• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict the Top 3 Overall GOTY Winners of 2023

• Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Predecessor was the 2017 overall winner with 264 awards)

Votes: 39 92.9%
  • Starfield (Bethesda has won overall GOTY 3 times with Fallout 4 in 2nd place behind Witcher 3)

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Final Fantasy XVI (Square's most awarded game is FF7 Remake which was #5 in 2020)

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Resident Evil 4 (2023) (RE2 Remake was the 2nd overall winner in 2019)

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Spider-Man 2 (Predecessor came in 3rd place in 2018 behind GOW and RDR2)

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Street Fighter 6 (Fighting genre rarely gets a lot of GOTY love, could this be the year?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others (Baldur's Gate 3, Hi-Fi, Diablo, Jedi Survivor etc.)

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
xboxera.com

Game of the Year 2022 | Xbox Era Staff Top 10

Why hello again, everyone. Jesse here, and after polling 14 members of the site's staff we have our top 10 games of 2022! For a year with "no games" there

image.png

Mar 19, 2021
I'm not going to read 32 pages of awards nor is that important lol

People can count 1 person youtube videos, that I don't care.

I just find it petty people atacking Kyle. When all this awards counting is always random, and mostly just based on bias.

Your argument doesn't make any sense, even this year there's basically 4-5 people checking for awards like you said happened last year. Half of this thread is debating on rules to make all of this a bit more serious and verifiable and not basically done by one single person, idk what you're so salty about.

Theobill1

Banned
Dec 25, 2022
Was a there a new date cut off or is still 15 November? This one finished their top 10 on 5 November 2022.

Cnews (FR) - Horizon Forbidden West

www.cnews.fr

Les meilleurs jeux vidéo de 2022

L'année 2022 entame sa dernière ligne droite avant Noël du côté des jeux vidéo. Des titres promis de longue date, mais aussi des surprises, arrivent aussi bien sur Switch que sur PS5, Xbox Series et PC. Voici notre sélection des meilleures œuvres du moment. Il est à noter que cette sélection...

new cutoff is November 1

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Your argument doesn't make any sense, even this year there's basically 4-5 people checking for awards like you said happened last year. Half of this thread is debating on rules to make all of this a bit more serious and verifiable and not basically done by one single person, idk what you're so salty about.
Not salty about anything, just think it's pretty low to throw someone under the bus who has put in the effort time and time again.

But don't worry. I wont bring that back again.

Daniel17

Dec 31, 2022
www.konzolista.cz

Hra roku 2022 dle redakce i čtenářů Konzolista.cz - special

Hráči na konzolích si v minulém roce na nedostatek nových kvalitních herních zážitků rozhodně stěžovat nemohli. Od PlayStationu i Nintenda jsme se dočkali hned několika velkých AAA first-party her, z nichž se následně vyklubaly velké komerční hity. Xbox moc velkých her neměl, ale jejich absenci...

Elden Ring [Critics'Choice]
GOW Ragnarok [Readers'Choice]

Gideon

Nov 8, 2022
www.konzolista.cz

Hra roku 2022 dle redakce i čtenářů Konzolista.cz - special

Hráči na konzolích si v minulém roce na nedostatek nových kvalitních herních zážitků rozhodně stěžovat nemohli. Od PlayStationu i Nintenda jsme se dočkali hned několika velkých AAA first-party her, z nichž se následně vyklubaly velké komerční hity. Xbox moc velkých her neměl, ale jejich absenci...

Elden Ring [Critics'Choice]
GOW Ragnarok [Readers'Choice]
Nice find 👍

Ilyahero

Nov 25, 2019
iguides Reader's Choice (RU) - Elden Ring

vote results are at the bottom

I don't know if this one should be counted or not.
The question of this poll is: which games was the most memorable this year (not the best one).
I think the question is a little unclear but maybe it's just me

a0mineda1k1

Dec 13, 2022
I don't know if this one should be counted or not.
The question of this poll is: which games was the most memorable this year (not the best one).
I think the question is a little unclear but maybe it's just me
Hmmm, the title is "best games of 2022"

but i think this website is focused on one platform there is sign of god of war ragnarok in this post or in review section.
for now, i won't count it. need more opinions on it.

Last edited:

Theobill1

Banned
Dec 25, 2022
Log on Games
Dense Pixels
Beauty and the gamer both staff and reader's choice
Viejos Payasos
Save The Game Media
SUMP
Grumpy Gamers

a0mineda1k1 are these added/reviewed after the new rules?

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
Gamer Snack (KW) Not sure if it's Readers Choice (like previous years) or Staff Choice - Grand Turismo 7

youtu.be

Top 10 🖐️🖐️ أفضل العاب عام 2022

👇 تابعوا باقي الحسابات لمحتوى أكثر👇📱 https://www.instagram.com/gamer_snack/🐦 https://twitter.com/Gamer_Snack📘 https://www.facebook.com/Gamer.Snack🔲 Tik...

2 Million subs and very active, counted previous years.

StredeZ

Dec 8, 2022
I didn't think it would happen so soon, so many big outlets still haven't released their picks yet and the big awards like Dice are still months out

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
ilta-Sanomat (FI) - Elden Ring

ilta-Sanomat Reader's Choice (FI) - Elden Ring

www.is.fi

Tässä on vuoden 2022 paras peli – ja 10 muuta huippupeliä, joita ei kannata jättää välistä

Elden Ring, God of War Ragnarök, Stray, Immortality... 2022 tarjosi toinen toistaan upeampia videopelejä, joista IS:n toimitus nostaa esille 11.

BrickArts295 a0mineda1k1
The Esportgazetta (IT) that is added to the list is actually just a single editor pick. They have other acticles from different editors and their favorite games.
No majority pick.

It's not editor pick they just have multiple pages for every game they liked in 2022 - still needs to be removed since it's not their GOTY. It was posted the first out of all of those so might have been confusing for whoever posted it.

i'll check all of Elden Ring's winners now to see if there are no more mistakes and if some reviews posted before new rules still abide by them, will edit or post new post if there's any.

Last edited:

a0mineda1k1

Dec 13, 2022

a0mineda1k1

Dec 13, 2022
www.gamepro.de

Unsere Top-Spiele des Jahres: Die GamePro-Highlights 2022

Von Blockbustern bis hin zu kleinen Geheimtipps war auch 2022 wieder einiges dabei. Wir verraten euch, welche Spiele die GamePro-Redaktion besonders...
this is on the site but not on the reset tally. (tally is updated until neofusion)

gamer snack (KW) not added on the tally. it is on the website.

areajugones.sport.es

Areajugones NO tiene un GOTY para 2022 pero sí que lo tienen las personas que forman este equipo

Los creadores que forman parte de Areajugones escogen cuál ha sido su juego favorito del año: Mucho Elden Ring, mucho God of War: Ragnarök, pero también hay
areajugones added on the site but not on the tally

Last edited:

Fullmetallad

Jun 1, 2019

www.is.fi

Tässä on vuoden 2022 paras peli – ja 10 muuta huippupeliä, joita ei kannata jättää välistä

Elden Ring, God of War Ragnarök, Stray, Immortality... 2022 tarjosi toinen toistaan upeampia videopelejä, joista IS:n toimitus nostaa esille 11.

It's not editor pick they just have multiple pages for every game they liked in 2022 - still needs to be removed since it's not their GOTY. It was posted the first out of all of those so might have been confusing for whoever posted it.

Once we are done in February or once it starts to slow down we can go by the websites 1 for 1 for all games this year to see if there's more mistakes
Ah, the reason i thought It was editor picks is because every acticle seems written by a different person.

pls inform me if u see something
For sure. Discovered this one quite randomly too, by finding the article for GOW.

Ryotsu

Jun 11, 2021
Was a there a new date cut off or is still 15 November? This one finished their top 10 on 5 November 2022.

Cnews (FR) - Horizon Forbidden West

www.cnews.fr

Les meilleurs jeux vidéo de 2022

L'année 2022 entame sa dernière ligne droite avant Noël du côté des jeux vidéo. Des titres promis de longue date, mais aussi des surprises, arrivent aussi bien sur Switch que sur PS5, Xbox Series et PC. Voici notre sélection des meilleures œuvres du moment. Il est à noter que cette sélection...

6 awards for Horizon FW:
1. BeyondGaming (BE)
2. LaScimmiaPensa (IT)
3. Pure Dead Gaming (UK, Reader's Choice)
4. TheGeek (HU)
5. Game Chronicles (US)
6. Cnews (FR)

Hope that it gets some more.
The website has 5 (only missing Cnews), but the first page only has 2 (needs to be updated).

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
Yeah Horizon making nice comeback for #3 spot, it had 0 just a week ago

a0mineda1k1 new date is 1 November so Horizon should have 6 now, from cnews.

Edit: nvm it doesn't reach the 1 November deadline, article started 30 September.

Last edited:

Pseudo

Dec 16, 2022
6 awards for Horizon FW:
1. BeyondGaming (BE)
2. LaScimmiaPensa (IT)
3. Pure Dead Gaming (UK, Reader's Choice)
4. TheGeek (HU)
5. Game Chronicles (US)
6. Cnews (FR)

Hope that it gets some more.
The website has 5 (only missing Cnews), but the first page only has 2 (needs to be updated).
I hope it doesn't. No disrespect to to the developers but indie games need whatever exposure they can get.

Theobill1

Banned
Dec 25, 2022
Dpad (Iceland) - Elden Ring (Reader's Choice)

D-Pad Game of the Year 2022 Results

Firstly thanks to everyone who participated in the nominations. You should all have received your Game of the Year (GoTY) 2022 voting trophies by now. For the sake of brevity, I will not list the entire roster of nominated titles, but through the magic of Excel, the results for the top ten (or...

Theobill1

Banned
Dec 25, 2022
Last edited:

a0mineda1k1

Dec 13, 2022
*** genshin impact (game awards reader's choice) not added :D ***

These are on the website (goty.gamefa.com) but BrickArts295 didn't add them to the tally:

www.eurogamer.pl

Nasze Gry Roku 2022 - ranking redakcji

Subiektywny ranking najlepszych gier roku 2022 według redakcji Eurogamera.

www.mkaugaming.com

MKAU Gaming: Games Of The Year (2022) – Reviewers Edition

2022 was definitely an interesting year for gaming. Starting off slow, it came in strong, ending with a plethora of banger titles. Developers and publishers have been working their asses off all year to deliver killer games despite constant catch-ups and backlogs caused by the pandemic. We, at...

areajugones.sport.es

Areajugones NO tiene un GOTY para 2022 pero sí que lo tienen las personas que forman este equipo

Los creadores que forman parte de Areajugones escogen cuál ha sido su juego favorito del año: Mucho Elden Ring, mucho God of War: Ragnarök, pero también hay

www.gamepro.de

Von Blockbustern bis hin zu kleinen Geheimtipps war auch 2022 wieder einiges dabei. Wir verraten euch, welche Spiele die GamePro-Redaktion besonders...

youtu.be

👇 تابعوا باقي الحسابات لمحتوى أكثر👇📱 https://www.instagram.com/gamer_snack/🐦 https://twitter.com/Gamer_Snack📘 https://www.facebook.com/Gamer.Snack🔲 Tik...

www.pfangirl.com

Our 2022 Game of the Year Awards - Pfangirl.com

Just some titles featured in the Pfangirl.com Game of the Year Awards 2022: Vampire Survivors, Marvel Snap, A Plague Tale, The Spirit and the Mouse, and some obscure game called Elden something

bitwares.net

Mejores Videojuegos del 2022 según Bitwares - Bitwares

Y se fue otro año en el mundo gamer. Uno con varias emociones y en bitwares.net no quisimos despedirlo sin dejar nuestros mejores videojuegos de este 2022.

exputer.com

Best Games Of 2022 – Don't Miss These

2022 was full of surprises for gamers. Here are the top 14 games of 2022 ranked. Make sure you're not missing out on any of them.

eyeofthetigernews.com

Top 5 video games of 2022 - Eye of the Tiger

2022 was a big year for the gaming industry. It’s routine to have a solid game or two every year but it’s rare to have a year that produces games that will most likely stick around for years to come. 5- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 In fifth place, we have Call...

kamigeekesp.blogspot.com

EL MEJOR JUEGO DEL 2022 (Especial de Fin de Año KAMI GEEK)

Estamos ya a tan solo 1 día de despedirnos de este 2022 , y poco más se puede recalcar sobre el gran año que ha sido para la industria de lo...

themakoreactor.com

Game of the Year 2022 Switch PS5 Xbox PC Steam Deck • TMR

All the best PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, PS4, and PC games of 2022 in our Game of the Year feature ahead of 2023.

www.beyondgaming.be

Games of the Year 2022 van de redactie

Iedereen die gamet heeft wel enkele favorieten. Ook in onze redactie is dit het geval. In deze special sommen we niet onze all-time favorites op, maar kijken we terug naar wat het jaar 2022 ons te bieden had. De een kiest voor een spel dat een pak prijzen in de wacht sleepte, de ander kiest voor...

These are on the site but BrickArts295 did not add them on the tally.

(resetera tally is updated just these two
need to be added)
I think all of these are eligible according to updated guidelines. your call. BrickArts295

BTW Horizon right now is at 3 awards (if u don't count two of above articles) but on the gif (first page) it is still 2.

Last edited:

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
*** genshin impract (game awards reader's choice) not added :D ***
These are on the website but BrickArts295 didn't add them to the tally:

www.eurogamer.pl

Nasze Gry Roku 2022 - ranking redakcji

Subiektywny ranking najlepszych gier roku 2022 według redakcji Eurogamera.

www.mkaugaming.com

MKAU Gaming: Games Of The Year (2022) – Reviewers Edition

2022 was definitely an interesting year for gaming. Starting off slow, it came in strong, ending with a plethora of banger titles. Developers and publishers have been working their asses off all year to deliver killer games despite constant catch-ups and backlogs caused by the pandemic. We, at...

areajugones.sport.es

www.gamepro.de

youtu.be

www.pfangirl.com

Our 2022 Game of the Year Awards - Pfangirl.com

Just some titles featured in the Pfangirl.com Game of the Year Awards 2022: Vampire Survivors, Marvel Snap, A Plague Tale, The Spirit and the Mouse, and some obscure game called Elden something

bitwares.net

Mejores Videojuegos del 2022 según Bitwares - Bitwares

Y se fue otro año en el mundo gamer. Uno con varias emociones y en bitwares.net no quisimos despedirlo sin dejar nuestros mejores videojuegos de este 2022.

exputer.com

Best Games Of 2022 – Don't Miss These

2022 was full of surprises for gamers. Here are the top 14 games of 2022 ranked. Make sure you're not missing out on any of them.

eyeofthetigernews.com

Top 5 video games of 2022 - Eye of the Tiger

2022 was a big year for the gaming industry. It’s routine to have a solid game or two every year but it’s rare to have a year that produces games that will most likely stick around for years to come. 5- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 In fifth place, we have Call...

kamigeekesp.blogspot.com

EL MEJOR JUEGO DEL 2022 (Especial de Fin de Año KAMI GEEK)

Estamos ya a tan solo 1 día de despedirnos de este 2022 , y poco más se puede recalcar sobre el gran año que ha sido para la industria de lo...

themakoreactor.com

Game of the Year 2022 Switch PS5 Xbox PC Steam Deck • TMR

All the best PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, PS4, and PC games of 2022 in our Game of the Year feature ahead of 2023.

www.beyondgaming.be

Games of the Year 2022 van de redactie

Iedereen die gamet heeft wel enkele favorieten. Ook in onze redactie is dit het geval. In deze special sommen we niet onze all-time favorites op, maar kijken we terug naar wat het jaar 2022 ons te bieden had. De een kiest voor een spel dat een pak prijzen in de wacht sleepte, de ander kiest voor...

These are on the site but BrickArts295 did not add them on the tally.

BTW Horizon right now is at 3 awards (if u don't count two of above articles) but on the gif (first page) it is still 2.

These articles and posts were posted in the thread before we decided what to do with the majority staff pick - which is why I think it hasn't been added yet because newer ones with the rules are added, might have been overlooked.

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
Dpad (Iceland) - Elden Ring (Reader's Choice)

D-Pad Game of the Year 2022 Results

Firstly thanks to everyone who participated in the nominations. You should all have received your Game of the Year (GoTY) 2022 voting trophies by now. For the sake of brevity, I will not list the entire roster of nominated titles, but through the magic of Excel, the results for the top ten (or...
Forum poll, won't count. Saw a couple more this week but they're all in forum.website.com

Gideon

Nov 8, 2022
Someone on neogaf malding that the TIME article wasn't included in the tally but they aren't aware it's a individual list and is ineligible

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
Someone on neogaf malding that the TIME article wasn't included in the tally but they aren't aware it's a individual list and is ineligible
It wasn't just an individual list it was an individual list from a freelancer who got paid by Time to make the list, it was their first ever article on Time and I believe first article about Videogames in general. Previous years Time Magazine had gaming departments but they must have laid them off or something.

Look at the 2020 and 2021 Time Articles, written by the whole staff: https://time.com/5912417/best-video-games-2020/

Forbes (ER) also didn't count this year because it was written by just 1 individual.