Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
So he revealed the ending, well he said there's 4 possible endings but consider ending D the canon one if he dies before HxH is finished but only if he does.

The other 3 weren't detailed for obvious reasons but D was and it's fine.

Last edited:

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
That's... one rough translation. Guess I'll just have to wait for the original text (too bad that "translator" didn't bother to provide a link or something).

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
Ending C is the most interesting and I guess it's everyone dies.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not much to really take from that. It's just an epilogue barely connected to anything.

The more interesting thing is that there's three other ending ideas he has.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, the info he gave was always gonna be something closer to an epilogue since he was unlikely to give up details about the fate of Kurapika/Hisoka/the Troupe, the Dark Continent, Gyro, etc.

Still nice to see a bit of his process and to get the info about the different endings.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Also I don't think ending C would be mass deaths, at least for the four main characters. It's just not Togashi's style imo.

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be something like Dark Continent super COVID kills 80 percent of the population.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Some of those tweets announcing this made it sound like he was on his death bed but basically he just revealed an ending he considered but does not want to use. And then he joked that if he died before finishing HxH this would have to be the ending and asked for forgiveness (he thinks it's a bad ending). Like he's using this to motivate himself to finish because he doesn't want this to be the ending.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I know HxH can be a dark series.

But no way it will ever be "kill everyone" dark. Too many of its themes have a positive message despite how dark things can get, I just can't imagine Togashi entertaining that.

Now it could be something of a downer ending, like how YYH reveals Yusuke was unknowingly working for a corrupt system abusing demons to keep King Enma and spirit world in power.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
There are a few mistakes in the translation (apparently the person used AI). We're planning to put together a complete translation for both parts.

Two other tidbits from today's show:
- he recommended this golf series (that's getting an anime next year)
- the blackout ending for Meruem/Komugi was inspired by this one-volume series (you can find it on mangadex)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The ending D scenario is so generic and boring that I'm really glad he doesn't even consider it be one of the ones worth keeping secret.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Thanks for the translation AoM.

It's always fascinating to get a look into Togashi's creative process. The section about creating characters resonated quite a bit.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Why did it have to be a publisher who's put out games for series like Dragon Maid and Goblin Slayer? 😬

At least the developer seems decent. I'm not really into fighting games, but if it's on Steam, I'd check it out.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I should try to catch up before the next batch

The Dark Continent lore seems dope as hell but the verbosity of the chapters keeps scaring me away lol

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how easily a couple of scribbles on the corner of a page can make people go 👀

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
GMeY2fwWUAAyuxz