Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
My GOAT is cooking, back to back days? Oh we're so fucking back.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone else watching the anime for the Tonbo series that Togashi recommended back in his Q&A? They actually put it on Volume 50 of the manga that recently released:

BluaF2D.png

Here was that text, btw:
The protagonist, Tonbo, is exactly like the "ideal Gon character" that I envisioned when I first conceived of the Hunter² serialization, but I failed to achieve it in the first chapter.

After I watched the first episode, I realized the Tonbo authors were possibly influenced by HxH, and then Togashi used them as an influence to write Ending D.

In Tonbo, her grandfather is named Gon and he's a fisherman. Also, her parents are said to have died in a car accident.

wk8ympz.png

In the second episode, Tonbo says, "I'll stay on this island forever! I'll never go anywhere else!"

Compare that to Ending D:
Father: "Taking over the shop and never leaving the island... that's what Gin wants now. Let's respect that."

[...]

Mother: "But Grandpa Gon was a famous Hunter...! I'm sure she'll leave the island someday."

Gin: "No way that's happeninnnggg!!"

[...]

Gin (to herself): "I'll always stay... with someone I want to be with forever..."

Just thought I'd mention that interesting connection. For those curious, the Tonbo anime is on Amazon Prime and has four episodes so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe an alluka/creepy dc specific flashback? If I remember correctly normal flashbacks in hxh have the black panel border (could be mistaken tho havent read it in a while

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Really happy to see Togashi back at it. His posts sound enthusiastic which is encouraging and with how frequent the updates are, maybe that's also an indication that he finally found a treatment that brought relief to his back issues?

Aside from watching the entire 2011 anime run, I've only read a bit of the manga. I've read up on some of the events leading up to the boat/Dark Continent arc such as
Hisoka and Chrollo's duel and Hisoka killing Shalnark and Portopi
otherwise still a lot I'm not up to date on. Was thinking I might get a Shonen Jump digital sub and remedy that.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
It'll be 10 years in late June. 😭

View: https://twitter.com/Togashicontent/status/1786840720130588701

As for his birthday, for a while I wasn't sure if the birthdays for the main four were canon since they're only in the databook, but I recently noticed that Togashi actually put them on the calendar that he and Takeuchi did for their wedding back in 1999. Here's the one for May:

The link to the rest:

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
I always forget Luffy and Gon have the same bday, GOATS

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
Nah the Gyro arc is gonna go crazy 30 years from now.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Is the assistant referring to himself doing work in analog again?
Yeah, he's been in the industry for decades and can do both. But it's so rare nowadays since so many have switched to digital. And since Togashi is still analog, I imagine it makes the work flow a little easier (he's mentioned this issue a couple times). Here's one he did at the end of 399:

vKzTJRV.png

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, saw that going around. I'd forgotten about them but found them again a few weeks ago and added the details to the wiki. And funny that that person says they finally found the page when I put the pic as a citation, heh. But maybe they wanted it in English.

And I have to think he had Sakashita in mind when designing Satotz:

ad68gwh.png

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, saw that going around. I'd forgotten about them but found them again a few weeks ago and added the details to the wiki. And funny that that person says they finally found the page when I put the pic as a citation, heh. But maybe they wanted it in English.

And I have to think he had Sakashita in mind when designing Satotz:

ad68gwh.png
Do you happen to have more of them?

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
So when do we think we'd actually see these chapters start releasing? Sometime in the Summer?
Just tough to know since we still don't know what the release schedule will look like. The assistants still have their work to do after the inking, too. August is possible, but I'd assume September/October. Though again, we don't know where or how they'll get released.

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
He's currently working on 407 at this rate we might see it mid summer. He has been hitting like 3 pages a day.

Dec 2, 2021
I wonder what causes Togashi to have theses bursts. 3 pages a day is pretty much regular mangaka pace. Before he started the twitter account I always assumed he just slowly chipped away at them and put out chapter when he had a volumes worth of content to release.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I'm caught up now. Just mainly wondering how long it will be until they meet up again/if the revenge arc will get resolved,
Ah. In that case, you'll remember Hinrigh gave Hisoka a VIP pass and asked him to wait on Tier 1 until the Troupe deals with the Heil-Ly. It's possible Hisoka doesn't keep to the deal, but regardless, I wouldn't expect much there with this batch since I see these chapters being more Prince focused.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
It seems like it's on the way soonish. If Togashi kept to a set schedule, say a volume or so a year, we'd probably have it by now.

That makes sense.

By no means to sound selfish, but one can't help but wonder how many volumes we'd have by now and where the series would be if Togashi didn't have to deal with his awful back health issues. :(

Ah. In that case, you'll remember Hinrigh gave Hisoka a VIP pass and asked him to wait on Tier 1 until the Troupe deals with the Heil-Ly. It's possible Hisoka doesn't keep to the deal, but regardless, I wouldn't expect much there with this batch since I see these chapters being more Prince focused.

Yeah, I'm guessing outside of more possible flashbacks, that's probably how it will be.

I'm mostly satisfied with the animated series ending with Gon and Ging's reunion on the world tree but it would be really interesting to see how the overall boat arc would translate to TV and how it would be received. Either way, I'm sure Mad House would kill it art wise.