oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
SHO vs Hiromu was a fucking terrible match

funny in isolation yes

but as a main event

garbage

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from a match or two from a big event here and there, I'm done watching NJPW, House of Torture have won. The end of Resurgance was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Great day of BOSJ from start to finish, from match quality to the crowd. Best one so far!
Hiromu vs SHO could have been like 5 minutes shorter, but it was a fun main event to do in Hiromu's hometown. Murashima going "sorry, I couldn't find the key" TWICE cracked me up.🤣

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Dragon dia is very athletic but man he has zeeeero impact to his moves.
Also the top knot has never done more for a radsler than driller

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Dragon dia is very athletic but man he has zeeeero impact to his moves.
Also the top knot has never done more for a radsler than driller
Kevin Knight had the same issue until recently. Cool jumps and all, but lacking in the impact department (also had some of the lightest strikes around). Definitely got better though, it's all clicking now.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Hechicero vs Connor Mills was really good from the FantasticaMania UK first show. Show had a lot of tech issues so I tuned out this morning and will watch when they reupload it.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
DDT doing a pretty good bit for a show that has only one match (Super Sasadango Machine vs Sanshiro Takagi) - they have 51 different ticket types with some... interesting quirks:

dramaticddt.wordpress.com

The 51 Types Of Tickets Available For Takagi Vs Sasadango

DDT “SANSHIRO TAKAGI VS SUPER SASADANGO MACHINE ONE MATCH EVENT”, 26/06/2024 Shinjuku FACE 1. Special Single Match: Sanshiro Takagi Vs Super Sasadango Machine Behold the most bizarre set of seating…

21. SSM Replacement Ticket – 8,000 yen
You will get to briefly participate in the match as a substitute for Super Sasadango Machine in order to reduce his busy work schedule. Applicants must be at least 180cm tall and be available to take part in a remote meeting held one hour before the match begins. You also must return the Sasadango mask that will be given to you when you are done with it.

this sounds familiar 🤔

23. Pretend To Be A Reporter Ticket – 12,000 yen
You can relax and watch the match from the press box while pretending to be a reporter. You can also participate in the post-match events. (The "Yu Manabe Option" is also available for an additional fee)

28. Don't Laugh Ticket – 10,000 yen
Every time you laugh during the match you will be punished by getting hit in the butt by one of the wrestlers at ringside.

29. Retirement Ceremony Ticket – 10,000 yen
You will be given a 10 bell salute if you want to retire from something.

51. Takagi's Worn Shoes – 20,000 yen
You will receive the shoes Sanshiro Takagi wore when he walked through the streets near the Tokyo Dome.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Watched Night 5 of the BoSJ and yeah Hiromu vs SHO wasn't it 😅. Other than that solid show with Kevin Knight vs Desperado and Kushida vs Eagles being my 2 favorite matches of the night. Connors vs Fujita wasn't to far behind them.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Thatcher vs Shelley from Thursdays Prestige show was really good. A match full of all kinds of joint locks 😆.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
The ending to the main event match for Marigold was sorta botchy, but that was the loudest I've heard a Japanese crowd in quite some time as well.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I'm adult enough to admit that Blake has grown on me over the course of this BOSJ. It's just that very first match was too much "got to get my shit in" for my taste.
I still think he needs a more focused moveset!

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
the most important thing is that Starboy Charlie should eat the pin

if NOAH can land that then I'm on board

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
the most important thing is that Starboy Charlie should eat the pin

if NOAH can land that then I'm on board

It's going to be Alejandro and you know it 😆. Although I'm guessing Tadasuke will eat the pin in the match against LIJ and maybe NOAH doesn't want 2 of their teams to lose so Charlie would make sense. 🤔