Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Their keynote on Latam Gamescom will start now.

...this one ?
1o8Qpnt.png

edit: just found it ... interesting there are two

Also on today's keynote a tectoy person promised "none of the competition has a better cost-benefit"

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
If the Pro with 6800U is priced around 3k, it will be a very good device. A 6800U is leagues ahead anything else in the market in this price bracket.

OP
OP
carlosrso

carlosrso

Oct 27, 2017
Ipatinga, Brazil
449788719_8225279844178145_3048178751765777684_n.jpg

The Brothers together at Tectoy Headquarters!

The marketing director went to a podcast and showcased the Zeenix Pro running Miles Morales at 60 FPS medium with the 20W configuration (1,5 hours of batery life). Battery seems quite low, but the performance is good.
The price is expected at Retrocon, at August 3rd. There we will know if Zeenix will have a fighting chance or it will be just a collectors item.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
449788719_8225279844178145_3048178751765777684_n.jpg

The Brothers together at Tectoy Headquarters!

The marketing director went to a podcast and showcased the Zeenix Pro running Miles Morales at 60 FPS medium with the 20W configuration (1,5 hours of batery life). Battery seems quite low, but the performance is good.
The price is expected at Retrocon, at August 3rd. There we will know if Zeenix will have a fighting chance or it will be just a collectors item.

that battery sounds like utter trash wtf
ruins the entire point of it being a portable

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
That's basically the state of non-Deck PC handhelds. Entirely expected and competitive, even.
Is it really? A portable that you need to constantly be plugged in might as well not be one - specially with so many options to stream to your phone-laptops on modern consoles/steam where a portable would be useful when you stepped outside your own wifi range. If your market advantage is "the deck just doesnt sell in my region yet" well, good luck...

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Is it really? A portable that you need to constantly be plugged in might as well not be one - specially with so many options to stream to your phone-laptops on modern consoles/steam where a portable would be useful when you stepped outside your own wifi range. If your market advantage is "the deck just doesnt sell in my region yet" well, good luck...

I wouldn't underestimate the price point honestly. I paid 1650 USD for a 1TB Steam Deck OLED in Argentina, so that tells you the pricing notions we're dealing with in Latam

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't underestimate the price point honestly. I paid 1650 USD for a 1TB Steam Deck OLED in Argentina, so that tells you the pricing notions we're dealing with in Latam

I know that, i'm in brazil myself. I just dont expect it to be so cheap to offset all the other problems. The zeebo was cheaper than the competition, yes, but still not what i would call cheap - and it was a piece of shit. I dont expect the zeenix to be any more affordable. As i said, the only advantage it has is "steam just wants to pretend your region doesnt exist for the deck", and who knows how long that will last. If faced between two expensive options in the end, people will just pay more for the deck in the end.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I know that, i'm in brazil myself. I just dont expect it to be so cheap to offset all the other problems. The zeebo was cheaper than the competition, yes, but still not what i would call cheap - and it was a piece of shit. I dont expect the zeenix to be any more affordable. As i said, the only advantage it has is "steam just wants to pretend your region doesnt exist for the deck", and who knows how long that will last. If faced between two expensive options in the end, people will just pay more for the deck in the end.

Oh, for sure, if Steam ever drops in the region it would just blow it out of the water, but still, the Zeebo is an interesting thing, you know, local support, local distributions, more options is better as far as I'm concerned (though it remains to be seen how well this thing ends up working)

Oct 25, 2017
Have you ever used an PC Handheld? That's the expected battery life for a demanding 3D game. 1:30h is even very competitive with others PC Handhelds. Heck, SteamDeck itself doesn't fare much better and that's while running at lower graphical configuration.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Have you ever used an PC Handheld? That's the expected battery life for a demanding 3D game. 1:30h is even very competitive with others PC Handhelds. Heck, SteamDeck itself doesn't fare much better and that's while running at lower graphical configuration.

Believe the OLED Deck would clock in around 2.5 hours from what I can find online - most demanding games fall in to that range for it.

And the Ally X with the 80 WH battery being 2x as large as the original will probably also land it above the 2.5 hour mark I'd guess, but we'll see.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
It'll all depend on the final price tag. If they can get this for around 2500 BRL, it'll still be a better proposition.

Oct 25, 2017
It'll all depend on the final price tag. If they can get this for around 2500 BRL, it'll still be a better proposition.
R$ 2500 would basically be a better proposition than any R$ 2000 - 3000 laptop in the market. 6800U literally slaps any processor in this price range. Would be an extremely competitive device and must buy for anyone looking into a PC device in Brazil.

But I suspect Zeenix Lite will range between R$ 1500 - 2000 and Zeenix Pro at R$ 3000 - 3500.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
Might get a lite to replace my 10 year old laptop as my travel Windows machine if the price is right.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I think it should be R$3,5k max. Preferrably R$2,5k-R$3,0k. The guy a few posts above complained about battery life and how it would compete against streaming from a console/PC… Eh, I think this one will be more for first time PC owners, not as an extra to people with gaming PCs. The main competition are the cheapest gaming laptops.

Oct 25, 2017
Not if above 3,5k, unfortunately. But you're right that having any kind of support is a huge plus over the Deck, which has nothing and can go for up to 5k BRL.
Right, I agree. Just being cautious based on their wording so far. Hoping for the best though.
I think it should be R$3,5k max. Preferrably R$2,5k-R$3,0k. The guy a few posts above complained about battery life and how it would compete against streaming from a console/PC… Eh, I think this one will be more for first time PC owners, not as an extra to people with gaming PCs. The main competition are the cheapest gaming laptops.
For Brazil it will basically be the only option given Ally and Go are sold at very expensive prices and there's nothing else legal in the market.

It will have one thing against the cheap gaming laptops that it won't be VRAM bound. But still tall competition if priced too high.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
It's just sad. They keep saying the Brazilian market for games is this huge behemoth, while they make absolutely zero effort to make console gaming accessible here. If you want an affordable console, you're looking at two gens ago at best.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
So, is 3500 real about $650 USD? Because that would actually be on the cheap side against equivalent hardware.

Oct 25, 2017
So, is 3500 real about $650 USD? Because that would actually be on the cheap side against equivalent hardware.
You need to look into purchasing power though. R$ 3.5K is 2.5 months of minimum wage in a country where 90% of the people live with 5K or less per month.

Gaming is basically a luxury there. An PC Handheld even more.

When you price your niche device at 3.5K there, you're competing against PS5, Switch and Gaming PCs/Budget Gaming Laptops. Unlike US, where people can afford multiple devices, in Brazil in general one can only afford a single thing.

Oct 25, 2017
The Ryzen 6000 was when AMD introduced RDNA 2 iGPUs to consumer market alongside Zen 3+. 6800U is fairly strong and still very close in performance to the 7840U

OP
OP
carlosrso

carlosrso

Oct 27, 2017
Ipatinga, Brazil
That design is... Honestly very cromulent, but the TecToy logo looks 'shopped. It makes me think these are some kind of generic white-label devices.

Oh, it is a white-label thing. And it's SO TINY! It's like a wee baby.
Not fully white label, Tectoy helped in the QA of the loki and the Brazilian version of the zero have a 1080 screen and 256 GB of NVME memory instead of flash memory, plus 8GB of DDR4 Ram. But yes, it is basically the Loki Zero with some adjustments.
The logo is photoshopped, clearly haha.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
You need to look into purchasing power though. R$ 3.5K is 2.5 months of minimum wage in a country where 90% of the people live with 5K or less per month.

Gaming is basically a luxury there. An PC Handheld even more.

When you price your niche device at 3.5K there, you're competing against PS5, Switch and Gaming PCs/Budget Gaming Laptops. Unlike US, where people can afford multiple devices, in Brazil in general one can only afford a single thing.
As someone from the global south, I know that. But an 6800u handheld PC has a hardware cost that sadly does not care about that. Unless Brazil gets fab tech that does not exists outside Taiwan. The only other option if for Tectoi to not release this.