G1Abc6z.png

May 3, 2024
TNA Under Siege

TNA-Under-Siege-Poster.jpg

Mustafa_Ali_vs_Ace_Austin_or_Trey_Miguel_1_1024x576.0.jpg

the-system-vs-matt-hardy-and-speedball-mountain-1.webp

f889fa20ddac4518b779d075bbcd64dd

1.) Pre-Show: The F.B.I.(Guido, Zack Clayton & Ray Jaz) vs TBA - Tag Team Match
2.) The System (Moose, Brian Myers & Eddie Edwards) vs "Broken" Matt Hardy & Speedball Mountain(Trent Seven & Mike Bailey) - Tag Team Match
3.) Alex Hammerstone vs Jake Something - Singles Match
4.) Josh Alexander & Eric Young vs Steve Maclin & Frankie Kazarian - Tag Team Match
5.) Jordynne Grace & PCO vs Steph De Lander & Kon - Mixed Tag Team Match
6.) Spitfire(Dani Luna & Jody Threat)(c) vs Alisha Edwards & Masha Slamovich - TNA Knockouts World Tag Team Championship
7.) Mustafa Ali(c) vs Ace Austin - TNA X Division Championship

May 6, 2024
NJPW All Together

%E9%80%95%EF%BD%BB%E8%9C%92%E3%83%BB20240506_AP_001-1024x576.jpg

%E9%80%95%EF%BD%BB%E8%9C%92%E3%83%BB20240506_AP_003-1024x576.jpg

%E9%80%95%EF%BD%BB%E8%9C%92%E3%83%BB20240506_AP_002-1024x576.jpg

Match Card: https://www.njpw1972.com/173663

TJPW YES! WONDERLAND '24
May 6, 2024

dWK8NNEMc4x2KKuRRMH4wd

The 1st Match Single Match 15min.
Toga vs Shino Suzuki

○The 2nd Match Single Match 20min.
Mahiro Kiryu & Chika Nanase & Kira Summer vs Moka Miyamoto & Kaya Toribami & Uta Takami

○The 3rd Match Single Match 15min.
Yuna Manase vs Runa Okubo

○The 4th Match Single Match 15min.
Maki Itoh vs Haru Kazashiro

○The 5th Match Single Match 20min.
Rika Tatsumi& Yuki Aino vs Raku & Pom Harajuku

○The 6th Match Single Match 20min.
Yuki Arai & Yuki Kamifuku vs Mizuki & Nao Kakuta

○Semi-final Princess Tag Team Championship Match 30min.
<Champion team> Suzume & Arisu Endo vs Wakana Uehara & HIMAWARI <Challenger team>
*This is the 16th champions' first title defense.

○Main event Princess of Princess Championship Match 30min.
<Champion> Miu Watanabe vs Shoko Nakajima<Challenger>
*This is the 14th champion's first defense.

May 11, 2024
NJPW Resurgence

latest

GL5EJo3aMAAa8Ax

GL4-sEDa0AA6Qe7.jpg

GL4-sD1aIAA6_Oc

1.) Matt Vandagriff vs Adrian Quest - Strong Survivor Match
2.) Fred Rosser & Tom Lawlor vs Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs - Tag Team Match
3.) Yota Tsuji & Tetsuya Naito vs David Finlay & KENTA - Tag Team Match
4.) Jon Moxley/Ren Narita(c) vs Shoto Umino - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship
5.) Eddie Kingston(c) vs Gabe Kidd - NJPW Strong Openweight Championship
6.) Stephaine Vaquer(c) vs Alex Windsor - NJPW Strong Women's Championship

May 26, 2024
AE Double or Nothing

aew-don-main-event1-1714643545.jpg

GL-YF2DWAAAWkJv

1.) Willow Nightingale(c) vs Mercedes Mone - AEW TBS Women's Championship
2.) Roderick Strong(c) vs Will Ospreay - AEW International Championship
3.) Swerve Strickland(c) vs Christian Cage - AEW World Championship
4.) Toni Storm(c) vs Serena Deeb - AEW Women's Championship

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
there's 6 mystery matches on the NOAH show as well

I'm pretty sure it'll be good but it's going to bomb so hard 😭😂

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Monday Magic is such a weird direction for NOAH to go. It's pretty much them doing DDT back when DDT had the Maji Manji shows on ABEMA. Even weirder now that there's the Limit Break shows put together by TEAM NOAH. Those feel more like normal NOAH and also finally got some interactions with DDT going on.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Monday Magic is such a weird direction for NOAH to go. It's pretty much them doing DDT back when DDT had the Maji Manji shows on ABEMA. Even weirder now that there's the Limit Break shows put together by TEAM NOAH. Those feel more like normal NOAH and also finally got some interactions with DDT going on.

reposting this from the april thread

BTW, interesting tidbit/rumor about NOAH that I saw: supposedly the very obvious and abrupt divide between Limit Break and Monday Magic is because there is backstage strife between NOSAWA and Go Shiozaki. It kind of makes perfect sense: NOSAWA gets to book his more TV-style product with lots of luchadors, weird/silly gimmicks and "random chaos" while Go's shows are filled to the brim with grumpy old puro guys beating the shit out of each other.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
A few other Lucha related shows happening this month.

GCW Lucha shows are usually the best GCW shows.

View: https://x.com/GCWrestling_/status/1785852626153660495?t=H5DYFoac7Z5Res1XDy-XqQ&s=09

Don't watch much MLW, but they have a Lucha show coming up with CMLL wrestlers and curious to see if we get a trying version of this match or if they phone it in. 😆

View: https://x.com/MLW/status/1783946398867808743?t=U5xeHkic7aCDpCyBmNieMw&s=09

Some of the CMLL/RevPro FantasticaMania UK matches announced so far. Should be a fun 2 shows.

View: https://x.com/LyricWrestling/status/1784992102138429696?t=4YTIVdSGe6Zr8S5lpyjT1w&s=09

And not a Lucha show, but Marigold has their first show this month as well.

View: https://x.com/Marigold_Joshi/status/1785726378803146920?t=c_v4elmWY_8zF6JlzJAmAg&s=09

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
man, that NJPW show was a snoozefest aside from ZSJ vs Cobb

Tsuji isn't looking too good in these long drawn-out matches, it looks like he gets real gassed af a point after which his offense doesn't look all that impressive

Nic Nemeth may be the single most uninteresting big name wrestler out there. still doing the exact same shit for the most part. TNA can keep him. he is not a wanted man in my books.

as for the inevitable sad truth...

sorry Tanahashi. it's time 😭

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Plz give Stardom an app. I don't want to go upstairs and use air parrot to get it to my tv from my pc

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
sorry, bumped the old thread

TNA Rebellion ticket saga:

TNA: With late buys counted in, Rebellion is now at 1,200 television buys and right now you'd figure streaming to be double television. Hard to Kill did a giant increase late but right now Rebellion is 60.6 percent down from Hard to Kill based on the same number of days out. Keep in mind based on reporting that Hard to Kill that many days out had reported 3,100 buys and the final number ended up 22,400, so based on history, for whatever reason, even these numbers at this point may not be a fair indication. Believe me, if they end up 60.6 percent down, and 8,800 on TV, that's a big success. But that would take a tremendous number of late reported buys to do that

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
that nemeth/finlay stuff was just sad as hell. hopefully, a better show tomorrow

Finlay ain't it. Like nemeth is what he is but I have no idea why gedo doesn't see what everyone else sees is obvious. War Dogs could be absolutely massive but not with Finlay at the helm.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
I think Finlay definitely wins tomorrow.
I suspect NJPW office wasn't happy with Nemeth winning the AAA title (of which there was zero mention today lol)

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Finlay ain't it. Like nemeth is what he is but I have no idea why gedo doesn't see what everyone else sees is obvious. War Dogs could be absolutely massive but not with Finlay at the helm.
Probably a mix of sunk cost/loyalty at this point. And for sure, Gabe's clearly the breakout guy there but even Conners/Maloney and Coughlin when he was around had/have more to them. Not to say Dave's horrible, because he's not, but he's not someone that has quite broken out like you'd have hoped considering how much they've pushed him and centered stuff around him. He pretty much put Ospreay out of the promotion but you'd hardly know that and now he's beating one of the potential future aces of your promotion lol

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Dave's ⭐ ratings for the week.

CMLL ARENA MEXICO 68. ANIVERSARIO APRIL 26
Angel de Oro vs Templario: 4.25

Titan vs Magnus vs Mascara Dorada (Campeon Universal Del CMLL 2024 Final): 3.75

AEW COLLISION APRIL 27
Rey Fenix vs The Beast Mortos: 4

Swerve Strickland (c) vs Claudio Castagnoli (AEW World Championship): 4.25

AEW RAMPAGE APRIL 27
Trent Beretta vs Chuck Taylor (Parking Lot Brawl): 4.25

STARDOM ALL STAR GRAND QUEENDOM APRIL 27
Mayu Iwatani (c) vs Sareee (IWGP Women's Championship): 4.75

AEW DYNAMITE MAY 1
Adam Copeland (c) vs Buddy Matthews (AEW TNT Championship): 3.5

Chris Jericho (c) vs Katsuyori Shibata (FTW Championship): 3.75

Mariah May vs Serena Deeb: 3.5

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Tsuji isn't looking too good in these long drawn-out matches, it looks like he gets real gassed af a point after which his offense doesn't look all that impressive
New Japan forcing their traditional main event style on everyone has been an issue for years. Not everyone excels at 20-30+ minute slow build matches. Not sure why they're so averse to letting dudes just have like 15ish minute, fast-paced slugfests if that's what they're good at.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
First day of Dontaku was pretty solid.
The TV title match was easily the best match.
Tana vs Nemeth beat my expectations, a good first defense for Nemeth.
Tsuji vs Finlay could have been like 5 minutes shorter I guess? Still enjoyed it.

Looking forward to Nemeth vs Finlay 2

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Moxley saying he's bringing Umino and other dudes tomorrow as backup, but I have no idea who that can be. I doubt Claudio or Danielson are flying just to be at ringside lol

View: https://x.com/njpw1972/status/1786378738265133298?s=46&t=GdOCixtCzq8KIGqkt8W9MQ

Maybe Yuta is recovered from his injuries? Would be nice to have his young boys with him 😂. Maybe Claudio enters his name in the G1? Doubtful, but would be nice especially since it ends several weeks before All In so it gives him time to still be on that show in probably a multiman match.

Edit: I've been making my way slowly thru the AJPW Championship Carnival and Anzai is really good. He really impressed me during the NOAH N-1 Victory tournament last year and he just seems to be getting better.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Yuta is recovered from his injuries? Would be nice to have his young boys with him 😂. Maybe Claudio enters his name in the G1? Doubtful, but would be nice especially since it ends several weeks before All In so it gives him time to still be on that show in probably a multiman match.

G1 actually ends just a week before All In