UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Rapunzel really ought to have brained Flynn/Eugene harder with that frying pan of hers.

Eth.gif

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I mean to be fair 'Gays Against Groomers' sounds like a worthwhile initiative, until you, like, look at the people involved, follow the Twitter or do any research at all.

Yeah I don't feel like clicking the link to see who's involved and what they post, but on name alone I thought it sounded fine
all it takes is a moment to think about the kind of folks at this very moment yelling the word 'GROOMER', and who they are yelling that at

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
Being against groomer part sounds fine then you read the rest of the bio which sounds like conspiracy theory bullshit.

Dec 13, 2018
Just to be clear, I'm not defending the guy, he clearly knows what he's doing. Only that there's a reason a hate group would use a mask like this.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
It's a very basic form of dog whistling.

Do we need to explain what people actually mean when they talk about "thugs" and "MS-13" too? How about Sharia Law?

starpower

Digital Dumpster Diver
Banned
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
My kid was upset that people were going after the FaZe clan guy so I had to explain what a Venn diagram was. Once that was done I could explain to him the white/male/incel/gamergate/Andrew Tate/NFT/crypto Venn diagram.
That's what scares me - he's gone deep into gamer culture. He's pretty openly antagonistic to typical GG shit, thankfully, even without my influence. But sometimes I'll read a story on ERA and five minutes later the kid shows up and is like "MALE STREAMER and FEMALE STREAMER are beefing, why would FEMALE STREAMER do this to him?" and I have to tell him the full story that THE BOYS didn't explain in their TikTok rant.

It's like deprogramming.
I can only imagine how hard it must be to keep up with the chaos that is the internet when you're a parent. I feel like your kid is fortunate you're at least informed

MaffewE

Feb 15, 2018
To be fair, it only takes a cursory glance at Zachary Levi's Twitter follows to note that this isn't out of the ordinary for him. I mean, there's also...
  • Claire Fox (former British MEP, openly transphobic and Covid-denying)
  • 'Clown World' (who... well.. yeah.)
  • A certain wizard book author
  • Robert F Kennedy Jr.
  • Russell Brand
  • Riley Gaines
  • Jordan Peterson
  • Matt Taibbi
  • Dr. Aseem Malhotra (UK-based antivax doctor, who was on stage with Naomi Wolf earlier today)
  • Peter McCullough (also heavily antivax)
  • Titania McGrath (transphobic parody account)
  • Joe Rogan
  • Novak Djokovic
  • Chris Sonnenburg (formerly of Tangled: The Series, but now Senior VP of Animation Development for The Daily Wire, and he doesn't follow almost anyone else from Tangled)
A fair number of those accounts are literally either entirely transphobia, entirely antivax / covid-denying, or a mix of both. And he follows < 500 accounts. So.

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
To be fair, it only takes a cursory glance at Zachary Levi's Twitter follows to note that this isn't out of the ordinary for him. I mean, there's also...
  • Claire Fox (former British MEP, openly transphobic and Covid-denying)
  • 'Clown World' (who... well.. yeah.)
  • A certain wizard book author
  • Robert F Kennedy Jr.
  • Russell Brand
  • Riley Gaines
  • Jordan Peterson
  • Matt Taibbi
  • Dr. Aseem Malhotra (UK-based antivax doctor, who was on stage with Naomi Wolf earlier today)
  • Peter McCullough (also heavily antivax)
  • Titania McGrath (transphobic parody account)
  • Joe Rogan
  • Novak Djokovic
  • Chris Sonnenburg (formerly of Tangled: The Series, but now Senior VP of Animation Development for The Daily Wire, and he doesn't follow almost anyone else from Tangled)
A fair number of those accounts are literally either entirely transphobia, entirely antivax / covid-denying, or a mix of both. And he follows < 500 accounts. So.
Fuckin yikes

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
I mean to be fair 'Gays Against Groomers' sounds like a worthwhile initiative, until you, like, look at the people involved, follow the Twitter or do any research at all.
Part of the right's current plan of attack against LGBT people (especially trans people) is to associate universally and bipartisanly agreed upon bad things (pedophilia, groomers) with gay and trans people.

Oct 25, 2017
He's come a long way since the time he tried to raise $1 million dollars from his fans for a party they wouldn't be invited to, doing it on the premise that if he had $1 million to throw his party they might be able to raise $200,000 for charity.

MaffewE

Feb 15, 2018
He's come a long way since the time he tried to raise $1 million dollars from his fans for a party they wouldn't be invited to, doing it on the premise that if he had $1 million to throw his party they might be able to raise $200,000 for charity.
I had not heard that story before. For those in the same boat as me:

Zachary Levi’s NERD HQ Raising $1Million To Throw Comic Con Parties

Your donation will get you nothing at all.

🙁