Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's been a few years since I've gone to an AEW event (last show before Covid restrictions), and I'm seeing how ridiculous some of the prices are for tickets. I want to take my son to Dynamite in June, but should I wait to get tickets few days before hoping that they'll decrease?

I have no idea if they get cheaper closer to the date of the show, but yeah tix are insane now. Way too expensive for me to go to the Buffalo show and I doubt I would do Syracuse either at this rate. Pretty much resigned to only going if they come back to Rochester at this point.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
It's been a few years since I've gone to an AEW event (last show before Covid restrictions), and I'm seeing how ridiculous some of the prices are for tickets. I want to take my son to Dynamite in June, but should I wait to get tickets few days before hoping that they'll decrease?

Depends on the market you are in, if its a hot market that you think will sell out no get them now.

If you are un sure keeping looking daily

Scotty

Nov 11, 2023
It's not the ticket price itself it's the fee. A $40 ticket includes a $16 fee on top of that. That's nonsense. These ticket sites are just ruining it.

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
When Ibushi's ankles heal and Kenny's guts stop exploding, they flatten Okada in the ring, and kiss as the pyro goes off:
The World If | Know Your Meme

Oct 27, 2017
I have a theory that the crowd was mic'd real low last night to overcompensate for the audio issues last week were they were way too high.
I think the Canadian crowd was a unique mix of very polite people who were sitting quietly, paying attention and enjoying the show + the occasional loud mouth jerk who could be easily picked up on the mics.

So they lowered the general crowd noise to avoid the jerks. Taz and Schiovone were calling out some obnoxious guy behind them during the breaks on international commentary.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I think the Canadian crowd was a unique mix of very polite people who were sitting quietly, paying attention and enjoying the show + the occasional loud mouth jerk who could be easily picked up on the mics.

So they lowered the general crowd noise to avoid the jerks. Taz and Schiovone were calling out some obnoxious guy behind them during the breaks on international commentary.
When they go to less populated cities like Winnipeg, they tend to attract a more casual crowd that tends to watch WWE. And those crowds tend to not watch wrestling for wrestling, but only for entrances, promos, and high spots.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
There were some loudmouths during Kenny's speech acting like he was having a conversation with him.

"I was diagnosed with diverticulitis"
"WHAT'S THAT"
"And I was told if I had come in 24 hours later, I'd be dead"
"WOW THAT SUCKS"

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
There were some loudmouths during Kenny's speech acting like he was having a conversation with him.

"I was diagnosed with diverticulitis"
"WHAT'S THAT"
"And I was told if I had come in 24 hours later, I'd be dead"
"WOW THAT SUCKS"

The dude behind announce actively sucked. He kept doing dumb shit when the cameras were on the announcers.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, what a waste. I get that they never had much for him, nor did they know what to do with Page, but the man was just getting into the best shape of his life. Maybe he goes back to TNA.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Yeah he should of absolutely been a midcard champion he has a great physique and a incredible talent on the mic. I think the next year will be a tough time for alot of fans of mid card talent just not getting reupped or choosing to leave.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Shame for Ethan Page, he's a good talent. Honestly thought he should have had a TNT Championship run a while back, or if he went to ROH for a stint he could have challenged for the ROH Championship. Feel he struggled with direction after Scorpio Sky's injury ended the Men of the Year team.

Interesting note in the Fightful report that he's apparently wanted to leave AEW since February.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Thanks for the recommend. May do that over the next couple days and chime in on random thoughts and questions. This random check in on this one episode really did so much for me wanting to see more. Somoa match, Jericho match, then the last womens match completely pulled me in on a match level in a way WWE hasn't maybe done? Like WWE I think had me love characters so fast and had amazing impressions, which then drew me in to the wrestling. Where this was almost like nothing brought me in until the match started and then I was shocked just how much they brought me in.

This sounds actually dope a hell and will be looking in to some youtube history type stuff as I'm sure there is some. I've seen some AEW like whole storyline vids out there but hadn't known much to check out. Will probably be going on a deep dive after I watch those couple ppvs.

I could also so easily see the pros and cons to the different approaches to canon. I love the simple easy to jump in approach, but I could see AEW reaching higher depths and emotions with more ease because of all this history that they didn't even really need to invent themselves. You'd almost be insane passing up the opportunity in AEW's position.

You can also watch the AEW Countdown videos on youtube. Fantastic promo videos they put together before PPV. Even if you don't watch the full matches it will give you some background on the wrestlers and rundown of key feuds.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
- Technical difficulties and iron-clad contracts lol. GOAT intro.
- Father of the Year! Good beatdown and promo.
- Copeland (c) vs Matthews was solid. Started off slow and went too long after Buddy started spitting blood.
- Joe vs Zay was solid. Couple of fun spots.
- Nice to see Skye get a promo.
- The Best Friends feud is escalating quickly. Don is a vulture. First scapegoat promo.
- Jericho (c) vs Shibata was good and creative. Smart follow-up to the Bill storyline. Pucks > tacks.
- Claudio vs Cage was good.
- Mariah vs Deeb was my MOTN.
- Cope is fine...
- Kenny with full intro! As someone dealing with chronic health issues I have huge sympathy for him and can't blame him for not wanting to give up wrestling. It was also one of his best promos because he was keeping it real instead of hamming it up. Kenny/Okada face-off was awesome. The Elite are sick bastards.

- White vs Dante was good. Belt rack lol.
- Deonna works better as a heel.
- Kyle vs Rocky was good.
- Skye vs Willow (c) was my MOTN but the Triller feed ended before the last spot. Had to youtube it.

Solid 3 hours. Shame the crowd sounded half asleep.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Fightful reporting Ethan Page is no longer with AEW.
That sucks. I really liked him. There's maybe some argument that pursuit of known legendary talent undermines the people who come to AEW for a second chance and end up killing it, but I guess it's hard to make that argument while Swerve is champ.

Ethan's MJF match was actually really good and I'm surprised they didn't use that as a springboard for something bigger than he was doing. He would have been a great TNT champion or a fun foil for midcarders trying to move up like that one Ricky feud.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Ethan Page is really great. Issue is he suffers from the midcard scene being full of main eventers.

All the singles titles are on basically people who could main event a PPV. That makes it extremely hard to feel like anyone has any sort of upward mobility.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
Sucks about Ethan Page if true. Even with the roster as it is now, AEW has a few other white dudes I'd use less and release sooner than him.

But it is understandable. Feels like he never really got a solid opportunity to establish himself, especially as a singles guy. Dude has worked hard and doesn't want to wait around forever.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
will always remember ethan page for throwing darby at his family and for having tight tits

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I like Ethan but it's hard to be upset about a guy who I never see being released. Feel like a lot of mid-card talent should go to TNA or something if they actually want to be featured.

OP
OP
cjelly

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Ethan Page had that awful trait where he just always ended up screaming down the microphone on promos for INTENSITY.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Friday. You know what that means. ❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Oh no, Egon! As others said he's a solid midcard heel. Sad to see him go. Wish him nothing but success and I hope he finds it wherever he chooses to go.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Genuinely bummed about Ethan leaving. It just felt like he never got the break he deserved in AEW. So many things went against him and he tried so hard.

Cyros

Oct 27, 2017
Shame for Ethan Page, he's a good talent. Honestly thought he should have had a TNT Championship run a while back, or if he went to ROH for a stint he could have challenged for the ROH Championship. Feel he struggled with direction after Scorpio Sky's injury ended the Men of the Year team.

Interesting note in the Fightful report that he's apparently wanted to leave AEW since February.
He did have an ROH run. Had a feud with Tony Nese that ended at a PPV. Mighty have even been the last time we saw Scorpio Sky too.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Ethan had at least one really great face promo on Scorpio's behalf. He coulda been a contender.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really like Ethan Page. One of the misses on TK, just felt like TK never had the confidence to get behind Page on a big program. I'm sure he won't be out of the main stage long, I have a feeling [redacted] will sign him to NXT.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
really feel bad for ethan because he was plenty talented, they just saddled him with poor presentation and booking, never really allowing him to get over on his own. all the lambert family stuff and the bizarro week-to-week character flip-flopping they did with that TNT title really ended up hurting a lot of people.

hope he makes it big elsewhere and given an opportunity. maybe it'll be back in impact.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
There was an early promo with Page and Brandi Rhodes where Brandi (the heel) said something to the effect of "the only reason we signed you was to have a better in to sign your partner (Josh Alexander)". Page sort of falls into the Joey Janela/Marko Stunt/Super Smash Brother (Evil Uno/Stu Grayson)/Jimmy Havoc hole of "when we signed you, we thought AEW was going to be something a little different than it turned out being, and you don't really fit in with what we are trying to do", and I'm kind of surprised he stuck around as long as he did. He probably will do just fine on the Indies or in TNA, especially now that he got permanent residence in the US so he doesn't have to deal with Visa stuff

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Listen if you have never seen it go watch Ethan Page vs Tony Nese at RoH Final Battle 2023. Truly an incredible match.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
He did have an ROH run. Had a feud with Tony Nese that ended at a PPV. Mighty have even been the last time we saw Scorpio Sky too.
Yeah, checking Cagematch I didn't realise Page was in ROH from September 2023 to February 2024. (I only got a month or so for Final Battle last year.) I'm still of the opinion he should have been used in a more high profile feud than with Tony Nese, even if the PPV match was good from memory.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Dynamite opened with Swerve Strickland's promo and being attacked by Christian and his group, which did 794,000 viewers and 320,000 in 18-49.

Adam Copeland vs. Buddy Matthews for the TNT title did 693,000 viewers and 307,000 in 18-49.

The end of Copeland vs. Matthews and House of Black post-match did 693,000 viewers and 300,000 in 18-49.

Samoa Joe vs. Isaiah Kassidy, a Sky Blue promo and the angle with Orange Cassidy, Trent Baretta, Kris Statlander and Don Callis did 662,000 viewers and 290,000 in 18-49.

The Young Bucks & Jack Perry interview and Chris Jericho vs. Katsuyori Shibata grew to 732,000 viewers and 325,000 in 18-49.

The rest of Jericho vs. Shibata and start of Claudio Castagnoli vs. Brian Cage did 746,000 viewers and 340,000 in 18-49. This was the high point of the show in 18-49 and 18-34.

The rest of Castagnoli vs. Cage, a Rocky Romero interview and start of Serena Deeb vs. Mariah May did 643,000 viewers and 285,000 in 18-49.

The end of Deeb vs. May with Toni Storm plus Adam Copeland & Kyle O'Reilly interview did 668,000 viewers and 292,000 in 18-49.

The interview with Kenny Omega and angle with Young Bucks, Jack Perry and Kazuchika Okada did 668,000 viewers and 326,000 in 18-49.

that go-away heat 🔥

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Shame about Ethan as he seems like a nice guy, but maybe this will be a blessing in disguise in the long run. He might get better booking at TNA hell even NXT lol. It's great that people actually have better options these days.

Also I can't wait for Meltzer to get on his show today and discuss Ethan's release like he knew about it weeks ago.

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
I have a theory that the crowd was mic'd real low last night to overcompensate for the audio issues last week were they were way too high.

I went back and watched some stuff from the show in Winnipeg and we were definitely mic'd low.

We sounded kinda quiet during even the Kenny stuff but that is most definitely not the case. I can assure you we were quite loud.

I would be pretty confident in saying that our crowd was mic'd low after watching that segment back.

There were definitely some dipshits shouting stuff during Kenny's promo as mentioned earlier; assholes. There was also some drunk moron behind me two rows up shouting "bring him into the bullet club!" during the Jay White / Dante Martin match on Rampage. So annoying.

But yeah, I think we definitely got mic'd quite low for the show, sadly.

Last edited: