NukeRunner

Feb 8, 2024
Oh yeah, I assume the back buttons will just be remappable like other controllers have, honestly. If the rumours are true, the current Switch Pro controller will be forwards compatible with the next console, meaning that whatever ALL of these new buttons are are likely not utterly vital to any upcoming games.

If the back buttons, or button below the home button were vital, I don't see how the Pro would work for new games at all. Suppose there's a chance that it's only compatible with Switch 1 titles but it'd be a bit odd.

So my money's on:
  • Back Buttons - Remappable for an easier way to press any other button
  • Button below Home - A way to toggle the EPM switch to lock and release the new joy-cons.

Trueeee, and if this is the case I'm changing my latter thought to "button that activates some kind of AR camera function for Switch 2 games/software" or whatever the console gimmick is, if it even has one.

I'm actually really hoping the pro controller compatibility is only for BC and not new games. There are a lot of concepts even in the PS5 controller that would be amazing on Switch like the adaptive analog triggers, etc.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
The Steam Deck is 800p. That's good enough for it.
SteamDeck is just one of many devices in that field and is likely gonna get a successor in 1-2 years as well.
It also has to run more demanding PC games.

Switch 2 is gonna be the main Nintendo system for the next 5 years, 720p isnt gonna cut it on an 8inch screen - its gonna have a worse image quality and ppi compared to what their current customers are used to from the OG Switch/SWOLED.