Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Really cool chapter with some badass spreads.

Now someone explain Replacement Training like I'm 5.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
We not gonna talk about how Miwa jumped in the fight before Hakari 😤

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I do like Sukuna in full desperation mode. Yuji finally got him shook.

I'm thinking the Uruame cope was just referring to how Sukuna hadn't used every ability at his disposal yet, not that he wasn't trying.

If someone else's soul uses an ability in your body, your body remembers how to use it

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Man seriously, what are they doing with the official translation. I thought I had a good grasp of what was going on reading the scanlation but reading Viz's translation today just confused me more.

A change of palm signs, a cursed technique with a part of the brain unaffected by Unlimited Void, and the operation of a barrier technique... Having survived the black flashes, Ryomen Sukuna generates Malevolent Shrine without a decrease in the effective area or output through imprecise elements and an impromptu binding vow.
I know some of these words

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
We not gonna talk about how Miwa jumped in the fight before Hakari 😤
Respect the GOATs of this fight
RsQ1a4t.png

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Uraume and Hakari are just hanging out in the middle of all this lol.

Although I could see Hakari pulling a "sorry I'm late" next chapter tbh. Gege loves giving Yuji a second in big fights and Hakari's regeneration would let him keep up without relying on simple domain.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I do like Sukuna in full desperation mode. Yuji finally got him shook.

I'm thinking the Uruame cope was just referring to how Sukuna hadn't used every ability at his disposal yet, not that he wasn't trying.

If someone else's soul uses an ability in your body, your body remembers how to use it
So I guess it's Wee-wee's (whatever the fuck his name is) CT that I don't understand. Do people trade souls when he teleports someone somewhere else?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think the soul swapping power would have been better as an evolution of Todo's power now that he only has one hand. Clapping his hand with another's allows him to swap souls.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Honestly I think the soul swapping power would have been better as an evolution of Todo's power now that he only has one hand. Clapping his hand with another's allows him to swap souls.

Yeah, that's a good point. Especially since Todo was trained by the person who knows the most about soul stuff. It would've been a good way to reintroduce him if he's still too messed up by the Mahito fight to contribute physically.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Man seriously, what are they doing with the official translation. I thought I had a good grasp of what was going on reading the scanlation but reading Viz's translation today just confused me more.

I know some of these words
At least "Divine Flame" is a fine choice for a name

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the sense of build up here, between parts of Sukuna's brain still being fried by Gojo, and Yuji's black flashes driving a wedge between Megumi's and Sukuna's souls.

I really hope this is the end of the fight, it sure feels like it.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
So I have a theory, if both Sukuna and Yuji can use the shrine and we know that Sukuna has a hidden ability, maybe the Shrine was the cursed technique of Sukuna's brother that got to Sukuna by eating his body and to Yuji through the Kenjaku soul shenningans? That would imply that Sukuna's own technique is something else and Yuji (if he has one) has something unique. I wouldn't be surprised if Yuji unlocks his domain and destroys Sukuna's domain from within at this point.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Man that translation... I think need to re-read the chapter again. At least the ◼️ is now open.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It took hundred Chapters for why Inumaki and Angel lost their limbs but Hakari was fine

They just rejected the RCT

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder where Hakari and Uraume are in all this shit. If Hakari is in unkillable mode, depending at what point he's at he might end up getting fucked over if it deactivates before Malevolent Kitchen is over.

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
I like Not-As-Malovelent Shrine is operating differently than before and it's got some influences from Gojo (hand sign) and Yuta (different sure-hit).

Does Uraume qualify as a CG player?

Damn, Sukuna.
Hakari, keep stalling. You're actually perfect for this. Maybe we should give him a break? Edit: also, they are definitely turning into a Cursed Tool upon death for Sukuna.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
"I made villain too strong and now I gotta find a way to bullshit bridge the gap"
Between this and the hyperbolic time chamber sumo domain, which we've confirmed now was literally just for Maki, I'm rolling my eyes increasingly.

I do wonder where Hakari and Uraume are in all this shit. If Hakari is in unkillable mode, depending at what point he's at he might end up getting fucked over if it deactivates before Malevolent Kitchen is over.

I've said it before and they're literally wherever they need to be to have them entirely away from everyone else's conflict. Their fight is pure filler to keep them occupied otherwise writing either of them interacting with the others would be too difficult. Uraume would be too much for most of them to handle and Hakari would be punching the shit out of Sukuna and healing from slashes

Oct 27, 2017
Binding vows can feel handwave-y, but I actually really like this as a finale. It allows the general story of the fight (Sukuna getting slowly whittled down to the point an awakened Yuji could believably take him out) to remain intact while still giving Sukuna an appropriately cinematic final phase. Some of those double spreads were honestly amazing.

This fight has gone on for too long, and it's had some truly head scratching decisions and pacing issues. But it does feel kinda surreal we're at the point it could end in a handful of chapters lol.

(Also welcome back Lulu)
Y'all said this when Yuta used his domain 😅

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Hakari and Uraume are literally irrelevance lol
Hakari only purpose is so Uraume doesn't just one shot 99% of the cast which they could

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
We knew there was a soul swap ability even before the Gojo fight, so what you mean.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Y'all said this when Yuta used his domain 😅

Not speaking for anyone else, but I didn't think this when Yuta used his domain. Maki hadn't even shown up by that point.

Gege could drag this out, I guess. But now that we have the soul swap explanation, all the loose ends from the chapter before Gojo/Sukuna are tied up. If Sukuna had any tricks left up his sleeve he wouldn't have needed to resort to a patchwork domain with a 99 second timer. The main character got his 11th hour power up. I can't see this fight lasting another 8-10 chapters or something.

Oct 27, 2017
Not speaking for anyone else, but I didn't think this when Yuta used his domain. Maki hadn't even shown up by that point.

Gege could drag this out, I guess. But now that we have the soul swap explanation, all the loose ends from the chapter before Gojo/Sukuna are tied up. If Sukuna had any tricks left up his sleeve he wouldn't have needed to resort to a patchwork domain with a 99 second timer. The main character got his 11th hour power up. I can't see this fight lasting another 8-10 chapters or something.
We still have whatever is going on with the bodies Ui Ui has been transporting as a lingering mystery if Sukuna manages to...do something, I dunno.

survivor

Oct 25, 2017
The panel that explains Sukuna's domain makes no sense. Not just because the translation is awkwardly worded, but Gege could have just said "the domain works the same as before but with a time limit" Instead he is re-explaining the range and open vs closed barrier concept again because ??

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The panel that explains Sukuna's domain makes no sense. Not just because the translation is awkwardly worded, but Gege could have just said "the domain works the same as before but with a time limit" Instead he is re-explaining the range and open vs closed barrier concept again because ??
I think he specifically did something to close Maki in the barrier which is outside the bounds of a normal closed domain.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's the other way around, they can make it easier for him to learn a technique by using it in his body. He was able to learn Sukuna's slicing technique because Sukuna was using it in Yuuji's body.
This is what's confusing to me. Because if that was the case then why did it matter that he's a reincarnation of Sukuna's twin?

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017

So I guess it's Wee-wee's (whatever the fuck his name is) CT that I don't understand. Do people trade souls when he teleports someone somewhere else?

He can teleport "things"

That now has been revealed to work on souls as well. So he can teleport your soul into another body (and vice versa), similar to Naruto using shadow clones to rapidly learn things.

Why is this manga so wordy
Well, it's a HxH-inspired thing so :
ds8ai3u3bsb21.jpg

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
The spirit swap training isn't something unique to Yuji. It's something anyone can do. You can use it to learn stuff like RCT, simple domain, precise control over cursed energy, etc, faster than normal, but you can't use it to learn individual cursed techniques.

Yuji learned shrine because he was engineered to be a fully compatible vessel for Sukuna. That's separate from the spirit swap thing.

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
Gojo said in like chapter 14 that Yuji will eventually learn Shrine because of Sukuna and I suspect that Gojo knew the true nature of their relationship.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
This is what's confusing to me. Because if that was the case then why did it matter that he's a reincarnation of Sukuna's twin?

Who the fuck knows man, that whole twin shit is gobbledygook to me. Gege always gotta get weird with it, just make him a secret descendant of Sukuna or something. It's a lot more tropey but the current explanation feel so non-commital, like Gege wants to have his cake and eat it too. Now his dad gotta be the reincarnation of Sukuna's dead twin he ate in utero I guess.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all ever think that Sukuna's dad was probably just some fisherman that had like the anti-christ in his balls? I thought about that once.