• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RyoonZ

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait so this is HD Remaster with optional VR? I always thought it was exclusively VR.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people acting surprised? This game was announced last year. The only new thing is the September release date which was known few days ago for Japan. Glad to see Western release is at the same time.
Hope they include dual audio this time.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Guess who's going to get their fourth and fifth copy respectively?

(Me)

Been waiting for this since the TGS announce. Can. Not. Fucking. Wait. Here's hoping the VR stuff has been improved considering the bulk of TGS previews were critical of that.

Cool!

Is this just the second game?

I wonder if they will do the same for the first

Doubtful. The first one, whilst decent for its day, feels more like a concept of what could be built upon if given a chance. So slim at best, zero at worst.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll get it just for the VR mode ... I don't usually repurchase games, but this seems to add enough to warrant the buy.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck that's confirmation of PCVR. I'll pick it up if it's good. I'm not the biggest ZoE fan but it's alright.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Nice to get a confirmed release date for this outside of Japan. Haven't played this since I had it on PS2 but I used to love playing this and DMC3 in between school exam revision back then. Ah good times!

OP
OP
ASleepingMonkey

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I've never played ZoE outside of a time at a friend's house many years ago, totally aware of its legacy though! I will likely grab this, is this a game made with unique VR sections or is it sort of like RE7 where you can play the whole thing in PSVR because I've been looking for a good excuse to dust off the headset.

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking good, Not sure if I played this (did it have the MGS2 demo or was that the first one :p) but I'm in if only to give my PSVR some love, thing hasn't been used this year so far. :(

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
The original remaster was so bad that I can't bring myself to get excited for this one. Hopefully they give it the proper treatment but you know...Konami.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's still so strange to me that someone decided to remaster this game, they've actually redone textures and some polygonal assets compared to the already existing HD remaster, it's not just a bump in resolution. The Cygames CEO must be a ZOE2 fanboy or something.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm bummed about no ZoE1 but I'll buy it on Steam, I can't not buy this game.

It's still so strange to me that someone decided to remaster this game, they've actually redone textures and some polygonal assets compared to the already existing HD remaster, it's not just a bump in resolution. The Cygames CEO must be a ZOE2 fanboy or something.

I really would love to work at Cygames one day with such nice people!

CharMomone

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing this makes me wish to see MGS2 get the same treatment, since they're stylistically similar in a way.