Oct 27, 2017
This interview with the Yemeni "pirate" sure has opened the flood gates once again from Destiny and his hanger-ons (Vaush, DylanBurns, Lonerbox etc.) to attack.

But strangely Hasan is actually engaging with these attacks and is what most of his streams is about now.

His numbers have been dipping, so maybe this 'drama' is actually good for him. But let's not hope he will start to debate one of the goobers anytimes soon.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
Gotta say today's Alveus visit made me miss Hasan and Maya streams. They were always great.Loved the Alveus visit.

Oct 28, 2017
Watching Hasan and Asmongold interact IRL was a trip. Like I know they've interacted online a couple times before but wild seeing 2 fellow home goblins out in the wild.

Oct 28, 2017
Parasocial moment watching Hasan/Will workout:

I should lift weights again.

Decent chance if either of them committed to working out on stream like 25% of the viewers would get healthier.

Oct 27, 2017
decoding-the-gurus.captivate.fm

Hasan Piker: A swashbuckling Bromance - Decoding the Gurus

Avast Ye Harties! Yar! This week be the inaugural episode of a New Streamer/Academic Guru season. Join us as we set sail with a bang and embark on ...

Avast Ye Harties!
Yar! This week be the inaugural episode of a New Streamer/Academic Guru season. Join us as we set sail with a bang and embark on an adventure with the famous and controversial Twitch streamer Hasan Piker. Formerly of the Young Turks, Hasan has carved out a niche as a popular left-wing commentator. He is sometimes described as representing a new wave of political communicators who leverage social media and live streaming to reach new audiences, particularly disengaged younger viewers.
But how does he fare in these Decoding waters?
We take a look at his recent interview with Rashed Al-Haddad, a dashing Yemeni teenager (nicknamed Tim Houthi Chalamet), who recently found himself streaming video on an international transport ship hijacked by Houthi militants. But fear not! Hasan addresses this sensitive topic and the complex geopolitical issues involved with due diligence and care. Moreover, Rashed reports that all of the kidnapped crew are having a grand old time in Yemen! They are simply vibing with their captors, chewing khat, and have fully embraced the honourable Houthi perspective.
The Houthis' official slogan, "God is the Greatest, Death to America, Death to Israel, A Curse Upon the Jews, Victory to Islam", and reports of severe human rights abuses in their territory, might still give one pause... but as Hasan explains—drawing on his deep political and psychological insights—the Houthis are just like the heroic Straw Hat pirates in the popular anime One Piece!
So with that settled, we can focus on the more important questions like what videogames Rashed likes, if he has ever heard of Mr. Beast, whether he's eaten 'Western' food, what cartoons he watched growing up, and if there are KFCs in Yemen? Truly, this is a conversation for the ages, and Hasan is just the man for the job.
So join us for this week's episode as we ponder whether combining influencer culture with political analysis was a wise move and if there are any possible contradictions or minor ideological skews in Hasan's content.
Links
- Hasan Interviews Viral 'Hot Yemeni TikTok Pirate' | Hasanabi Reacts
- Atlantic article about the Houthis and the situation in Yemen
- AP article on the crew of the hijacked 'Galaxy Leader' ship and their ability to contact their families
- Amnesty article on Houthi sentencing of stoning and crucifixion for crimes of homosexuality
- Human Rights Watch article on Houthi recruitment of child soldiers
- Human Rights Watch article on the al-Ahli Hospital Explosion
- Willy Mac 'drama' YouTuber collated episodes on Hasan (part 1 and part 2)

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In hindsight that interview seemed like an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia titled "The Gang Interviews a Terrorist". A cringey comedy of errors with just a few too many dashes of absolving a militant terrorist group

Oct 28, 2017
Matt Owens of the One Piece live action was on again tonight. Good vibes all around and fun discussion of black characters in anime if anyone wants to catch the highlights/vod.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hasan really be radicalizing the youths. A lot of college students thanking him for teaching them about the conflict or just becoming leftists in general.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Some weird guy tried to plug his YT channel which was quickly revealed to be some redpill channel. Then he was pushing Hasan for an interview and like a million pictures. Just an offputting clout chaser lmao.

Also, shoutout to Lolo for clocking that undercover cop and alerting liaisons.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
These clips of Hasan calling out/shutting down the Piers Morgan talking heads are making waves on the site formally known as Twitter.

View: https://x.com/notthatchloe/status/1783224349228499447?s=46

View: https://x.com/tabzlive/status/1783251622946029827?s=46

The whole segment is a dumpster fire so I suggest waiting for the react VOD on the official YT channel

This was amazing. The british accent lmao

This is how youre supposed to deal with dumbasses. Watching him go off and not try to TV debate was satisfying.

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Those Destiny tweets about gassing protesters and disparaging Palestinians, holy shit what a terrible person.

I never paid too much attention to him but some of his clips still made it to my FYP. Got to completely purge that guy from all my algorithms.

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
Those Destiny tweets about gassing protesters and disparaging Palestinians, holy shit what a terrible person.

I never paid too much attention to him but some of his clips still made it to my FYP. Got to completely purge that guy from all my algorithms.
I sadly realised that as long as I follow Hasan I will be hit with Destiny and his fanbases tweets, so I just quit looking at the FYP all together.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
I know why he does it, but I really wish he would stop engaging with Asmon in good faith. That dude is nothing but a hateful vile ghoul.

netprints

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I respect Hasan for trying to talk to Asnmonghoul but he will never change. I just hope it reaches some of his audience

May 24, 2019
Is the emote spamming his audience getting restless or Asmon's audience sabotaging?

edit: Thanks

Last edited:

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to see why mentioning Destiny was banned on the stream for the longest time. This guy and his followers are just the weirdest little freaks about everything. I mean it's good that Hasan is calling him out out for the freak he and his fanbase is but it's just exhausting seeing so much time taken engaging with their stupid debate bro arguments.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to see why mentioning Destiny was banned on the stream for the longest time. This guy and his followers are just the weirdest little freaks about everything. I mean it's good that Hasan is calling him out out for the freak he and his fanbase is but it's just exhausting seeing so much time taken engaging with their stupid debate bro arguments.

It's the sheer swarming volume of them, just so many rabid little mirrors of Destiny's worst inclinations, now all yapping the n-word and just the worst most racist arguments all because Destiny just outright openly says the n-word and the same worst most racist arguments. And of course Destiny calls them his soldiers. Just an awful bunch of racist turds.

turbobutts

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the Metropolis movie nights, but the film's eerie relevance got me feeling real sad the last few days

(he should do more movie nights like this)