love that Amano chose a quiet moment, but as others have said, it wasn't until I saw it in person that I really appreciated the line work.

Not too far behind those, I really loved the smaller print set Jake Kontou did for the TV show:

m11008292369_1.jpg
I'm only sad I missed out on a couple of those. I would have happily gotten the whole set, but I just missed a drop and therefore didn't qualify for the last one he did exclusively for those that had bought the previous ones. Still, I do love the ones I got.

Speaking of popping in person:
SpiderGwen_GhostSpider_Varnish_Fade-2_large.jpg

Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider by Ilya Kuvshinov really pops in person. The nearly invisible title ink really looks good in person too. And speaking of work Plush Art Club was involved in, I'm looking forward to seeing the Last of Us Gharliera in person too.

And last but not least:
TOTK.png

Tony Infante's Tears of the Kingdom. Another one I'm still mulling over how to mat.

Hopefully, by this time next year I'll have them all framed and mounted. Maybe I'll have those tracks installed with picture spotlights I've been planning too. And I think it's about time I just buy a flat file. I just need to find a new job first!

And thanks to everyone who contributes here! I don't do a lot on social media or Facebook groups, so often I only find out about things from y'all. I might have to take another hiatus this coming year, but I love popping in and seeing what's new in this thread.

Last edited:

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Bii Rebecca Guay is amazing. Have you considered smaller pieces from her gallery shows? The prime pieces get snatched up quick but there's usually something available.

I have a simple sketched bookplate which was included in a book purchase (I'll post it in the artbook thread). I'll eventually muster my way up to purchasing an original that is more detailed/elaborate from her.

BreakyBoy Infante's TotK just missed my top 5 for the year. I actually would have preferred if they used the full image and include a title block but what we got is still amazing.
I try to share what I can from Facebook groups. But for every must-have poster that a commission group produces, there's like 20 subpar or duds that doesn't get mentioned. Aside from that, another benefit is that if you're looking for a print, you can typically get it cheaper there vs eBay.

A poster that I liked that I don't have is Deb JJ Lee's Everything Everywhere All At Once. Will probably get it if I can get it for a good price. Also, Ken Taylor did a Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves poster but it was never made into a screen print. A small 9"x12" print was given out at the movie's viewing though.

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
It arrived framed thankfully. You lose a lot of detail in JPEG or artbook size. His official prints are top notch, but the fine lines and gold elements don't reproduce well. I've posted the 1001 Nights and Vampire Hunter D prints before, although I bought those a few years ago.

B3T8CNk.jpg

lMOJa7Y.jpg

7aELuI5.jpg

K9CO9jL.jpg

Been lurking in this thread for some time now and this thread is the reason I was able to get something from Amano.

yRt1lzm.jpg

And it totally completed my wall. Thank you all and happy new year!

58H68kt.jpg

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

Bluey (Mark Bell)

UoS83is.jpg

rQ9ikyR.jpg

Kill Bill (Zero)

SiX8KdM.jpg

oGMYZeu.jpg

Gundam (Rory Kurtz)

Dzv1KhR.jpeg
That Gundam print is amazing

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I try not to think about all the drops I miss out on. lol
With Fred again..'s Tiny Desk Concert vinyl, looks like they'll eventually press more copies but it won't be exactly the same as the one that was recently available.

Somehow I managed to get 30 or so prints/posters in 2023. Most were purchased the year prior but didn't ship out until later. Not sure how 2024 will go but I already have seven posters preordered/commissioned. So here are my favorites that I received in 2023:

YpRKRmNh.jpg

Elspeth, Sun's Champion by Rebecca Guay
I rediscovered Rebecca Guay's art over the past few years. She created this for Magic: The Gathering's 30th Anniversary Secret Lair set. Getting the original was never feasible (it sold for $20k+) but I'm more than happy to have a giclee print of it. Probably my favorite art for the year.

8il68ezh.jpg

Ghost in the Shell by Krzysztof Domaradzki
I wasn't part of the original commission but most who were kept their foil versions and sold their regular which I bought for a reasonable price. What I liked most about this is that it doesn't portray Major naked or in some sexually suggestive pose.

1cM0pdxh.jpg

The Mandalorian Season 2 (Beskar Variant) by Amien Juugo
The Beskar variant has a silver foil finish that highlights his armor and I much prefer the variant as it has ***spoiler for Mandalorian Season 2*** Luke's arrival, which is depicted below Ahsoka on the poster. For comparison, here's the regular and variant.

My other two picks where I haven't taken photos of but are in my portfolio:

Ansin_TMWFTE-Reg_Sm.jpg
Night-2.jpg

The Man Who Fell to Earth by Martin Ansin
Macross (Night) by Shan Jiang
Couldn't believe I managed to buy Ansin's Man Who Fell to Earth when the APs dropped earlier this year (original release was five years ago!). The foil would have been nice but I'm just glad to get any version of it at all. And I've always wanted Jiang's Macross ever since it was revealed in Mondo's livestream a year ago. I like the artwork so much that I custom printed the art for three of my leverless controllers.

I'm surprised there weren't many, if at all, prints for House of the Dragon. Season 2 is slated for summer 2024 so maybe I'll see something then.
Great pick ups. Would love to see the lever less controller. Your link doesn't work.
After being out of it for a few years, I bought a few this year.

Of those my favorite is probably between the Macross (Night) by Jiang (already posted above) and the Amano Last of Us piece:
yoshitaka-amano-the-last-of-us_Naughty-Dog.jpg

Honestly, I wasn't 100% sure I vibed with it until I saw it in person. I love that Amano chose a quiet moment, but as others have said, it wasn't until I saw it in person that I really appreciated the line work.

Not too far behind those, I really loved the smaller print set Jake Kontou did for the TV show:

m11008292369_1.jpg
I'm only sad I missed out on a couple of those. I would have happily gotten the whole set, but I just missed a drop and therefore didn't qualify for the last one he did exclusively for those that had bought the previous ones. Still, I do love the ones I got.

Speaking of popping in person:
SpiderGwen_GhostSpider_Varnish_Fade-2_large.jpg

Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider by Ilya Kuvshinov really pops in person. The nearly invisible title ink really looks good in person too. And speaking of work Plush Art Club was involved in, I'm looking forward to seeing the Last of Us Gharliera in person too.

And last but not least:
TOTK.png

Tony Infante's Tears of the Kingdom. Another one I'm still mulling over how to mat.

Hopefully, by this time next year I'll have them all framed and mounted. Maybe I'll have those tracks installed with picture spotlights I've been planning too. And I think it's about time I just buy a flat file. I just need to find a new job first!

And thanks to everyone who contributes here! I don't do a lot on social media or Facebook groups, so often I only find out about things from y'all. I might have to take another hiatus this coming year, but I love popping in and seeing what's new in this thread.
That spider Gwen looks vibrant and I'm happy so many other folks love that Zelda print. It was a fantastic print for such a fantastic game. I feel like I rarely see a truly exceptional print for a game the year it comes out.
I have a simple sketched bookplate which was included in a book purchase (I'll post it in the artbook thread). I'll eventually muster my way up to purchasing an original that is more detailed/elaborate from her.

BreakyBoy Infante's TotK just missed my top 5 for the year. I actually would have preferred if they used the full image and include a title block but what we got is still amazing.
I try to share what I can from Facebook groups. But for every must-have poster that a commission group produces, there's like 20 subpar or duds that doesn't get mentioned. Aside from that, another benefit is that if you're looking for a print, you can typically get it cheaper there vs eBay.

A poster that I liked that I don't have is Deb JJ Lee's Everything Everywhere All At Once. Will probably get it if I can get it for a good price. Also, Ken Taylor did a Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves poster but it was never made into a screen print. A small 9"x12" print was given out at the movie's viewing though.
That DnD looks wicked. That film was such a pleasant surprise. They really nailed what makes it feel like to play DND
Been lurking in this thread for some time now and this thread is the reason I was able to get something from Amano.

yRt1lzm.jpg

And it totally completed my wall. Thank you all and happy new year!

58H68kt.jpg
Nice frame up! The gold really goes with it.

I bought a cheap slim plastic frame for my one today. Debating whether to paint the frame white or leave it black. I was initially planning to paint it white but I like how a black frame goes with it so I'm conflicted now

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Maten - 1984 (horizontal)
Hiten -1989 (vertical)
Yoshitaka Amano
40.5 x 28.5 inches
$150

Signed vintage old stock posters. The page calls out stains and bends.

16 and 12 copies left as of this post, they had 30 of each initially. Available on Amano US store.

EDIT: Sold out

Aar3Qv4.jpeg

OQHtqMq.jpeg

Last edited:

404Ender

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. I'm trying to cut down on impulse purchases in 2024 and this drops right out of the gate lol 😂

I passed, but between the super low run and the vintage angle, that price seems like a steal. They're pretty large, too.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. I'm trying to cut down on impulse purchases in 2024 and this drops right out of the gate lol 😂

I passed, but between the super low run and the vintage angle, that price seems like a steal. They're pretty large, too.

Yeah they sold out quick. Not surprised either, those were the covers for his first two artbooks.

If they're combing through old merch, maybe they can bring these back? (Thanks Wayback Machine)

TLdt9zR.jpg

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maten - 1984 (horizontal)
Hiten -1989 (vertical)
Yoshitaka Amano
40.5 x 28.5 inches
$150

Signed vintage old stock posters. The page calls out stains and bends.

16 and 12 copies left as of this post, they had 30 of each initially. Available on Amano US store.

EDIT: Sold out

Aar3Qv4.jpeg

OQHtqMq.jpeg

Wow both are awesome and that second one would have been an instant purchase for me. I guess my wallet dodged a (beautiful)bullet