IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

View: https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status/1734273473218826314

When asked on if there's any movement on him coming back into the DCU:
"No, there hasn't been. It's all above my paygrade. I don't know but listen, I'm very proud of both films. I think the second film was, in some respects, even better than the first and the first was very good. You know, ultimately, it didn't do at the box office what everyone hoped it would do. So, I don't know ultimately how that plays into the fate ultimately of where it goes but if I only got the shot to do the first two films, very grateful for that opportunity because it's such a delightful character to play. Its Christopher Reeves, Superman and Tom Hanks in one role and that was my childhood, so it was so much fun. I would love to do more collaborations with it like with Nathan Fillion's Green Lantern.

The interviewer then asks Levi if we're possibly seeing him in a new role like we are with Sean Gunn, who Levi seemed to not know or realize that Sean Gunn did have different roles in the DCEU as he had to get corrected by the interviewer on this fact despite actively being in the DCEU. After being corrected, Levi said this real quickly in an extremely salty manner lmao:
When you're the brother of the guy who runs DC, I guess you get to play who you want.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
When you're an anti-vax has-been you don't get to play who you want.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
bold of zachary levi to champion shazam as a family movie and then condemn the DCEU for being a family franchise

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
A white conservative conspiratorial dude whining about not getting a job?

How novel!

OrigamiPirate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
San Francisco
I dislike this actor, he doesn't seem super effective in most roles I've seen him in, and he always has some stank to put on someone elses' name.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
To think I really liked him when he was Chuck. I guess Adam Baldwin really did a number on him.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's been sort of agreed upon by people that Nepotism is fine as long as the person who is offered the opportunity has something to bring to the table. Both Gunns are good guys with lots of talent. They work hard and it's not like he cast him as Superman lol. I'd also work with my brother any day of the week if offered the opportunity. I want to work with people I click with.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am conflicted, naked nepotism should be called out but at the same time he is a chud.

Mister Ursine

Sep 10, 2023
I mean, he's a loser, but he's not wrong. You can tell he gets a little in his feelings about it, which I kinda get. If everybody except you came back, that would do it. They're not but the mention of Momoa and Gunn completely derailed his media training.

Aren't him and Gunn good friends? Or was that Safran? I could've sworn they hung out socially, like completely outside of DC stuff.

Dec 2, 2017
its-true-but-he-shouldnt-say-it-marge-simpson.gif

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's been sort of agreed upon by people that Nepotism is fine as long as the person who is offered the opportunity has something to bring to the table. Both Gunns are good guys with lots of talent. They work hard and it's not like he cast him as Superman lol. I'd also work with my brother any day of the week if offered the opportunity. I want to work with people I click with.
Yeah it's tricky for sure, Sean Gunn always nails his parts so its not like he's being cast out of nepotism alone. If he weren't James' brother, he'd probably still be cast because he likes working with him and likes what he adds to the roles - which is what every other director on the planet does when considering cast.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be more conflicted about nepotism if Sean Gunn didn't rule, and make everything he's in better.

Macam

Nov 8, 2018
The Shazam movies are total forgettable snoozefests and there's absolutely nothing interesting about them.

The same can be said of Levi.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
I am conflicted, naked nepotism should be called out but at the same time he is a chud.

Yeah.

I mean Levi seemingly sucks as a person and I personally like Sean Gunn a lot (been a fan since Gilmore Girls), but this dude definitely benefiting from James Gunn running the show.

It's not that outrageous a comment.

Corrupt

Shinra Employee
Oct 31, 2017
Aardman has bad luck with their male main character castings for Chicken Runs.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
If Sean was awful I'd be more inclined to get on the nepotism train. He was getting work before his brother cast him in Guardians and he was a perfect fit for the role 🤷‍♂️

megashock5

Oct 27, 2017
Powell, Ohio
I liked him in Chuck, Shazam and even thought he was good in Marvelous Ms. Maisel... I'm not going to pretend he didn't have some success just because I think he's a chud now.
I like him a lot in Chuck (I like almost everyone on that show) but he's not doing himself any favors lately. Still hope he successfully resurrects Chuck, though.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
"Director casting his oddball brother in secondary roles" is the good form of nepotism because Clint Howard

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I like him a lot in Chuck (I like almost everyone on that show) but he's not doing himself any favors lately. Still hope he successfully resurrects Chuck, though.
Watching Handmaid's Tale really shows how under-utlized Yvonne Strahovski was/is. She's such a great performer!

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame Levi turned out to be such an asshole. I really enjoyed Chuck, but between him and Baldwin, it's not a show worth me re-watching again.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
James Gunn casting his talented brother in small roles in his films is like the lowest stakes nepotist hiring ever. Not sure why anyone really cares about it.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Ron hired his Dad a bunch of times as well. Nobody cared as Rance Howard was a good actor.

It's not nepotism if the actor is talented and right for the part.
I just don't want to hear about Hollywood is a strict meritocracy. That seems to only apply to certain people

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Is this nepotism if Sean Gunn has been doing small roles collabbing with his brother and mocapping while also being a stand in for Rocket for like a decade. It's not like the dude has been sitting on his ass then suddenly got a big role because of his brother and nothing else.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really like the guy, but if you watch the clip it's not nearly as bad as it reads.

Was watching it and waiting for him to put his foot in his mouth because he always came off as very defensive about how Shazam performed at the box office and with critics and I was surprised he seemed to be over it. The Sean Gun comment is just a joke after not realizing he was in the DCEU and then the interview names two different roles he had played. The OP title seems like he's annoyed he's not still in it and is mad that Sean Gunn is which just isn't the take away from clip IMO.

Jan 20, 2022
Chuck was one of my all-time favorite shows and a definitive work of film as I was growing up. I was pretty disappointed to find out Levis is such a twat in real life.