• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
Would be very interested in seeing an Ayer cut (dude can put out good work) especially knowing WB had a marketing team put the whole film in a blender.
@EN1GMA Darkseid, seen as a young man before he became Darkseid in a much longer history lesson that features full dialogue and the present-day + Knightmare self at the height of his power will be in the 2021 film and would have always been in the original release if not for the cinematic version of the DC Implosion.
His actor who did both voice and mo-cap work:
www.imdb.com

Ray Porter | Actor

Known for: Zack Snyder's Justice League, Argo, Almost Famous
Another outside the box casting decision. He gets my full approval and will be in the Sandman audio drama that is about to come out. DeSaad is also featured. Darkseid is apparently HUGE so expect the N52 design that lead to the rescale. A visual from Darkseid War, a modern classic if you ask me, to show that scale:
56aal1m6gx301.jpg

Steppenwolf was always the main villain of JLA Part 1. He still is. JLA Part 2 would have had Darkseid as the main bad with the New Gods and their planets fully-featured who would go over into Snyder´s 5th and final DCEU directed film if the vision Snyder and Geoff Johns laid out was followed. That one is fully set on a terraformed earth, aka New Apokolips. That final film was Injustice x Rock of Ages/Final Crisis x Flashpoint (which Johns wrote). Snyder himself confirmed that the breakdown that ends with Jonathan Bruce (Samuel in the comics) Kent being born is real. He gets that name as Batman "dies" fighting Darkseid in film 5. The Knightmare is avered and both the JLA which would have swelled over the series and family man Superman get to ride into the sunset.
Film 2 (BvS) and 4 (JLA 2) are the darkest chapters and there was full room for films around them. Aquaman was the king of Atlantis in JLA 2 for example.
Me being denied Zack Snyder´s Orion is the greatest injustice I ever suffered. If Orion isn´t the most Zack Snyder character than I don´t know who is.
Let´s hope that Ava DuVernay´s destined to be separate New Gods film will finally get off the ground. She and Tom King are now on the 4th draft.

Another comic Snyder fans need to read but this one is quite famous:
96019802_233172034447269_1630856553591600551_n.jpg

RCO032.jpg

Superman: Peace on Earth. A breakdown of these by Paul Dini and Alex Ross. All are good.
Peace on Earth won an Eisner and a few other awards. But no. Snyder doesn´t get or read Superman. No sir.

Just an awesome post, kudos.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Peace on Earth won an Eisner and a few other awards. But no. Snyder doesn´t get or read Superman. No sir.
Awesome post, and it's made me think of commenting here.

I remember when Man of Steel was close to coming out and a couple things that Snyder would always talk about in the press junkets.

1) He didn't want to use kryptonite, because he thought that was a lazy way to show weakness for Superman when there were a lot more "moral" issues that could render him weak without having to rely on a deus ex machina.
2) The Superman story was supposed to be told in 3 parts-- basically reflecting the birth of Superman, the fall/death of Superman, and then the final triumphant rise to the hero we all know him to be.

Then all of a sudden after BvS was announced, all of this talk went away. I have zero evidence to support it, but if you asked me right now I'd absolutely believe that Snyder was railroaded by suits at WB when BvS came out, and when it tanked he was left holding the bag rather than anyone behind the scenes come out and admit that they're the reason he didn't get to tell the story the way he wanted to.

Now, ultimately, he got paid for it and he didn't speak up or anything like that, so I'm not here crying a river for Snyder. All I'm saying it, I'm not immediately writing off the possibility that his cut of JL will really be interesting. Odds are it'll suck, sure. But that's most movies these days, and if it means me subscribing and paying HBO $15 for the chance to see if it'll actually suck? I'm more than willing to take that chance.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
@EN1GMA Darkseid, seen as a young man before he became Darkseid in a much longer history lesson that features full dialogue and the present-day + Knightmare self at the height of his power will be in the 2021 film and would have always been in the original release if not for the cinematic version of the DC Implosion.
His actor who did both voice and mo-cap work:
www.imdb.com

Ray Porter | Actor

Known for: Zack Snyder's Justice League, Argo, Almost Famous
Another outside the box casting decision. He gets my full approval and will be in the Sandman audio drama that is about to come out. DeSaad is also featured. Darkseid is apparently HUGE so expect the N52 design that lead to the rescale. A visual from Darkseid War, a modern classic if you ask me, to show that scale:
56aal1m6gx301.jpg

Steppenwolf was always the main villain of JLA Part 1. He still is. JLA Part 2 would have had Darkseid as the main bad with the New Gods and their planets fully-featured who would go over into Snyder´s 5th and final DCEU directed film if the vision Snyder and Geoff Johns laid out was followed. That one is fully set on a terraformed earth, aka New Apokolips. That final film was Injustice x Rock of Ages/Final Crisis x Flashpoint (which Johns wrote). Snyder himself confirmed that the breakdown that ends with Jonathan Bruce (Samuel in the comics) Kent being born is real. He gets that name as Batman "dies" fighting Darkseid in film 5. The Knightmare is avered and both the JLA which would have swelled over the series and family man Superman get to ride into the sunset.
Film 2 (BvS) and 4 (JLA 2) are the darkest chapters and there was full room for films around them. Aquaman was the king of Atlantis in JLA 2 for example.
Me being denied Zack Snyder´s Orion is the greatest injustice I ever suffered. If Orion isn´t the most Zack Snyder character than I don´t know who is.
Let´s hope that Ava DuVernay´s destined to be separate New Gods film will finally get off the ground. She and Tom King are now on the 4th draft.

Another comic Snyder fans need to read but this one is quite famous:

RCO032.jpg

Superman: Peace on Earth. A breakdown of these by Paul Dini and Alex Ross. All are good.
Quoting for TRUTH

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
@EN1GMA Another comic Snyder fans need to read but this one is quite famous:

RCO032.jpg

Lifting iconography from a completely unrelated story doesn't mean you "get" a character, it just means that you care more about imagery than what those images mean as a part of the greater story; even the Wikipedia entry you linked to features a plot description that has nothing to do with the plot of Batman V. Superman:
Superman: Peace on Earth
After helping to start the Christmas season in Metropolis, Superman finds a starving young woman that leads to him look up the topic of world hunger. Wanting to help, Superman proposes to the United Nations to help to end world hunger through the gesture of spending a day delivering as much food as he can to settlements that need it anywhere on the planet, an idea met with significant controversy but ultimately given the go-ahead. With tankers filled with food, Superman flies to starving and impoverished locations all over the Earth, and is met with varying levels of gratitude, praise, fear and frenzy. Eventually, Superman arrives in a country whose militarized government warns against his help. In response to his persistence, they fire a chemical-weapon missile at where he is, with civilians below. He attempts to save the people by sending the cloud of poison into space, but the tanker is damaged and the food is poisoned. He stops his mission in the middle, incomplete. The international press reports it. He returns to Metropolis as Clark Kent. He remembers his adoptive father teachings on farming and the old proverb Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish and he eats for a lifetime. So he decides to be an example to others, sharing his knowledge to anyone in need and hope to inspire the world.
Batman V. Superman
The film begins with the battle between Superman and General Zod in Metropolis,[N 1] as seen from the ground, where buildings are destroyed and many lives lost. Billionaire Bruce Wayne is caught up in the mayhem, unable to do more than watch, and comfort a couple of strangers whose lives have been ruined.

Eighteen months later, Superman is a controversial figure. Wayne, who has operated in Gotham City as the vigilante Batman for 20 years, sees Superman as an alien threat to humanity. After learning of Batman's form of justice, Clark Kent (Superman's civilian identity) seeks to expose him via Daily Planet articles. Wayne learns of Russian weapon trafficker Anatoli Knyazev's contacts with LexCorp mogul Lex Luthor. Meanwhile, Luthor tries to persuade Senator June Finch to let him import kryptonite retrieved from the Indian Ocean after Zod's terraforming attempt, ostensibly to use as a deterrent against future Kryptonian and metahuman threats. Unsuccessful, he instead meets with Finch's subordinate and gains access to Zod's body and the Kryptonian scout ship.

Bruce attends a gala at LexCorp to steal encrypted data from the company's mainframe, but antiquities dealer Diana Prince takes it from him; she returns it after failing to access the information. While decrypting the drive, Bruce dreams of a post-apocalyptic world where he leads rebels against an evil Superman. He is awakened by an unidentified person, appearing through a portal, who tells him that Lois Lane "is the key" and urges him to find "the others" before vanishing.[N 2] Upon decrypting the drive, Wayne discovers Luthor's files on several metahumans across the globe. One is Diana Prince, who appears in a photo from World War I. Wayne tells Alfred Pennyworth that he plans to steal the kryptonite and will weaponize it, if necessary, to fight Superman.

At a Congressional hearing, as Finch questions Superman on the validity of his actions, a bomb smuggled in by Luthor detonates, killing all present except Superman. Blaming himself for not detecting the bomb, and frustrated at failing to save them, Superman goes into self-imposed exile. Batman breaks into LexCorp and steals the kryptonite. Preparing to battle Superman, he builds a powered exoskeleton, and creates a kryptonite grenade launcher and a kryptonite-tipped spear. Meanwhile, Luthor enters the Kryptonian ship and accesses a database of technology accumulated from over 100,000 worlds.

Luthor lures Superman out of exile by kidnapping Lois and Martha Kent, Clark's adoptive mother. He pushes Lois off the LexCorp building. Superman saves her and confronts Luthor, who reveals he manipulated him and Batman by fueling their distrust. Luthor demands he kill Batman in exchange for Martha's life. Superman tries to explain this to Batman, who instead attacks him and eventually subdues him using a kryptonite gas. As Batman prepares to kill him with the spear, Superman urges him to "save Martha" - the same name as Batman's mother. This confuses Batman long enough for Lois to arrive and explain what Superman meant. Realizing how far he has fallen and unwilling to let an innocent die, Batman rescues Martha, while Superman confronts Luthor on the scout ship.

Luthor executes his backup plan, unleashing a monster genetically engineered from DNA from both Zod's body and his own.[N 3] Diana Prince arrives, and, revealing her metahuman powers, joins forces with Batman and Superman against the creature. They are outmatched, but Superman, realizing its vulnerability to kryptonite, retrieves the spear and impales the creature with it. In its dying moments, the creature kills Superman, weakened as he is by kryptonite exposure.

Luthor is arrested. Batman confronts him in prison, warning him that he will always be watching. Luthor gloats that Superman's death has made the world vulnerable to powerful alien threats. A memorial is held for Superman in Metropolis. Clark is also declared dead, with family members and friends, and Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince, attending his funeral in Smallville. Martha gives Lois an envelope containing an engagement ring from Clark. Bruce tells Diana that he regrets having failed Superman in life. He asks her help to form a team of metahumans, starting with those named in Luthor's files, to help protect the world in Superman's absence. After everyone has left, the dirt atop Clark's coffin levitates.
The visuals they lift from Peace on Earth have nothing to do with the story that BS is trying to tell, same as the quotes they lift from The Dark Knight/Strikes Again.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Lifting iconography from a completely unrelated story doesn't mean you "get" a character, it just means that you care more about imagery than what those images mean as a part of the greater story; even the Wikipedia entry you linked to features a plot description that has nothing to do with the plot of Batman V. Superman:

The visuals they lift from Peace on Earth have nothing to do with the story that BS is trying to tell, same as the quotes they lift from The Dark Knight/Strikes Again.

Yeah, Snyder just copies the visuals, but does not understand what they meant in their own context.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
David Ayer's been quite active on Twitter lately continuously talking up his cut of Suicide Squad, and it's pretty obvious he's trying to get similar sort of movement going, it's pretty funny in a sad kind of way.

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
I'd like to see as much of joker as possible in a re cut suicide squad, the whole movie could have been about joker especially if Warner brothers didn't want the darkseid parademons storyline.

I still believe jared leto could have done a good job if given a better chance. I just wished they'd gone with the Jason Todd idea as I now like to think joaquin phoenix turns into a psycho joker and tortures Todd into becoming the 2nd of 3 jokers.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
As much as I love the DCEU, I have zero interest in seeing anything else from Suicide Squad. There's nothing that can redeem Leto's Joker or the direction they chose to go with him.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018

thank you for saying this! batman v superman lifted panels straight from the comics while the writing has nothing to do with the comic they are lifted from. It's as if they are added just for fans to go

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Peace on Earth won awards, therefore Snyder gets Superman...what in the world does one have to do with the other

I think I dislike these overwrought essays deifying Snyder's filmmaking more than the actual films, lol.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Snyder does this all the time, same thing happened with Watchmen.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Peace on Earth won awards, therefore Snyder gets Superman...what in the world does one have to do with the other

I think I dislike these overwrought essays deifying Snyder's filmmaking more than the actual films, lol.
I still vividly remember people claiming that Snyder packed Batman v. Superman with deep literary references because a hole Batman made in a wall kinda looked like a whale if you squinted hard enough.

Last edited:

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
It goes deeper than that OrIok but the late 80s and the 90s were mostly a great time for DC, unlike Marvel who faced bankruptcy and the Image brain drain.

Here is a scene from Detective Comics 33 (1939). A certain DC film open with similar city-wide destruction and out of costume Bats stepping in to lift a beam:
detective33-4.jpg

detective33-5.jpg

You might say that I am crazy for bringing up a random comic from before WW2 but here is the thing. Zaddy collects Golden Age comics and this is THE first issue that shows Batman's origins. And would you look at what Thomas does to Joe Chill? He also fights back. It wasn´t Miller who had that idea first. It was Finger and Kane... or whoever drew this for Kane.
detective33-1-origin.jpg

How many people died in MoS according to Word of God "Probably 5,000 people or something like that".
comicbook.com

Man Of Steel's Death Total Was Around 5,000 People According To Director Zack Snyder

One of the biggest controversies in Man Of Steel was the massive destruction which took place in [...]
Sups kills exactly 1,5 people in these films outside the Knightmare. Zod and Doomsday Zod. Guess who he killed in the comics before?
The destruction of Metropolis is all Zod, unless you want to bill Sups for the glass windows he drags Zod´s face though. Superman destroys more of Smallville that he does of Metropolis but this has been proven many times over on YT. Moving on.

I am pretty sure that millions died in Suicide Squad due to what Enchantress did to that city within minutes. The award-winning (not a joke, the book also won an award) Suicide Squad: The Official Movie Novelization by Marv Wolfman is mostly the Ayer Cut if you want to know more.

This twin cities divided by a bay stuff is from the Silver Age and this is Metropolis with Wayne Manor in the background.
batman-v-superman-darkseid-image.jpg

Snyder´s Doomsday "clone" follows comics canon and I don´t just mean the forced evolution virus from the N52. I ain´t wasting my time here as this is an easy way to spot who actually read 90s comics and who is just screaming about Snyder not doing that panel they once saw on the web correctly.

Superman "died" early into his career in the Post Crisis canon. Not 18 to 19 months in but still early. Let´s just say twice as much. Snyder and the 2-part N52 toon film got that aspect right. We skipped the Superman imposters but him dying young (well, age 34 to 35) and being deified early on is right out of the comics.

Doomsday is even seeded in the opening to MoS. The TV show Krypton (it gets good with S01E3) by MoS writer David S. Goyer was supposed to be DCEU canon and get into that but you know. The DCEU imploded. It has the "real" Doomsday.

Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey by Dan Jurgens is the sequel to Death of Superman and should be read by all Snyder fans:
94b8a051b5f3a550dde115199f593d1a._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpg
0995b21dd8c6fd8c291c795e1d632406._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpg

On violence in Superman comics, from the same mini. It doesn´t seem to be Comic Code approved. Dan Jurgens the original Zack Snyder, lol:
hunterpreya.jpg
hunterpreyb.jpg

Re-reading it after seeing BvS lead to a few double takes by me. I can go on all day. Especially about Lex who is my favorite part of the DCEU.
Snyder cares so much about DC comics that he ends up caring too much. That´s why the movement only gained momentum. Snyder gave fans a 250 million dollar version (MoS had budget bloat due to carryover cost from Superman Returns 2 and BvS had all that costly Dawn of Justice stuff it needed to build up) of what some as me had been reading/following for decades and you can also go from the films to the comics, toons and so on and see similar content. Such a feedback loop only builds and some people at DC, especially at the toon division, have really been stoking this movement hard.
You can´t show someone nirvana and then yank the chain. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men cruel. Well, here we are.

Other callbacks:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Complete DC Comics Easter Eggs and Reference Guide

Your complete guide to DC Comics references, Justice League movie hints, and DCEU Easter eggs in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice!

The Knightmare sequence is a take on the seminal Rock of Ages by Grant Morrison, one of the thanked comic writers in the JLA film. It´s my all-time favorite JLA story. All the other thanked writers broken down:
comicbook.com

Batman V Superman: Who Were the Comic Book Creators In the Credits?

If you're an American comic book creator, you're used to getting very little credit when things [...]
comicbook.com

Suicide Squad: Who Were the Comic Book Creators In the Credits?

If you're an American comic book creator, you're used to getting very little credit when things [...]
comicbook.com

What Comic Book Creators Are in the Wonder Woman Credits?

Like Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad before it, the Wonder Woman movie in [...]
comicbook.com

Who are the Comic Book Creators in the 'Justice League' Credits?

The recent DC Films releases have been prolific in naming comic book writers and artists for [...]
comicbook.com

'Aquaman': Here are the Comic Book Creators Named in the Credits

When Aquaman hits theaters this weekend, it will be the product of over 75 years of comic book, [...]

To say that a director who literally made my childhood dreams come true on the silver screen is some illiterate hack who doesn´t get the comics he is adapting is thus deeply offensive to me. Totally not controversial comic author Tom King lastly referenced the Snyder-verse a few times. Knightmare cosplay Bats killing a horse:
bm-33-1.jpg

He literally had an arc called "Knightmares" in 2019 but it's not Darkseid related. Cool story from back when people were the angriest at him. Aren´t internet nerds the best? I wonder how many death threats he gets... I love you Tom. Heroes in Crisis was the best "event" in years.

PS: Battison will be a great Batman. Release the Hype Engine.
I can appreciate your appreciation of Snyder but he doesn't get why Superman or Batman actually work as characters. Even if he was trying to bring in grounded versions of the characters, he still missed the mark 9 times out of 10. There are a few hooks that would be super interesting to explore but Snyder explore them like a 13 year old edge lord. Themes and questions like does the world need Superman, what would his place be, and how would the world react to someone like him, those are fascinating questions that could have been explored but Snyder isn't interested in that. He just wants to make things that look cool. Snyder just lifts images that look good but doesn't understand why any of the stories Thaf he takes from actually work.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
A fan compilation of the Vero shots of Snyder´s JLA in one place:
More on Darkside´s scale:
vero.co

Zack Snyder shared a photo on VERO™

Uxas clearing the defenders of earth from the anti-life equation he better lookout for David Thewlis
Some stuff, as Steppenwolf´s death, for sure were never finished under Snyder. To say that the most ardent supporter of Snyder didn´t know this is wrong. Who do the journalists think is we were getting this info from? Everyone from DC employees to disgruntled effects staff to the stunt team came together to make this happen. The failure of reporting on this fan movent is frankly staggering:
vero.co

Zack Snyder shared photos on VERO™

Not sure how they killed Steppenwolf in the theatrical version of JL this was never finished all the way but I use Gods to kill Gods
Steppy would have died around the 2 hours and 10 min mark in the theatrical cut and there is no way that only one cut of the film would have released as even Dawn of the Dead (by Universal) has a director's cut. These are Zack´s curse and the film was going through ADR in January 2017:
vero.co

Zack Snyder shared a photo on VERO™

That time in January 2017 when Diana came face to face with Uxas for the first time
Josstice League premiered on October 26th so "picture lock" for him would have been around early Oktober at the latest. Reshoots began in July of 2017 and cost $25 mil. That´s the ballpark cost of the Snyder Cut. Whedon´s team had 3 months and change to extensively re-shoot and do to post work! I ain´t angry at that team for making the worst of a bad situation but doing all that to get a Batgirl gig and to then be fired form it is... yeah. WB deserved to implode. For comparison. BvS was delayed by a full year for Zack to execute on his vision THE way he wanted. That´s how every frame became a panting. The lake around Wayne Mannor is shaped like a Bat in BvS and even young Bruce forms one with the Bats during his nightmare at the start. Stuff like that is what makes the film on repeat viewing. The Snyder Cut will be another complex looking film, just look at this camera setup:
vero.co

Zack Snyder shared photos on VERO™

A little BTS of how I shot the mother box scene in the Wayne aerospace hangar I wanted a constant moving camera so came up with 8 camera beam splitter rig just cool technical part of the job
Willem Dafoe in a full sporting performance. Even Jim Sterling will have to watch this cut.
This movement will go as far as Zack is willing to go for us. Animated versions of film 4 and 5 and/or comics are my more than manageable end-goal but HBOMax might have their own Mandalorian on their hands if they play their cards right. But let´s say Film 3 is it. I See This as an Absolute Win is my answer.
I am so hyped for that Norse gods cartoon. Thx Netflix. Zack Snyder with NO shakes. Can´t wait.

On the question of how complete the Snyder-verse will feel after 2021 if this is it. It won´t be pushed much further than in 2017 but his film will be a coherent end product. Simple as that and the people who say that his JLA will still be bad are 100% correct. You are not the target audience. That train has left the station long ago.
Justice-League-3.jpg

2qahjygs3li21.png

End of Gieger-Gellion is back on the menu.

Last edited:

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I remember when Man of Steel was close to coming out and a couple things that Snyder would always talk about in the press junkets.
MoS crates Kyptonite on screen and on the DCEU slate growing and evolving, well:
twitter.com

Jay Oliva on Twitter

“@DAlter007 Okay school is in session... Back in April 2013 (before MoS released in June) I was tasked with doing the Superman 75 short. I met with Zack who was the exec producer on it and he showed me storyboards of BvS with Batman already in it. AND it was a Batman from DKR.”
twitter.com

Jay Oliva on Twitter

“@shewrick @TeeLocasone @I_Am_MFR @Transfigurati0n The sequel was BvS. It was underway before MOS opened. So please change this fallacy of shoehorning Batman into a sequel. That was Always part of the plan.”
I could go on how even MoS itself changed during production but that info is easy to find too. Seeing an ongoing series evolve over time nothing new. The MCU says hello and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure was supposed to be a 3 part saga that ends in the present, aka the late 80s. We are now on Part 8 and Vol 127/129. The Walking Dead was supposed to introduce aliens as the big twist of the first arc. Those eventually made it into a joke issue. Etc. Such is the creative process.

Here is the masterful short both did for Superman´s 75th in 2013:

Last edited:

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched MoS again the other day. I still can't believe DC is tossing even more money at Zack Snyder After the damage he's done to their movie brand.

When Aquaman and Harley have to carry you, you know something got messed up somewhere.

Venuslulu

Oct 28, 2017
If the audience reception to BvS is any indication to what a complete Snyder film is like, I think it'll be a more coherent movie that still isn't that good.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
When asked about the reported $30 million budget on this on a recent podcast, Bob Greenblatt, the WarnerMedia Chairmen, said he wished it was only $30 million - so it seems like theres more going into this than we thought.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I posted this in the wrong topic by using the wrong tab. Sorry. This goes here.

About that podcast. Robert Greenblatt, current Chairman of WarnerMedia Entertainment, confirmed that Snyder Cut talks started last fall. Guess when the film trended on Twitter? The 20 to 30 mil budget reported in the press announcement by THR is on the lower end according to him. It's a radical rethinking of that movie and it's complicated and wildly expensive. Which is, of course, a number I won't quote. I'll just say I wish it was $30 million and stop there." The full statement on why this wasn´t at the launch at HBO and other info begins at minute 31:40.
podcasts.google.com

Google Podcasts

With Google Podcasts, you can find and listen to the world's podcasts for free.
The summary version:

Greenblatt is and I quote, "excited" and views the new film as an "event". Us doing all this shit paid off. He confirmes that the plane stunt over WB´s offices worked!
Zack-Snyder-Justice-League-AFSP-Release-the-Snyder-Cut-Banner-Burbank.jpg
tu2gokjkrsq31.jpg

That´s Times Square on the right. It´s a travesty that fans had to come together to market this out of their pocket but the current WB heads aren´t the ones who sunk this film. We came from the brink of total defeat and half of it went to charity. I can live with that. I am factually advertising this thing right now so I guess that I´ll have to take to Twitter when the film comes out. That´s where we hit gold. The film or eps need views. They need to trend on social media. Etc.

Lx24aQk.gif

and he will land this plane for us.

To contribute something new. Ayer didn´t write Suicide Squad in 2 weeks:
twitter.com

David Ayer on Twitter

“Script in two weeks is meme garbage https://t.co/D266cgQszl”
He is currently developing a Dirty Dozen remake for WB. That´s why he can openly talk about his wish to recut SS into his vision that is 90 something % finished and is currently in a vault with a full score and everything. No new filming is needed. Only some effects would need polishing. This is a skeleton crew job in a market that needs such work right now. Which is also helping Snyder´s cause. Those effects houses need work with how shut down a lot of Holywood is right now.

Last edited:

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Watched MoS again the other day. I still can't believe DC is tossing even more money at Zack Snyder After the damage he's done to their movie brand.

When Aquaman and Harley have to carry you, you know something got messed up somewhere.

Conventional wisdom dictates that when you do a bad movie, you stop dumping money on it. Let's see if WB strategy of investing 20-30 million dollars more in this mess will make the bad movie good.