• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
akqx3xtgu5u31.jpg

Wait, I thought they have just sent these out?! Can't be TLOU2 delay then right?
It's certainly not TLOU2 news. If it's a GOT thing, Jason saying it's still on track for PS4 really makes me believe it's a PC announcement for EGS. It's the one thing that isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things and something that someone like myself would be upset about for a few minutes.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Apologies, I think Jason's second (or first) message was in a different thread. He said that it'd be disappointing for a few minutes, but that people would quickly get over it. Combining those two threads makes it seem like it isn't GoT related at all to me. Not sure why folks would be disappointed about that coming to PS5
It's disappointing because if the game was internally planned for H1 2020 (according to Schreier's tweet) and then delayed to be a PS5 launch title (but release as the same time on PS4), we would be disappointed to wait 5-6 months more, but ultimately the game never had a release date so we would get over it

That's my thought, but I could be wrong and that's totally something else ahah

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
It's certainly not TLOU2 news. If it's a GOT thing, Jason saying it's still on track for PS4 really makes me believe it's a PC announcement for EGS. It's the one thing that isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things and something that someone like myself would be upset about for a few minutes.
I have no idea when 'soon' is but a Death Stranding announcement for EGS wouldn't really make much sense a few weeks before the PS4 launch, I'd imagine if it was coming to EGS we'd get an announcement in early 2020 or something.

Supposedly whatever this is has been hinted at in this thread but I haven't really been keeping up. Is it GoT related you reckon?

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
YouTube extension saves the day. Saw the video thumbnail before I even read the link.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

He said the GoT thing back in May, so it might not hold up today.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
I'm on paternity leave so I'm not really in a position to report on this (and I'd be doing that on Kotaku not here), but if what I've heard is true, it's a bit surprising but ultimately not a big deal. People will be disappointed for a few minutes and then get over it. Many people here have guessed it already. I'd be more specific if I had more details - I'll see what I can get in between feedings.

giphy.gif

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I don't see how it could possibly be TLOU2 news. They just had an event and it's not like that game is launching this year there's still plenty of time for polish. I fear it's Dreams related or something.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I read this as Ghost getting a PC announcement and I was about to go down on you.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
A TLOU 2 delay would be strange as something would have had to have gone bad in the last couple of weeks.

Any GoT news would be strange as they've yet to announce any specifics.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
If it's any of the spring releases being delayed to PS5 launch that's not a disappointment. It's a joy.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I read this as Ghost getting a PC announcement and I was about to go down on you.
Ah, nah. Just in general. Either Death Stranding or Bloodborne make the most sense. I don't think they have any tiedowns with Sony at this point.

I have no idea when 'soon' is but a Death Stranding announcement for EGS wouldn't really make much sense a few weeks before the PS4 launch, I'd imagine if it was coming to EGS we'd get an announcement in early 2020 or something.

Supposedly whatever this is has been hinted at in this thread but I haven't really been keeping up. Is it GoT related you reckon?
At this point if Kojima Productions isn't held down by Sony to release/launch exclusively on PS4, then taking the money for software sales would probably be a really wise idea, or whatever the EGS paycheck was. Sounds like Epic is flinging tons of money around for some even smaller games. Could bring a healthy boost into the studio. I also find it unlikely that Sony cares too much about pushing PS4 units at this point. I think everyone who is buying Death Stranding already has one and for those idiots like myself with more money than brain we've got a PS4 Pro and a collectors edition out of it all.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
It's disappointing because if the game was internally planned for H1 2020 (according to Schreier's tweet) and then delayed to be a PS5 launch title (but release as the same time on PS4), we would be disappointed to wait 5-6 months more, but ultimately the game never had a release date so we would get over it

That's my thought, but I could be wrong and that's totally something else ahah
Yep that's my bet too. At least the game would make history by being the first cross gen first party SCE game.

I can't see anything TLoU 2 related. When you launch your big communication compaign at the beginning of the month, with the release date, you know you won't have a delay.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone reacting to that link means I won't be clicking lmao

Does anyone really have a lot of emotional investment in GoT these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.